PDA

View Full Version : Where's your sanctuary?

]{eith
29-01-09, 21:26
Everyone has their own place that makes them feel comfortable and safe. Some people have one, some have several. For some it's their bedroom and some it's a hide away in the garden. What place makes you feel safe and warm. And why?

For me, I have two. I live in a mountainous area and I've found a spot overlooking the entire valley and neighbouring valleys that seems to be pretty undiscovered. There's very little evidence that anyone aside from myself has found this spot. And as difficult as it is to get up there, it's worth it to see the view, relax for a few hours or take out a good book or sketch pad if it's a nice day. :)

My other sanctuary would be my bedroom, which some may say I've destroyed but I love it. It's a room I definitely identify with. It's a loft in which I painted the walls red, and I've surrounded myself with crimson velvet and black lace and candles. Some say it looks like something from a French brothel or a gothic castle, but I find it cosy. :D

What about you? :hug:

Rivendell
29-01-09, 21:31
Cool thread. :tmb:

THIS (http://illucifer.deviantart.com/art/Sacred-Space-105901042) is mine.

I remember having a dream in which I was at that exact location, lying on the floor, gazing up at the treetops, then sitting up and looking around.

A few days later I went on a walk to a place I'd never been before - this place - only to realise it was the exact place from my dream. Whenever I go there now, I'm overcome by a sense of utter calm. It's an amazing place, on the slope of a hill, in the middle of a woodland area, overlooking a lake.

xMiSsCrOfTx
29-01-09, 21:33
My sanctuary is my bedroom.

Lee croft
29-01-09, 21:33
my house and when ever i visit family in ireland

]{eith
29-01-09, 21:35
Cool thread. :tmb:

THIS (http://illucifer.deviantart.com/art/Sacred-Space-105901042) is mine.

I remember having a dream in which I was at that exact location, lying on the floor, gazing up at the treetops, then sitting up and looking around.

A few days later I went on a walk to a place I'd never been before - this place - only to realise it was the exact place from my dream. Whenever I go there now, I'm overcome by a sense of utter calm. It's an amazing place, on the slope of a hill, in the middle of a woodland area, overlooking a lake.

That's beautiful! And really cool that you'd been there in a dream first.

Zebra
29-01-09, 21:35
I don't really have such a specific place. I feel safe at home, of course. But no specific place. I guess I'm more somebody who lives in his thoughts rather than in the world when it comes to such things. So there are several thoughts that make me feel warm and safe. But not really places in the real world.

Nefertiti_89
29-01-09, 21:37
The most easterly point of the Australian mainland, on the rocks at Cape Byron, as far as its safe to go. I can just sit there and watch the waves crash in, the pods of dolphins go by, and the sunrise over the sea.

Its a 2 hour drive but I make time to go there a few times a year, mostly when I'm stressed or really need some time out.

sheepydee
29-01-09, 21:38
my sanctuary is a place i go on holiday its STUNNING beautiful vuews of ben loyal and there is hardly any houses and its all old people , that place has the most beautiful views ive ever seen i love it :D i feel so happy when im there

da tomb raider!
29-01-09, 21:39
The bathroom. Literally.

takamotosan
29-01-09, 21:41
my room.

cuz i can lock my door and blare my music and tell everyone to **** off.

digitizedboy
29-01-09, 21:42
http://homepages.tesco.net/~andy.oddjob/liffordj.jpg

I sit by the canal some days, because it's so peaceful and quiet and I can escape the noisy and stressful area I live in. It's great, because I can just sit down read a book or listen to music in peace without anyone bothering me. It's great in the summer too.

Larapink
29-01-09, 21:42
Somewhere that I can relax in and not just one place anywhere that I really like, not my dorm room though but it does give me privacy from away from my annoying flatmates, I lock my door all the time. :)
Home is my sanctuary, I am hardly at home these days so I miss my family and friends.
I like to travel, so when I go to different places around the world I take the time to sit back, relax and enjoy my time there.

Punaxe
29-01-09, 21:44
Oh I wish I lived in an area where I could have a sanctuary in nature... :( Nope, all I got is my room... Hardly a sanctuary. It's just all I got.

Carbonek_0051
29-01-09, 21:44
My bedroom, I am usually locked inside it and singing or relaxing. No one ever bothers me, I love my room.:D

:D

Psychos'Я'Us
29-01-09, 21:46
My bedroom ;)

]{eith
29-01-09, 21:47
Keith your sanctuary is my room too.:whi:

:vlol: Awesome!

Camera Obscura
29-01-09, 22:11
The bathroom. Literally.

Sitting on the toilet with the sun shining beaming through the window does tend to give you this warm feeling inside huh? :p

As for me, I really don't have a "special place" to call my own. However I always feels calm and peaceful when I'm home alone because then I can truly feel the peace and quiet in the air, especially on Spring/Summer days. :D

madderakka
30-01-09, 04:09
I really miss being on Smith Mountain Lake in VA. This pic doesn't do it justice, but it kind of gives an idea. http://www.landlmarketing.com/images/SML_page%20photo2.png

I also love the beach when it's empty- around dawn or sunset is best.

Shark_Blade
30-01-09, 04:15
The library. Peaceful and quiet. And lots and lots of interesting books.

The bathroom. I just love a relaxing in the shower, with water trinkling down my body.

The gym. Because I love doing exercises and treadmills.

There are some other odd places which are just as peaceful and tranquil. :)

rowanlim
30-01-09, 04:21
My house, I don't come home often because I'm busy but when I do, I rarely go out because the comfort of home is more alluring than going out meeting people :)

At uni, my sanctuary would be at the piano. I can sit there for hrs & play music, very relaxing :)

mmm...cookies
30-01-09, 04:22
In my head.............. it's where all my thoughts can hide.........god forbid i hurt somebody.........LOL

Quote: Tim Minchin

Quasimodo
30-01-09, 04:27
my room.

cuz i can lock my door and blare my music and tell everyone to **** off.

Haha! Same here, but I use headphones and whine "What now?" when bothered.

My real sanctuary is being totally engrossed working on a painting or something else creative:)

EgyptianSoul
30-01-09, 04:31
My home is my sanctuary. :)

It's the place where I can hide from the cold, evil and unfair world outside.

TRexbait
30-01-09, 05:02
The only place where i actually feel tranquil in is at my relative's house in Mexico, it just feels so old-worldy, if that is a word. Sadly, I only go there every two years, and just for two weeks. :(

ajrich17901
30-01-09, 05:46
Might sound weird but this one band i promote there practice room is realy awesome and relaxing so im always at ease there, love when i get to go there.

Another place is definetly my room =D

MiCkiZ88
30-01-09, 06:03
In the arms of my boyfriend. Nowhere else do I feel safer, more calm or comfortable than with him or lying in his arms. He IS the best thing in my life.

Option two would be the beach/dunes at night. Listening nothing else but the ocean.

tomkat
30-01-09, 06:09
my livingroom.. or random places in nature where no other people are around

LaraLuvrrr
30-01-09, 06:22
If I could have one it would be a butterfly garden. Something about butterflies... they remind me of heaven lol

Logie 12 =]
30-01-09, 07:14
Bedroom :D

Survival
30-01-09, 07:25
Right here http://lukisurvival.deviantart.com/art/End-of-the-road-109560145 :) Wonderful place :)

Ikas90
30-01-09, 07:34
My bedroom, where I can escape reality by playing video games or watching movies. :p

By nature, I make my sanctuaries wherever I can find. Up on the mountain near my place is awesome, and it feels like I'm well away from the city troubles.

Rileigh
30-01-09, 07:49
My bedroom, where I can escape reality by...

...talking to people that aren't really there. :p
Like Pete, and Harrison....

KZAA, here, or well, anywhere that I can talk to Anleva, Dapling, Alex_, Crisl and others...

Or just getting lost in where ever, work, fanwork, the outdoors...until I am actually lost then I curse my parents for not buying me a mobile so I can call someone to come and find me.

And books. :D Normally history books relax me. XD

the hooliganz
30-01-09, 07:49
My bedroom, wer i just play games or read books, or watch TV

Encore
30-01-09, 08:35
My bedroom of course. I got everything here. :D

My vacacion sanctuary is this beach area in the south of Spain. Really simple location, but I go there almost every year since I was a baby! :hug:

sandygrimm
30-01-09, 08:40
Usually My room or a coffee house. But whenever I am on holiday I go to the country side at our other house, where I feel in my element :D
and in a car driving on the Autobahn :D
http://i42.************/2vtz8uu.jpg

kristi
30-01-09, 08:45
1-My bedroom.
2-My school.
3-My favourite fast-food shop.

Voni
30-01-09, 08:48
My bedroom, without a doubt. I got the master bedroom with the ensuite when my dad converted our loft, so now all I need is a fridge and I'd never have to leave it! :D

Alex_
30-01-09, 09:25
KZAA, here, or well, anywhere that I can talk to Anleva, Dapling, Alex_, Crisl and others...

Aww :hug:

I have lots of sanctuaries.

