PDA

View Full Version : Happy Australia Day!

IceColdLaraCroft
25-01-09, 16:00
To all our TRF Aussies. Happy Australia Day!

http://i39.************/wk1lxd.jpg

Atlantisfreak666
25-01-09, 17:00
I'm from the UK but anyway...
Happy Australia day!

Tonyrobinson
25-01-09, 17:35
Didn't know there was such thing but have a G'day mate! (Is that a stereotype lol)

rowanlim
26-01-09, 13:42
Happy Australia Day! :D What does it signify? :)

aileenwuornos
26-01-09, 13:44
Heh, yeah. I had fun celebrating that's fo sho.

digitizedboy
26-01-09, 13:49
Happy Australia Day! :D What does it signify? :)

I don't know that one either, but I'm guessing it must have something to do with the British empire. :confused:

anyway happy Australia Day. :)

mizuno_suisei
26-01-09, 14:25
Wasnt it when Australia was first recognised as its own country, January 26th 1901? Meh I dont know anything about my own country's history. Happy Australia Day to all :)

Nefertiti_89
26-01-09, 14:28
Lol ok I find it hilarious that by the time most of us get that it will no longer be Australia day! Remember, its already tommorrow here!

And no the 26th of January 1900 was the day they decided to become a Federation, and on January 1st 1901 we actually became a nation. BUT since we cant have 2 things being celebrated on the 1st of Jan (New Years Day and Australia Day), they had to move it to another day.

Well...I'm pretty sure thats how the story goes anyway...

Most Australians dont care though, we just want that day off work! :D

The Great Chi
26-01-09, 14:47
Any excuse for a day off work is a good thing :D

I propose happy world week :p

disneyprincess20
26-01-09, 14:51
Happy Australia day! May you throw another shrimp on the barbie and have a g'day!

:D

Apologies for the stereotyping

mizuno_suisei
26-01-09, 15:17
^ I've never heard of Shrimp on a barbie :vlol: Maybe Snagger on the barbie would be a better phrase xD

I agree Chi, but one adjustment, Happy World Month :p One BIG public holiday hehe.

Nefertiti_89
26-01-09, 15:41
Happy Australia day! May you throw another shrimp on the barbie and have a g'day!

:D

Apologies for the stereotyping

Lol yeah...spread the word that the word "shrimp" does not exist in the Australian vocabluary PLEASE!!!! I BESEACH YOU! lol

Other alternative acceptable phrases would be:

Chuck a few snags on the barbie (put some sausages on the barbeque please)

or

Crack open a coldie (open a cold beer)

robm_2007
26-01-09, 16:07
Didn't know there was such thing but have a G'day mate! (Is that a stereotype lol)

no. neither is:

"Maybe the dingo ate your baby". one of my favorite qoutes. :)

mizuno_suisei
26-01-09, 16:11
Yeah, Dingo ate my baby is the most used australian stereotype I've ever heard.

But Crack open a coldie? :vlol: I've never heard that, its usually just Open a beer for me? or Open a beer for me mate. Maybe us perthians arent as big slang users than the rest of the country :p

TombRaiderCool
26-01-09, 16:16
Happy Australia Day, guys! :D

MattTR
26-01-09, 18:48
Happy Aussie day! It's like one of my favorite countries/continents/islands, all of the above oh yeah! Even though I'm American, I wanna move there one day, just cause it's that cool. :D

By the way, I never knew there was an Australia day, awesome. :tmb: