PDA

View Full Version : Weird things that have happened to you

oocladableeblah
16-01-09, 00:40
I just had the weirdest coincidental thing today. This morning I was listening to the radio and they were talking about theater food and of course they talked about pop corn and about how you usually end up eating it all before the previews end. I got to my English class it smelled like pop corn and my teacher started coughing saying she had a pop corn kernel stuck in her throat. Then I was reading the book Christine and the characters were popping some pop corn.

So have there ever been any weird and/or coincidental things that have happened to you?

MiCkiZ88
16-01-09, 01:02
With Mitchy all the time. We keep doing the same things at the same time and saying the same thing at the very same millisecond. It's actually really scary. =/

spikejones
16-01-09, 01:13
theres no coincidences.... only conspiracies. no... I cant recall anything off hand that has been anything like that. But sometimes, the mind chooses to pickup on such things that it wants too. For instance, that day you may just have wanted to eat some pop corn, so any time you heard "pop corn" or read the word... it stuck in your mind - in fact the craving for popcorn may have been set off from the radio show. Any other day, you may have just dismissed it or not even picked up on it.

One day I may wake up with a certain number in my head and then everywhere I go, I will start seeing that number manifest itself - but its just because I WANT to see it, whether it be consciously or more often - subconsciously.

[conspiracy theory]It could be argued that it was not even coincidence at all, but a rather well hastily planned lesson by the teacher. Perhaps she knew that the book was going to have people eating pop-corn and decided she wanted to eat some popcorn as well. Then that leaves the coincidence being radio show with pop-corn and school with pop-corn. BUT... perhaps it was not a coincidence even then... the teacher may have heard the very same radio show herself, decided to grab some popcorn on the way to school, and decided to throw in the book about popcorn as well.[/conspiracy theory]

Geck-o-Lizard
16-01-09, 01:36
I read this article (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baader-Meinhof_Phenomenon) a few days ago. The next day, I stumbled across the same article via a link listings website... Considering the topic of the article, I was quite amused.

oocladableeblah
16-01-09, 01:46
A lot of text
lmao nice theory :tmb: and it could be true, but I doubt it.
I haven't had any craving for popcorn at all today or earlier in the week.

I don't think she listens to that radio station because I have heard some of the music she has. Now if it were my old spanish teacher you would definitely have something there because I know for fact that she listens to the same station.

I also don't think she reads stephen king because she asked if the books were as scary as the movies. I also doubt she has seen the movie of the book.

spikejones
16-01-09, 01:53
spanks..:D

i found a large PDF on the net about a psychological study of coincidences (or something like that) havent read it all, but I think I'll print it out for perusal and see what I can learn if anything. check it out if you are interested:
http://www.koestler-parapsychology.psy.ed.ac.uk/Documents/EJPv8_Watt.pdf

Ikas90
16-01-09, 04:33
Things like that happen to me all the time. I think they are called "premonitions".

I would just randomly think of the Matrix movie in my head. Then the next day, I see it on the TV program for tomorrow.

That's just one example.

spikejones
16-01-09, 04:44
Ikas... you may find this interesting then:
http://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/pto-20040715-000008.html

irjudd
16-01-09, 04:47
It's just like when you want a certain car, you suddenly start seeing hundreds of them driving around your town.

spikejones
16-01-09, 04:51
Its just like when spring time hits, you're single, you're body gets horny, you start getting lonely and want to be in a relationship... and everywhere you look, you see people smooching and hugging and nearly fornicating. then you feel like a looser.:o

but really its not any different than any other day. you just notice it more when you obsess about it.:(

irjudd
16-01-09, 04:52
Its just like when spring time hits, you're single, you're body gets horny, you start getting lonely and want to be in a relationship... and everywhere you look, you see people smooching and hugging and nearly fornicating. then you feel like a looser.:o

but really its not any different than any other day. you just notice it more when you obsess about it.:(
And bewbs too you notice those all over the place.

Amiright?

spikejones
16-01-09, 04:58
yup... makes me wish I had my own pair.:p

MattTR
16-01-09, 05:01
Man.. something weird did happen to me today, I ran into my ex-best friend today at college and we didn't say a word to each other, just looked at each other and went our seperate ways.. (he ended up being a jerk to me after 3 years of friendship) anyways, I saw his ex-girlfriend 5 minutes later (whom I'm still cool with, and we laughed about it all, haha!) It was just odd.. a very odd day. Small word though. :p

nickless
16-01-09, 09:27
well........yes.
right before xmas,my best frs at school drove me mad and i had the worst mood ever.and had a coupls of situations with my other 'best fr' who turned out to be a backstabber a few weeks ago.i'm not speaking to him.so i just sat in class swearing at my frs :D and thinking bout all the good times i had with the backstabber.the girl that sits beside me likes to write a couple of lines all over her notebooks.on her notebook she had written 'don't cry for that,which doesn't cry for you' (i'm not english so in my language it sounds different) and she had made this arrow below the line.she was holding her notebook open in a strange way and the arrow along with the text was pointing at the the one,who betrayed me.when i saw it i just froze for a couple of moments and tried to make up something from all of this :confused: it was really weird.

Encore
16-01-09, 09:39
My mom randomly guesses what me or my dad are thinking or feeling. It's really spooky. :p For instance, the other day when I arrived from my class in the morning I was feeling really really sick. I arrive very early (around 8 am) so my mom is usually still deep asleep at that time. But that particular day and only that day, she happened to get up, and the first thing she did was to come up to me and ask me if I was feeling well! :eek:

Another example: we were talking about which Christmas decorations to put up on the door. I started thinking about this cluster of blue christmas balls with ribbons. They're really unusual and we hardly ever use them. But the second I started thinking about them my mom goes like "What about the blue balls?". :pi:

There's LOADS of little things like this with her!