PDA

View Full Version : Possible Friends Movie?

ECB
31-01-09, 05:45
Jennifer Aniston has caused confusion as to whether or not she is onboard for the Friends movie.

The actress - who turns 40 in February - told People magazine last week she wishes movie bosses would hurry up and give the movie, reuniting Rachel, Monica, Pheobe, Joey, Chandler and Ross the green light.

Jennifer said: "We know how much people want that, and we would of course do it if it's right. But I say do it way before we get to be geriatric Friends. Let's hurry it up."

But according to The Daily Express, while promoting her latest film Marley And Me with Owen Wilson, asked if she hoped there would be a Friends movie Jennifer replied: "I hope not."

Since the cult series ended after 10 years in 2004 there have been constant rumours of a spin-off movie reuniting Jennifer with co-stars Courteney Cox, Matthew Perry, Matt LeBlanc, Lisa Kudrow and David Schwimmer.

Following the success of this year's Sex And The City Movie it was reported Friends the movie would begin production by the end of next year.

Source (http://www.metro.co.uk/fame/article.html?Anistons_Friends_movie_muddle&in_article_id=456236&in_page_id=7&in_a_source=)

TR love
31-01-09, 05:49
Oh i LOVE friends!

I really hope they make a movie! :cln:

ECB
31-01-09, 05:59
Me too. They could really center it around Ross and Rachel's wedding. I just really think they need some type of reunion. I'm dead sure that they will have some type of reunion one day. Let it be a movie or a TV Special. I'd kill for another Thanksgiving special.

Voni
31-01-09, 09:02
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Sorry, couldn't stand Friends when it was on, and think a movie would finish me off!

Legends
31-01-09, 09:28
I would absolutely love a Friends movie. If they are doing it, I wish they would do it now, and not wait any longer so it won't be a jump of ten years.

trXD
31-01-09, 09:48
I dont see why they wouldnt want a friends movie? Its one of the most succesfull shows of all time! Years after it ended its still getting amazing ratings!

A movie... think of the money it would make!

corey01
31-01-09, 09:49
Yeah, i really hope they do it!:jmp:

Angelus
31-01-09, 11:31
Friends a cult show? :rolleyes:

Anyway... it really wouldn't work as a film.

Larapink
31-01-09, 11:32
I love friends too. :cln: Please let this be true! :jmp:

Changeling
31-01-09, 11:55
I've heard these rumours going on for years. I really hope they actually make it! :D

Last I heard, David Schwimmer didn't want to do it because he's a Director now and apparantly appearing in a Friends movie would "hurt his career". :mad:

Punaxe
31-01-09, 11:58
Hmm, it could work... I've not been very fond of the last season, though. Before that 'twas ace.

Benguitar
31-01-09, 13:37
Count me in, I would LOVE a Friends movie, as long as they have all original actors. No newbies.

MattTR
31-01-09, 13:48
I've been hearing this, but if it would be true.. that would rock! :D

Legends
31-01-09, 13:51
David Schwimmer didn't want to do it because he's a Director now and apparantly appearing in a Friends movie would "hurt his career". :mad:

He has NO career! Has he done anything since friends? The only one who's at all been successful is Jennifer Aniston. No one else. Courtney Cox had a little thing on TV, but that flopped. This couldn't hurt anyone's career, it could help build it again. It's so annoying when actors claim it would be unprofessional or have some reason not to do it when all they do is sit around doing absolutely nothing. See how successful Sex and the City were... Friends will be better.

Shark_Blade
31-01-09, 13:58
They made Sex and the city movie (which resulting to WTH reaction from me), so Friends is gonna be good. :)

I expect Desperate Housewives movie next. :p

mmm...cookies
31-01-09, 13:59
Do it do it do it.......................

irjudd
31-01-09, 15:16
*yawn*

Friends is old news. The show was fun for the first 5 seasons.

mmm...cookies
31-01-09, 15:36
He has NO career! Has he done anything since friends? The only one who's at all been successful is Jennifer Aniston. No one else. Courtney Cox had a little thing on TV, but that flopped. This couldn't hurt anyone's career, it could help build it again. It's so annoying when actors claim it would be unprofessional or have some reason not to do it when all they do is sit around doing absolutely nothing. See how successful Sex and the City were... Friends will be better.