First of all my room with all the stuff I need to relax or distract myself, music, books, DVDs, laptop, drawing stuff...
Places where my bf happens to be :p
Libraries. Quiet, peaceful and lots of books.
Some beautiful spots outside. I should visit them more regularly...
Writing. Putting my good or bad mood into it to create something other people may like as well... couldn't live without it anymore.
Like Ri said before, KZAA or MSN where I can talk to some really nice people :)

Archetype
30-01-09, 09:26
My room

Lara's Backpack
30-01-09, 09:29
I havent really got one in Newcastle, everythings new and scary :p But whenever I visit the town where I grew up I feel a sense of calm and belonging. Knowing where everything is and knowing alot of people helps you feel like youre part of the place, here Id get lost if I walked too far away from the street :p

Hermina94
30-01-09, 09:48
well,my sanctuary is my house.Im more like a "I want to be alone" type of person,and home is where I feel safe

TombRaiderCool
30-01-09, 15:35
My sanctuary is probably my bedroom, there are others but this one is my favourite! :D

Bullethail
30-01-09, 15:38
Probably my bedroom. I don't have much there, but if I feel particularly upset/stressed/whatever, that's where I retreat to.

Forwen
30-01-09, 15:40
Nowhere really, I can feel at home on a wire stretched across a canyon so long as there's no one to see me. So I guess "not being seen" is everything I require to relax.

Benguitar
30-01-09, 16:04
The Internet.

:p;)

Usually my room while playing guitar, or on my computer.

SamReeves
30-01-09, 16:11
Where there's a newspaper and a toilet. :p

Nausinous
30-01-09, 16:55
My boyfriend's apartment :D.

Nannonxyay
30-01-09, 16:59
My room most definetely. I can just sit there, stare at my wall, write, draw, go on msn, listen to music and relax. Oh, and when I'm with my cat. :)

Lew
30-01-09, 17:13
Home, back garden. Don't like the front garden cause its too open.... my room and alices house :)

Lavinder
30-01-09, 17:17
At the moment the only one I can think of is sitting in the shelter at this beach (llangrannog) just before it gets dark, eating a bag of the most amazing fish and chips ever.

Photograph taken by Jamie :)

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/lavinder/IMG_9729.gif

Melonie Tomb Raider
30-01-09, 18:04
My room :)

Legends
30-01-09, 18:07
My apartment.

violentblossom
30-01-09, 18:23
my fiancee's arms. :p

(jeez, i'm a weepy fool today. i'm practically vomiting sentiment.)

IceColdLaraCroft
30-01-09, 18:51
my bf's arms after sex....you know if I had one

violentblossom
30-01-09, 18:59

LOL :vlol:

laralauraxxx
30-01-09, 19:00
my room. i love it. i've got everything in there i need, apart from toilet facilities, lol. if i'm having a lazy day i don't come out of my room hardly at all.

Ilie_Fusarau
30-01-09, 19:00
:vlol::vlol::tmb:

Angelx14
30-01-09, 19:23
Anywhere close a gaming platform.

IceColdLaraCroft
30-01-09, 19:31
LOL :vlol:

:vlol::vlol::tmb:

:o

Candee Sparks
30-01-09, 19:34
My bed, my friend's house and the MAC counter when I'm not working at it.

Regulator
30-01-09, 21:23
My room where my comfortable bed is.

NemesisX13X
30-01-09, 21:35
{eith;3422088']Everyone has their own place that makes them feel comfortable and safe. Some people have one, some have several. For some it's their bedroom and some it's a hide away in the garden. What place makes you feel safe and warm. And why?

For me, I have two. I live in a mountainous area and I've found a spot overlooking the entire valley and neighbouring valleys that seems to be pretty undiscovered. There's very little evidence that anyone aside from myself has found this spot. And as difficult as it is to get up there, it's worth it to see the view, relax for a few hours or take out a good book or sketch pad if it's a nice day. :)

My other sanctuary would be my bedroom, which some may say I've destroyed but I love it. It's a room I definitely identify with. It's a loft in which I painted the walls red, and I've surrounded myself with crimson velvet and black lace and candles. Some say it looks like something from a French brothel or a gothic castle, but I find it cosy. :D
What about you? :hug:

Thats my dream room and earthy heaven :jmp: show a piccy pleeeaaase :jmp::jmp::jmp::jmp::jmp:

Twilight
30-01-09, 22:51
The bathroom. Literally.

hey that's mine too! *sanctuary high five*

though, sometimes it's the living room at night. it's great just to....live in.

jamieoliver22
30-01-09, 22:54
My bedroom in general, especially my bed. It is even better when Laura is up her, feels really nice and homely. And my computer too, as most of my life revolves around it.

Dustie
30-01-09, 23:27
I walk around the borders of the city I live in... It's a heavily suburbian neighbourhood, big houses, villas, lots of green, forests, fields... There's certain wide open areas also and on a good day I can watch the sun set there. It's amazing.

When I walk there, I think about my life and everything. I do that in the summer, in the afternoons. Just the whole aura of being there, in that area, that's my sanctuary.

Nerd For Life
30-01-09, 23:30
My bedroom.

The house I stayed at when I went to London. I miss London so much.

Tonyrobinson
30-01-09, 23:32
In my bed :)