PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever experienced bullying?

Greenkey2
18-01-09, 15:21
Poll requested by Chloe :wve:

It is also interesting to hear if you have ever bullied someone else, and if so, what prompted it?

irjudd
18-01-09, 15:25
Yes physical. Because as a kid I was a skinny wimpy looking nerd, so I got kicked around for it.

Alex Fly
18-01-09, 15:29
As far as I remember, no. :)

Changeling
18-01-09, 15:29
Yes, verbal - I still get my share of verbal bullying :rolleyes:
Yes, other forms - Never get it now, but there was some times when I was younger where I used to get it through text ;)

Encore
18-01-09, 15:30
Sometimes I was laughed at because I was "weird", mostly in High School, but I don't really consider it bullying; looking back at it now, it wasn't that malicious (and besides I really WAS weird anyway :p).

kristi
18-01-09, 15:31
Yes,verbal and physical.
I was very softhearted and never could hurt anyone.

God Horus
18-01-09, 15:32
No, no one really did every verbally/physically harass me, but on forums and stuff people verbally harassed me if that counts :confused:

jackali
18-01-09, 15:33
A lot of yes there. I'm not sure why. I can only assume that I fell under the blanket of 'different'.

george_croft
18-01-09, 15:34
Yes, verbal bullying. Mostly at home though.

Reggie
18-01-09, 15:35
Verbal bullying was very common, physical very rare only a few times for me, luckily I never let it impact my self esteem for long. It needs to be gotten rid of and until then, I don't know how we can call our society civil.

Rileigh
18-01-09, 15:36
verbal, and physical.....

VonCroy360
18-01-09, 15:36
Yes, verbal. Lots of it.

Titanium
18-01-09, 15:37
Yes I experienced verbal bullying for a while. But I recently found a profile page of one of the people who bullied me. Now he's a fat alcoholic.

-DaNnEe..
18-01-09, 15:38
Yes, verbal
Yes, physical
Yes, other forms (on webpages, via mobile phone pictures etc)

:wve:

da tomb raider!
18-01-09, 15:38
No, never.

lararoxs
18-01-09, 15:39
Yes, Verbal and other forms (on webpages, via mobile phone pictures etc)

We moved from Shetland and the accent was something I teased about. I didnt really take much notice. That was when I was youger. I get 'swat' and other insults now...

One person decided to take it into the form of Cyberbullying via social sites and so on... I wouldnt mind but she moved schools ages ago and then one day decided to start something out of nothing. The comments were extremely immature and pointless.

coolaideonfire
18-01-09, 15:40
I only really experienced verbal bullying when I was at school. It was nothing major just the usual kids being kids.

There was one time I was physically bullied though, someone who hated me (for no real reason as far as I know) decided he didn't want me in the class room one lunch time so picked me up and literally threw me out into the corridor. A little perspective: I'm a skinny, weigh-next-to-nothing kind of guy. He was well built and towered above me!

Ikas90
18-01-09, 15:42
Yes. Through verbal, physical and through the internet.

But it was never a big deal for me. The ones who bullied me are the ones that will get nowhere in life, so why should I have to feel small? I tend to look at the big picture.

scion05
18-01-09, 15:46
Yes, verbal and physical. I'm over it.
I wouldn't say I've ever bullied anyone, but I'm not always the nicest person, though I try to be.

takamotosan
18-01-09, 15:46
verbal and text/internet, yeah.

but that was mostly in middle school.

if people make fun of me now, they do it behind my back.
and i don't care anymore.

Tomb Raider Master
18-01-09, 15:47
Nope.

Quasimodo
18-01-09, 15:49
Yes, verbal and physical. I was a bit of a bully, too.

Joely-Moley
18-01-09, 15:49
Yeah, verbal and physical.
I was a skinny punk kid growing up in a really bad area.

I got attacked all the time, and called everything under the sun.

I still get stuff shouted at me though it amuses me more that anything else, and i've had a few people try and take a swing at me, but you know when you're 6ft4 and built it doesn't do too much.

EmeraldFields
18-01-09, 15:51
Yes, verbal. Middle School was an ugly place.

TombRaiderCool
18-01-09, 15:56
Where I come from according to a report, everybody experiences both verbal and physical bullying at least once in their school life, I was not exception.

TR93
18-01-09, 15:58
Yes,
Mental, Physical, and over the internet,
I'm a target for bullies but I don't know why:(

It really lowered my self esteem...badly:(

AmericanAssassin
18-01-09, 16:09
Yeah, I've experienced physical and emotional bullying. Throughout middle school, people always called me gay (which I'm NOT) and harassed me about it. Every day. Every class. Multiple kids. I hated everything and it's definately scarred me. I used to live in a dangerous school area, and I was actually attacked by four people at once... :(

Night Crawler
18-01-09, 16:11
Never was bullied, would never allow myself to be bullied.

thecentaur
18-01-09, 16:13
Physical: Just a bully.. he was being an *** and he was having a bad day so he just socked me one in the arm. left a bruise lol

Verbal: Several people... well nowadays it's because i'm bi but fortunately people are letting up.

Other: YT. I commented on one of Chris Crocker's videos and one of those idiots that are so incosiderate totally just made fun of me coz I commented on his video; I don't even know that dude lol. *sigh* xPP

Nemo_91
18-01-09, 16:14
Yes, verbal & physical.

Geck-o-Lizard
18-01-09, 16:18
Physical when I was much younger; verbal frequently through high school. I used to scare the bejeesus out of people who tried to pick on me though, typically by grabbing them by the collar and screaming in their face, or bashing their shins in with steelcapped boots. By the time I left, the only morons in the school who dared to make fun of me were four lads from a couple years below me who'd only ever mock me with fifty feet of air, two floors and two windows separating us... :vlol:

TRfan23
18-01-09, 16:55
Request Deletion.

Quasimodo
18-01-09, 16:57
Physical when I was much younger; verbal frequently through high school. I used to scare the bejeesus out of people who tried to pick on me though, typically by grabbing them by the collar and screaming in their face, or bashing their shins in with steelcapped boots. By the time I left, the only morons in the school who dared to make fun of me were four lads from a couple years below me who'd only ever mock me with fifty feet of air, two floors and two windows separating us... :vlol:

Now why didn't I ever think of that? :vlol:

tombraiderluka
18-01-09, 17:04
Yeah, on the internet, Myspace actually, but err.. who cares :)

Archetype
18-01-09, 17:08
yes, but its crafted me into a nicely rounded person.

digitizedboy
18-01-09, 17:12
Would it sound like I'm whining if I said yes? I dunno, I was bullied "a lot" at school, and it's probably why I'm not such a socialite now. Scared of people I guess, and what they think of me. :(

CuteKittenlol
18-01-09, 17:14
Yes verbal, physical and other forms. Started Y1 and stopped properly in Y7.

Funnily the girl who did it was a fat ugly dog, and she was the one calling me stuff like that, aswell as other insults like calling me a lesbian (when i'm not), then spread round i was pregnant (didnt make sense to me either, lol). She even did stupid stuff like hide my sandwiches, and she punched me once..

digitizedboy
18-01-09, 17:18
Yes verbal, physical and other forms. Started Y1 and stopped properly in Y7.

