PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Raider IX VS. Tomb Raider : Revisited

Mr.Bouncer
25-01-09, 17:09
Hey there errybady,
Ummm, I know all of us would LOVE a brand new adventure starring Lara Croft but we'd also love to see some of the amazing Classics remade

and till now we haven't heard any announcement about HOW the new TR will be ...

but there's still a possibility that the new TR will be a Remake, so now I wanna share my ideas with you about the New TR in both cases if it was a Remake or a Brand New Story.

If it will be a brand new story i wish it will be in Mesopotamia (Ancient Iraqi Civilization)

If it's a remake I'd love to see AOD or TR2

what about u guys n gurlz ?

john_york
25-01-09, 17:10
Say no to remakes!

Say no to re-used ideas!

Say yes to brand new ideas and a brand new tr!

Mr.Bouncer
25-01-09, 17:16
Say no to remakes!

Say no to re-used ideas!

that's ur opinion and it could be a good idea but remember that the TR:A remake led to TR:Underworld which we're playing now in spite of it's countless disappointments specially with Outfits & DLC

takamotosan
25-01-09, 17:21
i honestly think AOD deserves to be remade...

refurbished graphics, responsive controls, and filled-in plotholes would do it the justice it originally deserved.

RAID
25-01-09, 17:22
After the catastrophic Anniversary, I don't want them to remake 1/4 of TR2.

They'd butcher it no doubt, just to bring us a "new game". TRA was a new game to them, but to me, it was 1/4 of TR1 , and all the good stuff in that 1/4, was replaced by white ledges. I'd like TR2, 3, and 4 not to suffer the same fate.

AOD on the other hand, as gameplay and level design, I don't think it can get worse *cross fingers, hope I'm right*. But the story on the other hand, can only get worse. Especially if they turn Lara into Daddy's little girl again, and the story relates to her family once again.

SamReeves
25-01-09, 17:25
A remake is a sign of desperation. With half of the developers gone, how the hell is Eidos going to produce another game by the skeleton crew they have?

Mr.Bouncer
25-01-09, 17:25
i honestly think AOD deserves to be remade...

refurbished graphics, responsive controls, and filled-in plotholes would do it the justice it originally deserved.

EXACTLY

After the catastrophic Anniversary, I don't want them to remake 1/4 of TR2.

They'd butcher it no doubt, just to bring us a "new game". TRA was a new game to them, but to me, it was 1/4 of TR1 , and all the good stuff in that 1/4, was replaced by white ledges. I'd like TR2, 3, and 4 not to suffer the same fate.

AOD on the other hand, as gameplay and level design, I don't think it can get worse *cross fingers, hope I'm right*. But the story on the other hand, can only get worse. Especially if they turn Lara into Daddy's little girl again, and the story relates to her family once again.

at least we'll get the chance to revive the whole series instead of being just PAST and many many can never play them again ... besides TR:A wasn't that bad ...

Pietras
25-01-09, 17:26
Say no to remakes!

Say no to re-used ideas!

This.

RAID
25-01-09, 17:26
With half of the developers gone, how the hell is Eidos going to produce another game by the skeleton crew they have?
Translation:

Fewer ppl on the development team + lack of cash + releasing a game per year = short buggy ride.

dream raider
25-01-09, 17:28
Say no to remakes!

Say no to re-used ideas!

:tmb:

Alex Fly
25-01-09, 17:57
I'd prefer a brand new game created with their own ideas instead of a remake.

Cochrane
25-01-09, 18:25
I'd like if they released a new Tomb Raider II, updated to work on Mac OS X, including a window mode and compatible with wide-screen monitors. A remake, however, sounds like a rather bad idea.

TRII is highly over the top in many areas, and the story is just plain rubbish, but that's what makes it so much fun. If CD feels the need to make the graphic style less colorful and more realistic, as well as add some meaningful story about Lara's uncle or something, and of course throw in the modern, limited control system, then I frankly don't think that the result would be a better game.

Similar things can be said for AoD as well, of course. Sure, the game was horribly buggy, had a terrible story, bad controls and Kurtis Trent, but it also had it's unique form of potential for greatness that I would still love to see fulfilled. CD, however, is taking TR in a completely different direction.

Mr.Bouncer
26-01-09, 11:17
If a remake means a improvement in a CORRECT WAY given to the CORRECT HANDS then i don't mind it at all, but if it means destroying the old sense of Tomb Raider which we loved then they'd better make a new one BUT PLEASE make IT LONG AND AMAZING not short and BREIF n NO MORE DISTINGUISHING BETWEEN CONSOLES NO MATTER WHAT.

ajrich17901
26-01-09, 11:34
Ive been dieing to see a remake of AOD for years so of course im up for that as long as they dont butcher anything, that is. Who am i kidding, gimme my AOD remake cd ~.~

da tomb raider!
26-01-09, 12:04
Say no to remakes!

