PDA

View Full Version : Skins-New Cast premier-Thursday!

touchthesky
20-01-09, 11:27
Skins will start this Thursday once again, but of course, with a new cast.
What do you guys think so far? From pictures and exclusive clips?

Check the official site over at www.e4.com

There is a clip of the first ten minutes of the first episode on Youtube but there is so much swearing, if you want to watch it, search lol :).

IMO, so far it seems that;
Cook is based on Chris.
Freddie on Tony.
And JJ a mix of Anwar and Sid...When you see the clip you will understand! The similarities between Chris and Cook are just...Jeez. They even speak the same lol.

Pan
20-01-09, 12:14
Not sure I can be bothered to get into it again, it was always a bit annoying and never lived up to the first series for me. What I am looking forward to is 90219 :p

Hyper_Crazy
20-01-09, 16:22
I can't wait. I hope the new cast are as good as the first generation. Can't wait to see more of Effy and Pandora. :D

jamieoliver22
20-01-09, 16:24
Never watched the first series, but I think I might end up watching the new one.

corey01
20-01-09, 16:24
i cant waitttt :jmp:, s'gunna be shmawsome

Lavinder
20-01-09, 16:28
I can't wait either! Has anyone seen all the new videos on E4 website? Well good :D.

TombRaiderLover
20-01-09, 16:30
Love this show! And I'm excited for the new series. Hopefully I'll like the new cast just as much as the old one.

touchthesky
20-01-09, 18:00
I can't wait either! Has anyone seen all the new videos on E4 website? Well good :D.

Yessss. Isn't Cook just <3.

I am gonna re-watch the first two series.

On a side note;Shameless also starts next week!!! Series 6!

Anyway, yeah, Cook <3 potential favourite character I think.

-DaNnEe..
20-01-09, 18:03
Can't wait. Can't wait to see more of Pandora. I loved her! :D

corey01
20-01-09, 18:05

yeahh they're great:D

Hyper_Crazy
22-01-09, 22:27
Ahahah great episode me thinks. Effy and Pandora are still awesome, and Cook reminds me of Chris. Don't like that JJ dude though. :/
Can't wait for next weeks episode. :D

Angelus
22-01-09, 22:42
I thought it was crap!

alex27325
22-01-09, 22:45
Not sure I can be bothered to get into it again, it was always a bit annoying and never lived up to the first series for me. What I am looking forward to is 90219 :p

do u mean 90210? lol

Lavinder
22-01-09, 22:51
Ahahah great episode me thinks. Effy and Pandora are still awesome, and Cook reminds me of Chris. Don't like that JJ dude though. :/

JJ is well cute and sexy - but can be annoying. I keep staring at Effy's arse n:mis:.

I'm glad the tone is much more light hearted, the last season was very dark in parts.

touchthesky
23-01-09, 14:40
I am gonna try find it youtube. I was zonked by half eight last night.

Was it awesome :D?

viper456
23-01-09, 15:52
I just watched the first ep and LOVED it. I have missed Skins so much and I was worried that we were getting a new cast but I am in love with it so far and the characters seem amazing! I was laughing so hard at the glue sniffing part!

touchthesky
23-01-09, 17:30
It WAS awesome.

Cook is the best character-but what is his tattoo xD?

Also, I wonder if Freddie will get his girl?

JJ officially sucks. Leave.Now.
:jmp:

woody543
23-01-09, 18:03
JJ is well cute and sexy - but can be annoying. I keep staring at Effy's arse n:mis:.

I'm glad the tone is much more light hearted, the last season was very dark in parts.

i liked the darkness, hopefully they add some sort of story line, like last time and dont turn it into a full time comedy

corey01
23-01-09, 18:21
It WAS awesome.

Cook is the best character-but what is his tattoo xD?

Also, I wonder if Freddie will get his girl?

JJ officially sucks. Leave.Now.
:jmp:

i know right, i dont see the point in jj at all :p cant wait till thursdayy

TombRaiderLover
23-01-09, 18:24
What's wrong with JJ? :p

Great episode. :tmb: Exceeded my expectations.

corey01
23-01-09, 18:28
What's wrong with JJ? :p

Great episode. :tmb: Exceeded my expectations.

hes just so over the top lmao, and blurts out these not funny random facts mehhh

i wonder which episode it is that freddy punches cook:jmp:

Naz2000
23-01-09, 18:31
Wasn't as good as everyone at school was making out to be but I enjoyed it a parts. The characters look interesting..and Effy is FIIIT! Couldn't stand JJ, can't really understand why he is part of the trio.

