PDA

View Full Version : Need to lose weight

mathew9r
30-01-09, 14:21
i've been putting on a load of pounds over the years and i just wana lose it all, i am 15 and weigh enbarasing 14.13 Stone!

is there any best way to lose weight?

sorry i just been fat for 3 years and just want to look normal

IceColdLaraCroft
30-01-09, 14:24
cardio (3-5times a weeek)
veggies/fruits/water/whole grains/fish/chicken (grilled)

No sugar, no fats, no processed foods, no tea, no coffee

How tall are you? if you want to be "normal" it would a good idea to understand how many stone someone your height ways.

and yes the Cake is a lie :P

Angelx14
30-01-09, 14:26
Eat correctly. Definitely have breakfast, later have something for lunch, then later eat something again, the dinner, and supper. Eat often, but not much. The hunger won't be as big before the next meal, so you won't overeat. Then you can do exercises, if you wish. I don't do it, and I've lost quite much.

Oh, and don't cut yourself from sweets. The less you will eat them, the more you will wish for them. You can eat sweets, BUT not much. Everything with limit.

Don't use salt, because everything always has salt. You can make food without salt, and it will taste great.

Read this. It has some tips

http://www.4networking.biz/articles/business-advertorial-41/437.htm

rowanlim
30-01-09, 14:28
Losing weight should be about improving your health. If you focus on that, you're on the right track. Eat healthy & exercise, there's no easy way about it :tmb:

MattTR
30-01-09, 14:28
i've been putting on a load of pounds over the years and i just wana lose it all, i am 15 and weigh enbarasing 14.13 Stone!

is there any best way to lose weight?

sorry i just been fat for 3 years and just want to look normal

I used to be really overweight in middle school and early high school. You just need to be committed like I was, and be serious about it.

Coffee isn't bad if you don't add anything to it, and Iced tea has no sugar. :)

Excellent suggestions, I couldn't have said better myself. I wouldn't eat too much fruit though, it's very high in sugar. Stick to things that are grilled or baked instead of fried, whole grain breads instead of white, and vegetables instead of fruits mostly.

Then maybe run on the treadmill or on the track (cardio) at a steady pace for Every other day of the week, which is about 3-5 times a day. As you get used to it you may want to start running either faster, for a longer time, or more times a week.

Hope I helped, and good luck! :hug:

Try not to drink too much soda, it can bloat you and give you an upset stomach. Maybe on occasion stick to diet soda, but that's it. Drink lots of water.

Shark_Blade
30-01-09, 14:30
Take things little when ordering a meal.
Exercise, exercise regularly. Try doing something fun that requires energy and makes you sweat.

Nitro Typhoon
30-01-09, 14:32
Don't eat any sweets or crisps. If you want a snack, have a healthy one, I suggest having a healthy salad or sandwich (brown bread) and don't have any fizzy or sugary drinks. Coke is the worst one.

Excercise regularly, and drink 8 glasses of water a day. Eat a lot of fruit and veg.
I've never been fat, but that's how I stay fit :)

mathew9r
30-01-09, 14:37
thanks everyone for the advice

How tall are you? if you want to be "normal" it would a good idea to understand how many stone someone your height ways.

and yes the Cake is a lie :P

5-Foot 7-Inches Tall

Nitro Typhoon
30-01-09, 14:44
Well, height really does make a difference. Your BMI is your weight compared to your height. Your BMI shouldn't be over 30. If it is, you should try losing weight. You can try looking online to find your BMI.

Just keep trying, and I'm sure you'll get your desired weight :)

mathew9r
30-01-09, 14:56
Well, height really does make a difference. Your BMI is your weight compared to your height. Your BMI shouldn't be over 30. If it is, you should try losing weight. You can try looking online to find your BMI.

Just keep trying, and I'm sure you'll get your desired weight :)

BMI : 31.0

defently need to lose weight...

Punaxe
30-01-09, 15:34
http://files.noctifer.net/weightloss.gif

But seriously, I would advise to go by a fitness centre. If it's a good one, the people there should be able to advise you on a training schedule including diet tips if needed.

jamieoliver22
30-01-09, 15:44
BMI : 31.0

If your BMI is 30+ you are considered to be obese. Obesity is linked to increased risk of cancer, heart disease and other health problems.

Exercise, get plenty of fresh air too. Eat healthier, cut out all fatty foods. What kind of things do you eat?

