PDA

View Full Version : Pet Peeves

Pan
19-01-09, 21:04
Rightyho,

I want to know your pet peeves, what rattles you cage, what puts a bee in your bonnet, what makes you see red, what, in short, annoys you the most?

So - what gets your goat?

I'll start:

Bad Grammar :mad:

Rivendell
19-01-09, 21:06
People who don't indicate on roundabouts. Or acknowledge you if you have to pull in and let them pass in narrow roads.

VonCroy360
19-01-09, 21:10
People who chew their gum really loud and people who chew with their mouths open. Ugh.

Pan
19-01-09, 21:10
Just people not indicating in general!

da tomb raider!
19-01-09, 21:12

Same hre

Rivendell
19-01-09, 21:14
Overuse of "lol" :p

Quasimodo
19-01-09, 21:15
Flagrant use of smileys, quoting a huge post to type a one-line reply. Oh, and quoting a post just to say "I uhgree one hunded purcent!!1!hur :p :D :tea: :wve:"

Joely-Moley
19-01-09, 21:20
People not signalling at roundabouts
Ignorance
Intolerance
Liars

hera7days
19-01-09, 21:32
Heck yes. I especially can't stand when people say "there is" or "there's" when they should say "there are." It happens all the freaking time.
quoting a huge post to type a one-line reply.
I concur, and would also like to add my hatred for the quoting of image heavy posts.

Quasimodo
19-01-09, 21:34
I concur, and would also like to add my hatred for the quoting of image heavy posts.

I know! In some threads you can skip pages by twos and and threes and still be confident you didn't miss anything.

Pan
19-01-09, 21:46
Heck yes. I especially can't stand when people say "there is" or "there's" when they should say "there are." It happens all the freaking time.

Or people who put "My Photo's" because "My Photos" doesn't look right

People who don't look at you when you talk to them

Quasimodo
19-01-09, 21:56
Mixing up "then" and "than"

Wrong: "I picked up the dry cleaning, than went home."
Right: "I picked up the dry cleaning, then went home."

ajrich17901
19-01-09, 21:59
Stuck up people is my no.1 pet peeve i cannot stand people who are stuck up.

TRhalloween
19-01-09, 21:59
Flagrant use of smileys, quoting a huge post to type a one-line reply. Oh, and quoting a post just to say "I uhgree one hunded purcent!!1!hur :p :D :tea: :wve:"

But what if you do agree with them? Would you have to repeat their entire post?:tea:

My pet peeves:
1.The ":wve:" smiley.
It's used in unrelated situations that don't include saying 'hello' or 'bye' e.g "Your mom is a slut :wve:"

2.People who quote people as being illiterate just to make themselves seem right and the other person stupid.

3.Ignorant people

Quasimodo
19-01-09, 22:03
But what if you do agree with them?

Nod, smile, resist the urge to up your post count? Or elaborate on why you agree.

*After the number of posts here on the topic, I'm glad roundabouts are quite rare where I live.

Voni
19-01-09, 22:04
1. The not signalling at roundabouts thing. THE INDICATOR STICK IS RIGHT THERE, YOU LAZY $*^"!!!
2. Rudeness. I cannot STAND it. There's no need to be rude, grrrrrrr...
3. Uptight and/or stuck up people. Chill out! Life's too short.

:BitterSweet:
19-01-09, 22:07

I uhgree one hunded purcent!!1!hur :p :D :tea: :wve:
:p

As for me my numero uno pet peeve are people who:

-Complain constantly
-Spelling mistakes (Though I may be one of those people :o)
-People who judge things/people without getting to know them. (I do this sometimes too :o)

Well that's all I can think of at the top of my head at the moment. :p

Pan
19-01-09, 22:22
I know this is kind of ironic BUT:

People who whine or complain too much

People who don't know when to use who and when to use whom.

Night Crawler
19-01-09, 22:29
Old people. They smell of urine and try to mow you down on mobility scooters, they also like to team up in crouded places and walk very slow in a line so you are either forced to walk at a snails pace behind them, glaring angrily at the back of their heads or crawl under their legs. One old woman nearly poisoned me once with the stench of her hair, I think she left a perming kit in or something but my eyes were watering and I was forced to sit behind her on the bus. I was tempted to spark my lighter but the whole bus would have gone up, not just her hair.

jamieoliver22
19-01-09, 22:29

I agree.

People using your and you're incorrectly.
People using borrow and leant the wrong way around.
People using taught and learnt incorrectly.

People using text language when it is completely unnecessary, just to allow them to stop typing one extra letter... :pi: Things like "4rm" instead of "from" and "m8"... I mean, come on. I can understand in texts because of character limits, but on emails/IMs/forums, it is just annoying.

I'm not the best at grammar/spelling myself, but things like that still bug me.

Gabi
19-01-09, 22:31
Apart from some that already have been mentioned, it drives me mad when people use "should of" instead of "should have". Not only is it grammatically wrong, it makes no ****ing sense.

Night Crawler
19-01-09, 22:34
Oh yeah, another one of my pet peeves is people who are anal about grammar like the two above. ;)

Gabi
19-01-09, 22:37
Oh yeah, another one of my pet peeves is people who are anal about grammar like the two above. ;)
:ton:

john_york
19-01-09, 22:40
People who don't indicate on roundabouts. Or acknowledge you if you have to pull in and let them pass in narrow roads.

People who chew their gum really loud and people who chew with their mouths open. Ugh.

Absolutely to all the above!

Add: people who push in line at the bus stop, people who take up seats on buses/trains with their bags and the stupid stupid woman in Leeds I have to work with at the moment. Nothing in particular, just everything about her!

TRhalloween
19-01-09, 22:58

That probably annoys me more than people who make spelling mistakes lol

MiCkiZ88
19-01-09, 23:27
People who never seem to be satisfied in anything and think they are above everyone else. Fail to satisfy them and you're an pathetic looser.
Arrogance.
Stubborn people.
People who can't admit they are wrong/think they are always right in everything.

Geck-o-Lizard
19-01-09, 23:33
I have OCD for spelling, grammar and punctuation. :\

People who don't know when to use "there", "their" and "they're"; "your" and "you're"
People who think they know how to use "who" and "whom"; "will" and "shall" and do so erroneously
People who "could care less" when they really couldn't
ppl wot rite lik dis
People who use elipses... after every comment... to make it sound... thoughtful...
Unnecessary apostrophe's
Commas used, where they aren't needed
The word "colorize"

oocladableeblah
19-01-09, 23:44
People who think they are so "cool" and above everyone.
People who just act like total dicks to everyone (pretty much the same thing as the above)

"Bros" or however you spell it the people with the kahki shorts, long black sock, skater shoes, black t-shirts, sunglasses, and a hat. I don't hate their clothes, but they all seem to act the same and they think they are so tough.

Gangsters and the way they act is just annoying and **** me off.

People who don't pay attention in class, but they take the tests and do good on them just because they are good test takers. My friend is like that, he has never studied for a test in his life and he gets good grades on them it ****es me off so much.

iamlaracroft
19-01-09, 23:47
I reserve quite a fair bit of passionate hatred for those who butcher the English language, especially when they make up words that don't even exist, such as:

"Guesstimate"
"Quantify"
"Acrosst"
"Nuculer"
"conversate"

The list goes on.
I also can't stand excessive use of exclamation and question marks!!!
Especially one is incorrectly used instead of the other!!! Such as now? This often accompanies poor grammar!! And poor spelling??

