PDA

View Full Version : Rare Dreams

Changeling
23-01-09, 23:25
This is a topic to share all of your rare, weird, funny, scary or just plain random dreams! :D

I keep on having this dream where my teeth are either really wobbly or they fall out. It kind of scares me because I have a sort of fear of my teeth falling out... the thought of a gap in my mouth where a tooth once was would just make me mega self-conscious! :p But I don't really know what it means, I just know that I've had it quite a few times recently. :confused:

The dream I had last night was strange. I was in a really nice, modern house and the owners were out... and I just began to absolutely TRASH the place to pieces! Then the owners came back so I locked myself in a cupboard, just praying they wouldn't find me. XD;

Enough about my dreams, what about yours? :)

Joely-Moley
23-01-09, 23:33
Hmm, I’ve had a few pretty strange dreams. The weirdest I can think of off hand is the one I had in which I was a sausage being chased around by a fork…Yep that was definitely the strangest.

laralover_07
23-01-09, 23:34
Oh. My. Gabe. Having a dream about teeth falling out was thought of as a good omen in Ancient Egyptian culture if I remember correctly.

As for my dreams, they are really deep when I'm like, totally out of it, and become more shallow as I wake up. Like when I'm fast asleep, my dreams will have many characters; real and made-up, and as I come around the plot only follows a minority of 2 or 3.

I also do this thing if I roll over, it feels like I'm falling off something and I startle awake. Freaky...

Rivendell
23-01-09, 23:36
I had a mad one the other night, me and a load of other people trying to escape a forest, where we were being chased by a wooden crocodile. It didn't look much like a crocodile, it looked more like a big fallen tree/log with a scrunched up crocodile face. It kept catching people and eating them.

I keep on having this dream where my teeth are either really wobbly or they fall out.

From memory, lots of dream-interpreters claim that having dreams about teeth problems signals you suffering from an illness.

Changeling
23-01-09, 23:36
Oh. My. Gabe. Having a dream about teeth falling out was thought of as a good omen in Ancient Egyptian culture if I remember correctly.

Lucky for me then hopefully! :p XD

I also do this thing if I roll over, it feels like I'm falling off something and I startle awake. Freaky...

OMG I get that a lot too! It's sooo annoying! It always really startles me.

Mrs_Bean
23-01-09, 23:40
For about a week, I had like series of dreams with the same point - me going out in my pajamas. :confused: Once I went to school in pajamas, behaving as nothing's wrong. Once I was sitting in bus in pajamas. Once I was meeting my friend at the bus stop - in pajamas. And all these times I was acting like I didn't even know about that. :confused:

Neteru
24-01-09, 00:25
I would so love to share my most odd dream, unfortunately it's not suitable for the forum. :cln:

Angelus
24-01-09, 00:28
I had a mad one the other night, me and a load of other people trying to escape a forest, where we were being chased by a wooden crocodile. It didn't look much like a crocodile, it looked more like a big fallen tree/log with a scrunched up crocodile face. It kept catching people and eating them.

From memory, lots of dream-interpreters claim that having dreams about teeth problems signals you suffering from an illness.

I used to have a recurring dream where I was being chased through my house by a really dark green crocodile... it was massive but it wouldn't run after me... just creep behind me and watch me.

EDIT: There goes Neteru lowering the tone again. :rolleyes:

sandygrimm
24-01-09, 00:30
I would so love to share my most odd dream, unfortunately it's not suitable for the forum. :cln:

Second that :whi:
yet once I did dream I had Hermes's winged sandals and flew around
but usually I get attached by wolfs or have really really weird dreams that don't make sence)

Nicky
24-01-09, 00:34
I've been having this recurring dream since years, of being a witness to a plane crash. The setting is always different, and I am watching the scene from a distance. But the feel is always the same. Kinda creepy.

Then share the second most odd. Or is it unsuitable too? :mis:

Betal
24-01-09, 00:35
Sometimes I dream that I owe people money. And they are going to kill me because of that.

Then when I wake up I'm not fully awake. So I keep going between the bathroom and my bedroom because I'm too afraid.
After that I always come up with tha tmy family can help me pay then I fall asleep again.

