PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone else been affected by WMG on youtube ??

allie9x
29-01-09, 19:08
http://www.hollywoodtoday.net/2008/12/21/warner-music-group-pulls-the-plug-on-youtube/

WMG are totally unfair. I came home from school at lunch to see 2 of my most popular vids deleted [one had only 10 SECONDS of the song - I mean - you hear 3o seconds on itunes!] and another 2 muted.

Of course I have deleted these of my computer because I havent got enough room. These took me at least a day to do each if i remember, it was a few months ago, I made another one again, edited it since it was my morst popular video and i didnt want it to go again.. and guess what– ITS :cen:MUTED :(..again.. so yeah thats 5 videos over a period of what.. 2 days ?? 3 of which I cant get back

&& I mean, surely it promotes the video instead ?? How do they loose money? Artists get more recognition for showing up on youtube, and more songs bought. The average person doesnt know about downloading songs off youtube either or atleast how to. People still go out and buy cds, or off itunes, they dont want to wait 20 minutes for downloads and support their artists, or, like i said, dont know

Cant they atleast give you a warning of a few days, or be nicer like umg, who sometimes puts adverts up [a possibility] or lets you get away with it??

There has to be something done about this. So many people have lost videos, so I have to say that everyone out there should not get rid of their videos off their computer unless they have to, I am currently re-downloading my un-affected ones incase even more are deleted

&& I'm just wondering if anyone has been affected too. Write want you want here, go on, have a good rant like I did. You know you arent the only one.. or atleast think of any solutions ? :]

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=uCRqhIxMgSU&feature=related

spikejones
29-01-09, 19:11
jup... I had a video muted by them cause I used most of a Trans Siberian Orchestra song in my credits. But oddly enough - the mute only affects the video on the actual screwtube page - it played just fine embedded here ;)

sandygrimm
29-01-09, 19:15
I had a clip removed. Last year in september I think. It was a FMV of TRL, I used the song Beat it by Fall out Boy..

tomblover
29-01-09, 19:16
WMG is for God's sake blocking every video they can see. o_o I see their copyright stuff everywhere.

spikejones
29-01-09, 19:22
poopers. i just checked my embedded video and the mute made its way over to here :(

oh well... we still have photobucket providing better quality ;)

Helegad
29-01-09, 19:57
Ugh, I haven't been affected so far. And my channel is FILLED with music :O

It's only a matter of time.

Everyone I know has had their videos deleted, muted, or ad-filled.

]{eith
29-01-09, 20:43
I've had two notices but they haven't done anything to my videos. I think it's like a pending thing. I hope they don't, because I don't have the originals and I spend ages on my videos.

just croft
29-01-09, 20:48
A video I made for the TRF 2007 summer competition is blocked in some countries.

kooky
29-01-09, 21:11
Why should you all be disappointed about it? WMG is just doing it's thing, when you post music on youtube for your subscribers to listen to, they are listening to it illegally meaning that they should have to buy the song so they can hear the full song, I also have a feeling that Imeem is going to be banned from the internet for over 300,000 songs & music videos copyright infrenged, Why doesn't WMG ban that when they disable audio on youtube? I don't get it...

Sir Croft
29-01-09, 21:20
poopers. i just checked my embedded video and the mute made its way over to here :(

oh well... we still have photobucket providing better quality ;)

So far.

spikejones
29-01-09, 21:32
as far as I can tell though... the world find youtube more convenient for video sharing etc... so photobucket is largely looked right over. there's really (not that I've found) a decent way to sit on photobucket and browse hundreds of music videos.

it may be there - but I dont notice it. I see photobucket more as a media hosting site than as a place like screwtube.

Sir Croft
29-01-09, 22:07
as far as I can tell though... the world find youtube more convenient for video sharing etc... so photobucket is largely looked right over. there's really (not that I've found) a decent way to sit on photobucket and browse hundreds of music videos.

it may be there - but I dont notice it. I see photobucket more as a media hosting site than as a place like screwtube.

