PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here into Death Note?

Melonie Tomb Raider
16-01-09, 03:50
I just decided to give it a try since it seems to be pretty popular, I bought the first season on itunes today, and I must say, so far I am highly impressed! :eek:

I've only seen the first two episodes, I'm kind of short on time atm since I have a lot of things to do, along with work, but I can't wait to finish this. Of course I'll purchase the next season afterward, but wow, this is amazing. Anyone else into it as well?

Quasimodo
16-01-09, 03:51
Oh heck yes!
I finished watching the entire series on FanCast a while back. The storyline was intense:)

spikejones
16-01-09, 04:12
I watched an episode on Adult Swim one time. I was a bit lost about it. I think I would have to watch from the very first episode to understand what it was about. I miss "witch hunter robin" and "ghost in the shell stand alone complex"

erosan
16-01-09, 05:31
i was dragged to see the 2 movies in the theatre and they were ok, but other than that, i think the whole series is extremly overrated.

Ward Dragon
16-01-09, 06:27
I haven't seen the Death Note anime yet. I read the entire manga and felt that it was really drawn out much longer than it needed to be. I also saw the live action movie at my friend's house and the acting was rather bad (except for L) so I laughed at a lot of parts that weren't meant to be funny :o I did like the way they managed to cut out half the manga and still have a decent way to end it, though. That was clever.

I watched an episode on Adult Swim one time. I was a bit lost about it. I think I would have to watch from the very first episode to understand what it was about. I miss "witch hunter robin" and "ghost in the shell stand alone complex"

Ah yeah, I really liked those two :D Witch Hunter Robin was awesome, and I liked Ghost in the Shell as well (although I didn't see it from the beginning so I had to scramble to figure out what was going on :p).

Lavinder
16-01-09, 08:19
I've watched all of them, and I really enjoyed them - I have to admit watching them one after the other I could notice repetitive drawn out flaws but besides that it was a good series :o.

khFREAK
16-01-09, 08:37
HELL YES! I love DeathNote. Planning on buying the whole series when I go to Japan :p

You will most likely find many fans on this (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=143206) thread.

Megalith
16-01-09, 08:43
Definitely one of my favourite anime series.Haven't watched the movies though...Are they any good?
Also,are there any big story differences between the manga and anime?

Catapharact
16-01-09, 12:10
Possibly the only Manga that I ever got interested in but only because Light's character intrigues me. He is the sort of personality that makes its quite clear that no matter how good you are and no matter how intelligent you are... If you're given a position of absolute control over power... You WILL abuse it. "With great power comes greater evil."

Geck-o-Lizard
16-01-09, 13:44
I love Death Note, manga and anime. Don't bother watching the live action movies though. :p

Wolf Angel
16-01-09, 14:09
Yesss!! I've been waiting for this kind of thread! :D

Sir Croft
16-01-09, 14:18
I read the manga, and watched four or five episodes of the anime. Love it! :D

Hermina94
16-01-09, 16:06
no,but my friends crazy about it!

Melonie Tomb Raider
16-01-09, 16:17
I'm really digging L so far. :D

TombRaiderCool
16-01-09, 16:21
I didn't like the live action movie that much, but I love the anime and manga. :)

Logie 12 =]
16-01-09, 16:21
i love it light is pretty damn awesome ;)

Geck-o-Lizard
17-01-09, 13:00

Ahh but that is because L is awsome. :p

L gets an idea... (http://silentreaper.deviantart.com/art/Death-Note-L-Gets-an-Idea-42953785)

young Lara Croft
17-01-09, 13:18

welcome to the club :wve: I've seen the entire series and all three films including L change the WorLd ! \have you seen them?

thecentaur
17-01-09, 13:20
Sounds like the thread for me xDD

I love death note to bits. omg it's amazing :)

Catapharact
17-01-09, 14:25
Ahh but that is because L is awsome. :p

Spoiler

Even if he sees Misa get tortured and does nothing? :whi:

Light all the way... Nuff said.

Dakaruch
17-01-09, 15:56
Yeah, i have it, although i don't have seen more than two episodes. I have another things to watch when i have free time and therefore have lost some interest about it.
I plan to continue to watch it soon though. :)