Seb_01225
23-01-09, 18:33
guy that plays JJ went to my school.

touchthesky
23-01-09, 18:34
Yeah, I found JJ's ramblings to be annoying.

Lol the glue part was proper funny, though.

Skins makes me wish I was from that place..they all have wonderful accents.

Lew
28-01-09, 00:00
Effys well fit, she's my favorite.

touchthesky
29-01-09, 13:39
Is that Effy in your avatar, Naz?

It's weird to hear Effy speak so much after the last few series.

Cooks birthday tonight, looks wild :D.

corey01
29-01-09, 15:24

It's weird to hear Effy speak so much after the last few series.

Cooks birthday tonight, looks wild :D.

haha! cnt waait:cln:

Naz2000
29-01-09, 16:17

Yeah that's Effy:) It's weird because I didn't really watch Skins that much before this season, and when I saw Effy she was really quiet but she's changed quite a lot now. She was brilliant in the last episode...Can't say the same for JJ.

-DaNnEe..
29-01-09, 16:27
I like pretty much all the characters but I really CANNOT stand JJ. I mean WTF? He's just plain annoying. :)

Effy's hooot. And I love Pandora. :D

"I'm Pandora, I'm useless."

Lol.

Twiin
29-01-09, 16:35
Was JJ the one they took from the open auditions?
Because I went to the open auditions - was rather hilarious; but a bit of a waste of time.

On the first ep? Thought it was crap.
Not that funny. Cliched. Over-the-top. Unrealistic to a ridiculous level. etc, etc. I'll give it a chance though.

touchthesky
29-01-09, 17:33
It was really unrealistic, and the toilet humor was dumb but eh, it was fun!

They turned shameless really unrealistic too lol.

x2crazyidiot
29-01-09, 17:47
my views on the 3rd series thus far:

love the geeky twin, Emily. She's dead cool!
Katie seems like an annoying slut to be honest
JJ's alright, same with Freddie
Cook+Pandora are really entertaining!
Naomi seems like my joint favourite character with Effy :D she's got a great humour

I really liked episode one! The beauty class was absolutely hilarious!! "Don't forget to moisturise!!"

unlike the other two series, I like all of the main characters in this one! In the other one, Sid Jal and Anwar really grinded me, but these characters are entertaining!

although I can't look at Cook the same why after seeing that actor in Eden Lake *shudders*

Hyper_Crazy
29-01-09, 18:45
He was in Eden Lake? Didn't know that. I'm guessing he was the main "chav".
Can't wait for tonights episode! :D

touchthesky
29-01-09, 19:09
He was in Eden Lake? Didn't know that. I'm guessing he was the main "chav".
Can't wait for tonights episode! :D

Yup lol.

http://img5.allocine.fr/acmedia/medias/nmedia/18/67/10/18/18974544.jpg

That film was actually proper scary :/. Guess it's cozza how real it was. Must say, though, the little kid from this is england can't die very well.

Lol, on topic. I can't watch Skins tonight but I'll grab it on Stream Skins tomorrow morning.

woody543
29-01-09, 21:28
enjoying this episode so far

Spoiler:Is emily a lesbian? spoiler

-DaNnEe..
29-01-09, 21:50
^ Yeah, I think so.

Cook's scary! Lmao.

Hyper_Crazy
29-01-09, 22:01
Either that or bisexual. I do adore her though, she's a total babe. Cook was a bit of a twat wasn't he?

touchthesky - Oh dear, that film was proper shwack, I was sitting there thinking what the actual, no "chavs" actually go that far and try to kill people... well some do obv :/.

x2crazyidiot
29-01-09, 22:36
That film was actually proper scary :/. Guess it's cozza how real it was.

I agree. It was the most powerful and scary 'horror' movie I've ever seen! Definately touching on some extreme subjects in today's society!

Back on track, loved tonight's episode! Although I must say when Cook was punching the BDSM-loving gang leader, I was VERY much reminded of the part in Eden Lake where he beats that boy to death. He plays a good angry person! :p

touchthesky
30-01-09, 10:35
Just away to watch last nights episode.

People seem to be warming to this cast pretty well considering the amount of "no way will i watch it" comments that I've seen around from when it was announced that a cast change would be taking place lol.

corey01
30-01-09, 16:05
Just away to watch last nights episode.

