PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever salted a slug?

MattTR
29-01-09, 00:07
You know, when you put salt on a slug or snail, it causes them to disintegrate because of their low water concentration.

Anyways, have you guys ever tried it? I did a couple years back, I saw a slug on my doorstep and poured salt on it, the next day it was gone! Just disappeared in it's smiley tracks. Some slugs can be poisonous, so it's not just for fun. :p

Have any of you had this experience?

http://************/ilzxx4.jpg

irjudd
29-01-09, 00:08
You weren't supposed to take what I said (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showpost.php?p=3420163&postcount=26) so seriously.

MattTR
29-01-09, 00:09
You weren't supposed to take what I said (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showpost.php?p=3420163&postcount=26) so seriously.

I am so salty! I mean sorry. :cen:

spikejones
29-01-09, 00:10
^hey... i seem to recall telling you something along those same lines irjudd!! copy catter!!:ton:

salting slugs and snails... sure. Ive done it before. But its kinda boring to be honest.

IceColdLaraCroft
29-01-09, 00:11
that photo is someone with WAAY too much time (and salt) on their hands....btw you can kill them with beer too.

findme
29-01-09, 00:11
plenty of times when i was in year 7.

it isnt what you expect it to be though, the slug doesnt fizz or anything, it just cringes.

memories.

EmeraldFields
29-01-09, 00:12

I was thinking of the same thing that you said when I saw this thread!:vlol:

MattTR
29-01-09, 00:12
But its kinda boring to be honest.

What, you said Copy catter..
http://mediabullseye.com/mb/storyphotos/funny-pictures-captain-obvious-cat.jpg

Encore
29-01-09, 00:13
^ Your avatar fits this (I mean findme)

Seriously, what's so funny about this? :confused:

MattTR
29-01-09, 00:14
^ Your avatar fits this (I mean findme)

Cause I created it, duh. That's why it's funny. :ohn:

And heck, I was going to say, how do Larson and slugs relate? :eek:

EmeraldFields
29-01-09, 00:15

I don't know. I find it a bit sad for you to watch a slug die for your entertainment.

spikejones
29-01-09, 00:15
@ MattTr:
jup... I've been known to be called captain obvious before when someone asks a stupid question to which I reply with a stupid obvious answer. Wave something in front of me in a maniacal manner and shout "what is this?" and I will tell you quite plainly: "that is a piece of paper". sorry I didnt give you the answer you wanted... but you asked the wrong question. ;)

MattTR
29-01-09, 00:16
I think we need this picture in this thread, for it truly to go down in TRF history. :)

http://imgsrv.kmbz.com/image/kmbz/UserFiles/Image/Brian%5C%27s%20Pics/captain_obvious.jpg

The Great Chi
29-01-09, 00:17
I am suffering from Field Mice infestation at the moment and they are too quick for humain traps, and they do not eat any poison put down.

But new technology to the rescue.....

I bought two devices to cover the ground floor of my house and they just plug into the electrical sockets.

Each device is a combined unit that fires ultrasonic waves into the atmosphere of the room(s). (humans cannot hear it)

Also and this is new, it fires an electrical pulse every 10 seconds into the electrical wiring and it travels around the wiriing and an electromagnetic wave eminates out and the mice (or rats) cannot stand this on their nervous system and they run away to the neighbours house :p

If you keep rabbits, gerbles, gophers or other such fluffy creatures, then you cannot use the above, or it frys their nervous system :eek:

viper456
29-01-09, 00:17
nope I haven't had this experience. I always used to feel a bit bad when my mum would sprinkle salt/slug pellets on the garden too. Silly but its the truth!

findme
29-01-09, 00:18
I don't know. I find it a bit sad for you to watch a slug die for your entertainment.

i have no idea why but i lol'd a bit inside when i saw the thread.

dontshootmuh.

spikejones
29-01-09, 00:19
I am suffering from Mice infestation at the moment and they are too quick for humain traps, and they do not eat any poison put down.

I bought two devices to cover the ground floor of my house and they just plug into the electrical sockets.

Each device is a combined unit that fires ultrasonic waves into the atmosphere of the room(s). (humans cannot hear it)

Also and this is new, it fires an electrical pulse every 10 seconds into the electrical wiring and it travels around the wiriing and an electromagnetic wave eminates out and the mice (or rats) cannot stand this on their nervous system and they run away to the neighbours house :p
yes... I have seen commercials for this. apparently it helps with la cucaracha as well. ;)

MattTR
29-01-09, 00:19
I am suffering from Field Mice infestation at the moment and they are too quick for humain traps, and they do not eat any poison put down.

Way to be off topic, Chi.. we're talking about slugs, not plugs. :p

Encore
29-01-09, 00:20
I am suffering from Mice infestation at the moment and they are too quick for humain traps, and they do not eat any poison put down.

Ooh clever. I have traps for ants. They atract them, and then spread a virus among them. The first few ants don't realize they're contaminated so they take it with them to the colony. Couple of hours, it's like ant Auschwitz. :(

Psychos'Я'Us
29-01-09, 00:23
Nope, haven't done it...yet :p

irjudd
29-01-09, 00:23
Ooh clever. I have traps for ants. They atract them, and then spread a virus among them. The first few ants don't realize they're contaminated so they take it with them to the colony. Couple of hours, it's like ant Auschwitz. :(
You brag about this ant genocide like you take pride in it! :eek:

The Great Chi
29-01-09, 00:24
yes... I have seen commercials for this. apparently it helps with la cucaracha as well. ;)I would not like to see one of them, I think they take two barrels of lead at close range, to keep them down :vlol:

spikejones
29-01-09, 00:26
indeed. i hear they can survive a nuclear explosion.

Encore
29-01-09, 00:26
You brag about this ant genocide like you take pride in it! :eek:

It's actually kinda sad. I can picture the Pixar movie version of this story and I don't like the idea of being the ant Hitler.

...but those *******s had a fondness for invading all my breakfast cereals. :mad:

MattTR
29-01-09, 00:27
indeed. i hear they can survive a nuclear explosion.

Hmm, wait wasn't that cockroaches?

To kill those you got to step on them until you hear a crunch. :p

The Great Chi
29-01-09, 00:27
indeed. i hear they can survive a nuclear explosion.does not do the neighbourhood any good, after that.

spikejones
29-01-09, 00:28
Hmm, wait wasn't that cockroaches?

To kill those you got to step on them until you hear a crunch. :p
la cucaracha (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Cucaracha)

MattTR
29-01-09, 00:29
la cucaracha (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Cucaracha)

srNdTnOnLFk

Melonie Tomb Raider
29-01-09, 00:36
I love animals way too much to do something like that. :p

irjudd
29-01-09, 00:37
Melonie is a slug hugger :D

spikejones
29-01-09, 00:38
:vlol:

Benguitar
29-01-09, 00:40
Yes, I have. I hate those things.... :pi:

MattTR
29-01-09, 00:43
Melonie is a slug hugger :D

:vlol:

That made my night.

Fallen.Angel
29-01-09, 00:45
Nope, and don't intend to. I don't like seeing things suffer.

laralauraxxx
29-01-09, 00:47
lmao i salted one before. then i felt sorry for it so i washed it. :(

MattTR
29-01-09, 00:51
I'm praying this doesn't get closed, but it's about to I sense. :(

irjudd
Good ole burnsy has his pigeons on the lookout now buddy :mis:

Mr.Burns
Have you ever salted a slug?No.