Voiced:
Madagascar
Madagascar 2

Directed:

Little Brittain USA
Run Fatboy Run

Produced:
Nevermind Nirvana

so theres a few good things since friends:p

marla_biggs
31-01-09, 15:55
i hope it's not true. i dunno if a film would work :(

violentblossom
31-01-09, 16:01
I love Friends, but its kind of annoying that theyre so out of movie ideas that they've started reviving ended shows into 2 hour movies.

I hope they put this out because there's honest consumer interest and not just to make money.

Nannonxyay
31-01-09, 16:02
It's a bit outdated, don't you think?

violentblossom
31-01-09, 16:03

probably.

woody543
31-01-09, 16:25
as long as it doesnt ruin the end of the series' which ended fantastically, even though it was sad.

Maybe we could just get Justin lee Collins to do a "bring back friends"

Hermina94
31-01-09, 16:29
I would love a Friends movie!!!

TRhalloween
31-01-09, 16:57
I've heard these rumours going on for years. I really hope they actually make it! :D

Last I heard, David Schwimmer didn't want to do it because he's a Director now and apparantly appearing in a Friends movie would "hurt his career". :mad:

lol "career"

Voiced:
Madagascar
Madagascar 2

Directed:

Little Brittain USA
Run Fatboy Run

Produced:
Nevermind Nirvana

so theres a few good things since friends:p

And a Friends movie could end that roller coaster :tea:

hollister
31-01-09, 17:08
Yay!!!!:D:D:D HOPEFULLY ITS TRUE!!!:):D:)

laralover_07
31-01-09, 17:19
Doubt it.

It's been rumoured forever.

First it was 6 hour-long episodes, "A year after they were F.R.I.E.N.D.S."
Then it was a movie.
Then Jennifer and Courtney apparently fell out. And Jennifer couldn't be bothered. Then Courtney couldn't be bothered.

It'd be good but, I don't think so..

Lenochka
31-01-09, 17:28
Sex and the City was huge... but that show was only on HBO (many don't get HBO).
Friends was on a network basically EVERYONE has. I can't even imagine how big a movie based on the show would be :O

Lara Croft!
31-01-09, 18:39
I've heard this rumor ever since the series has ended... Not sure it will ever happen.

IceColdLaraCroft
31-01-09, 22:12
Wouldn't she have to learn how to act before a director would cast her in a major motion picture?

Lee croft
31-01-09, 23:47
in the words of janice oh my god!! a friends movie would be fantastic!! phi phi is the best!! (lisa kudrow)

Angelus
01-02-09, 00:00
in the words of janice oh my god!! a friends movie would be fantastic!! phi phi is the best!! (lisa kudrow)

...don't you mean Phoebe?

Sir Croft
01-02-09, 00:06
Weren't these rumours denied already? I'd LOVE a Friends movie! They should definitely go for it!! :cln:

No, that's Janice:

LOPwvFz7SP0

Love her :vlol:

Friends is never outdated :ohn:

Lee croft
01-02-09, 00:14
No, that's Janice:

he meant the phi phi part

phi phi is my nick name for her

AmericanAssassin
01-02-09, 00:16
I love Friends. :tmb: I would looooove a movie for such a wonderful show! :D

Angelus
01-02-09, 00:18
Weren't these rumours denied already? I'd LOVE a Friends movie! They should definitely go for it!! :cln:

No, that's Janice:

[youtube]

Love her :vlol:

Friends is never outdated :ohn:

I know what Janice's catchphrase is. He said "Phi Phi (Lisa Kudrow)", and that's when I replied.

Lee croft
01-02-09, 00:19
phi phi is a nick name for her

Sir Croft
01-02-09, 00:20
I know Janice's catchphrase is. He said "Phi Phi (Lisa Kudrow), and that's when I replied.

Oh, sorry. My bad. :o

Tidus
01-02-09, 00:22
OOOOOH MY GOD! :D

I'd love a friends movie, I really really hope they do one.

And for those who are going on about how horrible or stupid it is, simple solution. Just dont watch it. :ohn:

Angelus
01-02-09, 00:23
Oh, sorry. My bad. :o

Not a problem. :)

ECB
19-02-09, 02:24
Jennifer Aniston was on Ellen the other day. She said thatshe wouldn't mind doing a Friends reunion episode. Like another Thanksgiving special. I still have little hope!