Then I wake up in the morning and just wonder what the hell I was doing. Dunno if it's rare but.....

rowanlim
24-01-09, 00:35
I dreamed that I followed my dad out of the house in the middle of the night, then I'll see him grapple with some dude & I'll try to stop it, only to be flung off the top of the building. When my feet touches the ground, I wake up with my feet pressed against the headboard.

disapearing-boy
24-01-09, 00:43
I often have had dreams of my teeth falling out!!! Those dreams terrify me!!!:o

I once had a strange dream after seeing Titanic when i was 12. I dreamt that the entire country of Ireland (were i live!) was sinking!! Then Kate Winslet ran over to me in hysterics telling me that there wasn't enough cornflakes!!!:p

All the lifeboats were floating in the air and i was trying to get one but they were to high up

Anyone wanna try and interpret that?? lol

Also once i dreamt i was kidnapped and was working as a slave on the moon with lot's of other slaves, minning something. Anyway Rachel Stevens (British pop singer) was also a slave and we escaped with some other people, and then we were hiding in some 5 star hotel were me and Rachel *ahem* spent the night. That was really strange 'cos i'm gay and never dream about girls in such inappropriate ways.

Then we had to find the space station back to earth but the only way to get there was through a desert guarded by wolves... i don't remember how it ended tbh

Geck-o-Lizard
24-01-09, 00:44
My subconscious advisor takes the form of my old English teacher. He pops up in the strangest places in my dreams. :confused:

Neteru
24-01-09, 01:07
Then share the second most odd. Or is it unsuitable too? :mis:

Umm. Yes. :D

Encore
24-01-09, 01:08
I think the coolest and weirdest dream I had was dreaming there was a Cloverfield-like monster attacking my city Lisbon and I was running away with my family right in the middle of the action. I mean, it was absolutely terrifying while it lasted, but when I woke up I felt it was so funny! Like I was inside the movie! :D

My subconscious advisor takes the form of my old English teacher. He pops up in the strangest places in my dreams. :confused:

That sounds highly unconfortable. :pi:

dizzydoil
24-01-09, 01:10
I begin to walk down this corridor, pitch-black with a flashing light half way down it. The music of t.A.T.u, 'All About Us' playing softly in the distance. I'm just gazing into the light when it changes colour, now flashing blue. A fork jumps in from the left, the music now playing closer to me and rather loud. The fork dances, and grows a big grin. "Come dance, Dale. Come dance." It says this over and over. I have to like wake myself up by thinking of feet (don't ask) to get rid of the dream. It has happened like 3 times this week. It's weird, but cool. Once I go back to sleep, I don't even have the same dream or similar - strange :D.

I have had worse dreams in the past, ones I don't like to talk about :).

:p

MiCkiZ88
24-01-09, 01:27
An odd one from few nights ago:

Dreamt of Resident Evil Degeneration (without even seeing the damn movie, nor thinking about the trailers in months) and my dream seemed to follow Claire. She was trying to stop the zombies and what not at the airport, but as she were about to shout something at the guards/men in black (from the trailer) she experienced some sort of heart attack and fell down. People gathered around her and presumed she was dead. As they turned their backs on her, she slowly stood up.. laughing (ala Laughing octopus from MGS4) with an evil grin on her face and her eyes glowing dark green, holding something between her arms (in the air with magic of somesort). Out of nowhere Leon appears and shoots her in the head with a shotgun.. Her head explodes, revealing that she was an cyborg. Her head was detachable..

Scientists walk in to the hall with one of them saying: ''Claire.. my dearest speciment. What an failure you were''

I've been playing/watching too much Resi and metal gear...

EmeraldFields
24-01-09, 03:03
I rarely remember my dreams. When I do dream it is often the same over and over.

Gladous
24-01-09, 04:43
I have dreams almost every night of me falling for eternity and then i wake up either shaky and freaked out, or off of my bed all sweaty. :o

I sometimes I have dreams of me loosing my family or becoming extremely ill and die. :(

Changeling
24-01-09, 10:07
I have dreams almost every night of me falling for eternity and then i wake up either shaky and freaked out, or off of my bed all sweaty. :o

I sometimes I have dreams of me loosing my family or becoming extremely ill and die. :(

I hate those sort of dreams! :(

I once had a dream that my mum had abandoned me and left me out on the streets. I was only about 6 or 7 years old at the time, so that was a really scary dream!

Usually, whenever I have a dream, I always think that it's real... it's really rare if I ever have a lucid dream, but I do remember having a few. :p

I think the most random dream I had was a continuous dream where I was watching a fishtank... nothing else. Just watching the fish in this fishtank swim around... it was pretty boring XD

tomblover
24-01-09, 10:42
Umm. Yes. :D Third most? :p

I have weird dreams almost all the time. Like, not freaky-weird, just odd/weird-weird. :vlol:

Archetype
24-01-09, 10:43
White room dreams, just walking around this big white room.. trying to get out.

Nausinous
24-01-09, 10:54
I constantly have dreams about the apocolaypse and most of them are extremely blurred.

This one time, there was a virus that made everyone into a pig-human hybrid. The people that were immune to the virus got made slaves by the pig people, I was one of the people that were immune and we got put in a factory/testing laborartry. We formed a resistance, one paticular member of the resistance, Nick, was a scientist and he was able to make a bomb with our help. A few days later, the bomb went off and we all made attempts at escaping. The few us of that did make it out managed to get to the abandoned cars in the car park adjacent to the factory/laborartry, a few of the cars had keys left in them, me and my friend got in a mini. I remember vividly saying to her 'I'm so going to Topman after this.' and I tried to drive out of the car park but there was a second explosion. I woke up in chains, being ordered to do the same factory work as yesterday. Then I woke up.

Drone
24-01-09, 10:59
Seen myself in hell, wielding a minigun and killing all the demons there

kristi
24-01-09, 11:05
I had the physics decathlon today.I first woke up at 7am,then I went sleeping again.I dreamed about waking up at 8am then a lot of strange things happened,unlinked with the others.Then,I saw it was 9am.I was terribly late.My parents told me it's too late,but I wanted to get there.Time seemed to run at lightspeed.It seemed so real and I didn't know if I was in a dream or it was true...
I finally woke up,very scared.I looked at the clock and fortunately,it was 8:37.I was so reliefed.I then went at the decathlon.

I did all the exercises.The weren't hard.Mom said me that dreams don't tell the truth.She was right.

Hermina94
24-01-09, 11:24
I had this weird dream when i was a kid.I was playing with a crocodile and a gorilla beside a lake house(the house has many stairs).At a moment,the croc attacked the gorilla,but I seperated them.I had to go out to shop for something,and when I came back I went near the stair,and the croc was coming down.He was carrying somekind of a plate covered with a white curtain:confused:.I lifted it and underneath it was the gorrilas head staring at me

Draco
24-01-09, 11:48

Does it bare a striking resemblance to an episode of Lexx?

TRfan23
24-01-09, 12:18
I recall having a Premonition dream when I was in hospital all drugged up after having open heart surgery. It was about these foreign people, planning on blowing up a subway train in London, and my family was on it and they kidnapped my sis. Now this was back around the beginning of April 2005 a couple of months before the London bombings :( Luckily I nor me and my family where near the bombings in reality. Suppose this is what drugs like morphine can do to you? And I'm certain that dream was linked to those bombings?

But some of the main rare dreams I have normally which I haven't had for a long time, was going into a deep sleep and having a dream of rope, and the deck of 52 or something like that. Then I would wake up but not exactly be awake completely, only half and would start panicking for no reason. But I always have odd dreams, then don't we all, and sadly I forget them a lot more then I used to :(

Oh and @ Changeling - Having a dream of your teeth falling out is a sign of a fear of death according to my English teacher.

TR93
24-01-09, 12:21

Same for me:p...
Not suitable for the forum:cln:...too much detail:p

although I had a weird dream about running from the Police once...:p Weird weird!!!!

Twiin
24-01-09, 12:33
I tried to keep a dream diary for a while, but it proved too difficult to stir myself awake enough in the middle of the night to write down any dreams I might forget.

But I did manage to write down some really epic dreams! Seriously, nonsensical over-arching characters and plots, and a sense that something had come before it despite having never dreamed such a thing.

