PDA

View Full Version : Whats Wrong With Me?

sheepydee
21-01-09, 18:58
I know this is probably a stupid thing to say but over the last few days ive felt so depressed earlier i wanted to emm like "pass on" but nothing recently has really happened to make me like this anyone have any idea if there is suttin wrong with me or am i just a mong or something:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

touchthesky
21-01-09, 19:01
It's not abnormal to go through feelings of extreme upset.

The fact that you haven't done anything rash about wanting to "pass on" indicates you don't really want too.

Talk to someone you can trust. A teacher, a friend, a family member? And don't forget there are a million other people out there going through the exact same thing
:) :hug:

sheepydee
21-01-09, 19:04
It's not abnormal to go through feelings of extreme upset.

The fact that you haven't done anything rash about wanting to "pass on" indicates you don't really want too.

Talk to someone you can trust. A teacher, a friend, a family member? And don't forget there are a million other people out there going through the exact same thing
:) :hug:
i really do feel on my own on this i havent anyone to talk to i wouldnt tell anyone in family a teacher NO NO NO and well i have loads of friends but i just cant tell them there are a few things i want to admit but i just cant tell anyone but thanks anyway:hug:
i just feel like sitting in corner all day on my own right now but thanks:hug:

Lara_
21-01-09, 19:04
I'm depressed recently too

You're not alone mate

sheepydee
21-01-09, 19:06
I'm depressed recently too

You're not alone mate
@ Lara
:( im sorry to hear that :( i wish tis kind of thing didnt exist but i guess life suxx :(

IceColdLaraCroft
21-01-09, 19:06
There's nothing wrong with you :)

You're just a little sad that's all. Eat some blueberries or another type of berry for a few days (about 8oz) and the vitamins/antioxidants should stimulate your hormones back into happy land.

sheepydee
21-01-09, 19:07
There's nothing wrong with you :)

You're just a little sad that's all. Eat some blueberries or another type of berry for a few days (about 8oz) and the vitamins/antioxidants should stimulate your hormones back into happy land.

but i dont like happy land it makes me feel even worser:(

Lara_
21-01-09, 19:08
People have caused my depression in my case.

I get too emotional at what others do to me :(

Do you think that's what's happened to you?

sheepydee
21-01-09, 19:10
And the people who inflict it in my case.

so do i , im way to sensitive to what people say to me if anyone says sumthin nastys to me if im in this state lord know what might happen:(

Jo269976
21-01-09, 19:12
Nothings wrong, your just on a downer is all.

Should be gone soon hopefully, it's kind of like keeping stress inside, eventually it will all come out. Do as IceColdLaraCroft said and hopefully the process will go quicker :)

sheepydee
21-01-09, 19:14
Nothings wrong, your just on a downer is all.

Should be gone soon hopefully, it's kind of like keeping stress inside, eventually it will all come out. Do as IceColdLaraCroft said and hopefully the process will go quicker :)

i have no one to talk about it to:( i do want to leave this feeling but in a way this might sound dumb but its peaceful :(

Lara_
21-01-09, 19:15
Usually depression causes when you're on the computer for too long

Or when it's Winter, I suggest look into a bright light (not for too long though) and avoid all kinds of television/computer/etc for a while.

Jo269976
i have no one to talk about it to:( i do want to leave this feeling but in a way this might sound dumb but its peaceful :(

I'm all ears, and I'm sure many others are :)

sheepydee

well that and there are other things i needa admit but i cant tell people so i just keep it to myself whic probably doesnt help
also i dont stay on my laptop for long
@ jo well i dont really know what to say i dont know whats caused this i just feel so alone , empty, sad :( i want to leave this feeling but in a sense i dont i think im just a mong or something as everyone says :(

Lara_
21-01-09, 19:17
You could chat to me in msn if you life?

To get those worries out.