People seem to be warming to this cast pretty well considering the amount of "no way will i watch it" comments that I've seen around from when it was announced that a cast change would be taking place lol.

lol i know:/
in the clip for next week, it looks like its that kid Thomas's episode, why wasnt he introduced in the 1st episode?:confused:

AmericanAssassin
30-01-09, 16:21
New cast? Now, that's rather upsetting to me. I just started getting into this show. I hate when creators pull stunts like this. :mad:

touchthesky
30-01-09, 17:28
Don't worry AA, the new cast are pretty awesome. They showed similar traits to the previous cast in the first episode but after episode 2 I can "safely" (lol pun time) say that Cook and Chris are very different people.
Drugs wise they are similar...Character wise they are different.

I love you, so much, mate.

:ton:

Lew
30-01-09, 17:34
Episode 2 was utter ****e and the next one looks even ****ter, they parties aren't as good as last seasons.

-DaNnEe..
30-01-09, 18:14
I wish Cook actually punched JJ... That would shut him up. He's incredibly annoying! :p

touchthesky
30-01-09, 19:25
I found him more likeable this episode. It was kinda cute..the kissing =P.

I wonder if they will have Skins real-life parties again, like in the past.

corey01
31-01-09, 10:07
I wish Cook actually punched JJ... That would shut him up. He's incredibly annoying! :p

haha i know right, i was like HIT HIMMM!

:p

Hyper_Crazy
31-01-09, 10:10

Ugh sameee! He seemed a bit more bareable in this episode though... he still needs to get punched tho! :D

Larapink
31-01-09, 11:05
I can't stand this show, it's terrible on this show what happens young teens doing drugs and then throwing up, eww it's just so wrong.

Naz2000
31-01-09, 11:24
I watched Thursday's episode last night and I thought it was crap, the first one was alright but this one didn't seem to have a point to it. Which character is next weeks based on?

-DaNnEe..
31-01-09, 16:02
^ A new guy called Thomas I believe. It looks like a crap episode if you ask me.

corey01
31-01-09, 19:43
^ A new guy called Thomas I believe. It looks like a crap episode if you ask me.

yeah:(

touchthesky
31-01-09, 19:44
Do not bash before seeing :P.

I can't wait for Effys episode, or Freddies.

Btw, is that Effy and Freddie kissing during the main titles?

-DaNnEe..
31-01-09, 20:44
^ Yeah I think it is. She kisses Freddie and Cook in the titles.

touchthesky
06-02-09, 13:17
Episode 3-On just now...I dunno.

Does the guy thats after Cook remind anyone else of Mad Twatter from series 1?

Naz2000
06-02-09, 14:04
^ Yeah I was thinking that this morning, you just can't take the two of them seriously. I enjoyed last night's episode however

-DaNnEe..
06-02-09, 15:06
I prefered yesterdays episode over Cooks. Pandora's episode looks pretty good! :D

Naz2000
06-02-09, 15:19
The chilli eating contest was really stupid though and if someone tried to threaten me by eating a Pot Noodle I would laugh in their face.

But there were some very funny moments in last night's episode though like the part where Pandora's Aunt(?) starts acting Jamaican lmao:)

touchthesky
06-02-09, 16:12
I watched 11 minutes of so of it then the pc spazzed out. Grr. I'll watch the rest before the day is out.

I am starting to like Pandora.

-DaNnEe..
10-02-09, 21:54
Holy crap!

http://img56.imageshack.us/img56/6896/april5xr5.jpg

That could be Kaya's (Effys) twin! :yik:
She's a model called April Rose

Hyper_Crazy
10-02-09, 21:58
Omg! I thought that actually her... either way they're both stunning.

woody543
13-02-09, 18:28
I realy enjoyed yesterdays episode, best in the series methinks :)

Im not looking forward to Freddies he just too boring and too blah for me, i mean the whole effy cook thing, yawn.

And in the words of JJ and Cook hes a fun sponge

-DaNnEe..
13-02-09, 18:31
^ I agree, I thought it was a great episode.
Freddies episode looks okay...

OMG, I love this preview for the 5th episode! :p

gxZfOteP7Sc

So cheesy. Lmao!

TombRaiderLover
13-02-09, 19:21
Meh, Freddie bores me, so obviously I'm not looking forward to next week's episode. Pandora's episode was brilliant, though. :tmb:

touchthesky
07-04-09, 07:54
So the DVD is out, and this needs a bump.

Watched up to Naomis episode last night (fell asleep though, was soo tired).