Here's one:

I'm with a group of friends; we all have tags, which, once combined, allow us to traverse into alternate dimensions. It seems they work by the wish of the group, or perhaps even one member of the group.
In one dimension, we are outside a pub, which seems to be carved into a huge tree. We enter, but then I am whisked away into an interrogation room; made entirely of wood. My sister is my interrogator (she's a policewoman), and claims I’ve raped a teacher. However, I deny and escape… running out the room and through the ‘pub’ then finally I reach a bedroom, open up to see three of my friends. One says she’s sorry as it’s her fault, she wished SHAME upon me. Why?!?! I run outside the room to the balcony, and stand on the rails. I utter “It’s time to leave” and fall backwards off the balcony, moving slowly as I fall… hitting the ground at a slow pace, hardly feeling it.
We wake in the real world. The warp spot appears in another spot. We venture to this KT’s house where it is. We reach KT’s house, and enter a room – she’s been waiting for us! It’s in the attic – low ceiling with a huge multi-coloured rainbow cloth coming down from it, covering the ceiling. We begin the ceremony…
End.

Psycho-analyse THAT, Freud!!

Changeling
24-01-09, 13:09
Oh and @ Changeling - Having a dream of your teeth falling out is a sign of a fear of death according to my English teacher.

Hm... that could make sense. I do somewhat have a fear of death. :p

digitizedboy
24-01-09, 13:31
I keep a dream diary, so there's lots of kooky and weird stuff I "could" tell. It's fun to keep one because I can look back at them sometimes and have a good laugh. Plus, I could make some good stories one day. :)

The last one I dreamt was about Bruce Willis and his pupils were dilated, just as if he was stoned. And he was skipping down the road while whistling the theme tune to Bob the builder.
A real disturbing image considering I really appreciate his character in the movie Pulp Fiction. lol o_o

Goose
24-01-09, 13:37
When my feet touches the ground, I wake up with my feet pressed against the headboard.

Wow, you must be really flexible to get your feet all the way up above your head!:p

The most vivid dream iv ever had was during the night that my dad died, i wanted nothing more then to have him back, but in the dream, i was waiting for him in my living room, he came in and told me it was his time to go and he showed me where he was going, although this dream was so vivid, i cant remember for the life of me what this place he showed me looked like. This was 2002, he was wearing a police uniform, which was odd to me as he left the police in 1997 when i was 10, it wasn't really an association thing by then. Never wanted a dream to be real so much in my life, i don't normally remember them, or if i do there not in any coherent form, just random parts.

dcw123
24-01-09, 13:43
I remember having a dream that I went shopping and bought TRAE (Core's) from GAME:p It felt SO real too, as many of mine are....although it ended as I got home.
When I woke up I could have swarn I had bought it-thats how real it was LOL

*laralover*
24-01-09, 13:47
O i love dreaming i have a dream book :D Iv had the dream about wobbly teeth too but about that time i was thinking about the dentists alot! :D I had a weird one last night must of been from that Lost thread :p me and Sawyer were ona raft in the ocean with a bunch of other people then we got to this island and there were all these hanging scuba divers from TR2 in mid air :confused: Then a Orca came up to me from the water and chased us so me and all these people started running away :vlol: I also have some dreams that happen a few days later...tiny things too like ill go into town and enter a shop and look at a top and go "yeah thats awesome" then someone will say to me "yeah i bought that last week" and i get this weird feeling like i remember this happening...and it was in my dream! :D

ultima espio
24-01-09, 13:58
I kept having this dream where me and my friends went into a field near alton towers (dunno why we were there, we dont live there lol) and the whole field set on fire and everyone died apart from me.

Betal
24-01-09, 14:03
I also have some dreams that happen a few days later...tiny things too like ill go into town and enter a shop and look at a top and go "yeah thats awesome" then someone will say to me "yeah i bought that last week" and i get this weird feeling like i remember this happening...and it was in my dream! :D

I think most people gets that. It's called 'Déjà vu'. That means "already seen".

And it doesn't really have anything with dreams to do. If I remember right something happends in the brain so it store what happends at that minute in the long time memory. So it feels like it happend before or maybe in a dream.... :p

dcw123
24-01-09, 14:09
When I was about 6 or 7, I used to have horrible dreams - watched too many horror movies that I shoudlnt have (didnt bother my mum that I played and finished Resident Evil at 6 years old):p

Anyway.... I had a dream that I was in my house and everything was how it was in real life, except about half of my family had turned into zombies.
I got scared when I heard them coming up the stairs, so I hid in a closet. I could hear my parents screaming, then the door to the room opened....
It was dark, and the last thing I remembered was them clawing at the closet door:o
Woke up in a sweat after THAT..:p

Neteru
24-01-09, 14:37
Does it bare a striking resemblance to an episode of Lexx?

I don't even know what that is and I'm laughing.

Third most? :pNope. :D

OK, one odd/horific dream that I can post, and which is a recurring theme for many years now. Basically I have a bug, like a parasitic, termite kind of thing and it is burrowing its way through my body. I can see this because as I look at my body, I see the skin collapsing over areas it has burrowed through, kind of sinking in where the flesh underneath has been eaten away.

CerebralAssassin
24-01-09, 15:52
probably one of the most strangest of dreams I've had was "falling" through space..very surreal to say the least!!:p

^that,and...dating a certain member from here!!:pi::pi::pi:

Dark Lugia 2
24-01-09, 16:16
I don't even know what that is and I'm laughing.

Nope. :D

OK, one odd/horific dream that I can post, and which is a recurring theme for many years now. Basically I have a bug, like a parasitic, termite kind of thing and it is burrowing its way through my body. I can see this because as I look at my body, I see the skin collapsing over areas it has burrowed through, kind of sinking in where the flesh underneath has been eaten away.

Woaah, that reminds me of that creepie movie - The Langoliers! o.o

Nannonxyay
24-01-09, 16:21
I think having a dream of Pete Wentz singing "Your Sex Is On Fire," into some old rock star's crotch is pretty weird if you ask me. Oh yeah, Ryland Blackington from Cobra Starship joining Torchwood is pretty weird too. :p

Hairhelmet12
24-01-09, 17:36
Oh man ive had stange dreams...and one ive had recently was Vary odd...But cant say it here :p

I once had a dream where i was at my brother's friends house and it was so weird like random people would just show up and then dissapear and i turned out it was a women there who was killing peope...god..im glad i woke up O_o

I had other dreams about zombies attacksing, there so real i would wake up and go look at my parents to make sure thay where alive O_o and still i was scared when i woke up from one, i would walk around my house inthe morning scared that a zombie wou8ld jump out, LMFAO dreams...

I want to have a dream and im in disco heaven! like lady gagas song! "Oh disco heaven!" and i would be discoin the night away! "The lights still on where danceing, yeah the floor is shakein in the disco heaven!" lol!

laralauraxxx
24-01-09, 17:43
i had one recently where someone in america decided that everyone needed to die. so they built this massive jet to put everyone in, but it looked like a regular jumbo jet. anyway, everyone had to comute in some big shopping centre decorated in christmas stuff, with trees, tinsel, snow, etc. when it was the middle of the summer, anyway. me and some friends decided we would get high before dying, so we went and did just that in a big field out the back of the shopping centre. next thing we knew was that the jumbo jet had taken off and had flown into a black hole, and me and about 5 friends were left in this field, we were the onlly people on the planet. so not knowing what to do, we decided to take refuge in a near by well placed house. ;D it was all good, until this big blue semi transparent object came to get us and punish us for not being on the jumbo jet. - the big blue object was based on a wrist supporter thingy that you use whilst using a computer mouse which i saw at my work experience. - so after a while of hiding it found us, and absorbed us, and all i could see was a blue tinted world. very very strange dream,

bivvy
24-01-09, 20:13
A beautiful, strange and wonderful dream that occured to me one night. I was riding of a winged turtle, flying across the sea. We reach a huge palace, Taj Mahal-like. Where 4 huge golden statues of Zeus, Aphrodite, Apollo and Athena were seated on thrones. The palace was partially in ruins. I touched Zeus's big toe and somehow he became alive, very angry and wielding a trident (probably stolen from Neptune. :vlol:) The trident struck lightning and I was sent falling thousands of feet into the sea. I landed on a speeding mermaid's back. She told me to 'watch out next time.'

Wolf Angel
24-01-09, 20:38

OMG that happens to me all the time! lol
I remember a really weird dream where it was in the middle of the night, and me and a load of other people were running on a road in a city. I was running while at the same time holding a pink cushion with a glass slipper on it! Then I tripped, fell flat on my face, then woke up! :p

I had another weird dream where me and my cousins were hiding in some bushes at the side of a country road. We were hiding from a massive T-rex, who was running up the road roaring as it passed us! So scary! :eek:

Tonyrobinson
24-01-09, 21:49
Me and my friends were on a beach and went into an old public toilet covered in grafitti there were alot of naked womens corpses and they were covered in scars and blood. It turned out my friend had raped and killed them all. It was very scary.