PDA

View Full Version : Core Design's new game called Free Running?

vmj51
19-01-09, 10:40
I've heard of it, and I saw the gameplay. It's good!
The game is about Parkour, when lots of stuntmen or Traceurs (Correct spelling?) jump, run and anything you can do around buildings, stadiums, etc.

I saw in some articles that Core Design made the game when they were still under Eidos (Crystal Dynamics was making Legend back then) and now Core was sold to Rebellion.

I played the PSP version and I was angry because no recognition or credit at all was made to Core Design, I just saw Rebellion Inc and Reef Entertainment :mad:

Personally, I would think of it as Prince of Persia in modern games, or perhaps even a male counterpart of Lara Croft, since the environment, though small is VERY interactive. (Just like AOD's trademark "grab anything")

I invite you to watch these videos and say what do you think :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEz9hNSya2g&feature=related
also search other related videos for related content.
For me it's awesome. WHat do you think?

john_york
19-01-09, 10:45
I've heard of it, and I saw the gameplay. It's good!
The game is about Parkour, when lots of stuntmen or Traceurs (Correct spelling?) jump, run and anything you can do around buildings, stadiums, etc.

I saw in some articles that Core Design made the game when they were still under Eidos (Crystal Dynamics was making Legend back then) and now Core was sold to Rebellion.

I played the PSP version and I was angry because no recognition or credit at all was made to Core Design, I just saw Rebellion Inc and Reef Entertainment :mad:

Personally, I would think of it as Prince of Persia in modern games, or perhaps even a male counterpart of Lara Croft, since the environment, though small is VERY interactive. (Just like AOD's trademark "grab anything")

I invite you to watch these videos and say what do you think :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEz9hNSya2g&feature=related
also search other related videos for related content.
For me it's awesome. WHat do you think?

Core Design are Rebellion. (well, what's left of Core, anyway). Why would they be given credit under any other title?

vmj51
19-01-09, 10:50
Core Design are Rebellion. (well, what's left of Core, anyway). Why would they be given credit under any other title?

Rebellion is just like Eidos, a game publisher or something like that.
So you're saying that Tomb Raider Underworld should be only dedicated to Eidos, since Crystal Dynamics are Eidos? Core is under Rebellion, or at least that's what I think

john_york
19-01-09, 11:13
Rebellion is just like Eidos, a game publisher or something like that.
So you're saying that Tomb Raider Underworld should be only dedicated to Eidos, since Crystal Dynamics are Eidos? Core is under Rebellion, or at least that's what I think

No, Rebellion are developers, Reef are publishers. To compare to TRU - Rebellion = CD, Reef = Eidos.

Core are not 'under' Rebellion, Core no longer exist - they are Rebellion. To that extent, there's no way Core would be acknowledged in the game's credits, because there is no Core. The ex-Core employees that joined Rebellion and worked on Free Running were acknowledged and credited under the Rebellion moniker.

Rivendell
19-01-09, 11:32
Free Running is a great game. Got it last year, or the year before. Enjoyed it loads! It's so much fun and the controls really felt like a modern version of TR.
The game is essentially a Tony Hawks game without the board, scoring points by doing tricks.
Some great levels, and it's a good challenge.
This is the way Free Running is supposed to be done. Hint-hint Mirror's Edge ;)
:tmb:

Dingaling
19-01-09, 11:57
Just as a note, if you're in Europe (well, the UK at the least) you can download the PSP version of the game from the PSN Store :). It's 15.99 if you're interested.

da tomb raider!
19-01-09, 12:42
I played Free Running when I visited the UK last year. Really enjoyed myself, it has excellent controls, good level design and is a great challenge. :tmb:

Did Free Running use the same game engine Core's Anniversary Edition used?

john_york
19-01-09, 12:45

Apparently so.

RAID
19-01-09, 12:49
I played Free Running when I visited the UK last year. Really enjoyed myself, it has excellent controls, good level design and is a great challenge. :tmb:

Don't forget: great camera :)

vmj51
19-01-09, 12:49

I heard that they planned to use the camera and most of the animations in Core Design's unfinished game. :(

TombRaiderLover
19-01-09, 19:40
This game is sooooo good. If the next Tomb Raider had such variety of moves (and a similar camera system), I would be very happy indeed.

jaywalker
20-01-09, 09:06
Core became a part of the Rebellion group (sounds like a star wars plot).. The next title they worked on was Shellshock 2: Blood Trails. Out soon. This was their first next gen title ie PS3/360/PC title.