LaraCablara
30-01-09, 16:07
I wish we could switch :o.

I cant ever gain weight...

Trigger_happy
30-01-09, 16:12
Don't just stop eating everything all of a sudden- you'll never make it. Start small and cut out things like crisps and cakes. Also, if you feel peckish, have a drink- your body can't tell the difference between thirst and hunger, so if you feel hungry, there's a big chance that your actually dehydrated!

And good luck.

mathew9r
30-01-09, 16:14
Exercise, get plenty of fresh air too. Eat healthier, cut out all fatty foods. What kind of things do you eat?
custard creams, 2 rolls every lunchtime = ham + chease, constant snacking in between meals :o that was a mouthfull (i fell so embarrassed)

Trigger_happy
30-01-09, 16:15
That's not a problem: start small, maybe by only having 1 custard cream, or bringing a giant bottle of water and alternating between food and water?

Joely-Moley
30-01-09, 16:15
One of the first and often hardest steps is starting.
You have been given a lot of good advice already, so I’ll just add what I can.

You don’t need to make a huge change to see a big difference. You just have to be patient. Don‘t give up if you don‘t see results right away, this will take time.

Drink, more water, water is good. Eat plenty of vegetables, and fruits. More vegetables than fruit because fruit has quite a lot of natural sugar. Instead of white bread switch to wholemeal bread.
Drink Skimmed or semi skimmed milk instead of full.
Trim the fat off all meat products, grill food instead of frying.

Pasta dishes are a great source of carbohydrates but always make sure you eat wholemeal pasta instead of white pasta.
Try to not to eat carbs with dinner or at night time unless planning to exercise afterwards. Otherwise it will sit in your stomach all night and will convert to fat.
Try not to eat after 8pm.

As it’s already been said aim for cardio about 3-5 times a week, but ease yourself into it. Don’t over push yourself, start off easy.
A good start in your fist week would just go for a brisk half hour walk, anything to get your heart rate up.

Swimming is also great and it’s not too hard either.
Jogging is also good or you could join a gym. You could to try and find a sport you enjoy, that makes it seem a lot less like exercise and just about fun.

Good luck

mathew9r
30-01-09, 16:19
thanks Joely-Moley, but i can not swim so i will do jogs round my area!

i just cant get myself to eat veg :( but i do like fruit but never eat it

Joely-Moley
30-01-09, 16:28
ah, well don't try swimming then!
Even power walking is great, it has similar effects to jogging it's a good way to start off as well. First time I jogged thought I was going to fall over haha.

Fruits are still good. I'm sure thereís some vegetables out there you might like, but don't force yourself to eat anything, you'll never stick to it that way.

Also, never deprive yourself of something you want. My trainer taught me the 7 minute rule.
Basically if youíre craving something, try not to think about it but if you still want it in 7 minutes just have it otherwise later on you are more likely to go and have lots of whatever it is later on and do more potential damage than to just get it out of your system.

mathew9r
30-01-09, 16:30
thanks Joely-Moley :hug:

i did start to jog but failed, so power walk is the way for me

Joely-Moley
30-01-09, 16:37
No problem :hug:
Good luck man, if you need any advice or anything just send me a message or something.
:)

Lew
30-01-09, 16:43
**** loosing weight thats **** easy, try trying to gain weight..... i can't put it on :(

Changeling
30-01-09, 16:44
Drink lots of water, cut down on foods high in fat, salt and sugar, eat three healthy square meals a day, eat fruit and vegetables often and exercise. :D

Remember to eat breakfast. It's the most important meal of the day, and research shows that people who skip breakfast when on a diet lose weight slower than people who do eat breakfast when on a diet. :)

Try not to add salt to anything. Mostly all foods have salt in them already, they don't need an extra adding. :p

Cravings will happen. It's OK to indulge in the odd chocolate bar or chippy now and then, but don't make it become a habit because then you'll be back to where you started and all the dieting will be for nothing. ;)

As for exercise, make it fun! Try taking up a hobby like dancing for example. I'm not the thinnest person in the world, but I find dancing (particularly Contemporary Dance) an easy and very fun way to exercise, and trust me, I HATE exercise :p I also do a lot of Physical Theatre, it's not for everyone, but you could try it out if you want. ;)

And don't try and quit sports once you start doing them for a while, you'll regret it. I used to be really skinny when I was younger because I did Gymnastics for nearly four years, but then I stopped and all the room my body was making for muscle just turned into fat. It's one of my major regrets in life, and plus now I'm not as flexible as I used to be. :(

Also, BE PATIENT. You won't lose weight magically, it will take some time. Before you try out your new routine, weigh yourself. Then go on your routine every day (and try hard to stick to it) for about a month and then weigh yourself again. You're sure to notice a difference if you stuck to it. :D And just keep doing that.

