PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Raider 9 Inventory System

larafan25
17-01-09, 03:16

_Awestruck_
17-01-09, 03:21
I miss the attachments from TRC and LR.
I kinda would like it to be like the Inventory from those two games.

larafan25
17-01-09, 03:23
I was actually surprised that CD did not do the comnination thing in underworld,esspecially wiht the weapons because you could have one gun out while holding a pole to hit with at the same time.

:)

tha_mattster
17-01-09, 05:12
I want it to be based on the classic inventory. Crystal Dynamic's inventory is so generic it could be from any game, it has no TR character. 'Croft VX' ? I hate how you have to change weapons through a PDA. That's the worst inventory idea ever. She should access her backpack, not a cheap PDA with some ugly cartoon renders of her weapons and equipment.

RAID
17-01-09, 07:20
Ring Inventory.

_ush2_
17-01-09, 07:38
The one from Anniversary!:(

I thought the menu was going to be like that, but they gave us the modern one:(.

ajrich17901
17-01-09, 07:45
Ring Inventory.

amen to that:D

!Lara Croft!
17-01-09, 10:36
/\/\ I second that!

Laras man
17-01-09, 10:39
/\/\ I second that!
I thrid That!

Anarae
17-01-09, 11:55
Ring inventory was easier to navigate. Turn to the weapon you want instead of selecting multiple paths. Also, all you had to do was press down for the Load/Save instead of pressing separate button.

x2crazyidiot
17-01-09, 12:13
I thrid That!

fourth-ed!

and I would also like attachments back, such as laser sight and silencers :D

plus the combining different one handed guns

Phlip
17-01-09, 12:27
I was always very fond of the TR4/5 inventory. ^_^

aileenwuornos
17-01-09, 13:08
fourth-ed!

Fifthed!

I always enjoyed the ring, with a few combining items.

Moon-Safari
17-01-09, 13:24
I want it to be based on the classic inventory. Crystal Dynamic's inventory is so generic it could be from any game, it has no TR character. 'Croft VX' ? I hate how you have to change weapons through a PDA. That's the worst inventory idea ever. She should access her backpack, not a cheap PDA with some ugly cartoon renders of her weapons and equipment.

This.

TRJTA
17-01-09, 13:36
I think they should make a completely new menu, make it like it really is Lara's Backpack. A background of the fabric of her backpack and there is the stuff she's got in it. No rotating, you can just see everything is there and you can select it.

tha_mattster
17-01-09, 13:46
^ I like that idea too. It could be interesting if we could customize her.

E.g. selecting different boots could make her climb better, or run faster, and we could add stuff like a compass/flashlight/flares.

Zebra
17-01-09, 13:53
I want to be able to view all the objects Lara has in her backpack, I want to be able to combine certain objects to solve puzzles or upgrade weapons, or to choose a certain type of ammo for a certain weapon (like tranqulizer ammo, normal ammo, exploding ammo, etc.). And I don't want the inventory to be the PDA. It just doesn't make any sense!

I think they should make a completely new menu, make it like it really is Lara's Backpack. A background of the fabric of her backpack and there is the stuff she's got in it. No rotating, you can just see everything is there and you can select it.

Yes! This is a good idea!

fourth-ed!

Oh yes! Combine two shotguns to get double shotguns :D. Haha. Or two assault rifles.

.:Tirivol:.
17-01-09, 13:55

Like Resident Evil ?

Dennis's Mom
17-01-09, 14:11
That was my first thought too. Just like RE or Silent Hill.

I preferred the ring inventory because it was easier to select items by picture. The new menu you really have to pay attention.

larafan25
17-01-09, 18:33
I really want to be able to cimbine maybe a grenade whuile you have a gun out or somethig like that.

Nerd For Life
17-01-09, 18:38

I like this idea. :)

trin_303
17-01-09, 23:20
Fifthed!

I always enjoyed the ring, with a few combining items.

sixth-ed

aileenwuornos
22-01-09, 16:46

That'd be kinda cool too.
You'd want it to have a decent amount of space for things though.

God Horus
22-01-09, 16:47
Maybe a Resident Evil 4 style inventory? Except it doesn't get full...

Atlantisfreak666
22-01-09, 16:47
sixth-ed

Seventh-ed!

Cochrane
22-01-09, 17:25
I'm also all for the ring. I do have to point out that I like the Sims-style pie menu they used in TRU for the main and pause menus, and I really wouldn't mind seeing that one used for the inventory ring. But hey, anything's better than that dreadful PDA.

Kiss-Bite
22-01-09, 17:57
I would love a classic-esque inventory, where the rucksack opens & the ring menu appears, it would be even better with the same sound effects as the originals. I would be really thrilled!:jmp:

Moon-Safari
22-01-09, 18:00
Ring inventory, but better animated than TrA. More like TR3. Fluid.

