PDA

View Full Version : People To People?

ColdCaseDetK
28-01-09, 04:21
Hey everyone. Has anyone in here been selected to go with People to People before? Or are selected for this year? :D

spikejones
28-01-09, 04:35
wuz dat?

ColdCaseDetK
28-01-09, 04:42
It's when certain people get invited to travel across the world. This summer I'm going to be able to get to go to Venice, Italy; Paris, France; Austria, and Switzerland. :D

spikejones
28-01-09, 04:47
sounds cool. I had an offer like that through my High School being that I was one of the "smarter" students (honor roll material). But it was too expensive for my parents to pay for that. :( And I didn't have a passport either (still dont - but I'm working on it). I'm not sure if the thing was called people to people though. But it was the same thing you are talking about I'm sure. Take pics while you are out and let us know how it goes. (I want lots of of aussie pics :jmp:) - oh. NM. you said Austria not Australia. oops.

ColdCaseDetK
28-01-09, 04:48
Haha. def. will do. :D :jmp:

EmeraldFields
28-01-09, 05:00
sounds cool. I had an offer like that through my High School being that I was one of the "smarter" students (honor roll material). But it was too expensive for my parents to pay for that. :( And I didn't have a passport either (still dont - but I'm working on it). I'm not sure if the thing was called people to people though. But it was the same thing you are talking about I'm sure. Take pics while you are out and let us know how it goes. (I want lots of of aussie pics :jmp:) - oh. NM. you said Austria not Australia. oops.

Same thing happened to me unfortunatly. It was going to cost $2000 for only a week and a half and that was money we didn't have.

Immortalis08
28-01-09, 05:29
^ Exactly. If its the same one I am thinking it came in the mail when I was in high school. They actually charge you around $2000 (if not more) to go. I remember feeling so excited about it but I missed the meeting (fortunately my friend went) and he discovered you had to pay to do it, and at that point everyone just stopped paying attention. I'd say wait until you're in college and do some travel abroad programs where it'll actually do you some good. Or join the peace corps once you graduate from University. (that's what I plan on doing).

It's when certain people get invited to travel across the world. This summer I'm going to be able to get to go to Venice, Italy; Paris, France; Austria, and Switzerland. :D

:vlol: Yeah these were the exact same places they offered me over 2 years ago.

Nefertiti_89
28-01-09, 08:46
I've done that before....but it was more like going to England to play hockey for a couple of months! It was awesome! I cracked some pommy skulls that summer :p...or winter.

It was called student exchange when I was at school, you could go for a month or 6 months, even a year, and then when you got back a kid from that country would come stay with you. You could do it to go to school there, or you could do it for sport like I did. I very nearly went to Germany to go to school but I got really sick at the 11th hour and it never happened, thank god for travel insurance!

spikejones
28-01-09, 18:10
actually what you are referring to Nefertiti is called a foreign exchange program. I've never been a part of that, but I've had foreign exchange students in some of my classes before. It's always interesting to meet people from other countries. I always wanted to do a foreign exchange program too... but I would be lost in a foreign country if I didnt know the language. I was taking Spanish - so going to Spain would have been the logical choice for an exchange program.

Changeling
28-01-09, 18:18
Closest thing our school got to that was a Foreign Exchange Programme, but I didn't do it. :p

But I hope you have fun! It sounds amazing! :jmp: But $2000 for only a week!? :yik: That's crazy!

spikejones
28-01-09, 18:22
^ it costs a lot of money to travel indeed. its actually a decent rate though considering the cost of doing that type trip alone. Most likely there is a group discount offered for that program.