Talking eases the problem - makes it seem so much smaller than it actually is

Nephili
21-01-09, 19:18
Im sorry to hear this, I went through something similar over Christmas, just try to think of the good things in your life, or talk to someone, that helped me alot.

Im here if you want to chat.

sheepydee
21-01-09, 19:19
You could chat to me in msn if you life?

To get those worries out.

Talking eases the problem - makes it seem so much smaller than it actually is
i'd like to have a chat over msn :) can you PM your email

@nephili , well i dont have much to think of thats good NOTHING not long ago my rabbit died a few year b4 that my grands died and last year my mum almost died in hospital i havent much to look up to in happiness

Lara_
21-01-09, 19:22
done and done :)

sheepydee
21-01-09, 19:24
done and done :)

it might take a while for the email to be added properly

Nausinous
21-01-09, 19:27
Been depressed since I was 15 and I've been on a waiting list for a counciler for over a year and a half :) Fun times.

bivvy
21-01-09, 19:40
I'll let you on a secret Sheepydee. What's square, white and smooth?

sheepydee
21-01-09, 19:41
I'll let you on a secret Sheepydee. What's square, white and smooth?

umm i dunno?

A HEADSTONE!?

Another Lara
21-01-09, 19:46
To me, it sounds like a lot of issues that have just built up at the moment and is making you feel like this..

The time of year doesn't help, I can tell you I'm going through a really hard time myself as I do every winter, as I think I suffer from that S. A. D.

What you really should look into is something I also had which is Cognitive Behavioural Disorder, which means you look into and dwell on everything negative because you've somehow taught yourself to be like that; the situation may not necessarily be bad, but you've taught yourself to see it that way...

If you can't get to a Therapist (you should speak to your dr, who might be able to refer you to someone) try self help books; you might think it's silly and pointless but the one I have really helps!

But if you ever feel like a chat or a rant, just PM me or add me on MSN...

Just rmemeber you're not alone! :hug:

bivvy
21-01-09, 19:49
umm i dunno?

Make a little effort, I'm talking about paper.

Going through a typically moody teen scene two years ago, I found out that writing my feelings down calmed me down, lowered the stress and made me generally happier. It counteracted many of the negative effects of stress that I had. Pick up a writing tool, and just dot down why you feel depressed, just write down anything that comes to mind and don't worry about the penmanship and don't concerned about the readability of your work. Just write it down.

''There always will be someone with bigger problems.'' My Mum told me once. And I believe her.

Lew
21-01-09, 19:53
Been depressed since I was 15 and I've been on a waiting list for a counciler for over a year and a half :) Fun times.

:|. Sometimes I get this but then it passes, just go out have some fun. Don't listen to depressing music or watch a light hearted film.

Lavinder
21-01-09, 20:10
I don't know if I suffer from depression because as much as I hate my life, I love it at the same time - I just feel a overhanging sense of dread constantly but I believe that is just my anxiety disorder. I would like to talk to a psychologist just to see what was wrong with me. :o

Changeling
21-01-09, 20:29
How old are you? If you're a teenager I think this is natural. I think almost all teens go through a stage like this. :o

Just talk to someone about how you're feeling. Bottling it up and not wanting to tell anyone isn't going help, and nobody likes a misery guts. :p

violentblossom
21-01-09, 20:32
why don't you try writing songs/poems, or just drawing??

that's what i did all throughout my teens...

make sure, though, to spend time with people you like.. don't be alone often, if you can help it. get your mind off of it.

Bobsyeruncle
21-01-09, 20:36
Having had anxiety and depression in my teens and early youth, I can sympathize. I believe that is the normal human condition for the Western youth, and probably for other youth who have enough resources to not have to worry about where the next meal is coming from.

Science now knows that much of that generalized feeling of doom and depression has a physical cause that is hard to narrow down, but quite specific when they do. So, then, one would certainly not want to off one's self based on a mechanical bio-systems glitch that can be identified and fixed.

