PDA

View Full Version : Woman pregnant for 60 years!

Lara Croft!
16-01-09, 18:30
http://www.scoopthis.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/60_pregnant.jpg

STUNNED doctors discovered a woman complaining of stomach ache had been carrying her unborn child for 60 YEARS.

Huang Yijun, 92, of Huangjiaotan, southern China, was told by medics in 1948 that her child had died in the womb.

Doctors demanded £100 to remove it, so she walked away.

She said: ďIt was a huge sum at the time - more than the whole family earned in several years so I did nothing and ignored it.Ē

But the secret emerged when Huang hurt her stomach and went to hospital for a scan.

Dr Liu Anbin at Qingshen hospital said: ďI couldnít believe my eyes when I discovered she had a baby in her belly.

ďIíve been a doctor for more than 40 years and itís the first time I have seen something like this.Ē

Now medics are carrying out further tests to see if Huang needs an operation to remove the baby.

Consultant Xu Xianming, director of the Obstetrics and Gynecology department at the hospital, said: ďNormally a dead fetus would decay. Itís very rare that Huang can be so healthy.Ē

source : http://www.scoopthis.org/tag/huang-yijun/

OMG!!!!!!!!:yik::yik::yik:

rowanlim
16-01-09, 18:32
:yik:

OMG.

I'm just flabbergasted.

Nemo_91
16-01-09, 18:32
Wow, that's shocking!

Angelus
16-01-09, 18:33
She didn't notice that she looked pregnant for 60 years?

Lara Croft!
16-01-09, 18:34

Read the post. She knew she had the dead baby inside her, but couldn't afford getting it out. And perhaps she thought that the baby slowly decayed and removed from her body and the belly remained. We are talking about poor and probably uneducated people.

Nemo_91
16-01-09, 18:35

She ignored it. xD

digitizedboy
16-01-09, 18:35
I've heard another case like this before with an elderly Moroccan lady. The baby had calcified in the womb throughout time. bizarre. o_o

bloodstormaoa
16-01-09, 18:36
Ewwwwww.

mau3genius
16-01-09, 18:37
Yuck :eek:!
She never felt like a bit um, odd maybe?
Carrying a corpse in her belly for 60 years without doing something about it?

laralover_07
I've heard another case like this before with an elderly Moroccan lady. The baby had calcified in the womb throughout time. bizarre. o_o

Yes, she had had the baby inside for 40 years. I remember a documentry on Channel 4 about it.

irjudd
This disturbs me. I feel disturbed now. I am going to go listen to Disturbed now.

dream raider
Ewwwwww.

LOL. Agreed!

raiderfun
16-01-09, 18:38
Oh wow, she has been carrying a dead baby for all that time ? :yik:

bloodstormaoa
This disturbs me. I feel disturbed now. I am going to go listen to Disturbed now.

:vlol:

RAID
I'm surprised she survived. A dead body inside would rot, and eventually poison the person.

rowanlim
16-01-09, 18:39

Eww.

*shudder*

trtrailerman
16-01-09, 18:39
omg ew thats crazy and just omg :yik:

Legends
16-01-09, 18:43
She ignored it. xD

She looked the other way.

MadCroy101
16-01-09, 18:49
:eek: that is scary!!!! OMG

Atlantisfreak666
16-01-09, 18:49
*Pauses*
Ewwww....

Who would want a dead fetus inside them!?

dox online
16-01-09, 18:53
Imagine if the the baby was still alive! I can imagine it now...
Person: how old are you?
Baby: I am about 5 since birth, 65 since being developed.
*Person slowly walks off muttering "Wierdo" under his breath*

Psychos'Я'Us
16-01-09, 18:59
OMFG...wow! I mean..WOW! How the hell could you carry a corpse inside your body for 60 years? O_O

-DaNnEe..
16-01-09, 19:01
DoubleU-Tee-Eff? :yik:

That's scary.

KC Mraz
16-01-09, 19:02
:O

D:

That's creepy.

Bumio
16-01-09, 19:06
zomg! :yik:

Hairhelmet12
16-01-09, 19:09
EW! thats just gross!

gidierre
16-01-09, 19:13
--I don't know how I'd feel if..

if I...
[burps]
-
if you...
inside....

ouchhhhh
http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3407714304/tt0078748

TRhalloween
16-01-09, 19:14
*Pauses*
Ewwww....

