PDA

View Full Version : If Lara had a job.

LaraLuvrrr
28-01-09, 03:53
Ok this may seem dumb to some but I'm curious so I'm gonna ask anyways...

If Lara were a real person what kind of job/career do you think she would have? Archaeologist seems like the obvious choice but being that most archaeologists work in museums I doubt that's the kind of job she would want. Adventurer I'm not sure if that's a job. Maybe politician? loll What do you think her career or job would be? :D

And if you think this is dumb then don't bother posting please. Thanks

rowanlim
28-01-09, 03:58
Well I guess she may be an adventurer-novelist :p

mmm...cookies
28-01-09, 03:58
Paleontologist, Historian and a Grave Robber hahaha

gbetch
28-01-09, 04:08
she already told us.

She'd be in the post card busines!

mmm...cookies
28-01-09, 04:09
she already told us.

:jmp::jmp::jmp::jmp::jmp::jmp::ohn:

LaraLuvrrr
28-01-09, 04:11
she already told us.

:vlol:

KC Mraz
28-01-09, 04:14
She would go to Paris to give a nice visit to her old friend Janice :mis:...

Eww no, not that. I mean Lara would make her her partner to start their own coffee shop :smk:

spikejones
28-01-09, 04:20
she'd be a mercenary for hire to the lowest bidder. she just loves killing people and adventuring so much that she would do it just for travel and lunch money.:D

Sir Croft
28-01-09, 04:22
she already told us.

lmao :vlol:
Nice one

Melonie Tomb Raider
28-01-09, 04:25
I would imagine her as a forensic detective or scientist. I dunno why, I just do. :p

Or maybe in the army.

gbetch
28-01-09, 04:28
Am I the only one who could picture her in an office job? or working at Tesco as a chashier. Her CD bio says not much is heard from her so i susspect she might work from home. She could use the headset.

"Thank you for calling this is Lara Croft for Edios interactive, how may I assist you?"

"WHY YOU GAME MADE OF SUK NOW!?"

"Sir, thats not my fault. I miss Core just as much as you do. At least with them i had some decent benifits. Did you know CD dosn't offer dental to me? Nope. I have to pay out of pocket! Core also gave me twice the vaction time and a christmas bous. CD just treats me like some comodity they can pull out from there pocket tio make a quick buck"

"Oh, sorry, i'll let you go then"

"Thank you for calling"

Melonie Tomb Raider
28-01-09, 04:32
Am I the only one who could picture her in an office job? or working at Tesco as a chashier. Her CD bio says not much is heard from her so i susspect she might work from home. She could use the headset.

"Thank you for calling this is Lara Croft for Edios interactive, how may I assist you?"

"WHY YOU GAME MADE OF SUK NOW!?"

"Sir, thats not my fault. I miss Core just as much as you do. At least with them i had some decent benifits. Did you know CD dosn't offer dental to me? Nope. I have to pay out of pocket! Core also gave me twice the vaction time and a christmas bous. CD just treats me like some comodity they can pull out from there pocket tio make a quick buck"

"Oh, sorry, i'll let you go then"

"Thank you for calling"

ROFL!!! :vlol:

SamReeves
28-01-09, 05:25
She'd be a cop, and frisk all the bad drivers! :p

M.A.
28-01-09, 05:43
There's already an excellent animation for this topic:

Animated Croft 2: Lara Gets A Job

0uTO6VJXUTA

dox online
28-01-09, 05:50

0uTO6VJXUTA

You got there first...