These also drive me nuts: "thankx" or "thanxs"
"cux" (wtf??) instead of "cuz" instead of "because"
"4rm". Seriously? 4 is spelled f-o-u-r. If you add "rm", that does not make "from". It makes "fourrm". :cen:

Candee Sparks
19-01-09, 23:48
Mine, even though it's extremely self-centered-ish sounding is, that I can't stand eye makeup colors that don't match. I feel awful about it and I've gone to the point where I've offered to do people's right at the counter without telling them why.

I feel awful about it. :(

irjudd
19-01-09, 23:51
I share the sentiments of everyone that has brought up bad grammar or poor spelling.

I also hate the sound of a southern accent. Like south of the Mason Dixon kind of southern.

"Y'all orta warsh theyum thar clawthz tee-uhl thay're clayne."

Lara Coft Baby
20-01-09, 03:38
Lets see my pet peeves

1) People that don't use Common Sense. Every one has it but not every one seems to wanna use it. And it drives me insane.

2) Mean comments/Spam: Now hasn't your mother ever taught you if you have nothing nice to say dont say it at all? Whats up with spam and mean comments? They are only there to annoy the poop out of every one else.

3) Self centered people always worrying about them self's and them self only.

4) People moving my stuff. Coming into my room and moving my stuff around and not putting it back. Annoying

5) Cheating is also a pet peeve dont think i gotta get into why. lol

6) People making me feel guilty. Thats all I gotta say.

Ikas90
20-01-09, 03:44
Bull****. I hate it when something bad happens without any logical explanation to it. Eg; when I suck at English when it is my native language.

Here's another example. When things like this happen to me:
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=144946

hera7days
20-01-09, 04:05
I reserve quite a fair bit of passionate hatred for those who butcher the English language, especially when they make up words that don't even exist, such as:

"Guesstimate"
"Quantify"
"Acrosst"
"Nuculer"
"conversate"

I don't really mind making up words, but I can't stand "acrosst" and "nuculer" because mispronunciation is another pet peeve of mine. It's not "nuculus", so why would it be "nuculer"? Other bad ones include supposably/supposively, heighth, asterix, and ecsetera.

Back to that popular topic of grammar, what annoys me more than other people's bad grammar, is my own. I know the difference between they're, their, and there. I know when to use each one. Yet I still find myself typing or writing too quickly and using the wrong ones. (Fortunately, I usually manage to spot these mistakes, but they shouldn't happen at all!)

CerebralAssassin
20-01-09, 04:19
1.*****ing
2.moaning
3.nagging
4.how some people think they are always right...:rolleyes:

1.The ":wve:" smiley.
It's used in unrelated situations that don't include saying 'hello' or 'bye' e.g "Your mom is a slut :wve:"

yeah I agree...that smiley is really an evil smiley in disguise!besides it being used in places it shouldn't be,I really view it as a "sarcastic" smiley :p

Mad Tony
20-01-09, 06:04
Besides the ones that have already been mentioned, I also find conspiracy theorists incredibly annoying. It's often impossible to have an intelligent conversation with one and they're often completely nuts. I also can't stand people who treat an opinion as if it is fact.

Pan
20-01-09, 07:28
Shall and will, should and would, who and whom, less and few.

The most annoying forum peeve is when people but 'teh' instead of 'the', I'm OK with a bit of lolspeak, but in context only.

Nefertiti_89
20-01-09, 08:36

Hear Hear!

And...

People who don't realise what they've said contradicts their point
Idiots who come to my work, and upon hearing that we've sold out of some sale item, proceed to abuse me for the fact that they live 3 hours away and failed to call and ask if we had the item in stock before they left on this special trip to get the afore mentioned item.
People who make up their own words, or blend two words in a failed form of contraction that then makes them sound stupid, eg. "yous" instead of "you guys"
The people in horror movies who think going upstairs is the best way to get away from the monster, or ghost, or axe murderer chasing them.
People who don't research the topic they are debating before making a sweeping statement
People who play the "your mum" card when fighting with their siblings
Dumb****s that after purchasing something (eg. a rucksack), beep at the security doors and do not come back to the counter when I call them so that I can remove/deactivate a tag. They then call some time later complaining that there is a hard tag on their rucksack and they live too far away to come back and get it taken off and think there is something I can do about it. Sort it out yourself or COME BACK WHEN I ASK YOU TO DILLHOLE!

And my number one pet peeve that I can't stand above all the other things that have ever annoyed me...

PEOPLE WHO CHEW WITH THEIR MOUTH OPEN AND/OR SPEAK WITH FOOD IN THEIR MOUTH!!!!

Accept in the case where the flu is present and they do this to breathe...but ONLY if they cover their mouth to do so, I dont want to see your masticated dinner while I'm trying to eat mine. Learn some manners you grot.

Keir_Eidos
20-01-09, 09:36

I agree, that is truly annoying.

My main online pet peeve is a type of troll which is played by the kind of person you'd think should know better. Normally middle aged, always male, intelligent, able to form sentences and capatalise; they're good at structuring arguments on a forum. They make it their hobby to post belligerently and stir trouble, predominantly in a passive aggressive manner.

I think it's normally caused by some deficiency in their personal life (overbearing partner, problem with offspring, boring career, etc) which makes them seek a feeling of control and boosted status online (often by winning arguments with younger posters, or gaining the support of children). I surmise it's a form of escapism for them. I've seen it a few times in different communities, it's tiresome and pretty sad. They should take up a more constructive hobby like knitting or something :D

Pan
20-01-09, 09:48
Hahahaha, exactly!!! A 45 year old enjoying winning arguments over 16 year olds!

Neteru
20-01-09, 10:02
My main online pet peeve is ... should take up a more constructive hobby like knitting or something :DLOL Mentioning no names of course. Hmm.

I think I have too many peeves to list.

Nefertiti_89
20-01-09, 10:05
I forgot one...

The Brand Power lady....she always seems to advertise products that really do suck!

Lara's Backpack
20-01-09, 10:14
I forgot one...

The Brand Power lady....she always seems to advertise products that really do suck!

What's worse is that ****ing "nappy san" chick that pops up on the screen after the kid asks how washing powder can "actively seek out steins"... and she doesn't answer the question at all. I get fully obsessive compulsive about that, into the shark tank with her too!

Quasimodo
20-01-09, 10:29

My main online pet peeve is a type of troll which is played by the kind of person you'd think should know better. Normally middle aged, always male, intelligent, able to form sentences and capatalise; they're good at structuring arguments on a forum. They make it their hobby to post belligerently and stir trouble, predominantly in a passive aggressive manner.

I think it's normally caused by some deficiency in their personal life (overbearing partner, problem with offspring, boring career, etc) which makes them seek a feeling of control and boosted status online (often by winning arguments with younger posters, or gaining the support of children). I surmise it's a form of escapism for them. I've seen it a few times in different communities, it's tiresome and pretty sad. They should take up a more constructive hobby like knitting or something :D
My drama hound ears have been perked. *snort*

What if one is already a fairly proficient knitter and still likes to stir the pot? (fo' sho!)

Keir_Eidos
20-01-09, 10:34
My drama hound ears have been perked. *snort*

You drama llama http://e.deviantart.com/emoticons/l/llama.gif

TRhalloween
20-01-09, 11:32

I'll buy you a sewing kit.

