PDA

View Full Version : Battlefront III canned!

silver_wolf
19-01-09, 19:12
Well ****! According to this (http://ps3.ign.com/articles/946/946024p1.html) IGN interview, Star Wars Battlefront 3 is canceled, despite the awesomeness of the leaked footage. What really ****es me off is that they had all this great technology that won't be used because it's "too much work". Like how he says the ability to fly from the planet into space would have been replaced with a cutscene.:mad::cen::hea: This looked so good, too.

oocladableeblah
19-01-09, 19:15
Sucks that Free Radical is gone they were awesome devs. Sure they had only one game that sucked, but still the ts series what ****ing awesome.

TombRaiderLover
19-01-09, 19:18
Wow, that sucks.

Psst . . . does anybody have a link to the leaked footage?

Carbonek_0051
19-01-09, 19:21
Well ain't that just awsome.:rolleyes:

Pandemic stop being douches and please go back to battlefront. -_-

daventry
19-01-09, 19:44
This Website got the leaked footage. http://www.swbattlefront.net/

http://kotaku.com/5131846/leaked-star-wars-battlefront-3-gameplay-footage?skyline=true&s=i

Pandemic made Lord of the Rings Conquest, im still waiting. :p

Smog
19-01-09, 19:47
In the words of Obi-Wan himself:

"I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened."

Carbonek_0051
19-01-09, 20:03
In the words of Obi-Wan himself:

"I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened."

:vlol:

Benguitar
19-01-09, 20:17
in the words of obi-wan himself:

"i felt a great disturbance in the force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened."

Perfect!

daventry
19-01-09, 20:25
Im going around Websites and Forum Boards to see if this is true, but it looks like SW BF3 might happen, it doesent look like its been cancelled. Cross your Fingers and hope its not Cancelled. :(

silver_wolf
20-01-09, 00:10
I don't know if I want it to happen now. From what I read it sounds like what we'd get would be nothing like the leaked footage.

Dia2blo
20-01-09, 02:31
I'm gonna cry :(

petujaymz
20-01-09, 13:03
john_york reckons Rebellion (http://www.rebellion.co.uk/) have taken on the project...

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=144678

Personally, I think SWBIII will go ahead. :)

However; it'll bomb unless I'm brought in as some kind of consultant.

End of...

SWBII was a disaster imo.

:wve:

daventry
20-01-09, 14:56
SWBF2 was a Horrible Game, those Lazy Designers took PS2 Graphics and plastered it on the PC, even the Controls were horrible. GIVE ME BACK MY MONEY LUCAS ARTS. :mad:

SWBF1 were Awsome and Brilliant, lets hope Lord of the Rings Conquest is ok. :(

john_york
20-01-09, 14:58
Reading the article, I think that it is being worked on by Rebellion (no comment usually = yes). Optimism may not be misplaced in this case. <crosses fingers>

ggctuk
14-02-09, 20:57
Either Rebellion or Pandemic, who have listed "Project X" on their website.

silver_wolf
14-02-09, 21:16
Either way, it won't be as good as it could have been.

ggctuk
14-02-09, 21:26
No, I know. But it can at least be better than both 1 and 2 combined. 2 wasn't bad, just missing too much - ie maps (which got restored on the PC version in a conversion pack)

ggctuk
13-06-10, 18:43
Well, I feel it is time to review this whole sorry mess that calls itself Battlefront III, regardless of the fact it's been about a year since this last topic was posted in.

In early 2009, footage of a Battlefront game is leaked out on the internet, bearing the Free Radical logos. The game featured a playable character aside from the standard units, and also featured things like space-to-ground (seamlessly, I might add), and it featured some good planets including Tatooine, Naboo, Coruscant and other locales, as well as natives (something absent from Renegade Squadron).

This game was cancelled and the parcel passed to Rebellion Stuidos, who cannibalized that game and turned it into "Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron", which missed out much of the awesome seen in the leaked footage. Since then artwork of the game has appeared, including artwork for an alleged "Star Wars: Battlefront IV".

After that, we heard news of Battlefront Online, to be developed by Slant Six Games, the studio behind SOCOM. However, this game was binned after Slant Six informed LucasArts that they couldn't meet the 2010 deadline.

News on the front has been fairly quiet until recently. An alleged list of E3 announcement games incldued Battlefront III. But the list was later proven fake by Kotaku. A program was created that 'spies' on GameSpy game servers, and on May 14 2010, a user named SG-17 discovered lobbies for Star Wars: Battlefront III. THis lead to speculation LucasArts may unveil it sometime over the next week at E3 2010.

Catracoth
13-06-10, 20:01
Oh, they were making a third one? I thought they were just polishing up the second one and calling it the third like they did with the first one.

Carbonek_0051
13-06-10, 20:08
News on the front has been fairly quiet until recently. An alleged list of E3 announcement games incldued Battlefront III. But the list was later proven fake by Kotaku. A program was created that 'spies' on GameSpy game servers, and on May 14 2010, a user named SG-17 discovered lobbies for Star Wars: Battlefront III. THis lead to speculation LucasArts may unveil it sometime over the next week at E3 2010.

Well here's to hoping, I would really love if they didn't completely get rid of BIII, if they do plan on making BIII I hope it's like the leaked trailer, because I would hate to see them change anything from what could have been an amazing entry to the series.

ggctuk
13-06-10, 20:13
Oh, they were making a third one? I thought they were just polishing up the second one and calling it the third like they did with the first one.

Nope, unlike BF2, which was made by Pandemic (who also created BF1), BFIII was to be created by Free Radical. It's pretty much why they went under, apparently. So it wouldn't have been made using ZeroEngine. It's not clear the engine FR would have used but the tech for seamless ground-to-space died when they left the project.

BFIII won't be the same as the leaked footage as that got worked into Elite Squadron.