KC Mraz
28-01-09, 06:23

Animated Croft pwns them all! :vlol:

drakl0r
28-01-09, 06:30
She'll be a top archeologist-socialite lol:D

Shrantellatessa
28-01-09, 06:48
A business woman probably as she got estates and artifacts that she could trade/sell/buy and earn more that she'd invest in more projetcs (and tomb raiding) I guess. She also got the wickedness and diplomatic skills required for such a "job" ;)

Oh! And she could be a model too, but I don't think she needs to be.

nickless
28-01-09, 07:22
Animated Croft pwns them all! :vlol:

so true :D

but i'm guessing agent,spy ect.somethign like that

Larapink
28-01-09, 08:42
I think Lara would be a librarian, no idea why. :p

She'll be a top archeologist-socialite lol:D
That too, but in her extra spare time. :p

sandygrimm
28-01-09, 09:25
Can any of you imagine Lara working in a cubical? :vlol:

gbetch
28-01-09, 09:59
Hooters Waitress!

Shark_Blade
28-01-09, 10:12
Circus acrobatic.

:wve:

Lara's Backpack
28-01-09, 10:15
Her old Bio said she made ends meant through photography and writing books on her exploits and incredible historical knowledge. Or something like that anyway. Believable enough.

But to be honest, Lara could easily invest her inheritance and not have to lift a finger for the next millennia.

Rivendell
28-01-09, 11:25
I think Lara would be a librarian, no idea why. :p

Same here. Or a writer - something to do with books anyway, like Evey from The Mummy!

Rileigh
28-01-09, 11:29
Secondry school teacher :p

Or she works in my library...

January_Snow*
28-01-09, 11:40
she would be a catwalk model or an acctress...

kristi
28-01-09, 12:14
http://i447.photobucket.com/albums/qq192/kristian_94/35965-lolacopy.jpg

:p:p:p:p:p

Encore
28-01-09, 12:29
In my mind she's not a "people person" as they say. I can't really imagine Lara as a teacher or like Shrant said, a business woman (I don't think she's very diplomatic except with her guns :D). Even less as a model or an actress! Ew.

She would probably write about her journeys or be a real archaeologist (no raiding!). I can also picture her as a mercenary, for some reason!
The character Sarah Harding, from Jurassic Park's sequel "The Lost World", reminds me a lot of Lara as well, and she studies the behaviour of animals in the wildlife.

mizuno_suisei
28-01-09, 13:31
She does have a job. She's an archaeologist. She could be a realtor :D Imagine that. "Buy this house right this second or I'll swear I'll execute you where you stand"

Lara Croft!
28-01-09, 14:21
She would be an archaeologist...

trtrailerman
28-01-09, 14:23
she'd work in macdonalds :)

touchthesky
28-01-09, 14:45
She writes travel books-it says so in the AOD book.

So thats how she makes money.

Psychos'Я'Us
28-01-09, 14:51
England's Paris Hilton :ton:

laralover_07
28-01-09, 15:14
She'd be the femal equivalent of Bear Grylls. Raking in the cash...

AmericanAssassin
28-01-09, 15:15
She writes books... She has a job. :confused:

robm_2007
28-01-09, 15:40
She would go to Paris to give a nice visit to her old friend Janice :mis:...

Eww no, not that. I mean Lara would make her her partner to start their own coffee shop :smk:

Lara's and Janice's Coffee Shop/Brothel.
lol

Jack Croft
28-01-09, 16:51
she already told us.

lol. :D

NemesisX13X
28-01-09, 18:19
I would imagine her as a forensic detective or scientist. I dunno why, I just do. :p

Or maybe in the army.

:tmb:

IceColdLaraCroft
28-01-09, 18:21
Work? Are you madd?

She'd probably just blow up her own home and collect the insurance money....oh wait

bivvy
28-01-09, 18:21
I've read somewhere in the Core bio how she wrote books for funds. I'm guessing a highly contreversial novelist. :vlol:

Bellacima
28-01-09, 18:24
She could be the next Hitman. Or would you call it Hitwoman?

