PDA

View Full Version : Underworld: Rise of the Lycans

Soma Holiday
24-01-09, 01:15
Anyone seen it? Anyone interested?

I'm a HUGE Underworld fan and I just got back from a showing. I thought it was wonderful. Could have been longer, but it was still a great movie with a tragic love story.

I just love Lucian, he's such a fabulous character...

:)

Spong
24-01-09, 01:19
I sooooooooo wanna see this movie. I've got the other two and I didn't even know this one was being released until about a week ago. Glad you enjoyed it.

Immortalis08
24-01-09, 01:25
I just got home from the movies. It was amazing! I've gained more respect for Rhona Mitra! I certainly enjoyed it. Now I must see Underworld 1 and 2 :vlol:

Spong
24-01-09, 01:34
Rhona Mitra?
Don't you mean Kate Beckinsale? Unless of course Rhona Mitra is actually in Underworld III at some point.

ThatNorskChick
24-01-09, 01:45
I loved the first movie...wasn't too keen on the second one. This one certainly looks interesting but I'm afraid of being disappointed again.

Soma Holiday
24-01-09, 01:46
Uh...Rhona Mitra is the STAR of Underworld 3...It's a prequel...no Kate Beckinsale required. Rhona should be the new Lara Croft...she would be perfect!!!

lol...if you haven't seen the first 2 then this one would be a surprised...I knew everything that was gonna happen...it was still amazing though.

Though now Lucian is the good guy in my mind, so Selene kinda sucks. lol

I loved the first movie...wasn't too keen on the second one. This one certainly looks interesting but I'm afraid of being disappointed again.

I am the same and I wasn't dissapointed at all...it feels more like the original and it stays within the realm of the war as opposed to going out of it...it was much better than the 2nd one...

Spong
24-01-09, 01:55
Uh...Rhona Mitra is the STAR of Underworld 3...It's a prequel...no Kate Beckinsale required.

Well I'll be :yik:
I just checked it out and it seems I know less about this than I previously thought. Which has turned out to be a shame because I hate Rhona Mitra and now have absolutely no desire to see this movie. Kate Beckinsale was excellent in her role as Selene, if she's not in it (and being a prequel is no reason seeing as Lucien & Viktor and others seem to be in it) then the movie's not worth it for me.

Talk about thoroughly disappointed. I take back what I said in my first post.

ThatNorskChick
24-01-09, 02:04
I am the same and I wasn't dissapointed at all...it feels more like the original and it stays within the realm of the war as opposed to going out of it...it was much better than the 2nd one...

Ah, well then maybe I'll give it a go. :tmb: I will miss Kate though...but Rhona's cool too.

Punaxe
24-01-09, 02:14
Woah it's not going to be out here until March 26th... Damn.

Jinkss
24-01-09, 02:32
I really want to see this movie too! I really liked the other two, but I don't have anyone to see this with because my friends aren't in to it. How do I talk them into going?? :)

Soma Holiday
24-01-09, 02:33
Well I'll be :yik:
I just checked it out and it seems I know less about this than I previously thought. Which has turned out to be a shame because I hate Rhona Mitra and now have absolutely no desire to see this movie. Kate Beckinsale was excellent in her role as Selene, if she's not in it (and being a prequel is no reason seeing as Lucien & Viktor and others seem to be in it) then the movie's not worth it for me.

Talk about thoroughly disappointed. I take back what I said in my first post.

If you like the first film at all you will enjoy this one...I don't know why you hate Rhone but she is wonderful in this...she is alot like Selene, so maybe you would like her.

It's a great film even without the main characters from the originals. It has alot of backstory and I'd love to see a sequel to the prequel, if they do that. lol.

Mr.Burns
24-01-09, 02:36
Good movie. Story wasn't anything spectacular but it was interesting to see the back story fleshed out (pun intended). Rhona was good and I've been thinking that if the folks at Paramount are indeed considering another actress for a third TR movie, they may have been waiting to see how Rhona did in this one. The only part I didn't like (nothing to do with the film per say) was the old crone in front of me talking on her cell phone. :mad:

Spong
24-01-09, 02:38
I think I'll wait for it to come out on DVD. As much as the movie might have a great plot and all that, I'm one of those people who, once I develop an aversion for someone, I have trouble watching anything with them in. It's why I've never watched any movies with Tom Cruise in, I can't stand the man. Which is a shame really because War of the Worlds looked amazing.

EmeraldFields
24-01-09, 02:56
Most likely going to be a rental. I enjoyed the first two films.

erosan
24-01-09, 05:54
I think it was AMAZING, and it puts every vampire movie to shame. Rhona was great

Hermina94
24-01-09, 11:33
yeeeee!!!Im such a huge fan of Underworld,and my fav actress is Kate Beckinsale!!!

rowanlim
24-01-09, 12:50
I haven't watched the previous 2 films, initially I didn't like the film, but after reading the synopsis(es?) online, I think Underworld 3 is okay :)

Rhona was good :tmb:

digitizedboy
24-01-09, 13:42
Haven't seen it, but I appreciate Michael Sheen's acting talent. One of my fav modern time actors. *nods*

I'll probably rent it at some point since it's not a film I would directly go out of the way and see at the cinema. Although saying that, I saw Hellboy 2 on cinema and I thought it was good. Very imaginative.

Lara Croft!
24-01-09, 14:30
I want to watch it some time soon!

Melonie Tomb Raider
24-01-09, 15:12
I'm a huge fan of the original Underworld, as some of you may know, but the second sucked majorly, and tbh, I'm afraid the third will be even worse. We'll see though...

IceColdLaraCroft
24-01-09, 15:16
I wanted Sophia to return in Evolution.

Speedman makes me hot :)

Candee Sparks
24-01-09, 16:25
Though now Lucian is the good guy in my mind, so Selene kinda sucks. lol

Lucian was a good guy to begin with, just in the first movie they lead you to believe that Viktor is the saint.

Saw it last night, go see it!

Ada the Mental
24-01-09, 16:38
I'm thinking about watching it, but on the other hand, I have this feeling it's gonna suck.

Maybe next week, as I'm more interesting in watching The Curious Case of Benjamin Button right now. :jmp:

petujaymz
24-01-09, 16:49
I tried to enjoy the first two; in much the same way I tried to enjoy Van Helsing (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0338526/) and the Blade (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120611/) films.

Guess vampires and werewolves aren't my thing.

:wve:

laralauraxxx
24-01-09, 17:38
I'm thinking about watching it, but on the other hand, I have this feeling it's gonna suck.

same here. it's just something about the fact it's the third film, it doesnt have kate beckingstale in, and the title sounds a bit, dodgy really. but i'm going to watch it next week anyway, so maybe i'll be proved wrong :p

Soma Holiday
25-01-09, 16:29
Lucian was a good guy to begin with, just in the first movie they lead you to believe that Viktor is the saint.

Saw it last night, go see it!

I know, it's just that he is supposed to be somewhat of an antagonist through the movie up until the end when you realize he isn't...now when I watch it I root for him from the begginning.

I don't miss Kate Beckinsale at all because Sonja is such a better character than Selene that it doesn't matter that she's absent.

I would rather want 100 movies based on Lucian and Sonja than go back to Michael and Selene. Evolution ruined them for me, and while I still love the first movie, their characters just aren't as interesting anymore...:(

Anyways, I'm going back to see it today! 3rd time! I've vowed to see it 5 times because my current record for seeing the same film in theaters is 4. I have no life lolol. :D