Make a nice little jumper.

touchthesky
20-01-09, 11:42
Mine are all small things but they right rat me off.

-When someone constantly itches themselves. Like, they sit there on the bus/train whatever and just won't move their hand off their belly/head/leg whatever for itching it.
-Constant sniffling...USE A TISSUE! This is worse when you're somewhere like the cinema or in an exam.
-People who snort up their snot and then spit it out. Ew.
-When you say excuse me to someone and they ignore you. You repeat it, and end up having to like..budge past. They look so offended but what on earth?!
-People who stand in the street having a mothers meeting and look as though you've just shot them down when you ask them to move.
-People who are so sucked into their own subculture that they refuse to accept that things from other "groups" is good.
-Skin rubbing together...Oh noes!!!!!!
-The sound of nail clippers.

I'll stop.

petujaymz
20-01-09, 13:32
New one...

The Embedding Disabled By Request message on youtube.

:wve:

Neteru
20-01-09, 13:46
New one...

:wve:Actually, what annoys me about that is the amount of members who post clips and don't even bother to note this before doing so. Like it's so very difficult to glance to the right.

TRhalloween
20-01-09, 13:47
New one...

:wve:

You must see that all the time with all the SF clips you upload :p

Logie 12 =]
20-01-09, 13:55
people who continue too say a joke.
WHEN ITS NOT FUNNY.

VonCroy360
20-01-09, 14:04
Hahahaha, exactly!!! A 45 year old enjoying winning arguments over 16 year olds!

There's this 35-year-old in my French class (the rest of us are 16 and 17) and he has this rude smirk he puts on every time one of us doesn't know something. He attended these classes twice as long as I have, and we're still the same level. Shouldn't I be the one to smirk? So annoying.

Nefertiti_89
20-01-09, 14:34
-When you say excuse me to someone and they ignore you. You repeat it, and end up having to like..budge past. They look so offended but what on earth?!

Omg I can't believe I forgot about those people!

And on the note of moving and such, I also hate the people that expect me to know that they want to change into my lane on the motorway WHEN THEY DON'T INDICATE!!! These same dillholes then procede to barp me, flip me off, and - I presume - scream expletives at me. I'm sorry f-tard but I CAN'T READ YOUR ****ING MIND!!!:cen:

Then theres the twat that is tailing me (again on the motorway) so close that I can see the coffee stains on his teeth when he says the F word because, in spite of the fact I'm already 15km over the speed limit, I'm still not going fast enough for him (and yes it is ALWAYS a him, and I ALWAYS do at least 10km over the limit). Hey **** face, I'm already going 120kmph and I'm on my Provisionals, AND I am only one speeding fine away from losing my liscense, so, if you don't like my speed CHANGE ****ING LANES!!!:cen:

Dickwad drivers are definitely another peeve of mine, and a BIG one.

I really do have quite a big problem with road rage...it is quite shocking...perhaps I need help? :o

Agent 47
20-01-09, 14:40
i have no pet peeves :(

hang on, REMAKES annoy me, does that count? or the dumbing down of established franchises?

Neteru
20-01-09, 15:05
Thanks to the Which song thread, I'm reminded of another. When there's yet another song in which the 'singers' are clearly using an emulator. :hea:

Drone
20-01-09, 15:11
people saying the same darn things every ****ing day

Smog
20-01-09, 15:13
Men who wear shorts. Except for Steve Irwin, but he's dead.

Pan
20-01-09, 15:30
Sandals and socks and...CROCS they are soooo stupid!!!!

Trigger_happy
20-01-09, 15:41
And on the note of moving and such, I also hate the people that expect me to know that they want to change into my lane on the motorway WHEN THEY DON'T INDICATE!!! These same dillholes then procede to barp me, flip me off, and - I presume - scream expletives at me. I'm sorry f-tard but I CAN'T READ YOUR ****ING MIND!!!:cen:

Oh My God yes! People who don't use the indicators gives me such rage- I always beep them, or just give them disdain out of the windows if I'm feeling lazy.

Joely-Moley
20-01-09, 17:16
Thought of some more

-When people insult you, then say ďjust kiddingĒ Itís like, no you werenít otherwise we would both be laughing.
-When people touch my hair.
-When people in front of you are walking really slowly.

Quasimodo
20-01-09, 17:17
-When people insult you, then say “just kidding” It’s like, no you weren’t otherwise we would both be laughing.
Totally. It's like "Yeah...nice cover :rolleyes:"

touchthesky
20-01-09, 17:33
Me and my boyfriend were just speaking about how annoying it is when you are in a shop and there is one person at the tills, a big huge line, and two or three people stood, arms folded, chatting.

Also, I hate it when you ask for help from someone in a shop and they make you feel rubbish, like you're totally not worth their help.

Most.Evident.In.Tesco.

xRikux89
20-01-09, 17:41
I agree somewhat on bad grammar. But from what others already posted in this thread, I know I certainly never remember to use "whom" instead of "who". :p I also spell both "its" and "it's", two which should be distinct, uniformly as "it's".

On these forums in particular, I find it... Well, funny actually, how just about no one seems to know how to spell "bought". It's not unusual at all to read how someone "brought" a game the other day. :p

Pan
20-01-09, 17:41
Just think how pathetic they are for thinking they're better than you when they're the one working in a supermarket! :p

touchthesky
20-01-09, 17:47
Just think how pathetic they are for thinking they're better than you when they're the one working in a supermarket! :p

Well I wouldn't mind usually but I went through self-checkout today and it was a DVD so it had to be age-checked. It was a 12 lol (I'm 18) and the woman seemed bothered that I had asked her over. Then it came up as £5 and the actual DVD said £3. So I told her and she kept looking me up and down, eventually she sighed her way to the help bit and changed the price.
I think if my boyfriends Mum hadn't been with me she'd have thought I was trying to fix the price so I was paying less.

Gr.

Lavinder
20-01-09, 18:00
-Skin rubbing together...Oh noes!!!!!!

Sex is off the menu then :ton:..

touchthesky
20-01-09, 18:01
Sex is off the menu then :ton:..

Haha that I can deal with, it's when folk rub their bare feet together! *Criiinge*

Betal
20-01-09, 18:05
People who complains on peoples English or english grammar and simply don't care that they doesn't have it as a first language.

I didn't start to read English until I was 11. 1 hour once a week. Ofcourse my english spelling and grammar isn't the best.

That REALLY annoys me.

bivvy
20-01-09, 18:19
Stuck ups with the 'my poo doesn't stink' attidude.

And folks that point and prod if your grammar isn't flawless.

Braces pain.

Backstabbers...

And um, what else? Oh yes...

POTATOES THAT ARE NOT PROPERLY COOKED. >:(

Neteru
20-01-09, 18:19
I also spell both "its" and "it's", two which should be distinct, uniformly as "it's".

This is not incorrect. I've had this debate with people before. It is a matter of convention alone.

Anyway, I'm reminded of something else I see quite often on this forum:

I could care less. :hea:

I couldn't care less.

EmeraldFields
20-01-09, 18:20
To be honest, I'm pretty chill. Even if something does bother me, I blow it off.

xRikux89
20-01-09, 18:25
^^ Ah, I thought that because they can be distinct, they'd also have to be. Well, in that case, I suppose my English is god-sent perfection. :whi: (not)

"I could care less." is also something that throws me off every time I see it.