Who would want a dead fetus inside them!?

Actually a dead baby

tombraiderluka
16-01-09, 19:14
Disgusting! :yik:

Lenochka
16-01-09, 19:15
Ew!
How could anyone let it sit in there for that long!? xD

toxicraider
16-01-09, 19:36
Ewww

touchthesky
16-01-09, 20:14
Amazing.

alex27325
16-01-09, 20:17
i herd a story like this before on t.v they call them stone babies. gross!

NightWish
16-01-09, 20:19
:eek:

God Horus
16-01-09, 20:20
OMG! It's just disgusting to think of what happens to a baby when its dead in a bomb for 40 years! DX

luis54321
16-01-09, 20:21
Shocking stuff.

McGloomy
16-01-09, 20:22
It can't be unseen... Never.

ajrich17901
16-01-09, 20:23
well this is disturbing:yik:

Fallen.Angel
16-01-09, 20:33
Pretty sure this happened a while back ago. I remember hearing about it and it's just... amazing. So glad I know my baby's alive and kickin'.. .would hate for it to die in there

Larapink
16-01-09, 20:34
She ignored it. xD
I don't know how she could ignore such a thing. :confused:

Sir Croft
16-01-09, 20:35
:eek:
That's crazy.

Hermina94
16-01-09, 20:35
OMG!!!I think I'm gonna be sick!!!

laralauraxxx
16-01-09, 20:47
wow, is it just me or is that pretty cool?
but anyway, yeah i don't understand how anyone would put up with having a dead foetus/baby inside of them =)

IceColdLaraCroft
16-01-09, 20:51
She never had any other children?

McGloomy
16-01-09, 20:56
She never had any other children?
They would have a hard time getting through with that creepy thing in the way. :)

Rai
16-01-09, 20:57
As shocking as this seems to us with the NHS or Medical insurance etc, where we can't imagine carrying a dead baby inside us for so many years, I think this woman's situation was very sad.

She discovered the baby she was carrying had died, but instead of receiving much needed medical help, because she couldn't afford it, she was left without that medical attention, leaving her in a possibly harmful situation, she was left to make the agonising decision to stay pregnant and over time learned to live with it and ignore it. We have no idea how she managed or if by looking at her belly if she was constantly reminded of the baby she could have had. Maybe she thought the baby had decayed over time or miscarried later on? She was poor and uneducated, it could be she wouldn't have understood the full implications.

Instead of saying 'gross' or 'ewww', although I understand this may well be an impulse reaction, lets have a little compassion; for the woman and her dead baby.

SamReeves
16-01-09, 20:57
This smells of urban legend, but I'm trying to verify it through some other soruces.

Philio
16-01-09, 21:04
Eeeek! :eek: That's shocking.

toxicraider
16-01-09, 21:06
As shocking as this seems to us with the NHS or Medical insurance etc, where we can't imagine carrying a dead baby inside us for so many years, I think this woman's situation was very sad.

She discovered the baby she was carrying had died, but instead of receiving much needed medical help, because she couldn't afford it, she was left without that medical attention, leaving her in a possibly harmful medical situation, she was left to make the agonising decision to stay pregnant and over time learned to live with it and ignore it. We have no idea how she managed or if by looking at her belly if she was constantly reminded of the baby she could have had. Maybe she thought the baby had decayed over time or miscarried later on? She was poor and uneducated, it could be she wouldn't have understood the full implications.

Instead of saying 'gross' or 'ewww', although I understand this may well be an impulse reaction, lets have a little compassion. For the woman and her dead baby.

You're right, obviously she couldn't even have another child because she couldn't afford to have treatment, and it shows we take things like healthcare for granted. I'm surprise she stayed so healthy as it could have killed her.
I feel bad for saying eww now :o

the hooliganz
16-01-09, 21:06
Woah!! That's shocking

So she forgot she was pregnant?