"...as much as I hate my life, I love it just the same". That's the human condition, folks. :)

spikejones
21-01-09, 21:05
music is therapeutic:

youve got a chance
NvFhxtqP-T4

sorrow
pn4L6FiXB4I

those are actually both from the same band;)

sheepydee
21-01-09, 21:24
music is therapeutic:

youve got a chance
NvFhxtqP-T4

sorrow
pn4L6FiXB4I

those are actually both from the same band;)

i cant stand music like that i only like stuff from 80's such as "Nik Kershaw" OR "Kate Bush"

spikejones
21-01-09, 22:24
harsh dude. no wonder you're depressed. living in ancient times and all. you should be more open minded about stuff. theres lots of great inspirational stuff nowadays. dont let the musical style throw you - listen to the lyrics. they hold lots of power.

In a world ruled increasingly by superstition and intolerance, Bad Religion's rousing wall-of-sound punk seems about as necessary now as ever before. It is the impassioned sound of reason, anthems of a bittersweet idealism and a guarded hope set to propulsive guitars and charging drumbeats. And while most groups with even half the artistic output have long ago morphed into stylistic self parody, Bad Religion is currently surging forward with a renewed creative intensity. Their fourteenth album, entitled New Maps of Hell, is both a nod to the band's defiant past and an undeniable step forward in the evolution of a genre they helped to define. While many of the new songs are as brutally fast and unflinchingly heartfelt as anything the band has done before, the record is also filled with unexpected sounds, inventive rhythms and lush pop choruses.

from their own myspace page. these guys have been around for a long time (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bad_religion), even since your self proclaimed musical era.;)

Joely-Moley
22-01-09, 00:34
harsh dude. no wonder you're depressed. living in ancient times and all. you should be more open minded about stuff. theres lots of great inspirational stuff nowadays. dont let the musical style throw you - listen to the lyrics. they hold lots of power.

haha
I love bad religion! ;)

sheepydee
22-01-09, 14:51

from their own myspace page. these guys have been around for a long time (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bad_religion), even since your self proclaimed musical era.;)

so your sayin ive got to stop liking that music and listen to nowadays crap? i dont think so i like that music its nice ;)

stranger1992
22-01-09, 15:19
I AM NOT ALONE ! Woo i love 70's/80's/90's music compared to nowadays. I dont think i own any songs from this decade...

How are you today Sheepydee?

Lara's Backpack
22-01-09, 15:22
If you're still depressed, you're either 1; putting it all on. Or 2; you have depression. Tell your parents to make you a doctors appointment, just dont tell them what its for if you dont want to. If you cant do that then its obviously not that bad.

sheepydee
22-01-09, 15:27
If you're still depressed, you're either 1; putting it all on. Or 2; you have depression. Tell your parents to make you a doctors appointment, just dont tell them what its for if you dont want to. If you cant do that then its obviously not that bad.

achilly for ure info i phoned sum NHS ppl nd organised a meeting thing

@stranger1992 im no feeling to good today :(

Lara's Backpack
22-01-09, 15:29
well for ure info its gr8 that liek you cud do that.

sheepydee
22-01-09, 15:30
well for ure info its gr8 that liek you cud do that.

yeah i hope it goes well but i dunno :(

spikejones
22-01-09, 16:10
tbh its most likely just a slump you are in right now and you will get over it. whats worst is when you have people thinking you are really depressed and they want you to go to a counselor, when you really dont need one. I was "depressed" for a bit (and still can get that way) because of being unemployeed an inable to get a job. Things just arent going the way that I want them to and ive been getting disheartened about it. But I know that it is just a phase and I will get through it. But it does pay to have someone to be able to talk to about things. So if you feel like you cant accurately express your concerns, fears, or whatever else it is here or with your family, then a counselor may be a good option. I personally dont like to talk to counselors since they like to pass judgement without really getting to know who you are and what makes you tick. I find that its better to talk to people that I am close with to sort out emotional feelings.

but I guess one of the best ways that you can help to pull yourself out of a slump is to try to think about what exactly it is that has got you there in the first place. dont let it beat you.

sheepydee
22-01-09, 16:15
tbh its most likely just a slump you are in right now and you will get over it. whats worst is when you have people thinking you are really depressed and they want you to go to a counselor, when you really dont need one. I was "depressed" for a bit (and still can get that way) because of being unemployeed an inable to get a job. Things just arent going the way that I want them to and ive been getting disheartened about it. But I know that it is just a phase and I will get through it. But it does pay to have someone to be able to talk to about things. So if you feel like you cant accurately express your concerns, fears, or whatever else it is here or with your family, then a counselor may be a good option. I personally dont like to talk to counselors since they like to pass judgement without really getting to know who you are and what makes you tick. I find that its better to talk to people that I am close with to sort out emotional feelings.

but I guess one of the best ways that you can help to pull yourself out of a slump is to try to think about what exactly it is that has got you there in the first place. dont let it beat you.

thanks im not really looking forwad to this meeting but i hope i can get rid of this horrible feeling :(

spikejones
22-01-09, 16:37
i know what you mean. try this song out for size. I know your partial to "80's music" but I think this has a more mellow tone you can appreciate and a good message:

Incubus (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incubus_(Band)): Drive from the album "make yourself"
WXvbpLhwCO4

Sometimes, I feel the fear of uncertainty stinging clear
And I can't help but ask myself how much I let the fear
Take the wheel and steer
It's driven me before
And it seems to have a vague, haunting mass appeal
But lately I'm beginning to find that I
Should be the one behind the wheel

Whatever tomorrow brings, I'll be there
With open arms and open eyes yeah

I'll be there

So if I decide to waiver my chance to be one of the hive
Will I choose water over wine and hold my own and drive?
It's driven me before
And it seems to be the way that everyone else gets around
But lately I'm beginning to find that
When I drive myself my light is found

I'll be there

Would you choose water over wine
Hold the wheel and drive

I'll be there

sheepydee
22-01-09, 16:57
i know what you mean. try this song out for size. I know your partial to "80's music" but I think this has a more mellow tone you can appreciate and a good message:

Incubus (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incubus_(Band)): Drive from the album "make yourself"
WXvbpLhwCO4

thats an ok song but its not for my liking

Benguitar
22-01-09, 17:45
Nothing is wrong with you, you are just having a negative time and just don't feel good.

Try as hard as you can to look at and be thankful for the smallest things in the world.

Like, taking a breath, you aren't on assisted breathing. ;)

MadCroy101
22-01-09, 20:56

I'm the same way. I used to be really depressed, but I went to counseling(don't know how to spell), and it got cleared up.:hug:

Nitro Typhoon
22-01-09, 22:32
Get counselling. Or talk to someone you're really close to.

sheepydee
23-01-09, 15:40
Get counselling. Or talk to someone you're really close to.

Gosh that is all everyone says BUT i got a little help from "Another Lara" she gave me some pointers THANKS SO MUCH im still pretty sad though but she has helped me loads :hug:

Dote
23-01-09, 16:30
i dont know how old u are but it could be some hormonal thing there are a few thigns with in the brain that can effect ur mood a shortage of some sort i know i got depressed in my late teens and felt lonely and sad but now its abit better some days it comes back, dont know if it was something in my hormon levels or any of that mbut i know that there are those kinds of depression too, it helps me to aviod t focus on these feelings when they pop up it takes work though but talk to someone that deals with this professionaly and that ur not related too, and eat proparly u have to get agood balance in both ur body and souls to feel complete and if u dont already exercise or anything try do something in that fashion and u'll feel better after a while i hope u get better

Lara Croft!
24-01-09, 13:36
Maybe you are sick or take medication that affects your mood?

NemesisX13X
24-01-09, 16:25
It's okay nothings wrong with you =]
it happens to me alot and worser than a normal state of depression
dont worry it will disapear in any moment and you'll just laugh at yourself :P