PDA

View Full Version : World War Z Movie Concept Art!

silver_wolf
28-01-09, 03:11
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u307/cjvelg/WWZ___The_Battle_of_Yonkers___by_ad.jpg
The first bit of media from the upcoming film adaptation of Max Brook's book World War Z! For those of you who don't know it, WWZ is a collection of fictional interviews with survivors of a war against zombies. It's very well written and is probably the most realistic representation of a zombie outbreak. The picture is the Battle of Yonkers, one of the war's most famous battles. From what I see here, it looks like the move could be seriously awesome. I found this on Deviant Art ( you can view the artist's profile here (http://adonihs.deviantart.com/) ). He says he can't give out any details on the movie, but it is going well. :jmp:

IceColdLaraCroft
28-01-09, 03:19
It's nice...but I'm a little Zombie'd out.

EmeraldFields
28-01-09, 03:19
I always love a good zombie flick!:D

silver_wolf
28-01-09, 03:20
It's nice...but I'm a little Zombie'd out.
heh from what?:D

aileenwuornos
28-01-09, 03:23
I am a ****ing HUGE fan of Max Brooks and his books (wow that kinda rhymed) and I am really ****ing SYKED for this movie :D :D :D :D
Zombie movies or death I say. Give me the former with lots of the latter ;)

Geck-o-Lizard
28-01-09, 03:27
Omg they're making a movie of WWZ? Should be a good break from the [Time of day] Of The Dead cliche, if they do it right. Been a while since we've had a good zombie movie. :jmp:

silver_wolf
28-01-09, 03:30
Agreed with the last two posts! I really hope they do this one well. I'd like it if it were a documentary-type movie, with the interviews interspersed with footage from the war. It would make it so much more than just a gory "headsplosion!" zombie flick.

aileenwuornos
28-01-09, 03:41
Naw apparently they're filming it like the Bourne Identity but with zombies ( I don't know how good or bad that will be, I assume bad because I didn't even bother seeing that movie )

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/14527

But the script preview seemed awesome, so I guess, only time will tell.

Jo269976
28-01-09, 03:46
A-freaking-mazing :eek:

Shrantellatessa
28-01-09, 03:47
Never heard of this guy/movie/book before, but I Love quality zombie movies (like I Am Legend,
28 Days/Weeks Later, and REC) :jmp:

Hey, wait! Will that be a CG or a Live Action movie?

silver_wolf
28-01-09, 03:48
The Bourne Identity is great, but I'm not sure how you could make a zombie movie like it. Maybe this guy is right:
"tidal wave of zombies" - Sounds pretty good to me. I think the Bourne Idenity thing is more along the line of following the story of that one character...you know like Bourne. It's mostly his journey, not just a group of people and it's anyones guess on who ends up surviving. If so, then I'm thrilled!
I like this part, too:
As for how he plans to adapt the novel, which is written from the perspective of a United Nations agent reporting on the events of the zombie outbreak through interviews and eyewitness statements, Straczynski said he plans to preserve that storytelling angle as much as possible. In fact, the movie will serve to show how the book was produced in Brooks’ zombie-infested world.

“The fictional concept of the book is that its written by someone with the UN, so let’s tell that story,” he explained to MTV News. “Let’s show the book being written. We follow this guy all over the world as he goes on these interviews, and he has his own personal story as well. You’re cutting between the past and the present, how he got to this point.

“It has that international feel to it, and because it goes backward and forward in time, we can cherry-pick our favorite moments in the book,” continued Straczynski. “Some of it is crazy in scale. It’s huge. It’s as political as the book was. And it ends with that book being completed.”That sounds really promising, especially the part in India (which I remember from the book). I think this comment sums it up well:
Having read and really enjoyed the book, this could either go really well if done right, or be a spectacular failure.
Edit:
Hey, wait! Will that be a CG or a Live Action movie?
Live action.

Shrantellatessa
28-01-09, 03:59
Live action.

Thanks! Youpy! :jmp: