PDA

View Full Version : Happy Imbolc!

Changeling
02-02-09, 13:12
February 2nd is officially the first day of Spring a.k.a Imbolc! (Well, I don't know if anyone else would class it as that, but Pagans should know what I mean :p) So happy Imbolc everyone!

I'm not a Pagan myself, but seen as I knew the holidays I'd thought I'd just create a topic about it seen as there are a couple of Pagans on here :D

OH and by the way, what's the weather like round your area? Legend goes that if the weather is foul on Feb. 2nd then winter will go away, but if it's pleasant the the winter will stay longer.

The weather up here is pretty sunny... but god damn it's COLD!!

Eleana
02-02-09, 13:40
Haha, Happy Imbolc to you too... its was lovely of you to make a thread for it! :D

Bright blessings TRF.

M.A.
02-02-09, 14:05
We're having a pretty heavy rain for about 4 hours now. Tho we live in the tropics. Does this mean that you winter dwelling people will lose your beautiful snow soon? :D

Happy Imbolc everybody....:hug:

Changeling
02-02-09, 15:57
We're having a pretty heavy rain for about 4 hours now. Tho we live in the tropics. Does this mean that you winter dwelling people will lose your beautiful snow soon? :D

Maybe! :D It's supposed to be that the Cailleach (winter-maker) will make the weather pleasant on Imbolc so she can go out and collect more firewood to keep herself warm because she's planning to keep the winter going a good while longer. But if the weather is bad it means that the Cailleach is asleep and forgot to do it, meaning that spring is here! WOO! :p

Rivendell
02-02-09, 16:44
*Shivers*

It still feels very much like Winter to me!