LaraLuvrrr
28-01-09, 20:04
Of all the ones I've heard I think she would be a traveling writer and maybe a photographer on the side. Someone mentioned she's not a people person which is true lol no retail or cubical work... she'd probably lose it too quickly with that. Now where can I get a degree in writing and photography.... ahaha :p

Benguitar
28-01-09, 20:05
Cashier

lol jk

Maybe a teacher?

sandygrimm
28-01-09, 20:08
Lol.. Drill Sargent. or a captain of a luxury yacht like Q. Marry:D ( are those real jobs anyway? )

Mister Croft
28-01-09, 20:08
I guess she would have been working on Mc.Donalds or something :p

NympHadorA
28-01-09, 21:27

Or maybe in the army.

Agreed them all, nice to think. Especially the army thing...:cln:

Larapink
28-01-09, 21:32
Same here. Or a writer - something to do with books anyway, like Evey from The Mummy!
Yeah exactly. :D

Tihocan9
28-01-09, 21:39
Maybe a Language Professor she speaks a billion languages even ancient ones.

CerebralAssassin
28-01-09, 21:41
she'd be a marine biologist!!

Another Lara
28-01-09, 21:53
If Lara were a real person what kind of job/career do you think she would have? Archaeologist seems like the obvious choice but being that most archaeologists work in museums I doubt that's the kind of job she would want. Adventurer I'm not sure if that's a job. Maybe politician? loll What do you think her career or job would be? :D

Erm, no they don't... none of the ones I know anyway, they all work in the field or at university to fund their expeditions! Indiana Jones got it right! ;)

Seeing as she's so wealthy anyway, she wouldn't need to work so I think she would just ahve a load of thrill seeking holidays as well as archaeology...

Pan
28-01-09, 22:16
Erm, no they don't... none of the ones I know anyway, they all work in the field or at university to fund their expeditions! Indiana Jones got it right! ;)

Seeing as she's so wealthy anyway, she wouldn't need to work so I think she would just ahve a load of thrill seeking holidays as well as archaeology...

Yeah but they hardly run around tombs avoiding traps and destroying things, they crawl around with a brush and brush things.

LaraLuvrrr
28-01-09, 23:16

Most archaelogists I know work in museums because they could not find work anywhere else. And they've done fieldwork as part of their curriculum. Most people that study archaeology do not become professors from what I've read. Being a professor of any kind takes soo much time and hard work that most do not go that path. Its like 8-10 years of college and then like 3 years as an associate professor. Lara would be ancient by the time she becomes a professor lol:D

Indiana Croft
29-01-09, 00:00
I can see her as a museum curator and a stunt girl

MattTR
29-01-09, 00:03
Definitely a Nanny, Lara the Nanny.

Just a spoon for a suga, suga. ;)

http://theblackapple.typepad.com/inside_a_black_apple/images/2007/06/06/poppins4.jpg

God Horus
29-01-09, 00:07
Gynecologist. :pi:

Maybe a scientist?

Another Lara
29-01-09, 05:29
Most archaelogists I know work in museums because they could not find work anywhere else. And they've done fieldwork as part of their curriculum. Most people that study archaeology do not become professors from what I've read. Being a professor of any kind takes soo much time and hard work that most do not go that path. Its like 8-10 years of college and then like 3 years as an associate professor. Lara would be ancient by the time she becomes a professor lol:D

I work in an office because I couldn't find any work in a museum... you do not realise how hard it is to actually find work in that field no matter what qualifications you have.

And @ Pan; lol, when I did archaeology, I never crawled around with a brush brushing things, admittedly it's not as exciting as Indy or Lara make it out to be, but it's more to it than spring cleaning old stuff you find in the ground... I had a great time in the Caribbean for a month getting lost in the forests that had been torn apart by the hurricane a few days before...

knightgames
29-01-09, 07:23
Don't you know? She's the publicist/agent for: Alison Carroll, Karima Adebibe, Jill de Jong, Lucy Clarkson, Nell McAndrew, Lara Weller and Rhona Mitra.

Angelx14
29-01-09, 09:03
If Lara had a job, she would be a tomb maid.