Funnily the girl who did it was a fat ugly dog, and she was the one calling me stuff like that, aswell as other insults like calling me a lesbian (when i'm not), then spread round i was pregnant (didnt make sense to me either, lol). She even did stupid stuff like hide my sandwiches, and she punched me once..

funny! It usually is people who are (and I don't mean to sound nasty or whatnot) ugly that bully. lol Is it some kind of comfort to them to do that I wonder? :|

Tihocan9
18-01-09, 17:20
Yes, but only in the 4th grade, verbally, but it was everyday constantly and it effected my behavior until High 9th grade, then I changed for the better for whatever reason. It changed my outlook on things, unfortunately not always for the better, now I almost always feel inferior to everyone else. But on the other hand it taught me to sense who to avoid, which I am quite good at.

Fallen.Angel
18-01-09, 17:24
Only on the internet. A long time ago, of course.

Thorir
18-01-09, 17:26
Yes, verbal.

TRhalloween
18-01-09, 17:26
People often mock me at school T_T
Nothing too verbal . Hardly ever physical. I try to avoid them and just stick to my friends.

marla_biggs
18-01-09, 17:52
yes, verbal and physical.......but mostly verbal. it only happened at my dire secondary school, some people are so rude -_- i hope i never see them again :cen:

SykoSilver
18-01-09, 17:52
Physically, because some people are douchebags.

bivvy
18-01-09, 18:09
All three. High school is awful.

In fact I'm not looking foward to tomorrow. >.>

kooky
18-01-09, 18:18
Yes, Verbally because I am in Special Education. Many kids call me a retard just because of that... I'll never understand why I was put in special ed, I'm sure kids who are slower than me are put in all gen ed classes & have no problems... -.-

NemesisxAngelus
18-01-09, 18:23
I voted for:
Yes, verbal
Yes, physical

I guess I'll never find out why exactly. :rolleyes: 13 years day in day out, luckily enough nowadays it isn't daily at school anymore..

demonslayer
18-01-09, 18:23
Yeah i used to get bullied alot at school, verbally mainly because of my weight :o

But i never used to let it bother me, but sometimes if it got too much i would get upset. Then one day i lashed out at the bullies and they didnt bother me no more :)

TombRaiderLover
18-01-09, 18:25
Interesting to hear people say they've never been bullied before. I'm sure everybody has been bullied at some time in there life, even if they didn't realise it. ;)

rickybazire
18-01-09, 18:39
I get verbally bullied quite a lot, like people telling me things about myself that they don't like and they have a complete go at it.

Physically, it was only for like a couple weeks. Got hit quite a few times, and stuff was drawn on one of my school shirts in a pernament marker, so that didn't come out.

It isn't as bad as what some people had, but it's still bullying.

As for whether I bullied anyone, there was like the banter thing that everyone did, but I've stopped doing that now.

Lara Croft!
18-01-09, 18:43
No, never... Bullying is not so popular phenomenon in Greece. And even if it exists it almost never affects girls.

Tina Croft
18-01-09, 18:52
verbal, physical and on webpages... worst thing is, that it changes you after a few years and i dunno, if i should be sad or angry .. there are so many people i hate now

TR93
18-01-09, 18:56
I agree,
Most bullies tried to change who I am....I just had to ignore or stand up to them.
Most people say you should ignore a bully, thing is...a bully will listen to that and the more you stay in silence and ignore them...the more they know they are actually getting to you...

remember don't let a bully try and change anything about you!....be yourself..
most bullies are only being nasty because they either have nothing better to do, they have problems they can't blame on people so they take it out on their victims or they are just jealous of people;)

Being bullied was the worse time of my life...I'm glad it doesn't happen so much anymore,

SykoSilver
18-01-09, 18:56
verbal, physical and on webpages... worst thing is, that it changes you after a few years and i dunno, if i should be sad or angry .. there are so many people i hate now

Don't hate them. Don't even pity them. Don't give them an ounce of your attention--they don't deserve it. Not from you, if they put you through that. :D

Mad Tony
18-01-09, 18:57
No, never... Bullying is not so popular phenomenon in Greece. And even if it exists it almost never affects girls.I'm sorry, but that doesn't really make any sense. :confused: Unforatunately, bullying is a part of human nature. It's not something that varies from country to country and it certainly doesn't affect one sex more than the other.

As for me, I've been bullied physically, verbally and by other forms, especially the latter two. It's been going on for a long time now. I'd say bullying is the main reason for why I'm looking forward to leaving school so much.

Hybrid Soldier
18-01-09, 19:30
Never really. There was this one incident way back in junior high but i don't really classify it as bullying per say.

No, never... Bullying is not so popular phenomenon in Greece. And even if it exists it almost never affects girls.

I'm sorry, but that doesn't really make any sense. :confused: Unforatunately, bullying is a part of human nature. It's not something that varies from country to country and it certainly doesn't affect one sex more than the other.

As for me, I've been bullied physically, verbally and by other forms, especially the latter two. It's been going on for a long time now. I'd say bullying is the main reason for why I'm looking forward to leaving school so much.

Tbh, at least where i live, girls are usually on the end of verbal abuse than anything else. Rumors being spread around to make one look bad. Rarely do i see girls get really physical. So i see where Lora is coming from. With guys its usually a mix of both verbal and physical.

digitizedboy
18-01-09, 19:31
@ mad tony... Nah I didn't get that one either, that's just plain silly. :|

Aphrodite22
18-01-09, 19:38
yes, verbal

xMiSsCrOfTx
18-01-09, 19:51
Definitely verbal. Middle school was annoying like that. Even now, people I know stil gossip. It's pretty sad.

Lew
18-01-09, 19:54
I'm sorry, but that doesn't really make any sense. :confused: Unforatunately, bullying is a part of human nature. It's not something that varies from country to country and it certainly doesn't affect one sex more than the other.

You're extremely stubborn aren't you?

As for me in secondary school in the younger years i got verbally bullied abit but then I changed my ways and now its all stopped. In college if someone has a problem with me it's probably from what i've done to **** them off.

Mad Tony
18-01-09, 20:04
You're extremely stubborn aren't you?

As for me in secondary school in the younger years i got verbally bullied abit but then I changed my ways and now its all stopped. In college if someone has a problem with me it's probably from what i've done to **** them off.How does getting bullied make somebody stubborn?

IceColdLaraCroft
18-01-09, 20:27
I did. I got over it

the hooliganz
18-01-09, 20:32
I got bullied verbally, but they know I can kick their arse so they stopped doing it

Lew
18-01-09, 20:41
How does getting bullied make somebody stubborn?

erm what? I was disagreeing with your disagree of what Lara Croft! said. Calling you stubborn judging from previous posts that you dont let anyone else have their own opinion and cause your into politics makes you right.

Alectrona
18-01-09, 20:42
Few years ago there was this girl who just hated me for no particular reason. And she even hit me but I was a calm kid back then so I just ignored her. Her goal was just to make me cry so she could feel better. That never happened and she stopped. At the moment she is this drug using bad girl, her future isn't going to be very bright..
Though my self-confidence is still too low, this experience made me stronger..

NympHadorA
18-01-09, 20:43
Verbal, I guess...

Mad Tony
18-01-09, 20:44
erm what? I was disagreeing with your disagree of what Lara Croft! said. Calling you stubborn judging from previous posts that you dont let anyone else have their own opinion and cause your into politics makes you right.What, am I not allowed to disagree with her? Of course she can have her own opinion, I just don't agree with it.

What has me being interested in politics got anything to do with this conversation, and how does that automatically mean that I think I'm right all the time? Please enlighten me on that one, because I'm completely baffled.

Larapink
18-01-09, 20:51
I have been bullied, its a very touching subject for me because everytime I talk about it I cry. http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/sad/sad0006.gif

IceColdLaraCroft
18-01-09, 21:01

Are you from Greece? No. So how would you know? You're making a generalization/assumption that it does exist in every culture/society. Just because you have gone through it doesn't make you an expert on the subject.

There is no "disagreeing" with LaraCroft's statement. It wasn't an opinion, it was her experience in her country...somewhere you don't live and you probably don't know enough about to say something like that to her.

I'm sorry, but it was a bit asinine to say that when you aren't in her world and by you saying "no you're wrong" does make you seem like you think you're right all the time.

Lew
18-01-09, 21:04
What, am I not allowed to disagree with her? Of course she can have her own opinion, I just don't agree with it.

What has me being interested in politics got anything to do with this conversation, and how does that automatically mean that I think I'm right all the time? Please enlighten me on that one, because I'm completely baffled.

Well from seeing as how you dont live in Greece and she does, she should know? That should give you an idea from how stubborn and up yourself you are.

Are you from Greece? No. So how would you know? You're making a generalization/assumption that it does exist in every culture/society. Just because you have gone through it doesn't make you an expert on the subject.

There is no "disagreeing" with LaraCroft's statement. It wasn't an opinion, it was her experience in her country...somewhere you don't live and you probably don't know enough about to say something like that to her.

I'm sorry, but it was a bit asinine to say that when you aren't in her world and by you saying "no you're wrong" does make you seem like you think you're right all the time.

Thankyou

Mad Tony
18-01-09, 21:04

I'm sorry, but it was a bit asinine to say that when you aren't in her world.As I said, bullying is unfortunately part of human nature. It's sad I know but bullying is everywhere in this world. I'm not saying that Lara Croft is wrong and that I am right, I'm just saying that I disagree with her on what she said. I never said I was an expert on bullying either. Who's making the assumptions now?

Well from seeing as how you dont live in Greece and she does, she should know? That should give you an idea from how stubborn and up yourself you are.All I did is disagree with her (for the reasons I stated above) and now I'm stubborn and "up myself"?

Nice going on the insult there, a very civil thing to say.

touchthesky
18-01-09, 21:05
Yes, verbal.

I was often taunted for being "different."

Nothing new.

Nerd For Life
18-01-09, 21:07
Yes, verbal.

Nothing new.

Same for me.

It's still like that.

Nausinous
18-01-09, 21:17
I was bullied because I'm gay. I got stabbed in the chest with a compass, didn't go very deep but hurt like **** and I then got a hard back dictionary thrown at my face which hit my eye, it then inflated to the size of an egg.

dcw123
18-01-09, 21:22
Yes, both physical & verbal.
I was in no way geeky looking, but some of my friends were.:o
I used to get people talkin about me in class, load enough for everyone to hear, but acting as if no-one heard.:(
I got as upset, I very nearly stood up and punched them infront of everyone.
When I got to year 10 though, it stopped for some wierd reason.
Problem was I had lots goin on at home too, parent divorced etc..
I had to have counceling it was that bad.:o

Even worse, Britain has been named the WORST country for bullying and prejudgice!

mau3genius
18-01-09, 21:27
Nope, never been bullied. Though I once had my "Bully" chapter, but when I was really really young so it shouldn't count (Imagine me as the "Don Corleone" of my class from 1st to 5th grade).
I threatened a friend over apple juice (long story), beat up a guy cause I told him to stay away from my ex-girlfriend, and he didn't listen, and I stole toys and stuff from other people in Kindergarten, amongst other things. :vlol:
I was quite the trouble maker when I was a child. But now I've changed. :D

dcw123
18-01-09, 21:33
You were quite a trouble maker:p
Luckily I wasn't weak physically, so I got a few back.
I remember in my 1st year in High School, a year 10 was giving me stick for about 6 mnths... I snapped one day and uppercut him in the nose. (I was really short then LOL)
However, coz of everything that has happened I have no confidence in ANYTHING, Insecure and cry when I'm drunk:(
And my grandma has got alzimers desease...she's the only close family i have left aswell:(
I hang out with friends and play videogames to take my mind off stuff.

SykoSilver
18-01-09, 21:34
I was bullied because I'm gay. I got stabbed in the chest with a compass, didn't go very deep but hurt like **** and I then got a hard back dictionary thrown at my face which hit my eye, it then inflated to the size of an egg.

:gay:

I didn't come out until college, but I know how people can be. The best we can do is take pride in who we are and rise above the fear.

Lara's home
18-01-09, 21:43
I picked Yes, verbal, but I know it was never intentional. Just like I've hurt other people without knowing I did it. It was pretty awful. Luckily, it didn't last for long, and really made me think about myself. :)
The reason I know it was unintentional, is because all of them were really great guys when I got their humour and understood that it was, after all, just a joke.

Eddie Haskell
18-01-09, 21:51
Even worse, Britain has been named the WORST country for bullying and prejudgice!

I'll say, meet Grayson (the pertinent segment starts at 2:15, but watch it all, it is hilarious):
FawTzTY5RAU

Part 2 is there as well.

Assassino
18-01-09, 21:59
Yeah bigstyle...you know when people say that 'school years are the best of your life' they got that one wrong.
I don't get bullied now, oh no i'm wise to that I fight back :)

SykoSilver
18-01-09, 22:05
Japan is pretty bad, actually. Sure Britain's worse? From what I know, young people will be thrown out of whole social groups, completely ignored. Many young people commit suicide, and some go into acute social withdrawal, cutting off communication with even their family and staying in their room all the time (hikikomori). Much of this is a result of bullying, though also academic pressure...

TRenTIs
18-01-09, 22:05
Yes. People used to think that I was gay, and that caused people to not like me (and, strangely, for others to want to be friends with me). I'm not a very masculine guy, and most of my friends were girls, so I can see why they would think that. And that's why lots of guys don't like me and don't come near me; because if I was gay, clearly all I would do is hit on every guy that I see. I hate guys that think that they're so hot, and that I have nothing better to do than come onto them. Get a life!!

And also, in grade 5, there was this kid that really hated me. One time when we were in the hall way, he tried to punch me, and I grabbed his hand as it went toward me, spun around while grabbing his arm, and gently threw him to the floor. It was like something out of a movie; it was so much fun. He stayed away from me after that. :ton:

Feather Duster
18-01-09, 22:08
Lol Verbal and sometimes internet.

The verbal one was in 5th grade I think? Anyway, this redneck little jock told me to shave my arms cause I looked like a hairy man :rolleyes: Told him to shave his crack :whi: :mis:

The internet. Mostly it was my misinformation of cats :whi: :vlol:

Mad Tony
18-01-09, 22:09
Yeah bigstyle...you know when people say that 'school years are the best of your life' they got that one wrong.Amen to that. When I did my work experience in year 10 it was such a welcome change. I actually didn't dread getting up every day. A lot of people will probably disagree with me here, but I think life after school is a whole lot better (although I haven't actually finished school yet lol).

Joely-Moley
18-01-09, 22:15
A lot of people will probably disagree with me here, but I think life after school is a whole lot better (although I haven't actually finished school yet lol).

Agreed! I hated school, i'm in college now and have never looked back.

So to everyone having a hard time at school, chin up! It gets better, trust me.

dcw123
18-01-09, 22:21
Yeah, college is so much more relaxed and the teachers ACTUALLY treat you like human beings instead of pupils:D
Its alot more individual, and the classes aren't as big, so you get more help.
Your allowed out of college grounds @ breaks too, me n my m8s used to always go to McDonalds lol:p

Only thing is, the work is ALOT harder to keep up on.. i'm behind on mine.. eeep;)

Changeling
18-01-09, 22:22
Amen to that. When I did my work experience in year 10 it was such a welcome change. I actually didn't dread getting up every day. A lot of people will probably disagree with me here, but I think life after school is a whole lot better (although I haven't actually finished school yet lol).

I agree. :p They say it's the best years of our lives, but it certainly doesn't feel that way on a Monday morning. -_- :p

Eddie Haskell
18-01-09, 22:22
Amen to that. When I did my work experience in year 10 it was such a welcome change. I actually didn't dread getting up every day. A lot of people will probably disagree with me here, but I think life after school is a whole lot better (although I haven't actually finished school yet lol).

I don't know anyone my age that would agree with you. Believe me, you will almost want to pull a Dorian Gray to go back to that time. The weight of day to day responsibility, endless home repairs, paying bill after bill, etc. vs freedom and fun...hmmmm, let me think about that for a minute. ;)

Orionvalentine
18-01-09, 22:24
In most forms, yes.

Not so much nowadays though...

dcw123
18-01-09, 22:25
I don't know anyone my age that would agree with you. Believe me, you will almost want to pull a Dorian Gray to go back to that time. The weight of day to day responsibility, endless home repairs, paying bill after bill, etc. vs freedom and fun...hmmmm, let me think about that for a minute. ;)

True. I'm off to University soon and I'm so scared ,I wasn't going to go.
I am very relient on other people and am very shy with new people... so I think I'm gonna stay at home and get a train there instead:p

Mad Tony
18-01-09, 22:25
I don't know anyone my age that would agree with you. Believe me, you will almost want to pull a Dorian Gray to go back to that time. The weight of day to day responsibility, endless home repairs, paying bill after bill, etc. vs freedom and fun...hmmmm, let me think about that for a minute. ;)Oh yeah, I never said life after school was gonna be a breeze. Being in school honestly doesn't feel like freedom though and it certainly isn't fun. School often makes me pretty miserable.

Changeling
18-01-09, 22:26

Yeah, but you want to go back to those days with your own mind. If you went back with a teenager's mind, you'd definitely think differently. ;) It's not all freedom and fun. When we're young we want to grow up, and when we grow up we want to be younger.

Angelus
18-01-09, 22:29
No, never. I was called generic names sometimes but they'd get the same back.

Mad Tony
18-01-09, 22:29
Another thing that bothers me about school is that there aren't many people that share my interests. Most of the TV shows and films I watch I can't talk about at school because nobody else watches them.

Joely-Moley
18-01-09, 22:30

While I agree with you this responsibly thing is no fun. Especially when you randomly get a bill from the gas company that is triple what it usually is, and to pay it you get put on a special payment plan.
I’d still take it over school any day!

Though I'm still pretty young so maybe in ten years i'll be saying, 'I wanna be a kid again!!'

Eddie Haskell
18-01-09, 22:32
Yeah, but you want to go back to those days with your own mind. If you went back with a teenager's mind, you'd definitely think differently. ;) It's not all freedom and fun. When we're young we want to grow up, and when we grow up we want to be younger.

Well, not to belittle any of you and the awful problems and bullying that you have/had to endure, but I never experienced any of that. I had fights of course, but I was a pretty big guy and did not experience any bullying at all. I only have fond memories of my school days, from kindergarten all the way through college. Although I wouldn't want to go back to college...at least immediately. It was too hard... :)

So if I could go back to my youth, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Mad Tony
18-01-09, 22:33
Well, not to belittle any of you and the awful problems and bullying that you have/had to endure, but I never experienced any of that. I had fights of course, but I was a pretty big guy and did not experience any bullying at all. I only have fond memories of my school days, from kindergarten all the way through college. Although I wouldn't want to go back to college...at least immediately. It was too hard... :)

So if I could go back to my youth, I'd do it in a heartbeat.There's where the difference lies I think. I honestly cannot see myself saying that in 20 years time because my school days haven't been happy at all. I have far more bad memories of school than good ones.

Eddie Haskell
18-01-09, 22:35
There's where the difference lies I think. I honestly cannot see myself saying that in 20 years time because my school days haven't been happy at all. I have far more bad memories of school than good ones.

Everything's relative though, you have to wait and see what life brings you before you can really answer.

Lew
18-01-09, 22:40
Another thing that bothers me about school is that there aren't many people that share my interests. Most of the TV shows and films I watch I can't talk about at school because nobody else watches them.

Thats because I dont know anyone my age who likes politics or even cares. :D

Mad Tony
18-01-09, 22:42
Thats because I dont know anyone my age who likes politics or even cares. :DYep, that's right. Politics isn't my only interest though. For example, I've still yet to find someone at school who has seen the film Goodfellas or collects American license plates. :D

Everything's relative though, you have to wait and see what life brings you before you can really answer.Very true.

digitizedboy
18-01-09, 22:45
Yes, verbal.

Nothing new.

Damn, I wished I had that attitude, you know like, what the heck. People hurt our feelings too often when really we shouldn't give a ****. Too many years I've lost dwelling on the past. O_o

Ada the Mental
18-01-09, 22:56
Yes, verbally.
When I was 13ish some morons in my year started this rumour that I was doing drugs (:confused:). At first, I tried to ignore it and laugh it off but soon people I didn't even know would shout insults at me, and, eventually, it got to me. I'd lose my temper, and try to retaliate and I ended up making a big fool of myself.
At one point I went up to a boy twice my size, who just wouldn't let me be, and slapped him, pretty hard. He slapped me back, so I hit him again, and then...people separated it us because the guy really looked about to beat me to a pulp. :p
Anyway, in the end, I decided I had wasted more than enough time on those brainless, idiotic maggots and went back to completely ignoring them. It was over quickly. And by the time I hit high school it was pretty much forgotten.

Don't think so. I agree it isn't such a big problem, as it is in other countries, but it does exist, especially verbal bullying, and from what I've seen it's mostly towards girls.

Chris.Talg0
18-01-09, 22:59
yes, verbal. :(

rowanlim
19-01-09, 04:07
I voted no, never: the teasing I went through wasn't significant enough to be considered bullying :)

EmeraldFields
19-01-09, 04:10
Yep, that's right. Politics isn't my only interest though. For example, I've still yet to find someone at school who has seen the film Goodfellas or collects American license plates.

Ah Tony, you'd fit in at my school!:hug: We all talk about politics. In fact you're required to take a political debate class in my school district!:D

CerebralAssassin
19-01-09, 04:14
only 15% haven't been bullied?:eek:wow....*slowly walks away..*:pi:

ajrich17901
19-01-09, 04:20
Would it sound like I'm whining if I said yes? I dunno, I was bullied "a lot" at school, and it's probably why I'm not such a socialite now. Scared of people I guess, and what they think of me. :(

Exactly the same here. Nice to see im not the only one.

Tyrannosaurus
19-01-09, 06:41
Most people have bully stories, and these are usually inspiring ones, about how they stood up for themselves and learned to be assertive, and grew up etc. I have no such story to tell. What I learned in middle school was that I was very different, strange, pathetic in every way imaginable, and wrong to be that way. I learned that public schools are less than worthless, that life was cruel and unfair, that the human race was inherently evil and deserved to be destroyed and annihilated. I learned that fantasy was better than socializing, and that dinosaurs were better than people.

No one ever told me then that I needed to be the change in my life I wished to happen. No one ever told me how to make important decisions. No one told me why it was worthwhile to live life outside, rather than in. You're supposed to learn these things by yourself, around the same time that you develop your social skills along with the rest of your peers, begin dating, and discover who you are. I didn't learn how to be a teenager until college, and now I'm trying to learn how to be an adult.

Do I miss school days? No. I feel sadness, hopelessness, and chagrin at the thought that I did not live them at all and do not remember them with idllyic nostalgia. I must believe that the worst is over, that my life is about to begin, and that I have something better to look forward to.

*EDIT* If I were re-instated as God-King I would mandate that all school bullies be executed immediately and publicly upon their second offence.

Sblade
19-01-09, 09:52
Poll requested by Chloe :wve:

It is also interesting to hear if you have ever bullied someone else, and if so, what prompted it?

There must be an option for "all of the above" :D

As the Securom crusader, I always get bullied as a warez merchant for criticizing DRMīs. We know those things stop pirates... :tea:

john_york
19-01-09, 09:57
Yes. bullying (verbal and physical) was a daily occurrence for me back when I was at school. S'alright, though, now I'm successful and they're all fat and ugly in dead-end jobs! ha!

res27772
19-01-09, 10:04
No - I was ignored at school rather than bullied.

Neteru
19-01-09, 10:05
Yes. bullying (verbal and physical) was a daily occurrence for me back when I was at school. S'alright, though, now I'm successful and they're all fat and ugly in dead-end jobs! ha!:vlol: Being attractive. The best form of revenge.

john_york
19-01-09, 10:05
:vlol: Being attractive. The best form of revenge.

That'll learn 'em, eh?!

tomblover
19-01-09, 10:16
Have I experienced bullying?

No, not really.

Paddy
19-01-09, 10:46
Physical, verbal and have had some on forums before.
It was the major contribution to my low self esteem.

disneyprincess20
19-01-09, 11:52
At school, some verbal and physical abuse. Got punched in the nose and had some hair ripped out.

You know what? Unlike the bullies, now I'm grown up and not a teen mother or addicted to crack. I feel I've made a bit more of myself, despite their intentions.

Paddy
19-01-09, 11:55
Felt good when I finally snapped and physically hurt one of my bullies.
Didnt get in trouble and rightly so, teachers say dont use violence which is a load of crap, if you have to use it to stop bullying then so be it.

disneyprincess20
19-01-09, 11:59
Felt good when I finally snapped and physically hurt one of my bullies.
Didnt get in trouble and rightly so, teachers say dont use violence which is a load of crap, if you have to use it to stop bullying then so be it.

Actually, when I was at junior school a teacher caught another boy smacking me around the head with a folder. The teacher took the folder from him, handed it to me and said "go on, hit him once and only once". So I hit him hard. The teacher then said "right that's the end of it. Give the folder back to him and [turning to the boy] don't you hit anyone else with it again".

I thought as teaching went this was quite effective!

Paddy
19-01-09, 12:01
Actually, when I was at junior school a teacher caught another boy smacking me around the head with a folder. The teacher took the folder from him, handed it to me and said "go on, hit him once and only once". So I hit him hard. The teacher then said "right that's the end of it. Give the folder back to him and [turning to the boy] don't you hit anyone else with it again".

I thought as teaching went this was quite effective!

Depends on the teachers, teachers didnt help with some of the bullies I had even if they tried to tell them to stop, I think taking the law into your own hands has to be a priority if nothing else occurs to help.

TRfan9294
19-01-09, 12:46
Nope, never experienced bullying.

EgyptianSoul
19-01-09, 12:52
Yes. Both physical and verbal.

Left me scarred for life and I wish for revenge.

TR1CRW
19-01-09, 13:02
Yep both. That's private bording schools for you.... :rolleyes:

Well the one I went to at least! :p

_ush2_
19-01-09, 13:25
yes verbally, and i AM. Because i dont know how to play sports well and because i am small and i have curly hair.

BTW if youcome to kuwait, you will be teased for reasons that are so stupid (FOR TALKING TO GIRLS, FOR HAVING A GIRL'S E-MAIL, FOR TALKING PROPER ENGLISH!! (WITF??) AND FOR HARDLY SAYING ANY BAD WORDS ALSO (WTF??) )

thank god im moving next month with all my cousins and my friend is also moving there!

MiCkiZ88
19-01-09, 13:31
Yes - Verbal
Yes - Physical (badly)
Yes - Other forms

Jealous *****es always trying to ruin your life one way or another.. pathetic :)

Rai
19-01-09, 14:31
Yes, I was bullied throughout my school days. It was mostly verbal but also it would come in the form of people messing with my work (science, home ecc.) or throwing things at me etc. I rarely got physically bullied but occasionally it happened. Some of the stuff was general kids being kids but I was very sensitive back then. I went to an all girls school, and girls can be really vicious and cunning in the way they'd bully. It often went unnoticed by teachers - or ignored. I'm talking about in general, not just the bullying I experienced.

It took me a long time to get my self esteem/confidence back.

petujaymz
19-01-09, 14:39

Workplace bullying as an adult...

For the most part it was psychological, but at one stage I was being threatened outside the workplace when it became clear I wasn't gonna take it anymore.

To say they regret screwing with me is beyond an understatement.

EDIT - It's kinda backfired on them really. Hea, hea, hea... :mis:

As a child I was victimised no more than the next kid; everyone gets stick at some stage in school.

TRhalloween
19-01-09, 14:48
EDIT - It's kinda backfired on them really. Hea, hea, hea... :mis:

You sued them?

petujaymz
19-01-09, 14:52
You sued them?

It's ongoing...

That and the fact the experience has given me the hide of a ****ing rhino.

Evan C.
19-01-09, 14:55
Yes,when I was a kid I was very,very shide and I had a lot of traumathics problems.Now I am big and I see those who disturbed me when I was a kid but I don't care about them.

Philio
19-01-09, 15:22
Yes, verbal and physical. Because i'm gay, people accept me not. Horrible time at school. Long story. :rolleyes:

TR93
19-01-09, 15:39
Yes, verbal and physical. Because i'm gay, people accept me not. Horrible time at school. Long story. :rolleyes:

I think that is awful...bullying someone because they are gay...
I mean it's who you are...everyone should be them self!!!...

My friend got bullied for being gay...and because she asked me out I got bullied aswell...Although I am straight they found a way to make every one think otherwise and try and bend the truth:(
Asked constant questions ect....:(

Philio
19-01-09, 15:49
I think that is awful...bullying someone because they are gay...
I mean it's who you are...everyone should be them self!!!...

My friend got bullied for being gay...and because she asked me out I got bullied aswell...Although I am straight they found a way to make every one think otherwise and try and bend the truth:(
Asked constant questions ect....:(That's ridiculous. Yeah, it's awful. I have very much pain/sad of it. If i ever across these people who have hurt me so, they will know it. :)

TR93
19-01-09, 15:59
That's ridiculous. Yeah, it's awful. I have very much pain/sad of it. If i ever across these people who have hurt me so, they will know it. :)

I am glad it stopped...:hug:

It's discrimination!...
Just like racism...being nasty to someone because they are gay...
it's wrong..and it's not fair!..
I feel sad that it still happens to people...I wish it could stop...
But bullying is a part of life...:(

That's why I love TRF so much..everyone understand each other...and we mostly all get along:hug:

I dont understand why bullies in life can't accept things the way they are, and accept people for who they are...
The bullies I came across and have to deal with at school always try and change me...But they wont ever bring me down...
They are just sad...and maybe lonley people who cant think of anything better to do;)

~*~Chloe~*~
19-01-09, 16:18
I have experienced a lot of verbal. A little bit physical, and I dont think this counts but bullies trying to add me or Bebo and Myspace just to have a nosy at my page or pictures.

Philio
19-01-09, 16:20
I am glad it stopped...:hug:

It's discrimination!...
Just like racism...being nasty to someone because they are gay...
it's wrong..and it's not fair!..
I feel sad that it still happens to people...I wish it could stop...
But bullying is a part of life...:(

That's why I love TRF so much..everyone understand each other...and we mostly all get along:hug:

I dont understand why bullies in life can't accept things the way they are, and accept people for who they are...
The bullies I came across and have to deal with at school always try and change me...But they wont ever bring me down...
They are just sad...and maybe lonley people who cant think of anything better to do;)I know, this will always remain. I just do not understand why people like to hurt each other? :confused: It's insane. You should never change yourself. Be yourself no matter what. ;)

TR93
19-01-09, 16:25
I know, this will always remain. I just do not understand why people like to hurt each other? :confused: It's insane

That's what I don't understand,
Why do people find it amusing to hurt each other...????:confused:
I mean I try not to hurt anyones feelings ever,
I am always as nice as I can be to most people:):hug:

I You should never change yourself. Be yourself no matter what. ;)

Exactly my friend:tmb:!

Philio
19-01-09, 16:46
That's what I don't understand,
Why do people find it amusing to hurt each other...????:confused:
I mean I try not to hurt anyones feelings ever,
I am always as nice as I can be to most people:):hug:It's sick. Most people bullying other people because they are uncertain or have been something in their lives in the past, i think.

Nannonxyay
19-01-09, 16:54
I get quite a lot of crap for being 'fat' and a 'lesbian.' Seriously, people don't understand the difference between Bi and Lesbian. In fact, I'm not really bothered about what they think. I am who I am.

john_york
19-01-09, 16:56
I know, this will always remain. I just do not understand why people like to hurt each other? :confused: It's insane. You should never change yourself. Be yourself no matter what. ;)

It's basic biology: competition and survival of the fittest. Any individual of any species is inherently programmed to 'hate' that which is different and to compete with their contemporaries for limited resources in their environment. Now that we, humans, have in effect grown as a species so that our evolution is more social than physical, our environmental and evolutionary pressures have changed as a result. Competition between adults is now based around the finding of jobs and housing. Obviously, children aren't exposed to these modern pressures and competition between them takes a different form. Young of any social species, such as us, are involved in direct competition between them and, always, those individuals that show signs of weakness or 'not towing the line' are singled out by others around them and 'tested' - although, more often singling them out results in their expulsion from the group or their death, benefitting the species in the long run by only ensuring the survival of the strongest individuals that are able to adhere to the strict social and biological constraints of that species' lifestyle. So, in human society, any child that shows any deviation from the norm - being gay, having ginger hair, or displaying unusaul behaviour, will be dingled out by the 'pack' and taunted, mocked and harassed.

At the end of the day, they don't know any better, usually, and you have to tell yourself that while they're making you feel awful at the moment, at then end of the day they're usually the ones that end up less successful in life :wve:

corey01
19-01-09, 17:05
No, nothing major, but i guess everyone has been called names sometime in their life :/
Bullies are usally fat, ugly twats who are jealous:o

Laurencarter
19-01-09, 17:26
verbally and my self-esteem is still low because of it allthough it was over 7 years ago.

Candee Sparks
19-01-09, 17:30
You name it, I've gotten it. Still get verbal but nothing I can't handle.

Psychos'Я'Us
19-01-09, 17:31
Yep, verbal in middle school. But I never actually cared what other people said or thought about me, I just found them really sad and pathetic.

Gladous
19-01-09, 17:52
Yes, verbal

Last Thursday, a kid named Nate, (not Carbonek0051 :p) said that he hated fat people and then he pointed at me and said to me,"Including you!"

I kept repeating that in my head all day. It hurt me. :(

I sticked up for him when he came out to everybody, and he was made fun of, and this was his thank you in return?

:(

n00b raider
19-01-09, 17:52
Verbal, even though I forgot to vote it. These idiots kept calling me a B whenever I didn't do something they wanted me to in Grade 7 in middle school.
Bully: Tell Mr.T. we weren't gaming on our laptops. (Oh yeah, we each had one because our school was testing out a program for them. Too many people got through the firewalls though, and you guessed it, there was gaming gallore. The program was shut down)
Me: You tell him. Why should I?
Bully (hushed whisper): WTF *****!

Also there's this guy now (moved schools) that keeps poking fun at me because I have no friends at school.

Which leads me to Other.

It isn't specifically bullying, and it isn't over the Internetz, but it hurts just as much or more than being called a B.

For some reason every girl in my class doesn't seem to like me and ignores me. They all just go off in their own group at recess (elementary goes up to Grade 8 in the province I'm in now) or in projects, leaving me by myself. There are a couple of other girls in the same boat as me, except they're in Gr.7, and I don't really like them either. Both are just "off" in the social status, along with me. Neither do they seem to like each other. Which makes me think that even though we did nothing wrong to anyone in this class that we're just an uninteresting people to be around. Ouch. I think that only the one girl and I though realize this, so we try to keep out of everyone's way. The other is still fruitlessly trying to say hi to the cliquish whores (my opinion of them now, I didn't think so before, because they had given me my chance which I blew by doing nothing to anyone besides maybe not being interested in gossip).

Which makes us targets for the class idiot who thinks the world revolves around him, the girls don't bother defending us when they would each other, so they ignore us even more, which makes us the target for the guy and etc. etc. etc. until the end of the year.

School sucks. :pi:

Philio
19-01-09, 18:00
It's basic biology: competition and survival of the fittest. Any individual of any species is inherently programmed to 'hate' that which is different and to compete with their contemporaries for limited resources in their environment. Now that we, humans, have in effect grown as a species so that our evolution is more social than physical, our environmental and evolutionary pressures have changed as a result. Competition between adults is now based around the finding of jobs and housing. Obviously, children aren't exposed to these modern pressures and competition between them takes a different form. Young of any social species, such as us, are involved in direct competition between them and, always, those individuals that show signs of weakness or 'not towing the line' are singled out by others around them and 'tested' - although, more often singling them out results in their expulsion from the group or their death, benefitting the species in the long run by only ensuring the survival of the strongest individuals that are able to adhere to the strict social and biological constraints of that species' lifestyle. So, in human society, any child that shows any deviation from the norm - being gay, having ginger hair, or displaying unusaul behaviour, will be dingled out by the 'pack' and taunted, mocked and harassed.

At the end of the day, they don't know any better, usually, and you have to tell yourself that while they're making you feel awful at the moment, at then end of the day they're usually the ones that end up less successful in life :wve:Yeah, you're right. The bulliers don't know how much damage you can bring by someone.

Benguitar
19-01-09, 19:16
Yes, Yes and Yes.

Verbal from Father and Mother and well every girl I have ever liked.

Physical from Father and then at school from another student used to push me into walls and kick me.

Internet from kids that disliked me.

:\

KurtisLonely
19-01-09, 19:19
Yes, Verbal.
Yes, Physical.
Yes, Other.

all of those, unfortunately.. =(

Gladous
19-01-09, 19:21
Yes, Yes and Yes.

Verbal from Father and Mother and well every girl I have ever liked.

Physical from Father and then at school from another student used to push me into walls and kick me.

Internet from kids that disliked me.

:\

I think people who virtually bully someone, doesn't have a life, and so they take it out on random strangers.

It's quite pathetic if you ask me. :o

Benguitar
19-01-09, 19:26
I think people who virtually bully someone, doesn't have a life, and so they take it out on random strangers.

It's quite pathetic if you ask me. :o

Well they knew me in real life an disliked me, because I had a crush on her and he didn't like that I had a crush on her even though they weren't dating.

I agree with you.

Gladous
19-01-09, 19:33
Well they knew me in real life an disliked me, because I had a crush on her and he didn't like that I had a crush on her even though they weren't dating.

I agree with you.

It's still horrible to do that to someone. :(

It is almost as bad as getting a text message breakup. :o

Wolf Angel
19-01-09, 21:16
Yes I know someone who is a real two faced ***** and embarrassed me in front of people! :mad:

viper456
19-01-09, 21:22
I think a certain little twat just tried to bully me by getting a friend of his to add me to msn then add him along with 2 other people into the convo...but it failed...:S

But apparently I'm a no body....yet I must be a somebody in order for them to feel the need to add me in the first place :p Bullies = fail lmao

spikejones
19-01-09, 21:40
Yes physical. Because as a kid I was a skinny wimpy looking nerd, so I got kicked around for it.

me too.. throw short into the mix. as well as mom always wanting me to have a certain haircut that was inducive to the nerdy look. ugh.. some parents dont realize the hazing their kids get when they want their children to look like little princes and princesses.

oocladableeblah
19-01-09, 21:43
None that I can remember.

digitizedboy
19-01-09, 22:02
I'm going to tell the truth now, the bullying I experienced was awful. At school, in the last year while GCSEs. They would pick on me, while I walked home, the one guy spat at me and made references to religion. Jewish **** he said. :( Even though I'm not. :( School annoyed me, well the people did, it's probably why I failed miserably at the exams. :( I felt suicidal when I was 15, it was awful. :(

Larson_1988
20-01-09, 13:24
^ That is freaking disgusting to bully someone over religion in general! :mad: Bullying ruins lives! :(

I have been bullied too! Physically, verbally and a third way. :(

Buffy87
20-01-09, 13:40
Yep. Sadly. :(
Firstly back when I was in primary school - I was perhaps about 8-10. I used to have really bad teeth - not in the sense of yellow teeth or anything but they stuck out quite a bit - so Im sure you can imagine the names that went alongside that. I wore braces from the age of about 8 till I was 15 or so - various different types , fixed, night-time ones, removable ones and my teeth are better now.That said my mother had to argue with the dentist to give me braces at 8 or 9 because he said I was too young and didnt seem to think being bullied for it every day at school was a good enough reason to sort them out. Ah well. Although I have to say I'm exceptionally paranoid about my teeth "moving back out" as I put it - and also that they are not clean enough, they are too crooked etc.
Second time was in my second year of high school - one of my friends fell out with me and bullied me a little for a while. She was not a nice person really now I think about it. I complained to a teacher who spoke to em about it in front of some of my other classmates who then told the girl I had fallen out with that I was complaining about her and then nobody spoke to me for about 5 months.
Finally.. my last issue with "bullying" was not quite as bad being that Im 21 now and can handle it more but a girl at university became a bit stalker-ish with me. Always ringing , copying my dress, hairstyles , flirting with men I had dated/was interested in etc , and it bothered me. The final straw came when she wished my sister didn't exist so I wouldn't hang out with my sister over her one Easter vacation. Weird. Anyhow I distanced myself from her but my flatmates were friendly with her and she apparently said some untruths about me to them and it resulted in my flatmates not speaking to me for 6 months or so - not inviting me to parties in my own flat , inviting her round and standing outside my room mentioning how ugly I was , how stupid I was, how I didn't have a boyfriend so I MUST be a lesbian etc etc. Nice people. Thankfully they have moved out now and I no longer speak to this girl - well I made a pact to be civil with her for some mutual friends sake but apparently she hasn't the decency to do the same so I washed my hands of her.

That said - I hope that I've never made anybody feel like I was bullying them but I am not a perfect person and have probably being quite vindictive/petty to people in the past. I've never had anyone tell me or comment about me bullying someone.

Domino
20-01-09, 17:28
I still get verbal bullying, which kinda makes me angry and snappy towards others... but when I valm down I'm really nice. :)

Agent 47
20-01-09, 17:55
^ That is freaking disgusting! :mad: Bullying ruins lives! :(

I have been bullied too! Physically, verbally and a third way. :(

all forms of bullying are discusting, especially when you tell a teacher and the :cen: moron says "and what did you do to deserve it" erm how about simply being from another :cen: town, being the new kid :(

well, at 14 i had the last laugh when it was announced to the class that the main person who instigated my schooling hell had died in an accident. yes it sounds cold, but for a 14 year old i won't deny being somewhat relived that he couldn't do any more harm to me or his other victims. that was then though and wouldn't wish that outcome on anyone.

n00b raider
20-01-09, 17:59
Yep. Sadly. :(
Firstly back when I was in primary school - I was perhaps about 8-10. I used to have really bad teeth - not in the sense of yellow teeth or anything but they stuck out quite a bit - so Im sure you can imagine the names that went alongside that. I wore braces from the age of about 8 till I was 15 or so - various different types , fixed, night-time ones, removable ones and my teeth are better now.That said my mother had to argue with the dentist to give me braces at 8 or 9 because he said I was too young and didnt seem to think being bullied for it every day at school was a good enough reason to sort them out. Ah well. Although I have to say I'm exceptionally paranoid about my teeth "moving back out" as I put it - and also that they are not clean enough, they are too crooked etc.
Second time was in my second year of high school - one of my friends fell out with me and bullied me a little for a while. She was not a nice person really now I think about it. I complained to a teacher who spoke to em about it in front of some of my other classmates who then told the girl I had fallen out with that I was complaining about her and then nobody spoke to me for about 5 months.
Finally.. my last issue with "bullying" was not quite as bad being that Im 21 now and can handle it more but a girl at university became a bit stalker-ish with me. Always ringing , copying my dress, hairstyles , flirting with men I had dated/was interested in etc , and it bothered me. The final straw came when she wished my sister didn't exist so I wouldn't hang out with my sister over her one Easter vacation. Weird. Anyhow I distanced myself from her but my flatmates were friendly with her and she apparently said some untruths about me to them and it resulted in my flatmates not speaking to me for 6 months or so - not inviting me to parties in my own flat , inviting her round and standing outside my room mentioning how ugly I was , how stupid I was, how I didn't have a boyfriend so I MUST be a lesbian etc etc. Nice people. Thankfully they have moved out now and I no longer speak to this girl - well I made a pact to be civil with her for some mutual friends sake but apparently she hasn't the decency to do the same so I washed my hands of her.

That said - I hope that I've never made anybody feel like I was bullying them but I am not a perfect person and have probably being quite vindictive/petty to people in the past. I've never had anyone tell me or comment about me bullying someone.

That is absolutely disgusting. Seriously, I wouldn't be surprised that in how many months/years they're going to end alone, pregnant, jobless and possibily into drugs. That's what they deserve, anyway. I don't care whatever stupid problems they think they have, girls like that are total *****es and should preferably die in a hole.

I had a friend similar to that before I moved. She was homeschooled in a pretty well off family, so she had that kind of "attitude". Met her in Gr.6. and I was pretty much her only friend, then when we went to middle school, we met another girl who was not well off, and became friends with her. Then we met some guys and we all started hanging out. It was pretty nice, actually, because we had enough friends that we could lean on each other when **** happened.

Then said friend started, bit by bit, trying squeeze me out. Very subtly. She started copying my clothing style, and then started doing things a couple of days after I had, then started trying to take credit for some things and/or acting like she knew all about whatever I was doing when she just started. One time she even started cussing at me over a flash game that I was currently diddling at. Red flag, much? And she also got ****y at me whenever I told her to layoff and stop following on every website I go to because it's annoying. And if I asked her to show me something, she said that she didn't want to show me because
she was worried that I would copy her.

When I moved, I hadn't spoken to her very much because, quite frankly, I couldn't relate my current problems to her. And I had this guy friend that I was closer to in that sense. But anyways, we finally found each other on at the same time and started chatting. She said she wanted to tell me something, but it would make me mad so she didn't want to tell me. Being kind of gullible as I was, I said fire ahead and, surprise! She said she liked the guy I had been progressively getting closer to and that he liked her back. That was the final straw. It was a lie, but it still hurt like hell. Vindictive little...

Luckily, as far as I can tell, my friends out there are loyal as can be, as they saw through her and are no longer hanging out with her and she's stuck by her lonesome.

Anyways, I hope you can make it through this low point until they get what's coming.

*laralover*
20-01-09, 18:06
Yes i have been Verbaly bullied in School mostly and here and there. Most of the time it was my height as im small 5'3 but 5'1 back then so i used to get called all sorts of names like Smurf,Midget,Tiny,Teeny Tot :cen: some guys used to actually try and pick me up and others used to talk about my clothes size and saying i probably wasnt even wearing bras yet :rolleyes: The bullying died down in 4th year of high school as i became more *****y towards people :p Nowadays i dont get any Bullying when people ask my age and i tell them they are pretty shocked but then i get "well at least when your 40 you will look 20 years younger" :D College also was good too and people actually talked to me like a human being. I think bullying is pretty bad and children are just evil really :ton: but adults can be just as bad. Thankfully i havnt been physically bullied but i know my friend got beaten up a few times....

trXD
20-01-09, 21:18
Someone on this very forum said some horrible things about my friend who had passed away. He continued to upset me for days but i managed to break contact with him. I get sad thinking about it.

(it was via msn)

EDIT: What gets me really angry though. Is that person acts so nice and normal here, like a completely different person. And is even friends with some of my forum friends.

dcw123
20-01-09, 21:21
The worst thing that happened to me was when I was in 2nd year in High School (Yr8). One of them had the nerve to come to my classroom and tell the teacher I had to go to the reception, and the teacher made me go-even though i was a little weary (he was 2 yrs older than me)
I got so far away and rounded a corner..... and about 6 people were there.
It clicked in what had happened and I tried to turn and run, but they were faster. Got hit a lot of times and got struck in the temple, giving me a concusion later that week, and still gives me fainting problems.
I managed to get back to the classroom, dripping blood everywhere.
I went to the police and tried to get them all done for GBH, but I didn't know if I should, so I didn't.
Later on, they tried for me again coz I went to the police...:(
Some of the worst days in my life were at that school, its scarred me for life.

I COULD GO ON FOREVER WITH MORE, BUT WHATS THE POINT, NO-ONE WANTS TO KNOW ANYWAY RIGHT?

I have been taking my driving test for almost over 1 year now, and still haven't passed - coz I ddidn't have the confidence that I could do it:o
Getting there though, hopefully 1 more month and I'm done:ton:

TombRaiderLover
20-01-09, 21:24
Someone on this very forum said some horrible things about my friend who had passed away. He continued to upset me for days but i managed to break contact with him. I get sad thinking about it.

(it was via msn)

EDIT: What gets me really angry though. Is that person acts so nice and normal here, like a completely different person. And is even friends with some of my forum friends.

You have no right to bring up our problems on a public forum. :mad:

(joking, of course)

loser66
21-01-09, 00:15
Some days, it's "You have no friends." and "You suck."

Other days, people seem to like me...:confused:

Sir Croft
21-01-09, 01:13
No, I've never been a target of bullying but I've witnessed some cases.

God Horus
21-01-09, 01:15
I'm going to tell the truth now, the bullying I experienced was awful. At school, in the last year while GCSEs. They would pick on me, while I walked home, the one guy spat at me and made references to religion. Jewish **** he said. :( Even though I'm not. :( School annoyed me, well the people did, it's probably why I failed miserably at the exams. :( I felt suicidal when I was 15, it was awful. :(

OMG! That's terrible! :(

~Scorpio~
21-01-09, 01:18
All of them except No

MattTR
21-01-09, 02:04
Stupid Myspace gossip and drama before, one reason why I hate Myspace and deleted my old one.. I was stupid enough to make another though.. :rolleyes:

Whatever, it just goes in one ear, out the other.

If people talk crap about me know, just makes me more popular. :p

Paddy
21-01-09, 02:28
One thing worse then bullying is when people see it but dont try to get help or provide some.
Its a dog act to see people get bullied and just ignore it.
I been in situations where Id get picked on but other people didnt try to get a teacher or even help me at all, I was more annoyed at them then the bully and rightly so.

Julija
21-01-09, 14:17
yes physical.but my oponent get hurt to and was scared by school director .xd

TR93
21-01-09, 17:20
Stupid Myspace gossip and drama before, one reason why I hate Myspace and deleted my old one.. I was stupid enough to make another though.. :rolleyes:

Whatever, it just goes in one ear, out the other.

If people talk crap about me know, just makes me more popular. :p

That's why I only talk to people I know over myspace:D...My friends at school...and you Matty:hug:

Really being bullied...It made my confidence...Go up...because I learned to stand up for myself...and for my friends around me if they were bullied:):hug:

Logie 12 =]
21-01-09, 19:15
yup both

Buffy87
21-01-09, 20:02
That's why I only talk to people I know over myspace:D...My friends at school...and you Matty:hug:

Really being bullied...It made my confidence...Go up...because I learned to stand up for myself...and for my friends around me if they were bullied:):hug:

I agree with the confidence going up sentiments. Whenever the girl I had problems with called me ugly, stupid, have no friends or whatever I told myself that she was trying to make me feel bad because she was insecure in herself. And I decided that I have good friends, I am intelligent ( not in an egotistical way you understand :P) and whilst I am certainly no supermodel I am very happy with the way I look and in the end it made me a more secure person.

ajrich17901
21-01-09, 20:06

(it was via msn)

Thats beyond horrible..people should no better than to act that way.