P.S. - Bring back the passport.

Pan
22-01-09, 22:24
Seventh-ed!

Eighthed

shiajun
22-01-09, 22:40
I'm also all for the ring. I do have to point out that I like the Sims-style pie menu they used in TRU for the main and pause menus, and I really wouldn't mind seeing that one used for the inventory ring. But hey, anything's better than that dreadful PDA.

I like the current menus. Inventory via PDA is a little bit iffy at times. You have to dig to get to the actual inventory. RE style could work, but the display has to be entirely different because the limited grid and block objects aren't so nice. I'd have it the other way around: you can access this inventory, where one of the objects is the PDA and from there you can use its properties (radar, assistance if it really must be in the game, journal, stats, etc.).

Combining laser sights and ammo is also interesting and it worked very well in TLR. Just not to many options or it stops being fun. It could also help make puzzles more interactive or harder.

The varying oufit seems like it could work but somehow I think it would become a little rigid in its implementation and change the flow. Want to climb to that very vertical wall? Stop, pull out inventory, move to clmbing boots, equip, exit. However, I think it could prove to enhance multiple paths and/or secrets, as most would not be available through standard level-start parameters.

aileenwuornos
23-01-09, 02:08

Yessss!
Oh gods the passport was one of the coolest, subtle things about the classics.

MattTR
23-01-09, 02:11
Bring back the freaking ring. ughh.. It was pretty good in Anniversary, In Underworld just where did it go? It was perfect.

And yes I agree about the passport, it's got to come back. :D

tha_mattster
23-01-09, 02:49
Yes! The passport! The whole classic inventory is so stylish and iconic. It makes you think about travel and adventure. The new inventory makes me think of a standard computer menu - how dull.

Sir Croft
23-01-09, 02:54
Eighthed

Ninth-ed
I so miss the ring menu, too bad they didn't keep it in Underworld nor the whole get-the-key-open-the-door thing. CD didn't get the good things about Tomb Raider yet.

aileenwuornos
23-01-09, 09:53
Ninth-ed
I so miss the ring menu, too bad they didn't keep it in Underworld nor the whole get-the-key-open-the-door thing. CD didn't get the good things about Tomb Raider yet.

Yeah. Getting keys for doors and figuring out which one to use was one of the best things about Tomb Raider. Like in the city of Vilcabama (sp?) where you get the gold idol and the key or Tomb Raider: Last Revelation where you had to find multiple items across levels.

loser66
23-01-09, 23:44
For some reason, whenever there's a situation where Lara has to find an idol or something to put in a socket, I think that she might as well stick a blob of clay in... If they bring back the feature that was so common in TR:LR, there better be a helluva good animation.

Anyways...I don't think that the ring menu should appear again. It kinda takes away some of the challenge because whenever you are at a very tough situation, you can always pause the game with the inventory.

I think that there should be an in-game menu on the side of the screen that can only be accessible once you press a button. If you scroll down and select something, it will give you information about that object and also the options to use or combine it.

larafan25
09-01-10, 21:14
I hope it's ok to bump my own thread with an idea:)

I had an idea about combining items:)

what if you had to find explosives to combine to arrows in order to make explosive arrows for the bow?:)

this would be cool and involve exploration:)

silver_wolf
09-01-10, 21:16
I think the inventory in TRO is going to be more subtle. Less intrusive than a new screen that comes up and pauses the game. Maybe Lara will open her backpack and we'll get an interior view of all the items we have.

larafan25
09-01-10, 21:20
^thats what I am thinking, I do think nthere is going to be more of a focus on items in the next game, using everything you can find.... so I think what you can do with them will be more important then where thye are stored....I hope:)

just*raidin*tomb
09-01-10, 21:27
I don't know why, but I love the backpack ring system. It's the only thing that's really made sense and was fun to look at other than a digital PDA screen. Lara shouldn't have a PDA or a cell. Otherwise she'd be off that island in a few minutes.

Ship wrecks
"Where's my cell phone?"
There it is!
Call friend
"I'm stranded! GET ME OFF THIS ISLAND! BYE"
Friend comes.
THE END

silver_wolf
09-01-10, 21:38
lol
yeah, the PDA was pretty pointless. The passport can work the exact same way, and it's way more classy.

lara c. fan
09-01-10, 22:03

Wii version wasn't like that :whi:

larafan25
09-01-10, 22:30
^what was the wii version like?:)

silver_wolf
09-01-10, 22:38
Crap, that's what.

larafan25
09-01-10, 22:40
^just the inventory was crap?:p

lara c. fan
09-01-10, 22:40
^what was the wii version like?:)
Just had to press plus :)
Crap, that's what.