I also hate it when someone discusses the game named "Tomb Raider: Legends". :ton:

dream raider
20-01-09, 19:26
To be honest, I'm pretty chill. Even if something does bother me, I blow it off.

Same here, actually. ;)

Ada the Mental
20-01-09, 23:44
- Creepy perverts sitting accross you at the subway, staring at you and making disgusting faces.
- People who stand over your shoulder and watch when you're doing something.
- My brother.
- People going through my stuff. Grrrr.
- Everything everyone else here has already mentioned about bad spelling, plus "spoiliers" and "villian".

Anyway, I'm reminded of something else I see quite often on this forum:

I could care less. :hea:

I couldn't care less.

^ That annoys me so much, it makes absolutely no sense. :confused:

oocladableeblah
20-01-09, 23:58
Yes people who don't use blinkers are so annoying.
Also people who decide to turn right and they don't get all the way into the right turn lane so I have to slow down just so that person can turn. If they were fully in the lane I could go by them with ease, but no they have to cause traffic.

iamlaracroft
21-01-09, 06:04
I may be totally alone on this, but I really dislike when people give their pets human names.

A dog named Jake or a cat named Amber is just...creepy.

Whatever happened to descriptive, ridiculous names like Killer or Kujo, Chaos or Bruiser?

Hm?

My dog's names growing up were: Gizmo, Psycho, T-Bone, Alf, Aldo Cella...

:D

Tyrannosaurus
21-01-09, 09:00
^^ I have a newt named Molly, but I named her when I was 10, and she's still alive.

My other newts are Angillas (after one of Godzilla's friends), Kieran (because it means "dark-skinned warrior", so it's appropriate for this critter), and Haun-ti (after the Chinese god of war).

Now as far as pet peeves go . . .

Trucks on the highway within 100 feet of me.

TR love
21-01-09, 11:26
People who invade my personal bubble. Unfortunatly i have a friend (well more like a second resort coz my friends are in orther classes) Who leans into me, If sharing work she leans even closer to me until i scream "BUBBLE!" its happened alot...really makes me grouchy the rest of the day.

and when im grouchy, everything annoys me:hea:

CerebralAssassin
21-01-09, 11:34
People who invade my personal bubble. Unfortunatly i have a friend (well more like a second resort coz my friends are in orther classes) Who leans into me, If sharing work she leans even closer to me until i scream "BUBBLE!" its happened alot...really makes me grouchy the rest of the day.

and when im grouchy, everything annoys me:hea:

not having toilet paper doesn't annoy you?:p

TR love
21-01-09, 11:49

Oh yes, that drives me over the edge!

TRhalloween
21-01-09, 13:43

Oh yes, that drives me over the edge!

Well, in that situation you just need to use your han- I mean, your head!

Pan
22-01-09, 21:25
how crude

Feather Duster
22-01-09, 21:44
Ugh, one is multiple people talking at once.

I came to my cousins school to watch her do her Greece presentation, and the whole class (of 8, AP reading) was babbling once she finished, it was driving me insane!

Another is time wasters

Being used (e.g. "HELP ME!" "Can you do this for me?")

Well, in that situation you just need to use your han- I mean, your head!

Lol.

♪When you're sittin' on the john and all the toilet paper's gone... be a man *click click* use your hand♪

Found that from a friend :vlol:

Shrantellatessa
22-01-09, 23:44
:mad: Stereotypes :hea:

MattTR
23-01-09, 00:35
^Hm, yeah those are annoying, but they're meant to be (I think?) :p

Anyways, my biggest Pet Peeve is probably who act dumb or stupid on purpose for attention, like asking a question they already know.. argh, so annoying! All for attention.. :rolleyes:

xx_Hunt_xx
23-01-09, 00:45
People who talk over you in middle of a conversation.

People who moan over spellings and grammer online not knowing if the other person has dyslexic or does not have English as first language.

Guys who get a cold and think its the end of the world, they end up in bed for a week. Try being a girl and having period pains AND then going to work and not complaining because its part of life for a girl.

Grinding of teeth

Getting loads of money then spending it and not knowing what i bought.

Sir Croft
23-01-09, 01:12
Picky people.

Quasimodo
23-01-09, 01:15
I may be totally alone on this, but I really dislike when people give their pets human names.

What about little old lady names like Maggie and Daisy?:o

patriots88888
23-01-09, 01:22

Could you please elaborate on that for me please. I named my kitten Petey, as somewhat of a tribute to Pete Townshend of my favorite R&R band "The Who". To each their own, but what is so "creepy" about it? :confused:

Shrantellatessa
23-01-09, 01:25
^Hm, yeah those are annoying, but they're meant to be (I think?) :p

They really are when you're Arab and Muslim ;)

What also annoys me are evil (why do you hurt people, why?!), fanatic (be it for an idea, a religion, a game, or even a fruit), childish (grow up, dude), selfish (who think they are the center of the world; example: they stop the whole group in the middle of the road because they want to answer a call or fix their hair), rude/impolite, superficial (who think life is about make up, money, perfumes, "fashion" and TV shows), heartless (who don't care about other people's suffering), ignorant (who follow some nonesense and harmful tribal or social rituals), boastful (who love to brag about their stuff, even knowledge), too pessimistic, unhelpful, always-ranting, money-wasting, and nose-cleaning specimens.

voltz
18-02-09, 03:06
Winter conditions with ice on the sidewalk - driveway.

People who speed around others in tight traffic.

Quasimodo
18-02-09, 03:09
When the person next to you eats crisps during a movie.
COWMP CRUNCH CRUNCH COWMP
I can't hear a damned thing they're saying! I'm going to glare at you until you see my dirty look out of the corner of your eye and get the message.

EmeraldFields
18-02-09, 03:10
People who walk slowly. I'm on a mission, so you need to MOVE!
Having a teacher that is incapable of teaching.
Friends who constantly whine about how ugly they are.
Being rick rolled after clicking on a link. (Although I should probably know better)

:)

Tihocan9
18-02-09, 03:17
Being rick rolled after clicking on a link. (Although I should probably know better)

I agree with all of these, I hate it when i am in school and I have to get to the opposite end of it (and I am in a pretty big and spread out school) and I have 2 minutes and people clog up the hallway and are slow. I hate wasting my time in a class that I don't learn anything in its a waste of my time and tax payers dollars.

Immortalis08
18-02-09, 03:35

1. I just push them out of the way, if someone is too self centered to be walk without a care in the world they don't deserve my respect. :p Nah, but I do try to step ahead of them as courteous as possible.

2. Try having one who hasn't taught in 20 years and is incapable of operating a computer...in a computer database class. :pi:

3. I know seriously, its even worse when they intentionally do to fish for compliments. In addition, people are ugly because they themselves feel ugly. Try feeling beautiful and confident; it makes a difference.

4. Don't trust anything.

mau3genius
18-02-09, 04:40
I'm thinking of...

1. When someone quotes a gigantic post to say "Hey I agree :tmb:". **** that, I don't see the need in stating you agree or disagree on something If you're not going to elaborate your POV.
2. People taking obliging compliments as truth (when sometimes, they're not). For example: "Oh, that tentacle in your face is nothing to worry about, and you're not that fat either" "I know. The tentacle suits me, and the weight is pure muscle". WTF?
3. Drama queens. "Oh I'm so sad, everything's falling apart" Get over it. Don't dwell it on my face to see If I go all sad with you.
4. Sensitive people. When you try to give a constructive opinion and you get a "Jeez this is my first try :rolleyes:". So why you asked for opinions then?
5. Bad Grammar. Although I is sometimez guilty for these so me can forget about dat lulzz!!111!!
6. Complainers! (Hehe, it's too late to add it to the list right? :p)
7. The :wve: smiley. It looks so freaking *****y when used next to certain comments. For example: "Yes, that's nothing new :wve:" "No need to be aggressive :wve:" etc
8. Moderator wannabes.