Say no to re-used ideas!

Ditto.

Supernova
26-01-09, 12:12
So many people say they want a remake but when they finally get it most of you will hate it anyway for not being everything you hoped for.

I want a brand new game, save the remake for the 20 year anniversary please.

Rai
26-01-09, 12:26
Why exactly should Crystal remake any of core's old games? This is just a guess but Eidos told them to do a remake of TR1 for the Anniversary and Crystal saw the opportunity to elaborate on that story and used it to fit in with TRU. In that way a remake worked for their own ideas. I really can't see a need for any other remakes.

I'd prefer a brand new story and let Crystal take Tomb Raider into the future. The direction they've taken the game in so far has been cautious at best, but they need to concentrate on new ideas rather than looking back all the time.

AOD and any of the other Core games have been made and are available for people to play, why do they need a remake of them. They're good enough games on their own. They can only really be improved graphically. As supernova said, remakes don't often live up to expectations.

Anarae
26-01-09, 19:41
The only remake I am interested in is Angel of Darkness. Cram the "trilogy" into a single game and fill in the plot gaps. Downsize the ghetto and either fix Kurtis's controls or just use him in cutscenes. Easy peasy. But don't go changing my storyline, cause that's not cool, okay? Keep the storyline and Hall of Seasons in tact and I'll take whatever you got.

As for brand new, I am all for that too. I don't really care what you do with the brand new one. Now that Mommy! is dead (:mis: she better be dead, right?), there is nowhere to go but up. Let's be mature about it though. I wanna see stuff bleed. :D Okay, I guess that last sentence wasn't too mature, but you get the point...

Los Angeles
28-01-09, 02:58
Say no to remakes!

Say no to re-used ideas!

:tmb:

And please something completely ledge-free. Or, let's say 90% ledge-free!

Love2Raid
28-01-09, 18:49
A remake wouldnīt be a very wise idea in my opinion right now, it could push poor Lara right over the edge, if you know what I mean.

We need something completely new and unexpected, something unique, something that blows us away. :tmb:

tyler
28-01-09, 18:51
NO to remakes

Anniversary was amazing game but good for a one off i think.

If they had to remake one TR2 would be my choice if only to see how scarily daunting the Opera House would be.

NEW ADVENTURE....SAME LARA AS UNDERWORLD...Maybe bring back the doppeleganger (as she is in underworld) so we can kill her in an awesome boss battle between the two laras.

Rai
08-02-09, 17:43
As much as I want a brand new story for the future games, I was wondering how people felt about a compilation remake? What I mean more precisely is favourite levels of each of games 1-6 in a Chronicles style format, that didn't rely on a specific story, just places that Lara has visited in between her 'main' adventures. I was thinking along the lines of explaining what Lara was up to in between TR/A and TRL? It might help as a time-line guide. I'm not saying repeat the Chronicles idea exactly where we see Lara revisit a location (like the Colleseum) but for a different artiface, I mean an actual nod towards the older levels. For instance we could see a reimagined Venice and Tibet in TR2 followed by TR3's South Pacific and Nevada levels, then a couple from TRLR and AOD etc (examples only).

This way, fans wanting a remake could get their wishes without a reworking of whole games, just a sample of the favourite levels. It would give a feeling of nostalgia without having to confuse any current stories. Maybe Crystal/Eidos do a poll for the fans to see which levels are their favourites and work from there, maybe selecting about 15 altogether?

I would have started a new thread about this but there are plenty of individual game remake threads, so this one seemed as good as any.

Tony9595
08-02-09, 19:33
I liked Anniversary, and Iīd like to see more remakes, but not now, first I think that they have to show us that they have the potential to make an "epic" remake, TR1 is better by far than TRA and thatīs not the kind of thing you expect on a remake...

so, if they can make an incredible TR9, then Iīll accept a remake, I donīt want them to destroy such amazing games with :cen: remakes

CiaFutureK
08-02-09, 19:38
Please no more remakes. Remakes just shows us that CD can't come up with their own ideas. TR9 needs to be soemthing completely different all together.

Mr.LadyCroft
09-02-09, 03:12
Say no to remakes!

Say no to re-used ideas!

I totally agree with you 100%.

The_Underworld
09-02-09, 03:58
Say no to remakes!

Say no to re-used ideas!

Absolutely! I'd love to see what CD can do next

say yes to bikini!:D

aussie500
09-02-09, 04:17
No reason to remake anything else, they should just continue with the new adventures. l look forward to seeing if Lara and Amanda ever actually forgive each other and combine their skills and knowledge to solve some of the mysteries of the ancients and Atlantis. l would not mind if Kurtis turned up at some point just so we could find out what he is up to, but if we never see him again l am fine with that as well.