PDA

View Full Version : Kim Jong Il names son his immideate successor!

Kittypower
15-01-09, 21:46
+++Kim Jong Il names successor+++
Northkorean leader surprisingly announces his son, Kim Jong Un, as his successor. The 24-year old takes the lead of the communist party. The third son of Kim Jong Il previously played no role in thoughts about Kims succession.

Interesting development, i say.
And wow, heading a country at 24! Dream come true! Although it's a fairly ****ty one

EDIT:
http://www.n-tv.de/1085700.html

German link

Rivendell
15-01-09, 21:48
24 yr old.. Wow.

Mad Tony
15-01-09, 21:50
Why are the North Koreans carrying this on? The reason why they're doing so badly and their citizens have so few freedoms is because of the communist government. If North Korea had a similar government to that of South Korea then they would be doing far better.

IceColdLaraCroft
15-01-09, 23:16
They've only ever had two leaders (as a communist country) Kim Jong Il and his father and now his son.

ben_the_joka
15-01-09, 23:17
Because the greedy ******* wont let go of power,

Draco
15-01-09, 23:19
Was anyone surprised? I mean seriously.

Candee Sparks
15-01-09, 23:22
Communism...:vlol:

IceColdLaraCroft
15-01-09, 23:23
We thought Democratic Freedom would come to starving North Koreans.

Shrantellatessa
16-01-09, 02:26
So defying the US continues in North Korea...Hummm.

Tombreaper
16-01-09, 02:38
Poor sonny, maybe he will change the country when his father dies.

Let's hope so.

Ward Dragon
16-01-09, 02:52
Poor sonny, maybe he will change the country when his father dies.

Let's hope so.

Indeed. I've got no idea who the son is or what he's like. I hope he's better than his father, but of course his father probably wouldn't have chosen him if that was the case so I'm worried :(

spikejones
16-01-09, 04:39
:wve:
apyB93-1FHk
:D

not sure what to think about the guy other than what I saw in "Team America: World Police"

Draco
16-01-09, 04:48
So defying the US continues in North Korea...Hummm.

Is that even relevant?

Defying or not defying the US should not be a factor in what a sovereign nation does internally.

rowanlim
16-01-09, 04:56
Whatever the motive, let's just hope the successor will bring progress to NK.

Shrantellatessa
16-01-09, 05:03
Is that even relevant?

Defying or not defying the US should not be a factor in what a sovereign nation does internally.

Shouldn't be a factor, but it seems to be THE factor when it comes to invading entire countries and killing their innocent people in the name of "bleed'em" ("freedom").

Mad Tony
16-01-09, 06:12
So defying the US continues in North Korea...Hummm.More like defying their own citizens. North Korea is one of the most unfree countries both politically and economically and it's all because of their communist government.

Forwen
16-01-09, 06:39
We thought Democratic Freedom would come to starving North Koreans.

What do these two things have to do with each other? Democracy has absolutely nothing to do with economy.

Kim Jong Il? Does anyone seriously believe the guy is still alive? :confused:

Shrantellatessa
16-01-09, 07:47
More like defying their own citizens. North Korea is one of the most unfree countries both politically and economically and it's all because of their communist government.

I know, but this doesn't give the right to the US to intervene everywhere and use names such as "The Axis of Evil", we're not in WWII.

IceColdLaraCroft
16-01-09, 12:21
What do these two things have to do with each other? Democracy has absolutely nothing to do with economy.

Kim Jong Il? Does anyone seriously believe the guy is still alive? :confused:

They're starving because KJ-Il has closed the country off from the rest of the world. If the dictatorship was gone and replaced by something else they could be helped.

It was more of a "they need a regime change" comment.

Mad Tony
16-01-09, 15:46
I know, but this doesn't give the right to the US to intervene everywhere and use names such as "The Axis of Evil", we're not in WWII.Just by saying that N. Korea is part of "The Axis of Evil" is hardly intervention.

Shrantellatessa
16-01-09, 15:57
Just by saying that N. Korea is part of "The Axis of Evil" is hardly intervention.

But that's how military intervention starts.

Mad Tony
16-01-09, 16:00
But that's how military intervention starts.It can be. As I said, simply calling a country evil isn't intervention. Until the US starts invading Iran and N. Korea (which I seriously doubt would happen anyway), I'd avoid saying they "intervene everywhere".

Forwen
16-01-09, 16:25
They're starving because KJ-Il has closed the country off from the rest of the world. If the dictatorship was gone and replaced by something else they could be helped.

It was more of a "they need a regime change" comment.

Yeah, and I was pointing out that political regime alone has nothing to do with economical situation. What North Korea needs is capitalism. Obviously regime and economy influence each other -you can argue you can't have totalitarianism and capitalism, at least not for long, but you can have prosperity without democracy.

AmericanAssassin
16-01-09, 16:30
We should just blow them up and be done with them. :whi: Heehee. I'm totally joking, although, I think it's ridiculous that such a family continues to rule anything, let alone a country. Something needs to be done eventually. :mis:

TRhalloween
16-01-09, 16:40
Congratulations
yay communism http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-confused-smileys-282.gif (http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/Free-Confused-Smileys/)