PDA

View Full Version : Name That Song/Artist!!

spikejones
17-01-09, 01:15
Name That Song/Artist!

Rules of Engagement:

Firstly you must answer the question properly. A proper answer will include two parts: Song title and Artist/Band Name
Poster with the correct answer will provide one of the following:

Lyrics - one or two lines is/are fine. single words are unacceptable, too much and the challenge is somewhat lessened.
Sound Clip - if you prefer to post a sound clip, provide a link to it at a place such as www.rapidshare.com. Reminder to use only clips that are provided freely on the artist's or recording label's main website. No youtube clips. No fan websites. We don't need trouble from copyright infringement.

Stick around to confirm correct answers. this means that if you are going to guess at an answer - make sure you can stick around long enough to pass the baton to the next correct guesser. You may of course designate someone else to take your turn if you must leave the forums before your question gets answered.
Some songs have been done multiple times - if you have a specific rendition in mind, be sure to provide the album release year of the version you are looking for. Otherwise, you need to accept answers of other artists who have done the song. You can of course ask for more than one artist who has done the same song.
This isn't misheard lyrics. Be sure you actually know the lyrics if you are going to be writing them out. No one wants to rack their brains thinking who sung "My rooty toot toot" when the real lyrics are "My little deuce coup".
No cheating please.
Most importantly - HAVE FUN!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let the games begin

Lyrics:

"The taste of love is sweet, when hearts like ours meet."

Most of you may know who the original artist is, but there is a re-make I'm thinking of as well. I want to see who knows who did BOTH versions I'm thinking of.

Original Release Date: ????
Remake Release Date: March 27, 1990

Name that song and Artist!

Joely-Moley
17-01-09, 01:19
uhh -Johhny Cash-ring of fire
other version i'm thinking of is
Social Distortion -ring of fire.

spikejones
17-01-09, 01:20
yuppers :tmb:

give it whack!!:)

Joely-Moley
17-01-09, 01:22
yay!! I love both versions.
ok...

Line: Hey, don't let it go to waste, I love it but, i hate that taste

Carbonek_0051
17-01-09, 01:25
Foo Fighters - All My Life?

:pi:

Joely-Moley
17-01-09, 01:27
Correct!
:D

tombraiderluka
17-01-09, 01:29
People can just copy and paste that part of the song on google and get the result, it kills all the fun :( haha

Carbonek_0051
17-01-09, 01:29
Yay my turn:D

"I think I'm drowning, Asphyxiated..."

spikejones
17-01-09, 01:32
People can just copy and paste that part of the song on google and get the result, it kills all the fun :( haha

refer to rule 6 ;) while it does present the opportunity to cheat, I did forsee this happening. I imagine there may be some songs out there which you wont be able to do that with. some really underground stuff for example - but still guessable if someone else has heard the song.

Carbonek_0051
17-01-09, 01:47

No one? Come on it's not that hard:ton:

Geez:p

spikejones
17-01-09, 02:05
i dunno.. dont want to cheat. im tempted to say "drowning pool" but im just going of the word "drowning" in the lyrics. i'm lost on this one meself.

Carbonek_0051
17-01-09, 02:07
i dunno.. dont want to cheat. im tempted to say "drowning pool" but im just going of the word "drowning" in the lyrics. i'm lost on this one meself.

:p

Should I just give a new clue or wait until someone guesses it or pass the turn?:ton:

spikejones
17-01-09, 02:13
i say you should revel in your glory of stumping everyone!! its up to you if you want to hand over the turn or if you want to do a new song, or simply hint at who the artist is .... you're in control right now.

I'm probably gonna be in and out for a couple hours before i hit the sack though.

Carbonek_0051
17-01-09, 02:17
i say you should revel in your glory of stumping everyone!! its up to you if you want to hand over the turn or if you want to do a new song, or simply hint at who the artist is .... you're in control right now.

I'm probably gonna be in and out for a couple hours before i hit the sack though.

It's Time is Running Out by Muse:ton:

6uTeuSiP6_M

Guess I should maybe choose better clues.:p

spikejones
17-01-09, 02:27
ahh... no wonder I didnt know who it was. I've not heard of it before. Not really my genre either. I guess the next poster can restart the game. Im off for a bit.

laralives
17-01-09, 03:00
Hope people don't mind be posting a new line.

Line: "...You might say that it's over, you might say that you don't care..."

:wve:

bloodstormaoa
17-01-09, 03:21

Grrrrr, I knew that! If only I'd come earlier.

Hermina94
17-01-09, 19:41
Hope people don't mind be posting a new line.

Line: "...You might say that it's over, you might say that you don't care..."

:wve:

your avatar is the answer.It's Mariah Carey:Love takes time
heres my line:"Thought that I was going crazy
Just having one of those days,yeah"

sandygrimm
17-01-09, 20:16
your avatar is the answer.It's Mariah Carey:Love takes time
heres my line:"Thought that I was going crazy
Just having one of those days,yeah"

Kylie Minogue - Love At First Sight ?

kristi
17-01-09, 20:43
Kylie Minogue - Love At First Sight ?

I was just going to say that.

TRhalloween
17-01-09, 20:46
What's going to stop someone from googling to get the answer?

spikejones
17-01-09, 21:15
^ something called integrity.