Logie 12 =]
16-01-09, 21:10
omg disturbing <_>

Shauni
16-01-09, 21:13
Oh my gosh, that is so sad! I can't imagine planning for a baby, then it dies and it stays with you for the rest of your life! That is so awful and sad!
I wonder how it's even possible though??

Love2Raid
16-01-09, 21:13
Very strange.

You would think that if you had a dead foetus inside your uterus it would give some symptoms..........

The poor woman probably couldn't afford to see a doctor, since the 100 dollars to remove it in the first place was already too much. I guess she really had no choice now because of the severe pain.

Interesting case: Old woman with chronic abdominal pain, always think of a 60-year old foetus! :vlol:

Lee croft
16-01-09, 21:14
wow..... she must get really bad morning sickness

Candee Sparks
16-01-09, 21:25
Holy ****, that's ****ing unreal!

Aphrodite22
16-01-09, 21:41
eww wth??? :yik:

MrBear
16-01-09, 21:49
Maybe it's just me, but I think the use of 'pregnant' is a little misguiding here.. But I guess it's how you define pregnancy... Whatever the case, it sure is weird :o on the other hand, if you cannot afford the operation, what else can you do?

Phlip
16-01-09, 22:49
Unbelievable.

Shrantellatessa
16-01-09, 23:09

She discovered the baby she was carrying had died, but instead of receiving much needed medical help, because she couldn't afford it, she was left without that medical attention, leaving her in a possibly harmful situation, she was left to make the agonising decision to stay pregnant and over time learned to live with it and ignore it. We have no idea how she managed or if by looking at her belly if she was constantly reminded of the baby she could have had. Maybe she thought the baby had decayed over time or miscarried later on? She was poor and uneducated, it could be she wouldn't have understood the full implications.

Instead of saying 'gross' or 'ewww', although I understand this may well be an impulse reaction, lets have a little compassion; for the woman and her dead baby.

This is what I call good sense :tmb:

When poverty meets ignorance/illitracy/lack of education we get outcomes like this.

erosan
17-01-09, 00:38

i agree i think some people should think better before they post. I think this case is very sad... =/

Joely-Moley
17-01-09, 00:48
This is really sad. I canít imagine how horrible it must have been for this poor woman, not only to have her baby die, but then not having the money to get the baby removed. Itís tragic, she must have had this constant reminder of the baby she lost.

Iím quite surprised that it didnít appear to do any serious damage to her health for such a long length of time.

Orionvalentine
17-01-09, 01:09
This is quite intriguing to me.

Not to be really morbid and offensive, because I would never mean to purposefully be offensive, but what would the child look like? Would it still look like a baby, or would it just be something unrecognizable?

matrix54
17-01-09, 01:15
how do you just,... not know...

IceColdLaraCroft
17-01-09, 01:33
how do you just,... not know...

No one knew. Everyone said/says that fetus' are usually reabsorbed if they aren't removed. I'd like to know if she had other children after that.

TRenTIs
17-01-09, 07:17
*cringes*

Sharon_14
17-01-09, 07:51
:yik:

Thank god I cant get pregnant... err wait... yes, I believe I cant.

Alex Fly
17-01-09, 09:33
Wow, just wow ! :eek:

*laralover*
17-01-09, 10:05
Wow...this is shocking:eek: that poor woman :(

nicola1986
17-01-09, 11:09
This is so sad :(

If I was a doctor I probably wouldn't be a very good (or rich :rolleyes:) doctor since I could not let a woman walk away like that, who was maybe going to die from poisoning later on. It's just awful.

How they could let her live with her own dead baby in her stomach like that is beyond me :(

Plus the fact that she's been pregnant for 60 years, women complain of aches and pains from the 9 months so I can't imagine how she must have felt after this long!

noonbob
17-01-09, 11:14
OMG :yik:
she didn't even know until now that looks scary, i feel sorry for her :(

AODdigger
17-01-09, 11:27
Embracing death. It must have been a pain for her..- every day thinking about what she had been carrying inside of her. Feeling the decaying flesh in her own living body..- the flesh of someone, who could've now been... um 60? This is incredible - what poverty can do - it's bizarre.

