PDA

View Full Version : How bad cockroaches really are!

MyRaider4Life
28-01-09, 10:58
Hello Guys,

Well as I am from Australian we High Schooler's started today my whole Home Room heard a Story that my HR Teacher told us about a man who Licked an envelope which had cockroach eggs on it and becuase they were so small they fell into the mans touge and when he started realising that his tounge was starting to swell he went to the docter and they did an X-ray and found fully grown cockroaches in his tounge and they cut it open to take them out and they crawled into his stomach and he was alive through the whole thing and awake and my Home Room teacher had to give him Mouth to Mouth but unfortunantely he died.

I find this very foul and not the best thing to think about because it makes me feel like what it would be like for me to have them in my mouth and I really dont want to think about.

What do you think? I myself believe him becuase it is possible and now I am never going to lick an envelope again.

Ikas90
28-01-09, 11:03
Wow, that's rather shocking. Seems you can't be safe from anything these days.

jaywalker
28-01-09, 11:15
http://urbanlegends.about.com/od/cockroaches/a/fear_of_licking.htm <- hmm hate to say it but been around the net a while that one

gbetch
28-01-09, 11:17
Snopes.com

This is an urban legend, it verys and is also not true.

Lara's Backpack
28-01-09, 11:18
There was a thread about this happening to a woman from the UK awhile back, search for if you want. I wont be :p

rowanlim
28-01-09, 11:27
Never heard of that but never lick the envelope for fear of other germs!

Night Crawler
28-01-09, 11:54
Some people will believe anything.

nicola1986
28-01-09, 12:35
Even though it's a UL it still made me feel rather weird.

Cockroaches in the tongue = eeew!

M.A.
28-01-09, 13:04
I don't know what kind of cockroaches the urban legend is talking about but as far as i know, cockroaches eggs are quite big and dark in color. Very distinguishable if you ever accidentally licked one off an envelope.. :D

Geck-o-Lizard
28-01-09, 13:14
No, it's true. Here's a story about it. (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/gullible)

Angelx14
28-01-09, 13:25
What's with the disgusting threads today..?

Encore
28-01-09, 14:08
No, it's true. Here's a story about it. (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/gullible)

Silly. A Rick Roll at least would display some humour... :p

xMyrax
28-01-09, 14:16
Bleurgh. True or not true, I hate them even mooore now T_T

sandygrimm
28-01-09, 14:18
they can crawl without their head. that's how bad they are O_O

Geck-o-Lizard
28-01-09, 15:58
they can crawl without their head. that's how bad they are O_O

So can chickens, lol.

Bumio
28-01-09, 16:14
Well as I am from Australian we High Schooler's started today my whole Home Room heard a Story that my HR Teacher told us about a man who Licked an envelope which had cockroach eggs on it and becuase they were so small they fell into the mans touge and when he started realising that his tounge was starting to swell he went to the docter and they did an X-ray and found fully grown cockroaches in his tounge and they cut it open to take them out and they crawled into his stomach and he was alive through the whole thing and awake and my Home Room teacher had to give him Mouth to Mouth but unfortunantely he died.

it sounds like one of those scary stories sitting near the camp fire :eek:
dont know if it's true, but it's shocking :eek:
and cockroaches are so disgusting, omg, it gives me the goosebumps even thinking about them.

Encore
28-01-09, 16:22
Actually it just reminded me of that funny X-Files episode :D :D Where the cockroaches had their revenge......

Nefertiti_89
28-01-09, 18:37
Lol I think someones trying to pull your leg mate!

digitizedboy
28-01-09, 18:57
Apparently there's another story too where the adhesive on some envelopes had been laced with cyanide, and people had licked them.

NemesisX13X
28-01-09, 19:16
i have a phobia from them :pi:

TRfan9294
28-01-09, 19:26
I've heard this story before, it's really dangerous. I never lick envelopes.

IceColdLaraCroft
28-01-09, 19:28
Urban legend! your tongue doesnt have any room for something to grow inside (except bacteria)

Terra Inclined
28-01-09, 20:13
What's with the disgusting threads today..?

Lol can't you stomach that in?