PDA

View Full Version : Kate Bush General Thread :D

sheepydee
27-01-09, 16:32
Heres just a thread u can post comments about her and her song and stuff
TELL WHAT YOUR FAVE SONG IS :D:D:D:D:D

Mine is "SomeThing Like A Song" (an unreleased demo) and "Heads Were Dancing" from the album "The Sensual World"

By The Way if you have a look at my youtube page under the name sheepydee have a look at my videos i have uploaded lots of kate bush songs :D

]{eith
27-01-09, 16:45
:hug: Ah, th occasional Kate Bush thread on TRF. They show up now and again but never seem to stay long. I don't know why. Kate is AWESOME!! I have all her albums, she hasn't made a song I don't like. Never For Ever is my favourite album and Army Dreamers is my favourite song. It's so sad and so beautiful.

Tears o'er a tin box.
Oh, Jesus Christ, he wasn't to know,
Like a chicken with a fox,
He couldn't win the war with ego.

Give the kid the pick of pips,
And give him all your stripes and ribbons.
Now he's sitting in his hole,
He might as well have buttons and bows.

Kate Bush rox my sox. :hug:

interstellardave
27-01-09, 17:02
My favorite song is the title track from her best album (IMO): Hounds Of Love... Like I say that entire album can be taken as one composition... and is tremendous as such; but this song just gets me every time I hear it.

HOUNDS OF LOVE

'It's in the trees!
It's coming!'

When I was a child:
Running in the night,
Afraid of what might be

Hiding in the dark,
Hiding in the street,
And of what was following me...

Now hounds of love are hunting.
I've always been a coward,
And I don't know what's good for me.

Here I go!
It's coming for me through the trees.
Help me, someone!
Help me, please!

Take my shoes off,
And throw them in the lake,
And I'll be
Two steps on the water.

I found a fox
Caught by dogs.
He let me take him in my hands.

His little heart,
It beats so fast,
And I'm ashamed of running away

From nothing real--
I just can't deal with this,
But I'm still afraid to be there,

Among your hounds of love,
And feel your arms surround me.
I've always been a coward,
And never know what's good for me.

Oh, here I go!
Don't let me go!
Hold me down!
It's coming for me through the trees.
Help me, darling,
Help me, please!

Take my shoes off
And throw them in the lake,
And I'll be
Two steps on the water.

I don't know what's good for me.
I don't know what's good for me.
I need your love love love love love, yeah!
Your love!

Take your shoes off
And throw them in the lake!

Do you know what I really need?
Do you know what I really need?
I need love love love love love, yeah!

]{eith
27-01-09, 17:05
The Hounds of Love is a fabulous song. I didn't care much for the cover version by the Futureheads, it seemed more annoying than epic and the original is truly epic! *damn you TRU!* I love the Alternate version from This Woman's Work.

interstellardave
27-01-09, 17:07
Oh God... I saw that video one night and it was atrocious! I realize that when bands cover songs they often do their own interpretation of the song... but IMO they got it WRONG!

sheepydee
27-01-09, 17:12
i got an unreleased album of hers called "Alone At My Piano" :D its got all of her unreleeased demo's and everything ita great OF COURSE KATE BUSH IS THE BEST (so is nik kershaw :p) i just love that song heads we're dancing AND deeper understanding ;)

digitizedboy
27-01-09, 17:16
heathclifffeeee!

either that or babooshka. :)

Megalith
27-01-09, 17:52
I love Kate Bush.
My favourite song is Cloudbusting.Its also one of my favourite music video clips of all time.:)

sheepydee
27-01-09, 17:57
I love Kate Bush.
My favourite song is Cloudbusting.Its also one of my favourite music video clips of all time.:)

i like cloudbusting too, i like and dream of SHEEP:D !

interstellardave
27-01-09, 17:58
Cloudbusting is a very close 2nd for me...

Hell, that entire album is #1!

sheepydee
27-01-09, 18:01
my fave album would have to be "Alone At My Piano" it was unreleased HOWEVER i strangley managed to find it :p:D

scion05
27-01-09, 18:12
Running Up That Hill is definately her best work :D

interstellardave
27-01-09, 18:19
I think we all may agree this is the best Kate Bush album art.... I have a full-size promotional poster featuring this album artwork, btw... :cln:

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g262/kashka333/Kate_Bush_Never_Forever.jpg

sheepydee
27-01-09, 18:32
I think we all may agree this is the best Kate Bush album art.... I have a full-size promotional poster featuring this album artwork, btw... :cln:

lucky you :p

The Great Chi
27-01-09, 18:51
I have always enjoyed kate bush albums, especially running up that hill, I still have the music video on tape for that song :D

Have any of you lisened to the 4th person out in the recent UK X-factor.... DIANA VICKERS, she was mentioned quite a few times as being the new Kate Bush (as well as Blondie).

Try listening to her x-factor songs on Youtube, especially 'white flag' and you will hear her quirky voice. I believe she wll be signed up soon for an album, she also has a website.

You will either love her or hate her voice :p

bivvy
27-01-09, 18:55
Diana Vickers is very lumpy marmite.