LaraLuvrrr
29-01-09, 20:22
Gynecologist. :pi:

Maybe a scientist?

What about a doctor? I haven't seen anyone mention like a doctor. I doubt she'd be a nurse... hmmm I love wondering if Lara were a real person and had to do real people things what would she be like lol

jackles
29-01-09, 20:26
A tour guide.
she knows an awful lot about ancient places and would be suitably knowledgable.

Lee croft
29-01-09, 20:49
she wants to be famous she wants to be a star she wants to be in movies... no wait thats the pussycat dolls... she wants to see the world drive nice cars she wants to have boobies.... wait she already has done that one!!!

Nerd For Life
29-01-09, 20:59
I can totally see Lara in the Army!

sandygrimm
29-01-09, 21:03
Definitely a Nanny, Lara the Nanny.

Just a spoon for a suga, suga. ;)

http://theblackapple.typepad.com/inside_a_black_apple/images/2007/06/06/poppins4.jpg

:vlol: THE SUPER NANNY!

Los Angeles
29-01-09, 21:08
I'd imagine her being an elementary school teacher. She probably knows how to act around kids. :)

IceColdLaraCroft
29-01-09, 22:56
I'd imagine her being an elementary school teacher. She probably knows how to act around kids. :)

I can see it now

"What's 2+2!? Tell me RIGHT THIS SECOND OR I SWEAR I'LL EXECUTE YOU WHERE YOU STAND!"

*kid piddles and cries*

]{eith
29-01-09, 22:59
I can't see Lara in the army. I don't think she's too much of a lone wolf for that. A writer maybe.

TRLaraCroft
29-01-09, 23:03
actually ı think of that archeologist and adventurer suitable for her in a reallife also too...:)

patriots88888
30-01-09, 03:01
A video game developer so she could get it right for a change! :whi:

TRexbait
30-01-09, 03:21
I really must remember to stay out of these threads while i'm at the library. ":vlol:" happening in quite places isn't desireable.

Animated croft takes the cake fo rme though. :D

allie9x
30-01-09, 15:24
professional gymnast, travel journalist, secret agent ?

^ all easy possibilities for her :]

LaraLuvrrr
30-04-09, 08:46
A business woman probably as she got estates and artifacts that she could trade/sell/buy and earn more that she'd invest in more projetcs (and tomb raiding) I guess. She also got the wickedness and diplomatic skills required for such a "job" ;)

Oh! And she could be a model too, but I don't think she needs to be.

I don't mean to revive this thread or anything... but I just came across this post and i agree I think she would be a businesswoman! :D Or a photographer.

Lee croft
30-04-09, 09:05
she already told us.

only if all else fails....

me? i think she would be an thrill seeker or what ever there called (i cant spell either lol ) wait i already left a comment!!! XD

Endow
30-04-09, 14:17

Nannonxyay
30-04-09, 15:49
Am I the only one who can see her as a model? :p

Maybe I'm just a pervert...

Vinkula
30-04-09, 16:40
Newspaper writer :D

Marianna12
30-04-09, 16:57
Maybe archaeologist....:confused:

IceColdLaraCroft
30-04-09, 17:16
video game developer so she could finallly do everything she wanted to do

robm_2007
30-04-09, 17:18
I can see it now

"What's 2+2!? Tell me RIGHT THIS SECOND OR I SWEAR I'LL EXECUTE YOU WHERE YOU STAND!"

*kid piddles and cries*

WOW! lara is such an *asshole! lol :eek::vlol:

*you can say that here?

Lee croft
30-04-09, 17:19
yep lool^^^^

LaraLuvrrr
01-05-09, 02:52
One of those bums that gets payed for traveling around taking pictures or whatever....you know, the kind of job everyone would love to have.

lol:D I want that kind of job :o
I hate the reality of having to start a career soon.

The_Underworld
01-05-09, 06:20
Barbie Doll!