Good luck! Make it more of a fun thing rather than a chore. :jmp:

Joely-Moley
30-01-09, 16:49
**** loosing weight thats **** easy, try trying to gain weight..... i can't put it on :(

not for everyone man, other peoples metabolic rates are slower than others and sometimes makes it increasingly difficult.

How old are you? I had the same problem until I was about 18, then I started piling on the pounds.
Itís no fun being 6,4 and ridiculously lanky.

Lew
30-01-09, 16:52
not for everyone man, other peoples metabolic rates are slower than others and sometimes makes it increasingly difficult.

How old are you? I had the same problem until I was about 18, then I started piling on the pounds.
Itís no fun being 6,4 and ridiculously lanky.

16 and about 5"9?

Joely-Moley
30-01-09, 16:56
16 and about 5"9?

you're still young yet, I think thatís quite a normal problem for a teenage boy not being able to put on any weight due to a really fast metabolism. I was the exact same at that age.
Youíll probably start bulking up a bit when you reach 18-21.

Seb_01225
30-01-09, 17:17
No sugar, no fats

Everybody needs some sugar and fat in their diet, its just too much is bad.

Goose
30-01-09, 17:37
Id say its more a case of gaining the habit of exercising then loosing weight. Your subconscious mind is as active as your conscious one, it makes a decision on everything you eat, whether to use it or store it. If you haven't conditioned your body with frequent exercise, your mind wont decide to use all the food your eating, instead it will store it for future use. Thats how metabolism works, if you hit the tarmac and calisthenics all the time you can eat what you like, your body will always decide to use it as fuel rather then a reserve.

TRhalloween
30-01-09, 17:40
I'm 6'3 and lanky (I'm 16). Yeah, it's not that fun.

woody543
30-01-09, 17:53
I think the main thing would be exercise

that and cutting out the snacks

Melonie Tomb Raider
30-01-09, 18:02
Watch "The Biggest Loser". They teach a lot about it. I'm skinny and I still love that show. :vlol:

ECB
30-01-09, 19:05
I'm also trying to lose weight.

Drinking a lot of water really helps you. It fills you up in between meals. Plus it really helps clearing up acne, if you have it bad.

Also, exercising really does help a lot. If you don't like to go outside, you can find exercise bikes pretty cheap. You can set it in front of the TV and exercise away. This one DVD is really good for cardio. My mom does it every few days. It looks cheesey, but it does work.
http://www.hotmoviesale.com/dvds/72868/1/Biggest-Loser-Cardio-Max.jpg

Greens are also great. If you like salads I'd reccomend for you to put cut up boiled eggs on it and not a whole lot of dressing. A lot of dressing can ruin a salad's heathiness. I'd go for the lower fat ones.

Hope I helped.
Good luck! :)

IceColdLaraCroft
30-01-09, 19:11
Coffee isn't bad if you don't add anything to it, and Iced tea has no sugar. :)
Excellent suggestions, I couldn't have said better myself. I wouldn't eat too much fruit though, it's very high in sugar. Stick to things that are grilled or baked instead of fried, whole grain breads instead of white, and vegetables instead of fruits mostly.
Try not to drink too much soda, it can bloat you and give you an upset stomach. Maybe on occasion stick to diet soda, but that's it. Drink lots of water.

Most people do take sugar and/or milk with their tea or coffee which is bad. If you add milk to tea it inhibits the antioxidants in the tea. I dunno where you are in FL but you aren't "southern" unless you have sugar in your Iced tea :p

Fruit can be high in fructose, BUT there are a LOT of vitamins, fiber and nutrients in Fruit that you cannot get anywhere else. They say to aim for 5 fruits and veggies a day and to try to have different colors (red, blue, green, white, yellow).