:smk:
I hope you're one of the ones who has played it before saying it's crap.

TombRaiderFan.
09-01-10, 22:48
I don't know why, but I love the backpack ring system. It's the only thing that's really made sense and was fun to look at other than a digital PDA screen. Lara shouldn't have a PDA or a cell. Otherwise she'd be off that island in a few minutes.

Ship wrecks
"Where's my cell phone?"
There it is!
Call friend
Friend comes.
THE END

Lara's got AT&T. So no. :wve:

:p

Evan C.
09-01-10, 22:52
A practical new one.

gremlinta
11-01-10, 17:26

This is a cool idea... I was fine with the PDA too. I'm not picky about how I get to the inventory, as long as I can get to it...

tranniversary119
11-01-10, 17:38
Something new would be nice :)

Dominic_raider
11-01-10, 18:18
I was actually surprised that CD did not do the comnination thing in underworld,esspecially wiht the weapons because you could have one gun out while holding a pole to hit with at the same time.

That is possible in TRU. You just need to find a pole on the ground grab it and shoot. But you can't shoot and attack with the pole at the same time :(

Ring inventory, but better animated than TrA. More like TR3. Fluid.

The passport would be cool, but it would be the same as the PDA, almost. Lara is trapped in an Island, why would she keep her passport? She will remember to pick it up before she runs away from the vessel?

How about an in-game inventory. Okay, it's the wrong word, what I mean is instead of appearing a pause menu the inventory be some sort of menu that pops up while you are playing. But you don't have to stop to use it. You can still be playing the game, while slecting objects in the inventory.

Chocola teapot
12-01-10, 13:49
Ring Inventory, And the passport was a clever idea.

CiaKonwerski
12-01-10, 14:16
I would like and inventory that is limited. I do not want to see the unlimited backpack anymore. It annoyed me so much. Whatever the new inventory is going to be, I would like for there to be realistic animations. I would want it to show Lara opening up her backpack, or whatever, and actually grabbing the item out instead of it randomly appearing in her hand. ;)

LaraLover32
12-01-10, 15:00

Ship wrecks
"Where's my cell phone?"
There it is!
Call friend
Friend comes.
THE END

But cd has created a "strong and independent Lara who never needs help! Just like the classics!". Oh please. I miss our old Lara, with the original inventory

larafan25
12-01-10, 17:25
That is possible in TRU. You just need to find a pole on the ground grab it and shoot. But you can't shoot and attack with the pole at the same time :(

The passport would be cool, but it would be the same as the PDA, almost. Lara is trapped in an Island, why would she keep her passport? She will remember to pick it up before she runs away from the vessel?

How about an in-game inventory. Okay, it's the wrong word, what I mean is instead of appearing a pause menu the inventory be some sort of menu that pops up while you are playing. But you don't have to stop to use it. You can still be playing the game, while slecting objects in the inventory.

yes, I am glad they did this in underworld because it allows for thought to be placed on it when developing the next game, I want lara to not only be able to hold a machete/ axe/ pole in one hand and a gun in the other, but to be able to combine items together, like an arrow head combined with a pole to make a javalin....:)

robm_2007
12-01-10, 17:31
I would like and inventory that is limited. I do not want to see the unlimited backpack anymore. It annoyed me so much. Whatever the new inventory is going to be, I would like for there to be realistic animations. I would want it to show Lara opening up her backpack, or whatever, and actually grabbing the item out instead of it randomly appearing in her hand. ;)

i would like that too. i like the inventory system from RE4, because you had to actually organize your equipment.

larafan25
12-01-10, 17:38
^I want this:)

Six
12-01-10, 18:05
i like the inventory system from RE4, because you had to actually organize your equipment.

The only downside to this for me is the fact that, if you die unexpectedly shortly after spending a fair while reorganizing your items, you have to go through all the trouble to do it again, which was a right pain. BUT, if they design it in such a way that the item placements auto save in location despite the games progression (like how the relics or artifacts would save permanently after pickup in the later TR games, even if you die a few moments later, and missing a checkpoint in doing so, they're still counted) then that'll work well in my opinion.

Mikky
13-01-10, 14:29
I'm sure whatever CD come up with will be good.:)

robm_2007
13-01-10, 16:03
The only downside to this for me is the fact that, if you die unexpectedly shortly after spending a fair while reorganizing your items, you have to go through all the trouble to do it again, which was a right pain. BUT, if they design it in such a way that the item placements auto save in location despite the games progression (like how the relics or artifacts would save permanently after pickup in the later TR games, even if you die a few moments later, and missing a checkpoint in doing so, they're still counted) then that'll work well in my opinion.

perhaps when you reorganize your items the game will pause?

Six
13-01-10, 16:33
perhaps when you reorganize your items the game will pause?

That happened in RE4 anyway? Or didn't it? I can't really remember.

But, what i was getting at is if you organized your inventory and afterwards travelled through the game a bit without saving, and suddenly you die, your inventory will reset to how it was before you organized it. But if the game would save your item placements, then of course when you die your items in your backpack would stay in the place your organized them, making it less tedious. It was one of RE4's flaws, and personally i suck at it anyway.

Candee Sparks
13-01-10, 18:22
Ring inventory has to be the best. Of course you could click a few buttons while having the cursor on the weapon/item to customize and stuff but I'd rather it be as non-important as it was in Anniversary. Just a nice little "aww" when your messing around with controls for the first time and see they stuck to the classic feel of the original inventory.

TombRaiderFan.
13-01-10, 22:36
An updated Ring Inventory would be nice, and it would add the nostalgia factor to it as well. :)

Jami393
13-01-10, 22:44
To be honest I can't even see the picture.

larafan25
13-01-10, 23:14
^Nothing special but I fixed it:)

I would prefer this.......

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu356/larafan25/menu2-1.jpg

robm_2007
13-01-10, 23:58
That happened in RE4 anyway? Or didn't it? I can't really remember.

when you opened your inventory, the game paused, and you could arrange or use items while still safe.

Jami393
14-01-10, 08:05

It's ok i'll tell you that.

EscondeR
14-01-10, 08:42

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/icons/icon13.gif

Ring menu FTW! It has proved that items can be combined using that variant.

Carbonek_0051
14-01-10, 09:05
And the ring menu affects the gameplay how?

jajay119
14-01-10, 18:03
I never really class much importance on the menu system but TRU's was a little over complex than it needed to be and the Ring menu added a nice bit of nostalgia in TRA. I'm not really bothered what type on menu they have in TR9 as long as it works well but if I could choose I would pick the ring.

larafan25
14-01-10, 18:33
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/icons/icon13.gif

Ring menu FTW! It has proved that items can be combined using that variant.

I think you can combine items with any type of menu, this is just the one I prefere.

Lara_Fan_33
14-01-10, 22:06
The ring menu for sure
Like people have been saying it would add that little bit of nastalgia :)

CroftScionGuard
15-01-10, 10:28
Ring menu along with the fact we can combine objects, both weapons and artifacts that will work as keys to open doors

stephieCroft
15-01-10, 11:02
Ring menu along with the fact we can combine objects, both weapons and artifacts that will work as keys to open doors

Same, but maybe under the item there can be some information about that item(almost like Hitman)

CroftScionGuard
15-01-10, 11:04
Same, but maybe under the item there can be some information about that item(almost like Hitman)
enlighten me. How's that?

stephieCroft
15-01-10, 11:11
enlighten me. How's that?

I think it was in Blood Money, were they tell you some about the item(poison).
For example:Lets say Lara picks up an artifact,under it there is a summary about(origins,what's it made of,mythology,use).Could be interesting for those you would like more that just the artifacts names

CroftScionGuard
15-01-10, 11:16
I think it was in Blood Money, were they tell you some about the item(poison).
For example:Lets say Lara picks up an artifact,under it there is a summary about(origins,what's it made of,mythology,use).Could be interesting for those you would like more that just the artifacts names
ohh, that's ok, but I'll see that as an extra.

I only stated what I find really important imo for the inventory system, like being a ring like menu and the fact we have to figure ourselves about what items combine, but that's a nice extra

Shark_Blade
15-01-10, 12:16
Ring ala TRA.

The one in TRL and TRU are stupid.

jeffrey van oort
15-01-10, 13:07
Ring ala TRA.

The one in TRL and TRU are stupid.

Quoted for truth. I wouldn't want to see any different type of inventory than the one seen in TRA.. If not the same as in TRA, they would all be disappointments.

EscondeR
15-01-10, 13:13

This is valid for the artifacts/stuff which are known... But Lara can come across something unusual/mysterious (worth saying Info: N/A then :p).
Well, if this means no babbling baboons on the headset, then I can live with those summaries ;)

sikasika18
15-01-10, 13:31
it would be really nice to see the ringmenu back.
always loved that.
and it would be nice to be able to combine some things too, like in tr chronicles.

tonyme
15-01-10, 13:33
I'd love to have the inventory from TR4 and TR5 more than the ringmenu thing

Dominic_raider
15-01-10, 13:55

This is awesome. If it was a little down and if it is possible to keep playing while going across the items in the inventroy would be better (I like the idea of different treasures)

stephieCroft
15-01-10, 16:33
This is valid for the artifacts/stuff which are known... But Lara can come across something unusual/mysterious (worth saying Info: N/A then :p).
Well, if this means no babbling baboons on the headset, then I can live with those summaries ;)

Doesn't have to say N/A, by just looking at something you can say "it looks like a Japanese origins,might be some kinda of key by the teeth at the black" for an example.(Could replace those stupid hint like Underworld had,thus we could figure out the rest for ourselves)

Ring inventory,could move the object around and see the whole 3D item(including guns),Could see the teeth for say and all the other lovely detail.