I could go on and on. But I think I said too much already :D
And I'm ashamed to admit I've seen myself doing some of these things in the past :pi:

Ikas90
18-02-09, 04:45
When people ask what my favourite movie or song is. Seriously, there are too many good movies and songs to choose from. You can't possibly choose a "favourite". Why don't people get that?

Another one that bugs me is when people confuse me with Greek and Australian, and they ask "Why did you leave Greece?" or "Why did you move from Greece to Australia?", asking it as if it's fact.

Well for starters, I never lived in Greece to begin with. :rolleyes: I only went over there for 7 months. Just because I have Greek heritage, have the Greek flag in my avatar, speak fluent Greek and have been to Greece several times, doesn't mean I'm Greek and was born and raised in Greece. I like to say that my heritage is Greek, and yes I am proud, but my nationality is Australian. :)

Elmer
18-02-09, 04:54
I know this is kind of ironic BUT:

People who whine or complain too much

People who don't know when to use who and when to use whom.

When is it that it is correct to use 'whom' in stead of 'who'?

I dislike:

The soccer rage that everyone seems te get affected by once every two years or so, here in the Netherlands.

People having no argumentation at all to include with their statements, even when you ask for it particulary...

Bad grammar. (Although my English grammar is... bad:p I know that.)

Incorrect generalisation: (Example)

If people on the news talk about terrorism there are often images shown of people with sjawls (Or scarfs or sheets... I don't think that I know the right word:() around their head.
Well okay, that must be what people want to let us believe that the typical terrorist (If typical terrorists even exist:p) looks like.
The problem here is that when I walk around on the streets or inside my school with a sjawl (Or scarfs or sheets... ) around my head people, people always call me a terrorist. (So if I have to believe what they say, the definition of a terrorist is: Someone who wears a sjawl around his head...

(Example 2) People who laugh at you because you have long hair... and then call say that you are a girl because of that.
(Happens to me all the time...)

Gabi
18-02-09, 10:10
One BIG pet peeve of mine here on the forums is when people quote multiple posts (some even with multiple pictures in them) in the "members pictures" thread or when different members quote the same post in a row. You have to scroll for ages through the same pictures again and again and again, just to get presented with a "looking great!" :whi:

There - I said it!

Pan
18-02-09, 10:54
^ lol yeah!

Another thing that annoys me, on a forum note, is people who have post pointless threads about absolutly pointless topics like 'do you think lara should have a baby in TR9' or something like that :mad:

Anne Boleyn
18-02-09, 12:01
People who walk slowly in front of you.

People who walk slowly in front of you with buggies.

That LV advert with the 'Dum diddy dum diddy DWEE DWEE DWEE' soundtrack.

People who talk on their phones while I'm serving them in work.

People who leave rubbish behind when there's a bin 6 feet away.

People who don't indicate when they're driving.

When I reach for something and inadvertently knock something else over (this happens a lot!)

People who drive reallllly slowly.

People who don't text back or who take ages to text back.

Bebo, epecially when it decides not to work.

Jamie Oliver.

Sainsbury's.

Nannonxyay
18-02-09, 12:05
Jamie Oliver.

But him and Laura are so cute together. :p Joke.

Anne Boleyn
18-02-09, 12:08
I never thought I'd hear 'Jamie Oliver' and 'cute' in the same sentence... :ton:

toxicraider
18-02-09, 12:30
Another thing that annoys me, on a forum note, is people who have post pointless threads about absolutly pointless topics like 'do you think lara should have a baby in TR9' or something like that :mad:

What a fabulous idea for a thread...
Scuttles and starts it.... :p

Ermm as far as the forums go, it annoys me when people start lots of threads demanding answers to their questions, as if the site's yahoo answers or something. :rolleyes:

But lots of things annoy me in real life :).

Dark Lugia 2
18-02-09, 12:33
The biggest one off the top of my head for me is when you want to go to the toilet, but people ask why you didn't go before... :confused: I didn't NEED to go before! Thats why I'm going now! :p haha

marla_biggs
18-02-09, 12:43
slow walkers
late trains
rudeness
crowded shops
buying clothes that don't fit
buying cds from a shop only to find the case is damaged or broken
walking into stuff / knocking stuff over in public - i'm sucha klutz!

TombRaiderLover
18-02-09, 12:47
People who leave DVD discs lying around
People who wreck their DVD cases
People who dismiss the difference in quality in Blu Ray
People who judge my DVD-OCD

Lara's Backpack
18-02-09, 12:51
More than anything I hate waiting.
In any situation :p

Waiting for lights, people to cross roads, for trains, busses and aeroplanes - and especially waiting in lines. It infuriates me :rolleyes:

dox online
18-02-09, 12:53

Whatever happened to descriptive, ridiculous names like Killer or Kujo, Chaos or Bruiser?

Hm?

My dog's names growing up were: Gizmo, Psycho, T-Bone, Alf, Aldo Cella...

:D Pets and humans should be equal
People using "me and *" * being others.
Slang talk like "yo! waz up?"
Girl's talk like "that is so totally awesome!"
The computer not working or taking a long time to load.
People who can't admit they are wrong and instead say things like "Because I said so"
People who say "no" and when you ask why they just say "Because I said so!"
When people explain a joke.
When people repeat a song or repeat a joke so many times that I come to hate it.
People who look over me when I am doing something.
Many others...

irjudd
18-02-09, 12:53
When someone continues to talk to you when they begin to yawn mid-sentence.

Seb_01225
18-02-09, 13:07
People who leave DVD discs lying around
People who wreck their DVD cases
People who dismiss the difference in quality in Blu Ray
People who judge my DVD-OCD

Omg i think we're twins :)

Elmer
18-02-09, 14:04
When someone continues to talk to you when they begin to yawn mid-sentence.

I dislike people beginning to yawn mid-sentence:p It's kind of rude...

irjudd
18-02-09, 14:17
I dislike people beginning to yawn mid-sentence:p It's kind of rude...
I don't mind that since it's involuntary. But trying to form words with your mouth wide open is the annoying part.

Larapink
18-02-09, 14:23
I don't like ignorance and stereotyping.

Chocola teapot
18-02-09, 14:28
Slang.
Ignorance.
Vanity and pride in circumstances that are innapropriate.
Slow walkers.
People constantly telling me something I'm aware of like "did you see that!?" ...no I have no eyes...

laralover_07
18-02-09, 15:14
People who name pets with cheesy jokes.

"Bubble and Squeak"
"Meat and Loaf"
"Cutie and 3.14"
"Thelma and Louise"

The list goes on...