I'm enjoying it,but I had a news flash!! I.hate.Cook! That scene in Freddys episode where he goes to see Effy and her Mum tells him to go away and then he looks in the window... Jeez that boys an ass. Fav person atm is Freddy probably.

Anyway, did anyone notice that theres a nod towards the old cast :P.

Cook comes in and speaks about an Asian boy saying Buddha Buddha Cheese Buddha...and he calls himself the amazing Anwar. :D.

Naz2000
07-04-09, 08:55
The last epidose was awful! It was just completely random...Granny racing I mean come on thst's just as bad as the chili contest! I would have liked to have seen the whole cast together one last time before the end.

viper456
07-04-09, 09:45
The last epidose was awful! It was just completely random...Granny racing I mean come on thst's just as bad as the chili contest! I would have liked to have seen the whole cast together one last time before the end.

lmfao the granny racing was funny though!

trXD
07-04-09, 10:03
I liked how their was two endings. But to be honest the whole Effy, freddy, cook thing bored me to death from the start to the end. Naomily should have been centred as the main couple of this season, everyone liked them more anyway.

They gay thing was handled very well i might add, emily coming out to her parents was a brilliant scene! You could just tell she had enough of everyone sugarcoating everything so she just came in and went "yo guys i just had sex with a girl because i am a lesbian".

It was hillariouse but at the same time understandable.

Naz2000
07-04-09, 10:06
^ Yeah I think the storyline involving Naomi and Emily was the only interesting one throughout the whole series. The whole Freddie vs Cook over Effy was getting stupid but I liekd JJ's episode though.

trXD
07-04-09, 16:19
I cant believe people on this thread hate JJ:yik:

To be fair i hated him too until episode 7:D

-DaNnEe..
07-04-09, 16:38
I quite like JJ now tbh. I used to not be able stand him but I guess he was an alright character.

Effy is my favourite! <33

I have to agree with you guys, the last episode was shocking. :p I was expecting it to be one of my favourite episodes, but it was crap. I loved the twins episode though, they should have swapped the finale and the twins episode around since it was a much better, and didn't leave people dissapointed.

touchthesky has the soundtracks changed on the DVD versions? The whole soundtrack changed in Series 2 and some were changed in Series 1.
Can't wait until my birthday, I'm gettin' the boxset then! :D

touchthesky
07-04-09, 19:57
I only watched 3 episodes on the tele so I'm not sure :(.

Enjoying it so far though! Got JJ next.

How annoying is Freddys dad.

trXD
07-04-09, 21:38
Oh god freddies dad drives me crazy. I hate him more than cook.

I cant believe how easy-going freddy was towards him, i would NOT forgive my dad for being such a cock (http://www.netstate.com/states/symb/birds/images/de_blue_hen_chicken.jpg)so easily.

-DaNnEe..
07-04-09, 21:42
I love Karen though, Freddies sister. :D I do feel sorry for Freddie because his Dad clearly states that he likes Karen more than him, which is a shame for him.

trXD
07-04-09, 21:44
I think karen will be in the next generation. It was the same story with effy.

Yes she is 20, but im thinking maybe it will be a prequel? Set in the same time as series 1 and 2 with maybe a few connections?

-DaNnEe..
07-04-09, 21:46
Perhaps... I would like that. I think they might bring in a new character for series 4 and he/she will lead series 5, if there's going to be a series 5, that is.

trXD
07-04-09, 21:48
Well i heard that each new generation would have a connection to the previous one, right now karen seems to be the only one possible.

-DaNnEe..
07-04-09, 21:49
Or Emily and Katies little brother. Haha! That would be awesome! :D

trXD
07-04-09, 21:50
Or Emily and Katies little brother. Haha! That would be awesome! :D

Lol you mean the 9 year old?

Maybe in another 7 years:p

-DaNnEe..
07-04-09, 21:52
Yeah. Although I think alot of parents would complain about a 9 year old gettin' high on drugs. Lmao.

What's your favourite episode from Series 3?

trXD
07-04-09, 21:53
Oooooh dont you make me choose!

Either episode 4, 7 or 9:p

-DaNnEe..
07-04-09, 21:56
Awesome! :tmb: I loved episode 4 & 9 too, but I wasn't so keen on 6 even though it was still great. Episode 8 was by far my favourite. It was packed with emotion and I liked the element of scary parts in it. :D

I'm guessing your a Noamily fan then, since episode 4, 6, and 9 had alot about both of them in it.

trXD
07-04-09, 22:36
7 my dear, not 6 :p

And yeah i am a naomily fan, who isnt?:p