White bread is VERY VERY BAD. So is soda. the Carbonation bloats your stomach and expands it. It isn't healthy at all because of all the chemicals. S drink water. 8 glasses a day (which is 8oz usually a small glass)

Eating healthy isn't just "healthy food" but avoiding chemicals, pesticides, perservatives and other poisons. There's "healthy" frozen meals but the heating instructions usually call for them to be heated in a microwave or oven and if they're packaged in plastic that isn't good for you because if you cook with plastic the chemicals seep into the food.

Experiment with spices (other than salt) and herbs because those will add flavor and things like Parsley and oregano have antioxidant properites that will help you be healthier.

Never starve yourself because your body will actually sacrafice minerals and vitamins first and hold onto the fat if you starve.

If you have a GP(general practioner, Dr) i'd say talk to them because they can help you with other questions and tell you how much exercise you should be getting. Especially if you've had past illnesses or surgeries there might be something they know that we on the Forum do not and you don't want to hurt yourself.

It will take you 6-8 weeks to see results, so don't give up!

Nitro Typhoon
30-01-09, 20:29
Most people do take sugar and/or milk with their tea or coffee which is bad. If you add milk to tea it inhibits the antioxidants in the tea. I dunno where you are in FL but you aren't "southern" unless you have sugar in your Iced tea :p

Fruit can be high in fructose, BUT there are a LOT of vitamins, fiber and nutrients in Fruit that you cannot get anywhere else. They say to aim for 5 fruits and veggies a day and to try to have different colors (red, blue, green, white, yellow).

White bread is VERY VERY BAD. So is soda. the Carbonation bloats your stomach and expands it. It isn't healthy at all because of all the chemicals. S drink water. 8 glasses a day (which is 8oz usually a small glass)

Eating healthy isn't just "healthy food" but avoiding chemicals, pesticides, perservatives and other poisons. There's "healthy" frozen meals but the heating instructions usually call for them to be heated in a microwave or oven and if they're packaged in plastic that isn't good for you because if you cook with plastic the chemicals seep into the food.

Experiment with spices (other than salt) and herbs because those will add flavor and things like Parsley and oregano have antioxidant properites that will help you be healthier.

Never starve yourself because your body will actually sacrafice minerals and vitamins first and hold onto the fat if you starve.

If you have a GP(general practioner, Dr) i'd say talk to them because they can help you with other questions and tell you how much exercise you should be getting. Especially if you've had past illnesses or surgeries there might be something they know that we on the Forum do not and you don't want to hurt yourself.

It will take you 6-8 weeks to see results, so don't give up!

Really good advice there :tmb:

rickybazire
30-01-09, 21:45
6ft 5.5in and juggling around 13st. It's alright, lol.

violentblossom
30-01-09, 22:47
I lost about 20 lbs in a month on a low carb diet, and i didn't ever even exercise.

Tonyrobinson
30-01-09, 22:48
Do alot of crunches within a month you'll see the results :D

stranger1992
30-01-09, 23:25
...get off TRF and actually....do soemthing? If your complaining about being fat on an internet site its biting the hand that literally...feeds you.

Find a hobby, join a gym, get a job. There are loads of small ways. Get off the bus several stops early. Walk everywhere. Prefer to take longer routes then shortcuts, don't snack, have 3 square meals a day; the list can go on but what would be helpful is if you told us what you usually eat, and when and what you do on an average day. That way, we can tweak here and there.

Joely-Moley
30-01-09, 23:41
...get off TRF and actually....do soemthing? If your complaining about being fat on an internet site its biting the hand that literally...feeds you.

I think that was uncalled for, he was on here asking for advice on how to do it.
Even if your actual advice was fine that first part was really unnessarary

Lara's Backpack
30-01-09, 23:43
Start gymnastics, problem solved, trust me :p Youll have muscles aching that you never knew exsisted.

God Horus
30-01-09, 23:56
Cut the fat from your diet. Eat healthy fruits, vegetables, and don't drink sodas or eat candy/chocolates.

Do some exercising; stretch, pushups, situps, and maybe even wait training.

Get involved. Maybe try some fun after school activities which help loose weight? Martial arts, gymnastics and swimming are a few examples of things you could do.

Set goals for yourself. Decide how much weight you wanna lose and go for it. Make an eating plan and exercise plan to help.

Don't go back to your old habits. I have met a lot of people who loose weight, and after they are happy they go back to their old habits. To loose weight you need to make a commitment - permanently.