I agree, I would rather have this summary than talkative Lara,let her use her brain(AI) for a change

WhiteTiger
16-01-10, 17:55
Ring Inventory.

That!

Phlip
16-11-10, 20:24
I had the idea of a SUPER Ring inventory. :D

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc80/Phlip_03/superring.jpg?t=1289938504

One "sub"ring could be for Weapons & Ammo, and the other could be for Health & Items. :)

Below each item could be a list of options like Combine, Choose Ammo Type, etc... similair to TR4-5. There could be an option to use two different hand guns at the same time or to only use one type of gun instead of two (assuming you've got loads of the same type of gun).

larafan25
16-11-10, 20:24
^It's neat, I like it.:)

scion89
16-11-10, 20:43

Me like too.

I liked the ring inventory from TRA - it was classic with a modern look and that's how the inventory for TR9 should look.

Phlip
16-11-10, 23:16

Neat as in clean, and neat as in cool. :D

lord gaga
16-11-10, 23:20
I love the one from anniversary! But they should have one like tr4 and tr5 but the exit game should be in the menu and you shouldn't have to press p to get to it.

Phlip
16-11-10, 23:21
I love the one from anniversary! But they should have one like tr4 and tr5 but the exit game should be in the menu and you shouldn't have to press p to get to it.

I liked that one, but it felt like it could go on forever sometimes.

raiderfun
17-11-10, 00:00
Bring back the ring please :) Anniversary was on the good way...

jeffrey van oort
17-11-10, 00:10
Me like too.

I liked the ring inventory from TRA - it was classic with a modern look and that's how the inventory for TR9 should look.

Hopefully it will.

DillonDeBoda
17-11-10, 00:12
I like your idea but it reminds me of the old menu I want to see something new you know?

King.Louie
17-11-10, 00:14
I liked the ring inventory but its old i would like something new and modern :wve:

jeffrey van oort
17-11-10, 00:21
I liked the ring inventory but its old i would like something new and modern :wve:

Why would you change something that's already good? Why put the effort in change while the focus should be placed on game play elements such as puzzles and actual adventure. The ring is old, but it is part of the classic experience of Tomb Raider. The player is more aware of it's choice in the inventory when all items are visible. The ring was brilliant because the design is helping the player to visualise the rest of Lara's items while browsing. No other game has done this, and no other game should. It's part of Tomb Raider.

King.Louie
17-11-10, 00:25
Why would you change something that's already good? Why put the effort in change while the focus should be placed on game play elements such as puzzles and actual adventure. The ring is old, but it is part of the classic experience of Tomb Raider. The player is more aware of it's choice in the inventory when all items are visible. The ring was brilliant because the design is helping the player to visualise the rest of Lara's items while browsing. No other game has done this, and no other game should. It's part of Tomb Raider.

I understand but it gets boring after 6 games....Im pretty sure you would get bored with it to if they continue it in the future. and Yes it is classic so thats why it should stay with the classic tomb raiders :)

robm_2007
17-11-10, 01:02
I'd like to actually have to heal herself, as seen in Left 4 Dead. adn even get things out of her backpack if she wants to use them.

or we can have Quick-Inventory items that are stored in a pouch on her belt or something.

but i like the Ring inventory, only cuz lists are stupid.

we also should have the option to have a limited backpack.

ajrich17901
17-11-10, 02:01
Here's something I whipped up,

The directional pad + L3,R3 buttons would be hot keys, linked to the inventory.
Start would bring up the Inventory,
Select would bring up the save game, quit game option.
The second bar underneath the health bar would be her body temperature. (nod towards TR3)
Inventory can only hold 5 medis of each size, Lara can gain more space by finding a side pack or something. I think this would add to the tension of keeping her alive and using health wisely.

http://i631.photobucket.com/albums/uu33/ajrich17901/InventoryTR92.jpg

As you can see I want something different for TR9, big different just not as sloppy looking as mine haha

Phlip
17-11-10, 02:06
I understand but it gets boring after 6 games....Im pretty sure you would get bored with it to if they continue it in the future.
It was only used for 3 games (you didn't really need to use it at all in TRA) and I never found it boring.
I'd like to actually have to heal herself, as seen in Left 4 Dead.