The Great Chi
27-01-09, 19:00
Diana Vickers is very lumpy marmite.so you saw my Youtube video then :vlol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8erVqaReMk

Bongo Fury
27-01-09, 19:06
“The dreaming” is my favorite with “the kick inside” a close second. I guess I'm in the minority but I never really cared for “the hounds of love” that much and kinda lost interest at that point.

sheepydee
27-01-09, 19:14
i do have the SUPER RARE instrumental version of "The Dreaming" called "Dreamtime"
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Zfjs8n7AoxY&feature=channel_page
have a look ^^ its a great song

Bongo Fury
27-01-09, 19:35
"Dreamtime"

thanks. good stuff, never heard that before.

]{eith
27-01-09, 20:12

Choke on it!

No, don't. :hug: That's really cool.

Is it bad that the only reason I watched The Golden Compass was to hear the latest Kate Bush song, Lyra?

sheepydee
27-01-09, 20:21
thanks. good stuff, never heard that before.

:) its gr8 i love that song

The Great Chi
27-01-09, 22:19
Kate Bush has also been political in her career in her own way (towards Labour Party) and allowed some of her music to be used by one of the best 'Comic Strip' episodes called G.L.C. Greater London Council (Political comedy). year 1990.

I have the whole series on DVD.

It is worth getting this episode if you can because there are two songs written by her for the episode and are very poignant and moving.

It is the story of the 'Thatcher era' where Thatcher (the ice maiden) is depicted as a demonising tyrant controlling the whole of Britain, and only the leader of the GLC and Prince (king) Charles can save the UK :D

The end is specifically brilliant with Robbie Coltraine (playing Charles Bronson as Ken Livingstone) is standing over Thatchers grave and :yik: happens, Kate Bush's music is playing during that sequence which makes it very moving in more ways than one.

marla_biggs
27-01-09, 22:32
the infants kiss is lovely ....my fav kate bush song

]{eith
27-01-09, 22:35
Kate Bush has also been political in her career in her own way (towards Labour Party) and allowed some of her music to be used by one of the best 'Comic Strip' episodes called G.L.C. Greater London Council (Political comedy). year 1990.

I have the whole series on DVD.

It is worth getting this episode if you can because there are two songs written by her for the episode and are very poignant and moving.

It is the story of the 'Thatcher era' where Thatcher (the ice maiden) is depicted as a demonising tyrant controlling the whole of Britain, and only the leader of the GLC and Prince (king) Charles can save the UK :D

The end is specifically brilliant with Robbie Coltraine (playing Charles Bronson as Ken Livingstone) is standing over Thatchers grave and :yik: happens, Kate Bush's music is playing during that sequence which makes it very moving in more ways than one.

Wow! I never knew that. I'd love to see it.

The Great Chi
27-01-09, 22:54
{eith;3417298']Wow! I never knew that. I'd love to see it.Ebay :D

]{eith
27-01-09, 22:58
Ebay :D

I'm quite tempted. I just watched Les Dogs on YouTube with Kate Bush as a newly bride alongside Miranda Richardson as her wealthy mother. It was hilarious and a little confusing. Kate looks so gorgeous in it.

Tombreaper
27-01-09, 23:05
My 31 years old, first pressing, limited edition, mint condition picture disc.

Very expensive ;)

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g131/Ryott/Kate-1.jpg

]{eith
27-01-09, 23:10
*drools*

Very expensive ;)

I'll bet!!

sheepydee
28-01-09, 16:00
My 31 years old, first pressing, limited edition, mint condition picture disc.

Very expensive ;)

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g131/Ryott/Kate-1.jpg

wow coolio ;)

alex27325
28-01-09, 16:01
wow Kate bush though? shes like old....

Twiin
28-01-09, 16:02
Gotta love a bit of Babooshka, This Woman's Work, Wuthering Heights and Running Up That Hill.

She's a gem, that Bush. Innovative and just that bit different.

interstellardave
28-01-09, 16:05
Love that picture disc! I used to have some picture discs... and some rare discs, too... but they got destroyed in a fire... :(

sheepydee
28-01-09, 16:07
love that picture disc! I used to have some picture discs... And some rare discs, too... But they got destroyed in a fire... :(

oh noooooo!!!!! Omg

]{eith
29-01-09, 20:41

I wouldn't really consider 50 that old, especially for a woman who looks that good and is still bringing out terrific music after 30 years in the industry. I just hope the stretch between Aerial and the next album isn't as long as the wait after The Red Shoes. 12 years is a long time. But Aerial paid off.

randomrhys
29-01-09, 20:43

so? it doesn't mean you can't appreciate her music

sheepydee
29-01-09, 21:39
so? it doesn't mean you can't appreciate her music

TOO RIGHT like madonna is 50 she is still a good singer same goes with nik kershaw :D

]{eith
21-02-09, 22:07
I was lying in bed last night in the early hours of the morning (I couldn't sleep) so I put my iPod on and listened to Aerial from beginning to end...

It was bliss... :D