Yeah, but as soon as it becomes popular the music labels will start attacking it as well.

ajrich17901
29-01-09, 22:08
Yup cant stand it anymore so i use veoh now.

spikejones
29-01-09, 22:21
Yeah, but as soon as it becomes popular the music labels will start attacking it as well.
actually.... photobucket has already got some anti-copyright protective software on their upload utility. Its not fool proof though. I noticed it one time when uploading a wmv video that I laced with a wma track. Photobucket spat out an error saying I could not upload that video because it contained copyrighted material. So I converted it to avi and the audio track into mp3. It went through that time.

Bumio
30-01-09, 00:18
a year ago i got one video removed. it had Disturbed song in it. and i didnt save it on my pc, so everything was gone. at first i didnt understand whats happening, they just removed it without even noticing me. so i contacted them and got response that i broke the copyright or something. but they could have muted it at least, why to remove? :(

EmeraldFields
30-01-09, 00:33
{eith;3421949']I've had two notices but they haven't done anything to my videos. I think it's like a pending thing. I hope they don't, because I don't have the originals and I spend ages on my videos.

You can re-download your You Tube videos using KeepVid (http://keepvid.com/). Just put the url of the video and hit download. You can download them as a mp3 or flv file.:)

allie9x
30-01-09, 15:19
I think they could either put ads up, or just do everything about illegal downloads as a whole. I mean, you hear songs on the radio everyday, why cant you put half a minute of it on a video ? :whi:

Benguitar
30-01-09, 15:23
Jah... Annoying as hell!

allie9x
30-01-09, 19:44

Lara Coft Baby
30-01-09, 19:51
OH yeah, i had a bunch of my videos deleted. And i had to delete many more. I went from 127 videos to 27 lol

Bullethail
30-01-09, 21:06
Why should you all be disappointed about it? WMG is just doing it's thing, when you post music on youtube for your subscribers to listen to, they are listening to it illegally meaning that they should have to buy the song so they can hear the full song, I also have a feeling that Imeem is going to be banned from the internet for over 300,000 songs & music videos copyright infrenged, Why doesn't WMG ban that when they disable audio on youtube? I don't get it...

Imeem probably pushes back. With Google owning YouTube, I'm pretty confident that they're just fine with rolling over and doing whatever WMG wants. Imeem, on the other hand, makes all its business solely from music.

But it is kind of ridiculous. Using just part of a song isn't exactly detracting from the artist's sales. Hell, most of the artists I buy from I discover by listening to tracks or watching music videos. It's good advertisement more than anything else.

VonCroy360
01-02-09, 17:33
I haven't had a video pulled by WMG, but I just feel the need to rant about something that happened to me just now - after an hour and a half of uploading, all of my Oscar videos (clips from the last year's awards, like speeches and performances) got rejected "due to a copyright claim by AMPAS Oscars".
WTF? Although I find the WMG thing incredibly stupid and annoying, I guess I could see where are they coming from, but AMPAS? It's not like they're going to sell the recording of the oscars on DVD, nor are they going to re-run it on TV. To make things worse, some people's other Oscar vids are still out there.
Ugh. :cen::hea::hea:

sheepydee
01-02-09, 17:52
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: IVE HAD A VIDEO REMOVED MY MOST POPULAR ONE TOO :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

allie9x
01-02-09, 20:12
I dont get this.. I had a video deleted by wmg, yet i had no soongs on there by an artist who belongs to their groupp ... :S

God Horus
01-02-09, 20:15
OMG! I uploaded a video of my level and I added in Breathe Me as the background audio and it got muted so I deleted it. :mad: :cen:

Agent 47
01-02-09, 20:20
l had a video removed several weeks ago, i wouldn't mind but it took hours to create :vlol:

oocladableeblah
01-02-09, 20:22
Luckily I haven't, and I hope it never happens. I only have a couple videos with songs (and full songs too) on my account.

Larson_1988
01-02-09, 20:24
I have a few Desperate Housewives videos there that i hope doesn't get removed! :mad:

scion05
01-02-09, 20:27
It's so annoying. Warner owns all of Madonna's music, which means it's all getting gradually removed.

Larson_1988
01-02-09, 20:30
^ Didn't she make a video where she encouraged people to use her music?

scion05
01-02-09, 21:13
Yeah, but then warner probably pulled it lol ! :p

Hairhelmet12
01-02-09, 21:24
Luckly my videos havent been muted yet, but im sue thay will be.

allie9x
01-02-09, 22:43
It's so annoying. Warner owns all of Madonna's music, which means it's all getting gradually removed.

Yarpp.. its not good.. cus madonna isnt part of warner anymore therefore they shouldnt mute/delete her music.. :confused:

KIKO
01-02-09, 23:04

Well not really, I do hear music on my tv and that makes it illegal too right ? Cause I haven't paid to listen to the music, just changed to MTV.
The same goes for youtube, you don't have the music on your itunes library, you have it on internet. There's the same risk of the TV: the one of not hearing it again.

Imeem, it's the same, not really on your PC, just on your myspace or Hi5 page. That doesn't make it illegal in my opinion.
Maybe there is a difference that you can hear the music more times on youtube, internet than on TV. Well in that case there is the existence of DVD's and VHS systems that can record TV shows, etc... It's the same for everything...

TR FAN 18
02-02-09, 08:39
OK, now this is getting stupid. I go to view a video of someone getting 100% on Hotel California on Expert in GH World Tour and this comes up "This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by WMG."
I now HATE Warner Music Group for starting this copyright nonsense! You are just ruining Youtube with this rubbish. I mean, why are you removing GUITAR HERO videos?! At least, remove the full song from the site but NOT the GH video.
He's not trying to let us listen to the entire song but show himself getting 100% which is quite an accomplishment to anyone.
Another video I see that has sound gone was BYOB Drums on Expert 100% and because of this the sound was replaced with ALICIA KEYS! Don't get me wrong, I'm not against Alicia Keys in anyway (I like her songs :)) but 100% on that song on Drums is quite an achievement in itself. And it's ruined by not being able to hear the song itself.
Stop this rubbish and just deal with the full songs that have been posted there BUT leave Guitar Hero & Rock Band ALONE! :mad:

Now I've just noticed that Through the Fire and Flames by Dragonforce is also being removed. Removing those 100% vids would seriously :cen: those people off.

Nannonxyay
02-02-09, 09:06
WMG is just really irritating now. :mad:

ccroft2003
02-02-09, 09:19
Here's a tip guys. You can legally use up 30 seconds (ONLY) of any song you like however you will need to change it to another song. This is how it works in TV withought getting permission to use songs. You can use up to 30 seconds and if Youtube still mute your video, just go to edit and dispute it!

Pan
10-02-09, 22:37
WMG removed one of my videos today, I am extremely ****ed of, although they have every right to do so.

voltz
10-02-09, 22:45
One of my old favorite videos "DATA's BAD DAY" (Data gets the blue screen during work) got the axe, so now I'm really ticked.

LaraCroftRox
11-02-09, 17:04
Half of my music videos have been muted. :mad: But I disputed so there still up...for now. :(

rickybazire
11-02-09, 17:09
Yeah, it's annoying. I get it a few times.

laralover_07
11-02-09, 18:44
I've had one.. two? No, definitely one videos muted, which sucked.

And don't know if this relates but a few videos have been tagged with, "Media from *insert channel here*"

dinahcat
11-02-09, 18:55
I haven't had any issues yet, but I guess I don't understand what Warner is doing. IMHO, this generates more interest for this music, causing people to want to go out and buy it. It's free advertising for these bands/songs.

*sigh*

igonge
23-02-09, 18:13
I've had one of my videos muted by WMG.:mad:
I disputed with saying it was basically free advertising and that I legally bought the music through iTunes. The video seems to be fine for now.

MattTR
23-02-09, 18:14
Not as of yet, but then again I don't upload much music. :p

Biddy
23-02-09, 18:15
This sucks.

voltz
23-02-09, 22:38
I've had one of my videos muted by WMG.:mad:
I disputed with saying it was basically free advertising and that I legally bought the music through iTunes. The video seems to be fine for now.

Everyone in the music industry claims its public broadcasting which they think all listeners need to pay royalties for. I haven't got enough harsh words to say to that, but RIAA and their filth need to go.

violentblossom
24-02-09, 04:22
i JUST had a video basically "put on quarantine" 'til i changed the music. :(

LAME.