No way that would take away the need to survive, search for medipacks and keep Lara safe. :o

Moon-Safari
17-11-10, 02:19
http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu356/larafan25/inventory.jpg

So what do you guys want to see for the inventory in tomb raider 9???I don't really like using the PDA I would rather the old inventory that is meant to be inside the bag.

I would also like to be bale to combine and seperate items,like the dual pistoles and other weapons,maybe have one Uzi with One 50 Cal.

I love that old horror movie black and white with the accented colors.

Miharu
17-11-10, 02:24
Ring Inventory.

robm_2007
17-11-10, 04:30
No way that would take away the need to survive, search for medipacks and keep Lara safe. :o

maybe i worded it wrong.

in L4D, when you were healing yourself (with a First Aid Kit/Medipack) the character would stop, and actually wrap their wounds with the bandages.

they were vulnerable when they were healing themselves, thus adding to the tension and stategy of healing yourself when you found the right moment.

ajrich17901
17-11-10, 04:34
maybe i worded it wrong.

in L4D, when you were healing yourself (with a First Aid Kit/Medipack) the character would stop, and actually wrap their wounds with the bandages.

they were vulnerable when they were healing themselves, thus adding to the tension and stategy of healing yourself when you found the right moment.

I'd actually love something like this. It really does add to the tension of getting the healing over with before your attacked.

Other than that give us more healing items other than Medipacks, she'll be on an island use this to your advantage cd.

princebenidere
17-11-10, 04:40
Hello

i created my TR9 Inventory system,, its simple

the whole inventory look like this
http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/320/a/0/inventory_by_stealthhanks-d330g8j.png

the edited version,, i forgot to include the machete lol,,so here it is
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/321/2/1/dev_by_stealthhanks-d331slz.png

the navigation system is like a light,,

its like laras pointing a torchlight to emphasis the items and weapons,,

and when the item is selected it will glow a little

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/320/3/e/navi_1_by_stealthhanks-d330gbv.png

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/320/e/7/navi_2_by_stealthhanks-d330gd5.png

like these two,,it give a unique feeling of it,,

the weapons can be equiped and then can be combined to create a new weapons,,

note the color bars?!!

RED is for damage
BLUE is for ammo
GREEN is for its life span,,it will be destroyed eventually when used frequently
YELLOW is for upgrades

and its not complete,,
i will edit it soon and add some stuff

I hope you like it

CiaKonwerski
17-11-10, 04:56
WOW! I love it. :D

princebenidere
17-11-10, 04:57
WOW! I love it. :D

Thanks,,its not complete though,, i have so many things in my mind,,lol

danny.rex
17-11-10, 05:53
no ring please, i want something new and different from the rest of the TR games :)

While i like the inside backpack idea, not all of her equipment is on her backpack... specially if u take into consideration the leaked concept art (where she doesn't even have a backpack :p)
http://i52.************/29llaqd.jpg

I want a somehow complicated menu where u are able to create and combine stuff, if the game is so much about survival and open world as the leak suggests, sounds like we will have to make many of our own stuff, like healing items, traps, explosives, maybe even weapons, like the bow.

We could pick regular stuff from the enviorement like herbs (for healing items), use the machete to cut wood from trees and make a torch for example

Maybe we could have a Lara model in the menu, where u can navigate through her equiment where she keeps it, with the options to asign directions on the d-pad to some stuff for quick equiping without entering the menu.

princebenidere
17-11-10, 06:00
no ring please, i want something new and different from the rest of the TR games :)

While i like the inside backpack idea, not all of her equipment is on her backpack... specially if u take into consideration the leaked concept art (where she doesn't even have a backpack :p)
http://i52.************/29llaqd.jpg

I want a somehow complicated menu where u are able to create and combine stuff, if the game is so much about survival and open world as the leak suggests, sounds like we will have to make many of our own stuff, like healing items, traps, explosives, maybe even weapons, like the bow.

We could pick regular stuff from the enviorement like herbs (for healing items), use the machete to cut wood from trees and make a torch for example

Maybe we could have a Lara model in the menu, where u can navigate through her equiment where she keeps it, with the options to asign directions on the d-pad to some stuff for quick equiping without entering the menu.

look entirely to the page 11 and you will see what your looking for

danny.rex
17-11-10, 06:19
^ I saw that, while it does concord with some of the things i mentioned it isn't all :p

I would really like a Lara model in the inventory, i think it would be simpler with so many items, u could access a backpack from there, assuming she has any (she probably will get one eventually :p)

JACOBryanBURNS
17-11-10, 06:37
The little black dress of the lot was Tomb Raider 3. I'd have to say I rather liked Tomb Raider 3's menu. Press select to get your weapons/health items, up for your treasures and items, and down for all your saving and A/V options.