Nannonxyay
18-02-09, 15:55
I never thought I'd hear 'Jamie Oliver' and 'cute' in the same sentence... :ton:

No, Jamie Oliver's (not the celebrity Jamie Oliver, lol,) a member of this forum. :p He's dating Laura, (Lavinder).

rickybazire
18-02-09, 16:00
People who just stop listening to you and start talking to other people despite you talking to them before...

violentblossom
18-02-09, 16:07
*ungrateful people
*people who lie to get attention
*people who borrow stuff and don't return it
*flakes
*people who EXPECT things when they surely aren't deserved
*people who curse excessively around children (one or two accidental swears is OK, "accidental" being the operative word)
*bragging
*horrible grammar
*the sound of scraping cardboard
*people making a mess in my house/room and then leaving me to clean it up
*belching
*when any animal uses the bathroom in the house
*preteens who think they know it all
*children that curse
*seeing people spit

these are just some. :D

Anne Boleyn
18-02-09, 16:34
No, Jamie Oliver's (not the celebrity Jamie Oliver, lol,) a member of this forum. :p He's dating Laura, (Lavinder).

Oh, I see! Ahh silly me, I never knew! Needless to say, the forum's Jamie Oliver does not annoy me.

The dribbling TV idiot who promotes Sainsbury's (an evil, evil empire), on the other hand, deserves to have his head shaved with a cheese grater.

Also: People who don't clean up after their dogs should be used for food.

irjudd
18-02-09, 16:39
Oh, I see! Ahh silly me, I never knew! Needless to say, the forum's Jamie Oliver does not annoy me.

The dribbling TV idiot who promotes Sainsbury's (an evil, evil empire), on the other hand, deserves to have his head shaved with a cheese grater.

Also: People who don't clean up after their dogs should be used for food.
This whole time I was thinking "What a rude individual to keep stating a fellow TRFer as a pet peeve and hate on him so much" :vlol:

Reggie
18-02-09, 16:48
Liars
Arrogant people
Not being yourself
People who are too idealistic BUT ALSO
People who are too cynical (it ain't all that bad!)
People who label others
When someone judges another person straight away without getting to know them
Unnecessary swearing

there's probably some others but I'm not too bothered to put everything down.

Anne Boleyn
18-02-09, 17:13
This whole time I was thinking "What a rude individual to keep stating a fellow TRFer as a pet peeve and hate on him so much" :vlol:

LOL I hope too many people didn't think this! I guess Jamie Oliver isn't too well known outside Britain... other countries are so lucky.

New one: damned toothpaste adverts which feature "expert" dentists plugging various dental hygiene products. All such adverts (no matter what the brand) seem to be filmed with jerky camera work to give a 'reality TV' feel. The reality is, they are crap. What's wrong with a nice, normal advert??

Biddy
18-02-09, 18:07
Backstabbers.

Slow servers.

People that don't cover their mouths when coughing.

Sitting next to a hygienically-challenged passanger in a bus.

Not getting enough sleep.

Impolite people.

Disney Channel's stupid teeny-bobber ****.

la-la-lara
18-02-09, 18:20
1. Bad spelling.
2. Egocentric, two-faced chicks.
3. Cheesy lines to get into a one's pants.
4. Reese Witherspoon getting an Oscar.
5. Dude and teen rock. No comment.
6. The "my heart beats like a drum" song lyric.
7. Vanilla coke. Always a good way to throw up your guts.
8. Mail chain letters. I know the love of my life won't kiss me this Friday if I forward this, because he doesn't even know I exist.
9. Getting sick.
10. Long award speeches. "You're boriiiiiiiing....". Well said Jack Black. :D

Quasimodo
19-02-09, 09:54
Being ignored or getting the brush-off. If you've got a problem with me, just come out with it already. Sheesh...

sandygrimm
19-02-09, 10:07
people who see you in the doorway of the buss and still asking you: "Are you getting off here?"
people that notice every flaw you have and tell it to everyone as a joke.
egocentric, show offs and a looot more stuff

Siberian Tiger
19-02-09, 12:12
Liars
Arrogant people
Not being yourself
People who are too idealistic BUT ALSO
People who are too cynical (it ain't all that bad!)
People who label others
When someone judges another person straight away without getting to know them
Unnecessary swearing

there's probably some others but I'm not too bothered to put everything down.

I can't help but chuckle slightly (not just at this post, but others too) because lying is something we all do. I think what you meant to say is that you don't like being lied to. Naturally, we can hand it out no problem but can't take any. We also - naturally - label/judge others due to our brain's need to categorise, so appearance and first impressions is all we have to go on whether we like it or not. I'm not saying this means it's an invalid pet peeve - it's valid, we do these things naturally and we clearly don't like them.

What bothers me is dust! It gathers so quickly!
Arrogant/deluded people.
Litter bugs.
Rude people (tying in to what I said above, rude people may be my pet peeve, but I can also be rude at times).

interstellardave
19-02-09, 12:49
Forum pet peeves:

Forums topics that are totally misleading and which lead to much drama and angst when just a little accuracy and clarity in the title and initial post could easily prevent it.

Typing out long well thought out posts which are promptly completely ignored whilst two or more people carry on with a session of bickering and name-calling which effectively buries my post so no-one else will ever see it!

When good topics degenerate into the aforementioned bickering and name-calling...

Obscure
19-02-09, 13:05
What really winds me up is when you suggest something or find out some information on something and post it only for someone to bring up your exact opinion and try pass it off as their information later on.
Outside of the internet, not a lot really annoys me apart from big ego chavs.

Siberian Tiger
19-02-09, 13:15
I agree with the both of you.

Another pet peeve of mine is pompous journalists and sensationalism.

Endow
19-02-09, 13:16
Unwillingness to discuss harmless taboos
Unwritten rules

NarikoRocks
19-02-09, 13:16
Sluts
People who talk loudly!
People who cough at you and dont cover their mouths.
People who talk while they are eating.
People who think they are cool or funny.
Know it alls.

interstellardave
19-02-09, 13:31
Another forum pet-peeve (somewhat related to the ones I posted earlier):

People who go only by a sensationalistic (or misleading) topic title without reading the first post--wherein the real story can still often be found (or at least some information that tells a more complete story). Said people then go on and on posting about something that really isn't true, like: "North Dakota bans abortions" or "Girl Arrested For Texting".

Atlantisfreak666
19-02-09, 13:37
When hot guys are mean to me...
:(

Oh, and bad grammar.

TRexbait
21-02-09, 15:54
I'll start from not bothersome and end with just plain aggravating

Bad Spelling/Grammar
The misuse of the phrase "That's so gay."
Chewing with mouth open/certain bad table manners
Being Rushed

MiCkiZ88
21-02-09, 16:01
1. People who stare at you when walking
2. People who point at you
3. People who make jokes about your looks just cause you're tall and look younger than you are
4. People who laugh after staring at you and passing you on the street
5. People who freaking lable you just by one look

Atlantisfreak666
21-02-09, 16:07
I'll start from not bothersome and end with just plain aggravating

Bad Spelling/Grammar
The misuse of the phrase "That's so gay."
Chewing with mouth open/certain bad table manners
Being Rushed

I agree with all those.

More of my pet peeves:

- Bad hygiene
- Homophobia
- Unsupportive teachers

Drone
21-02-09, 16:11
3. People who make jokes about your looks just cause you're tall and look younger than you are

that's true. there are so many idiots who do that. The funny thing is they look like **** but laugh at others

Joely-Moley
21-02-09, 16:15
3. People who make jokes about your looks

This happens to me daily. It doesnít bother me although sometimes Iím just not in the mood.

mau3genius
21-02-09, 16:20
I have a new thing that annoys me and I wanted to post it!

People that keep going on an on on a subject even If it's completely irrelevant and doesn't add anything to the conversation! :tea:

Atlantisfreak666
21-02-09, 16:21
I have a new thing that annoys me and I wanted to post it!

People that keep going on an on on a subject even If it's completely irrelevant and doesn't add anything to the conversation! :tea:

I'm guilty of that...
:pi:

MiCkiZ88
21-02-09, 16:23
that's true. there are so many idiots who do that. The funny thing is they look like **** but laugh at others
Jealousy ;] But it's true. Most of the people who do that are rather.. well.. not so good looking.

Mr.Burns
21-02-09, 16:29
Another forum pet-peeve (somewhat related to the ones I posted earlier):

People who go only by a sensationalistic (or misleading) topic title without reading the first post--wherein the real story can still often be found (or at least some information that tells a more complete story). Said people then go on and on posting about something that really isn't true, like: "North Dakota bans abortions" or "Girl Arrested For Texting".

*nods* Also people who like to bash a person's looks or attitude to such extremes, simply because they hide behind their computers.

irjudd
21-02-09, 20:41
I get annoyed when people leave images in their quotes.

Especially in the member pics thread, as I tend to view that one backwards from last page and go back until where I last viewed. And its annoying to see the same pics posted 10 times per page :rolleyes:

Biddy
21-02-09, 20:48
I don't why I didn't think of this before, but school is a HUGE peeve. One that I will have to put up with for 2 more years. Oh well, promised Mama I'd be a doctor.

Reggie
22-02-09, 13:15
I can't help but chuckle slightly (not just at this post, but others too) because lying is something we all do. I think what you meant to say is that you don't like being lied to. Naturally, we can hand it out no problem but can't take any. We also - naturally - label/judge others due to our brain's need to categorise, so appearance and first impressions is all we have to go on whether we like it or not. I'm not saying this means it's an invalid pet peeve - it's valid, we do these things naturally and we clearly don't like them.

I guess I better way to say it woiuld be that I don't like being deliberately deceived. Bending the truth a bit is a different kind of thing because we all need to do that from time to time otherwise we'd end up like Jim Carrey from Liar Liar (well, maybe not quite so bad as that but you know what I mean). As for the first impressions, making an assumption based on them is a natural thing but there should also be an effort to test those assumptions as well like asking that person questions, getting to know them a bit.

Suzan
22-02-09, 13:44
Mixing up "then" and "than"

Wrong: "I picked up the dry cleaning, than went home."
Right: "I picked up the dry cleaning, then went home."

It's amazing how many people mix those two up. They're two different words!! I might make mistakes but I've been told a million times that I write better than many people that use english as their main language :rolleyes: And I've noticed it also. It scares me. I only use english online and I'm doing ok.

Anyhow...
-chewing with your mouth open. Y-U-C-K! It sounds horrible. Why would anybody do that? Is it fun? I doubt it.
-when people talk about something that they don't actually know anything about. This is probably the worst one for me. It annoys me so much. 'I have an opinion that I've just learned from my old dad and I have nothing to show that my opinion is better than everybody elses but I still like to think it is', ARGH!!
-people who have no idea about good manners. Most basic ones. If I have a magazine and I'm reading it, I don't want you to rip it from my hands and pretend that it was yours in the first place. Just an example...

Phlip
22-02-09, 13:55
People who click their nails. :hea:

And when a grouple of people block the WHOLE corridoor. Same with people on the streets. If that happens I'll "accidentally" bump them and say "**** sake" to myself past them.

No, it's not rude, they should know better than to stand in the middle of the street.

TRhalloween
22-02-09, 14:03
People who whine at me for having an affair with their boyfriends and call me a hoe :rolleyes: At least 10 different people have done that.

People who act smarter than me. Example: "Ooh, TRhalloween, bungee jumping off a bridge without a cord is illogical"

lararoxs
22-02-09, 14:05
It's amazing how many people mix those two up. They're two different words!! I might make mistakes but I've been told a million times that I write better than many people that use english as their main language :rolleyes: And I've noticed it also. It scares me. I only use english online and I'm doing ok.

Your English is incredible!:tmb: You only use it online? Honestly, if I didn't know that you were from Finland and English was not your native language, then I would hae guessed you were British!:)

My pet hates:

Stubborn People - When they refuse to admit they are wrong.
People that show no respect for others and their posessions.
People that 'act cool' to fit in.
When things that are hurtful are disguised as a 'joke' - when it is nothing more than bullying.
Stereotypically assuming pepople.
People that adapt the 'Silent Treatment' for aguements. It is nothing more than stupid and immature.

The list is endless but I think I will stop there for now!:)

I'm happy to say I don't know of any person like that on these forums.:)

Assassino
22-02-09, 14:25
-Bad spelling/grammar.
-Drivers who don't indicate!
-Old drivers!
-Slow drivers!
-Slow computers!
-Rude/naughty children.
-Children in general.
-People with speech impedements [I know it's stupid & pathetic but it drives me mad!]
-Strong geordie & scouse accents. [Especially if it's a woman.]
-Copy-cats.

The list is endless but I dare not continue...
I'm so easily annoyed when I think of it.

Seb_01225
22-02-09, 14:38
-People who talk slowly.
-People who are violent for no reason
-When someone can't admit they're wrong when they are.

-Rude/naughty children.
-Children in general.

YAY!

TRhalloween
22-02-09, 17:55
Here's some more-

"I'll literally die if I don't finish this test in time!"

When someone says something like...
"Oh great, I didn't know you were a mod :rolleyes:"
...after someone has reminded someone of the forum rules.

irjudd
22-02-09, 17:56
When someone says something like...
"Oh great, I didn't know you were a mod :rolleyes:"
...after someone has reminded someone of the forum rules.Rock on

Suzan
22-02-09, 18:43
Your English is incredible!:tmb: You only use it online? Honestly, if I didn't know that you were from Finland and English was not your native language, then I would hae guessed you were British!:)

Well, I have no reason to use it anywhere else :D All my irl friends are finnish too. But I studied english for 9 years :D And I've used internet for many years and most sites are in english, and of course all the games I play, tv shows/movies I watch etc... And on top of that, english has always been somehow natural for me, I don't know how to explain it any better. It was always easy for me to learn. Even though I don't even know any grammar stuff. My ears just tell me how to type/speak. And thanks :wve:

Feather Duster
22-02-09, 18:55
People who think they're all that when they hurt someone's feelings. There's a difference between shoving someone if they shoved you first, then shoving someone if they just touched you. One's called being a ***** ;)

Also, people who act like my mother EX. If you dont' stop doing that, I'm going to have a huge talk with you.

**** off!

Naz2000
22-02-09, 19:02
I have loads but here are some

- A person reading out loud and getting words wrong
- People putting their hands in my face
- Doors left open
- People looking around your face when they are talking to you

EgyptianSoul
22-02-09, 19:20

I agree with you on all those points.

Ignorant people
Liars
Cheaters
Bullies
Overly superficial people
Crowds
Slang

Not good at all. :pi:

dcw123
22-02-09, 19:32
One word that all the Brits hate.... Chavs:p
Stupid, lazy layabouts:ton: Makes me so cheesed off:o

Oh, and people who are overly bossy and try to rule your life:p

Siberian Tiger
22-02-09, 19:34
I guess I better way to say it woiuld be that I don't like being deliberately deceived. Bending the truth a bit is a different kind of thing because we all need to do that from time to time otherwise we'd end up like Jim Carrey from Liar Liar (well, maybe not quite so bad as that but you know what I mean). As for the first impressions, making an assumption based on them is a natural thing but there should also be an effort to test those assumptions as well like asking that person questions, getting to know them a bit.