EDIT: "That's Crazy!! :eek:" ...- no, it's sad.

gidierre
17-01-09, 12:30
but what would the child look like? Would it still look like a baby, or would it just be something unrecognizable?

well if it's no mere urban legend prattle, as SamReeves rightly doubted, I can figure that happening in real life as
a spontaneous fetal death or abortion not followed by expulsion,
where normally if you don't remove it and "clean up" you die by infectious disease
like it can happen and you bet it does every single day in the world especially if you live (or die) in a country where there's no medical assistance or that is a mathematical function of what money you have or have put aside for it in advance (no, I'm not talking about the U.S.A. :p)
but
if it definitely is your lucky day and you have a gorgeous immunological capacity (no immunodeficiency recommended, please)
then you can become a living instance of what let humanity survive somehow, millions of years even before the invention of hygienics, abdominal surgery, antibiotics etc. etc. (vis sanatrix naturae)
that is
the strange fact that one in a thousand or a million or so can get away with that, or with tetanus, or all your bones fractured, or what have you
in this case
the fetus hypothetically will undergo a process of quasi mummification in vivo, the mother survives, of course that pregnancy of hers is gonna be the last, I fear, still she puts up with it as if it were a huge "scar" of sorts

excuse any uncouthness: if perceived it wasn't intended.

Last Hope
17-01-09, 17:10
There was one episode of Nip/ Tuck that almost the same thing happened. Scary.

MattTR
17-01-09, 18:29
Wow, that's crazy! I can't believe it's stayed in there for so long, that's insane. Wouldn't she have known though? Wow..

silver_wolf
17-01-09, 18:30
yuuuuuuuck....:(

tha_mattster
17-01-09, 18:37
It's sad that she was not given proper health care because it should have been found earlier.

I wonder how much they will charge her now ;)

jackles
17-01-09, 18:53
I find it sadder that she would be charged for something that was obviously beyond her means. There should have been medical help available for her in the first place. Plus she may have been in shock and denial about it all at the time.

After all you do sometimes hear about twins who have been absorbed into the others bodies in the womb.

dox online
17-01-09, 19:49
Wait... Wouldn't you be a bit suspicious if you had a bulgy stomach for 60 years?

bivvy
17-01-09, 19:54
Wait... Wouldn't you be a bit suspicious if you had a bulgy stomach for 60 years?

Well obviously :rolleyes:. However she didn't have enough money for the doctors to treat her condition.

TRhalloween
17-01-09, 19:58

She knew she was pregnant. She just had a miscarriage and couldn't afford to remove it.

irjudd
17-01-09, 19:58
"zzzzomg how could she not know??!!11oneone"

:rolleyes:

I hate the way most people don't read the whole post before replying. Nowhere does it say that she didn't notice. She knew, just couldn't afford to do anything about the situation.

xxitsxnadyaxx
17-01-09, 21:10
eww wow
thats sick
i wouldn't want something dead inside of me..
very surprising that she's still alive
i wonder what the inside of her stomach looks like O_O

demonslayer
17-01-09, 22:06
I remember seeing this on tv quite a while ago.

Quite shocking really...

Solice
18-01-09, 02:25
http://www.scoopthis.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/60_pregnant.jpg

source : http://www.scoopthis.org/tag/huang-yijun/

OMG!!!!!!!!:yik::yik::yik:

So do they both get Social Security now?

TR love
18-01-09, 02:30
Wow thats freaky. and very strange...

Gladous
18-01-09, 02:41
Eh, I just had a baby barf.

:p

Lara Croft!
18-01-09, 10:42
"zzzzomg how could she not know??!!11oneone"

:rolleyes:

I hate the way most people don't read the whole post before replying. Nowhere does it say that she didn't notice. She knew, just couldn't afford to do anything about the situation.

You got a point there, and it's not like it's a long text.

So do they both get Social Security now?

:D:D:D Well, I don't know about that!

Betal
18-01-09, 10:58
Eww that's disgusting. It should be free to remove a dead baby from the stomach. It's just sick.

I've read about a guy who had a parasite twin in his stomach. That's even worse. :0

Tomb Raider Master
18-01-09, 16:04
Oh my Goodness...

Ikas90
18-01-09, 16:08
Goodness gracious me. Reminds me of the similar "foot found in fetus' brain" story.