Simple, timeless, elegant.

princebenidere
17-11-10, 06:51
^ I saw that, while it does concord with some of the things i mentioned it isn't all :p

I would really like a Lara model in the inventory, i think it would be simpler with so many items, u could access a backpack from there, assuming she has any (she probably will get one eventually :p)

I didnt say that you will see all that you were looking for..!! :ton:

danny.rex
17-11-10, 12:36
^ i could swear i saw "all" somewhere but u didnt say that lol, must have been the sleepy-ness :p

cezy rockeru
17-11-10, 13:19
The one from Anniversary!:(

I thought the menu was going to be like that, but they gave us the modern one:(.
FTW!:tmb:

moodydog
17-11-10, 13:38
I love how what I am going to say will contradict the majority of people who have just posted before me. :p

I would rather not have the ring menu... been there, done that (for me its in the past)

I don't want CD's PDA style inventory either. Like someone said, its generic!
I want something new and innovative which TR can grab! :)

Maybe a scale model of Lara with items you have collected round the side (or even in the classic ring rotating around Lara.) You can pick the items up and drag them onto the model where you want it to be equipped. This is just one example.

cezy rockeru
17-11-10, 13:40
either Anni or AoD inventory system..
nothing else!:mad:

moodydog
17-11-10, 14:07
either Anni or AoD inventory system..
nothing else!:mad:

I have had a think about this...

What I gather some people are saying (either out loud or subtly) are;

'Everything should be like the classics'...

Everything should be LIKE the classics.
Meaning... its never going to live up to the classics... its just going to be another TR 'like' mimic of the originals. And if we use all the small peripherals like the inventory system, the look of Lara and the menus from the originals, which really defined the classics for most people, are we really going to get a new, original and innovative TR experience, or just a copy cat wannabe classic?
I would rather everything be completely fresh... or even a new twist on the ring system to say they have brought new ideas to the table.

Rather than...

'Everything in TRIX should be like the classics'

I think

'Everything in TRIX should be a classic'... (i.e. TRIX should be a classic which all other future games should take inspiration from, be completely original)

The only thing important for me from the originals is Lara herself, the fact its adventure exploration puzzle solving game and the name TR.

danny.rex
17-11-10, 17:20
^ I agree with that, people need to let the series move foward and stop wishing everything is like the classics

It all reflects on little things like the ring menu, the braid and such, many people say they want something new and different, but then they say "i want THIS like the classics, I want THAT like the classics" :confused:

moodydog
17-11-10, 17:29
^ I agree with that, people need to let the series move foward and stop wishing everything is like the classics

It all reflects on little things like the ring menu, the braid and such, many people say they want something new and different, but then they say "i want THIS like the classics, I want THAT like the classics" :confused:

Exactly :hug: All the little things can make a game... So being experimental with these little things are quite important. I see reusing/ recycling every last detail from the originals can make it a bit downgrading or even cliché.

Phlip
17-11-10, 19:38

A lot of the stuff the classics did was better, though. So we can't have something we think is better because since it was already used, it's not moving the series forward?

moodydog
17-11-10, 19:44
A lot of the stuff the classics did was better, though. So we can't have something we think is better because since it was already used, it's not moving the series forward?

a ring inventory is not better or worse... its an inventory... which has all ready been done! :o

Phlip
17-11-10, 19:49
a ring inventory is not better or worse... its an inventory... which has all ready been done! :o

It's different, so of course some might think it's better and vice versa. Just because it's already been done doesn't count for anything when it comes to whether it's a good or bad menu.

larafan25
17-11-10, 19:54
What about a fanny pack or backpack inventory where you get a close up of the inside of that case, and you can see everything infront of you.

However this may require limited space, or section devoted to specific items, so you click one gun, and you then see more appear around behind that one, same for ammo, treasures, etc...

I'll make a photo manip of what I mean.:)

moodydog
17-11-10, 20:07
It's different, so of course some might think it's better and vice versa. Just because it's already been done doesn't count for anything when it comes to whether it's a good or bad menu.

I am saying I want to see something new... regardless of how good/ bad it was.

Like I said in my earlier post... I wouldn't mind the ring menu with a bit of a twist... or just 'influenced by the ring menu' as I do think It was a good system. I just don't want to see it done exactly like how it was in TR1,2,3, or A. I want something new.

larafan25
17-11-10, 20:16
How about (bad photo manip)...

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu356/larafan25/inventory6.jpg

My inventory is not very full...

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu356/larafan25/inventory7.jpg

I move the cursor over the gun, it gets highlighted...

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu356/larafan25/inventory8.jpg

The rest of my guns peak out the side so I can scroll through them...

The same would apply for all the other item categories.

Mr. Giraffe
17-11-10, 20:17
I am not sure what or how I would set up the inventory, but what I would like to see is a Journal that the player takes notes in. No hints are given and each section or region or Tomb is given and we can make notes for future refrence. Maybe we need to know a complicated combination, or maybe landmarks to locate a certian item.

A compass and map which is basically old school gps. You can look at the map and place a marker to a location you have already travel to. Then as you play a small compass is shown and you need to follow the correct path. Once you arrive the compass automatically vanishes. Its not in your face because you dont have to use it, but when needed its extremely helpful.

A machete, rope, and lighter. These are all permanent tools Lara will have at any given time and the very basics.

Last but not least Lara' backpack. I think it would be awesome if Lara's backpack was treated as a chest from RE series. Instead of having an unlimited amount of space in an inventory, just have the backpack as something seperate. Extra health and weapons are transfered there and can be replaced at any time within the game.

So I think you should have only two guns on you at any time, but can always switch them out. Players that want the duel pistols can keep them and have a different weapon, players that dont want them can switch them for a different gun. The same with health. 5 health items can be stored at once.

Once you either out of ammo or health its automatically replaced with more health and ammo from your inventory. If you have no ammo left for that gun it switches to the next gun with the highest amount of ammo. In the case of the guns its always the duel pistols.

This could be an optional feature.

This way it could condense the amount of lists and the size of the ring.

They could have the ring as the inventory and within the backpack a list. That there is alittle of both.

kajkotr
18-11-10, 17:35
for crystal TR is PDA great because it's combination of journal, item info etc.

moodydog
18-11-10, 19:04
for crystal TR is PDA great because it's combination of journal, item info etc.

but it doesn't have to be in the form of a PDA to contain all that info. :)

Miharu
18-11-10, 19:06
but it doesn't have to be in the form of a PDA to contain all that info. :)

This, you could easily access a journal/details/statistics like the ring inventory from TR:A.

I'd like the ring inventory to return full stop, that's just me though. I'd also like the passport from TRI-III to return so we can save/load our progress.

danny.rex
18-11-10, 20:40
Is a matter of opinion, i don't see how the ring inventory is better, is just different.

My point was, some people say they want new stuff, innovative stuff, different stuff, yet they ask to have this like the classics, and that like the classics. So, how is the game going to be innovative if what they did is bringing a bunch of stuff from the old games. :confused:

Even Core moved on from the ring inventory after 3 games, it was nice in TRA since it was for the Anniversary, but now something different please

edit: i would LOVE a journal, by the sound of the leak we will be using the enviorement as we want so Lara could write many useful notes there, like what plants are good for healing, recipes for making explosives, how to set up traps, even tactics to take down enemies after u experiment first, of course

RadeonX
19-11-10, 22:38
I'd like the new inventory to be real time if anything so that the game doesnt pause when you open it. This way well have to be on our toes when selecting a new weapon or healing Lara in a fight. I also liked the inventory from Alone In The Dark (I think the character opened his jacket and we could see what he had in his inside pockets or something). I don't know how they would make these ideas work together because it would be a pain for Lara to physically take her backpack off, kneel down and open it every time we wanted something. :tea:

larafan25
19-11-10, 22:40
I'd like the new inventory to be real time if anything so that the game doesnt pause when you open it. This way well have to be on our toes when selecting a new weapon or healing Lara in a fight. I also liked the inventory from Alone In The Dark (I think the character opened his jacket and we could see what he had in his inside pockets or something). I don't know how they would make these ideas work together because it would be a pain for Lara to physically take her backpack off, kneel down and open it every time we wanted something. :tea:

I like the idea of seeing in Lara's backpack for her inventory, however if we were to have a real time inventory, then we should be able to see the game area while using the inventory.

This is what hot keys could be used for, if there is even room for hot keys.:p

Phlip
19-11-10, 22:42
^Even though I don't like your ideas, larafan25, I always like your photo manips. :) Make more. :tmb:

Hotkeys on PC would work, but would be impossible for console. :p

princebenidere
19-11-10, 22:43

yeah like ACTIVE TIME INVENTORY SYSTEM,,
where the enemy can attack you even if you are in a middle of selecting weapons or items,,

and also you can place an item or weapon corresponding to the Dpad,,like in GOL for the easier selection

RadeonX
19-11-10, 22:47
Something tell me there will be hot keys in the next TR game seen as they have been in the last 3. It would be nice to assign the items we want to the hot keys (or D-Pad) instead of having a defined set of things we can have quick usage of like in GOL as prince said. :p

RadeonX
19-11-10, 22:52
we should be able to see the game area while using the inventory.

Thats a good point. I'd love to open the inventory, see an enemy rushing towards me, close it and blast its head off with a magnum before it got to me. Then just carry on with my business like nothing happened. Hahaha.
:D