I absolutely agree. It's a shame when people don't because some people get completely misrepresented. I'm quite an open-minded person so I do tend to remind myself that I shouldn't be jugding a person completely on their looks or what I know of them and although we do, there have been many occasions when I've made an assumption about a person (negative) and then after talking to them I'm chewing my arm because said person turns out to be very pleasant. Of course there's some that work the other way and with some you can be spot on. But most of the time I end up thinking "that person's really nice and I thought they'd be horrible" etc.

The_Underworld
22-02-09, 19:44
People who act like they're soo cool:mad:

A bit random but people who skip words when they're talking, ex:

Wrong: " After a long day school"
Right: "After a long day AT school"
It happens to me all the time!:mad:

Bad grammar! Argh!

People who use too much smileys, and they don't even make sense:tea::p:confused::jmp::hug::cen::mis::yik::of f::eek::rolleyes::wve::ohn::vlol:
it drives me insane

People who post for no reason, ex:

That was my answer you word stealer!

HAHA! :vlol::vlol::vlol::vlol:

Both the quote and the reply drive me insane

People who over use the word LOL or say LULZ:mad:

People who say hehe! or haha! in posts

People who talk loud on their cellphone

And that's all for now! Yes, I have a lot of "Pet-Peeves":o

Reggie
22-02-09, 19:52
I absolutely agree. It's a shame when people don't because some people get completely misrepresented. I'm quite an open-minded person so I do tend to remind myself that I shouldn't be jugding a person completely on their looks or what I know of them and although we do, there have been many occasions when I've made an assumption about a person (negative) and then after talking to them I'm chewing my arm because said person turns out to be very pleasant. Of course there's some that work the other way and with some you can be spot on. But most of the time I end up thinking "that person's really nice and I thought they'd be horrible" etc.

I know what you mean, I've been guilty of the same thing myself. Even making an assumption someone must be a really nice person can go out of the window once they speak to you. Best to just try an be sociable and if someone doesn't want to get to know you then that's their problem. It makes a pet peeve of mine much less of a problem. You seem come across as an open minded as well. :tmb:

Lew
22-02-09, 20:44
No manners and heavy metal music.

Jo269976
22-02-09, 20:46
Waiting up for some movie/tv show/event and then falling asleep :vlol: :hea:

Yay, 1800 posts :p

Tonyrobinson
22-02-09, 21:52
People who take themselves too seriously.

irjudd
22-02-09, 23:16
No manners and heavy metal music.
*mouths profanities you can't hear over the heavy metal*

Pan
22-02-09, 23:37
Bad grammar! Argh!

People who talk loud on their cellphone

Where are you adverbs?!

Tonyrobinson
23-02-09, 00:11
HAHA! :vlol::vlol::vlol::vlol:

People who say hehe! or haha in posts

And that's all for now! Yes, I have a lot of "Pet-Peeves":o

Your guilty of that yourself :p

Larson_1988
23-02-09, 00:15
Self-appointed moderators

And the ":wve:" smiley.

Pan
23-02-09, 01:07
Self-appointed moderators

And the ":wve:" smiley.

I hate both of these!!! And members who think they're better than you just becasue they have more posts!

Plus really new members who have almost more threads than posts, mentioning no names....

Indiana Croft
23-02-09, 01:45
People who yawn without covering their mouths. It's gross.

People who stare at you until you look up. It's creepy.

People who try to advize you what or what not to buy at grocery stores. I don't believe I asked for their opinion.

People who say "I couldn't live without..." when it's something as stupid as a cell phone or chocolate. It's ridiculous.

People who think Mexicans speak Mexican. It's retarded.

People who say "that's gay." I don't have a problem with the way they use it, like I'm not all up and arms about the whole gay or not issue, it's just that it's not gay. It's aweful maybe, but not gay. How is it gay? You know what I'm saying?

People who quote movie lines as they're being said in the movie. It's unecessary. I'm not impressed that you know this movie word for word. So stop it.

People who ask you, "what's my name," when you've been nice to them and had no problem with them as long as you can remember. Why the hell would they do that? It's rude. Would you rather me not be nice since I don't know your name? Geez.

People who say "irregardless." Regardless all ready means "without regard." How is anything "irregardless"?

People who don't go to dances because they don't have a date. That's seriously the only reason you won't go? How sad.

And that's just off the top of my head of my pet peeves.

Drone
23-02-09, 08:32
updated list:

1. freaks who hug and say "hope you feel better soon" but never really help. **** you!

2. freaks who do not have own opinion

3. cookie pushers

TR love
23-02-09, 08:48
When people favour certain people and treat them well but not others.

When people get in your way at super markets, and u keep trying to shuffle around them but u cant and u go "ehem... exuse me...Pardon me....MOVE!"

and i hate hypocrits

Punaxe
23-02-09, 12:20
From the top of my head right now...

Wrong grammar, particularly a number of increasingly common grammatical mistakes in the Dutch language, e.g. "them" instead of "they" and "as" for "than".

People littering.

People disturbing the public order.

Rude/unreasonable people.

Siberian Tiger
06-03-09, 12:51
I don't like it when someone talks to you about one of their own friends as if you know of them, and have been told about them before when in actual fact it's the first time that person has ever been mentioned.

"Oh, me and Claire were at this..."

When I've never heard of this Claire and you've never mentioned her before, yet you talk as if I do know of her.

Does that make sense?

Joely-Moley
06-03-09, 12:54
I hate that as well!

Siberian Tiger
06-03-09, 13:13
I hate that as well!

Annoying, isn't it? I just nod and roll my eyes, not even bothering to say "oh, who is...". Not interested.

In keeping with being contributory to the thread, another peeve of mine is smokers complaining about people coughing around them when they smoke. They seem to assume it's all fake. No, I'm actually coughing because it smells rank and irritates me throat and lungs, you complete doorknob.

CerebralAssassin
06-03-09, 13:36
slackers at teh job I work at....and slackers in general...are my pet peeves!!;)

Rivendell
06-03-09, 13:41
Sandwiches so big that loads of its filling falls out when you take a bite.

:smk: Annoys me to no end!

TR love
06-03-09, 13:56
Sandwiches so big that loads of its filling falls out when you take a bite.

:smk: Annoys me to no end!

Especially when its in front of lots of people!

angelfaithrox
06-03-09, 14:50
I could write a book of pet peeves...

Impatient Drivers
Rude people
Girls who canít match their foundation to their face and look like an ompa loompa
Fat jokes.
People that TYP3 LIIK3 DiSS
Close Mindedness
Bad make-up
Being talked down to.

More than likely more to come.

TRhalloween
09-03-09, 00:57
As mentioned...earlier...using ellipses...to sound...smarter...is...annoying...You don't sound...smart...you sound like...a tool

I mean honestly, would you really take that many breaks in-between words? Are you trying to separate the following phrase from your last? Are you trailing off into silence? No? Then don't bloody use it!

Also:

"If u don't like it don't listen to/watch it!!!Stop wasting your time hater!!" comments.

I don't listen to/watch it. I listened to/watched it once and now I'm saying how much it sucks. Would you be saying the same thing if I was being positive about it?

Benguitar
09-03-09, 04:18
When I start thinking too much.. :pi: