PDA

View Full Version : No. no. no. Tin Tin Movie 2011

IceColdLaraCroft
28-01-09, 19:58
:hea::hea::hea::hea::hea:

Americans should NOT produce this film. They have no idea how to grasp Tin Tin. Speilberg's past few movies have been CRAP he's lost his touch.

I'm not happy.

http://news.prnewswire.com/ViewContent.aspx?ACCT=109&STORY=/www/story/01-26-2009/0004960578&EDATE=

irjudd
28-01-09, 20:00
You have no right to say that an entire country full of potentially talented people have no idea how to grasp something.

Admittedly I have no idea what Tin Tin is. But still.

bivvy
28-01-09, 20:02
Tin Tin movie?

First Tom and Jerry. Now this.

Encore
28-01-09, 20:02
Well it's not his fault if european film makers don't like making family adventure movies. ;) And then when they make them they can suck just as bad as american ones: look at Asterix. (ok it's funny but that stupid kind of funny)

I honestly think this can work out well. Jamie Bell and all. :D

Mad Tony
28-01-09, 20:07
You have no right to say that an entire country full of potentially talented people have no idea how to grasp something.Exactly. I hate it when people pass judgement of something that hasn't even been made yet. Who gives a damn who's making it? As long as they do a good job that's all that counts.

AmericanAssassin
28-01-09, 20:08
Oh, please. I'm sorry, but to be honest Speilberg is better than every director in every country. He's not my favorite, but he knows what he's doing. I'm sure it will be fine.

laralover_07
28-01-09, 20:15
Sounds better than I thought it would. I heard it was a live-action thing with Thomas Sangster as Tin-Tin. "degobiller"

http://www.theimaginaryworld.com/tintin01.jpg

irjudd
28-01-09, 20:18
Exactly. I hate it when people pass judgement of something that hasn't even been made yet. Who gives a damn who's making it? As long as they do a good job that's all that counts.
And I'm not even obsessed with America like you are ;) But I still think it was a thoughtless way to put it.

Fail fail fail.

Mad Tony
28-01-09, 20:19
And I'm not even obsessed with America like you are ;) But I still think it was a thoughtless way to put it.

Fail fail fail.I'm not obsessed. :p I just hate it when people prejudge films that haven't even been made yet.

SamReeves
28-01-09, 20:20
I'm not obsessed. :p I just hate it when people prejudge films that haven't even been made yet.

Add me to the list. Star Trek XI looks like a piece of dogcrap from the outset! :p

irjudd
28-01-09, 20:21
I'm not obsessed. :p I just hate it when people prejudge films that haven't even been made yet.
Come on now, like you haven't written off anything Uwe Boll might have even dreamt of making. :D

interstellardave
28-01-09, 20:22
Add me to the list. Star Trek XI looks like a piece of dogcrap from the outset! :p

Me too... but we've seen enough already to be legitimately worried about that one...

Encore
28-01-09, 20:22
Exactly. I hate it when people pass judgement of something that hasn't even been made yet. Who gives a damn who's making it? As long as they do a good job that's all that counts.

Fail fail fail.

It's not a completely idiotic idea. If you think of something that's inherently part of american culture, like the American Revolution, the Civil War or 9/11 - think about whether americans would be happy with a french or spanish or japanese director making a movie about them? Well, I guess some wouldn't mind of course, but there's always that feeling that "it's our history, no one else can understand it as well as we do". This is why Sofia Coppola was criticized by many french when she made a movie about Marie Antoinette, and Brian Singer for making a movie about the nazis who tried to kill Hitler.

Tin Tin I supose is a huge part of belgian and french culture, and even european in general (I also grew up with the cartoons myself). And because it was never big in the US, some of the fans are bound to think that the american public can't truly connect to it. There's a chance that Spielberg might try to americanize the movie because of this, but I hope he isn't that stupid.

irjudd
28-01-09, 20:27
It's not a completely idiotic idea. If you think of something that's inherently part of american culture, like the American Revolution, the Civil War or 9/11 - think about whether americans would be happy with a french or spanish or japanese director making a movie about them? Well, I guess some wouldn't mind of course, but there's always that feeling that "it's our history, no one else can understand it as well as we do". This is why Sofia Coppola was criticized by many french when she made a movie about Marie Antoinette, and Brian Singer for making a movie about the nazis who tried to kill Hitler.

Tin Tin I supose is a huge part of belgian and french culture, and even european in general (I also grew up with the cartoons myself). And because it was never big in the US, some of the fans are bound to think that the american public can't truly connect to it. There's a chance that Spielberg might try to americanize the movie because of this, but I hope he isn't that stupid.Aha :tmb: Thanks for throwing some logic at this subject for me. I understand where the feeling comes from now.

Mad Tony
28-01-09, 20:32
The thing is though, there's a difference between a film about a cartoon and a film about something like 9/11 or the American civil war. Even I wouldn't be happy about an American making a film about something like the London Blitz.

Agent 47
28-01-09, 20:45
Me too... but we've seen enough already to be legitimately worried about that one...

worried isn't the word i'd use Interseller, i have noticed something about this film though, well the fanbase at least.

# some accept it just because it's Trek, as such they swallow anything.
# it's mainly TNG era fans that love everything about it, and i mean everything.
# TOS fans deeply concerned about it.

on a Trek board somebody rightfully said "some TNG fans refuse to accept that regardless of how good it was, TNG and it's spin-off shows will always be in the TOS shadow. to that end they'll always belittle and bad mouth TOS"

that is true regarding the films and possibly TOS, i find though TNG fans are just bitter Trek XI is using TOS characters,or "not going forward with the timeline"

meh! is pretty much my view on nuTrek :D TOS forever! William Shatner will be on Jonathan Ross's BBC 1 show on Friday, i can't wait :jmp:

i believe Simon Pegg is in Tin Tin also.

just croft
28-01-09, 22:13
1st - EXTREMELY old news

2nd - Good news!

Angelus
28-01-09, 22:28
Isn't Jamie Bell supposed to be playing Tin Tin?

NympHadorA
28-01-09, 22:30
So unnecessary I think LOL... :)

Smog
28-01-09, 23:02
Spielberg? God, it's gonna be Shia Labeouf, isn't it? I can see it now. :hea:

digitizedboy
28-01-09, 23:16
Who's going to play captain haddock? The guy that voices Gollum?

Punaxe
28-01-09, 23:41
I never really liked Tin Tin, but Steven Spielberg and Daniel Craig aren't usually in the market of producing garbage, so I'll see...

Encore
28-01-09, 23:48
Isn't Jamie Bell supposed to be playing Tin Tin?

Spielberg? God, it's gonna be Shia Labeouf, isn't it? I can see it now. :hea:

You guys didn't even read the news did you? :p

trXD
28-01-09, 23:52
You have no right to say that an entire country full of potentially talented people have no idea how to grasp something.

Admittedly I have no idea what Tin Tin is. But still.

I agree with your entire post, so lets just say i said something simmilar.

IceColdLaraCroft
29-01-09, 00:13
I never really liked Tin Tin, but Steven Spielberg and Daniel Craig aren't usually in the market of producing garbage, so I'll see...

Speilberg:
Crystal Skull
Transformers
Eagle Eye (how many films DOES he cast Shai lebeouf in?!)
War of the Worlds
The Terminal

Craig:
Flashbacks of a Fool
The Invasion
Golden Compass

Tin Tin should be a "foreign film" produced in Europe by Europeans.

just croft
29-01-09, 00:19
Speilberg:
Crystal Skull
Transformers
War of the Worlds
The Terminal

Craig:
Flashbacks of a Fool
The Invasion
Golden Compass

What's the problem of an American artist wanting to adapt a French story to the big screen?

He like's it let him do it!

Punaxe
29-01-09, 00:24
Speilberg:
Crystal Skull
Transformers
War of the Worlds
The Terminal

Craig:
Flashbacks of a Fool
The Invasion
Golden Compass

Is that list supposed to be an example of bad things? :p

irjudd
29-01-09, 00:26
Anything with Shia (shai) Leboufe (lebeouf) is a bad thing. :cln:

Encore
29-01-09, 00:26
Why does everybody hate Shia? :(

IceColdLaraCroft
29-01-09, 00:27
Because "american artist" is an oxymoron where Hollywood is concerned. Especially when dealing with anything French

Jinkss
29-01-09, 00:27
Speilberg:
Crystal Skull
Transformers
War of the Worlds
The Terminal

Craig:
Flashbacks of a Fool
The Invasion
Golden Compass

Are you mad at Steven Spielberg as a director or as a producer/exec producer? Because I'm pretty sure Michael Bay was the director for Transformers as was someone else for Eagle Eye. Also, a lot of the ones you mentioned are pretty recent.. do you like his older work (hello Jaws, Schindler's List, Empire of the Sun, Indiana Jones, Close Encounters...)?

It seems very common for actors and directors to work together again and again..maybe they like each other?

irjudd
29-01-09, 00:28
His face and way of speaking annoys me on a general level, and all of a sudden he seemed to be in every film I watched. So the annoyance level became raised.

Encore
29-01-09, 00:34
But he's really expressive and intense when he's acting, not fake or "mechanic" at all. And he doesn't depend on his looks unlike many of his age. I personally think he's got a great future ahead of him. ;)

IceColdLaraCroft
29-01-09, 00:36
Are you mad at Steven Spielberg as a director or as a producer/exec producer? Because I'm pretty sure Michael Bay was the director for Transformers as was someone else for Eagle Eye. Also, a lot of the ones you mentioned are pretty recent.. do you like his older work (hello Jaws, Schindler's List, Empire of the Sun, Indiana Jones, Close Encounters...)?

It seems very common for actors and directors to work together again and again..maybe they like each other?

Exec Producer and as a Director. Compared to his work in the 80's his work now is unwatchable. That's the point I was trying to make his recent work hasn't been good, so i'm worried that Tin Tin will turn into something horrible.

Smog
29-01-09, 00:37

Duh... :p

irjudd
29-01-09, 00:40
But he's really expressive and intense when he's acting, not fake or "mechanic" at all. And he doesn't depend on his looks unlike many of his age. I personally think he's got a great future ahead of him. ;)
Maybe I'm secretly seethingly jealous?

Shark_Blade
29-01-09, 00:42
No, don't tell me Shia Labeouf is gonna be in this movie!:(

Encore
29-01-09, 01:17
^ OMG Is this the start of an internet rumour? No he isn't! Jamie Bell is.

Maybe I'm secretly seethingly jealous?

:vlol:

Nope, 'cause you're Neo and you win in cool points :cool:

Angelus
29-01-09, 01:30

... yes. :pi:

Because you like him. :mad: :p

Anything with Shia (shai) Leboufe (lebeouf) is a bad thing. :cln:

I agree with you there... he's really annoying.

irjudd
29-01-09, 01:30
Poor little guy, getting hated on :(

Lara's Backpack
29-01-09, 07:58
We used to watch Tin Tin in French class in highschool. Well, admittedly I spent more time watching my Monsieur... :cln:

I mean, what? :|