PDA

View Full Version : New Version Of MSN!

Hairhelmet12
02-02-09, 22:11
My friend told me about the new Version And im downloading now and it looks really cool!

http://download.live.com/messenger/?mkt=en-us

Just download and it will install over your old one, if you have msn plus you have to reinstall it, but youll still have all your sounds.

viper456
02-02-09, 22:13
Just a warning to Stuffplug 3 users;

I installed the new msn without updated Stuffplug (infact I dont even know if there is an update for it) but MSN no likey! It was crashing every 5 mins so I had to uninstall Stuffplug!

There is an update for MSN Plus! though and that works fine :)!

jamieoliver22
02-02-09, 22:13
I'm still on version 8, I don't like any of the latest versions to be honest. I find version 8 simple enough to use, and it does everything I want it too.

Lenochka
02-02-09, 22:17
I looooove the new MSN <3
It has everything about the old one that I loved but this time around you can use gif's in your display and you get your own nifty little banner (I'm all about customizing shiz xD). Not sure what else is new since I have been to busy to properly look around xD

tomblover
02-02-09, 22:19
I have this, and I have the new Plus!. Loving it! :D

lararoxs
02-02-09, 22:20
I dont have this one. I prefer the 2008 version of Windows Live, version 8 basically.

9.0 is just too... I dont know, I just prefer the old version better.

Sir Croft
02-02-09, 23:07
I only use Plus! so I should be fine. I'll download it :D

Phys
02-02-09, 23:15
I hated the new msn when I tried BETA. You'd be surprised how much of a difference having Plus! makes. I love it now!

MattTR
02-02-09, 23:15
I hated it at first, but I'm just going to download it. I want something new in my life anyway.. :p

Psychos'Я'Us
02-02-09, 23:20
I love it! And Plus makes it even better! :D

Jo269976
02-02-09, 23:23
Does anyone know the resoultion for the 'scenes' it seems to be rather small and pixelated :(

oocladableeblah
02-02-09, 23:25
Does anyone know the resoultion for the 'scenes' it seems to be rather small and pixelated :(

What are "scenes"?

Phys
02-02-09, 23:26

Afraid not but I use a wallpaper sized picture of lara for my scene and its excellent quality. No pixelation :)

Jo269976
02-02-09, 23:27
What are "scenes"?

Kind of like little themes, here's an example. A horrid one, but one nontheless.

http://i43.************/v6m5jb.png

See the little TR banner in the background, problem is that it's really grainy with any picture and you can't tell which size to edit the picture into :(

Unless there's a way to make the area of the 'banner' bigger, anyone know?

Hairhelmet12
02-02-09, 23:54
Probly cause the picture is too small so its stretched.

Jo269976
03-02-09, 00:04
Probly cause the picture is too small so its stretched.

I did it with a huge wallpaper, and still got the same problem.

Lenochka
03-02-09, 00:08
I think it depends on how much you stretch the window =/ (which is rather sucky... but whatev, atleast the option to use it is there xD)

Jo269976
03-02-09, 00:12
I think it depends on how much you stretch the window =/ (which is rather sucky... but whatev, atleast the option to use it is there xD)

I just discovered that myself :vlol:

Ah well, at least it's something different :)

Legends
03-02-09, 00:26
I love it. Best update in a very long time. I also like the new Windows Live Mail. Just perfect, so much easier.

Lew
03-02-09, 00:27
Awww wish I could use it :( ah well no one interesting goes on msn anymore anyway.

Ikas90
03-02-09, 00:27
The only thing I don't like about the new MSN, is that it's much harder to send a screen capture. With the older version I could just press 'Prt Scr' and Ctrl+V and it would send them the screenshot. Now it just puts a gigantic picture up that takes all the room of the convo window, and doesn't even tell you if it's sending or not.

Larapink
03-02-09, 00:28
I can't be bothered to download this right now. :D

Still getting used to msn live, I remember the last version of Msn I used was 6.1! :vlol:

Immortalis08
03-02-09, 00:43
Awww wish I could use it :( ah well no one interesting goes on msn anymore anyway.

:rolleyes: Uh huh, you wouldn't know that unless you were on MSN yourself. :p lol But yeah I wish there were a new version for us Mac users. :(

Lew
03-02-09, 00:56
:rolleyes: Uh huh, you wouldn't know that unless you were on MSN yourself. :p lol But yeah I wish there were a new version for us Mac users. :(

eh i'm on it right now ! lol and yeah like we cant even use webcam...... or winks.... or nudges......

Immortalis08
03-02-09, 00:58
:eek:

I never noticed. I only talk to like 3 people on MSN. I prefer using iChat/AIM at least they give me a webcam option. :pi:

EmeraldFields
03-02-09, 00:59
Thanks! I just downloaded it!:D

Lew
03-02-09, 01:01

I never noticed. I only talk to like 3 people on MSN. I prefer using iChat/AIM at least they give me a webcam option. :pi:

what ? never noticed what ? and yeah iChats alright but the display pictures are too small, almost pointless although i like how they turn into the icon if you minimize the chat.

Immortalis08
03-02-09, 01:09
what ? never noticed what ? and yeah iChats alright but the display pictures are too small, almost pointless although i like how they turn into the icon if you minimize the chat.

Webcam, winks or nudges. Judging since that was what we were talking about ;). The only reason I like MSN or YIM is because of the larger display pictures and variety of smileys. :D But at least iChat doesn't kick me off like MSN every freaking hour. :mad:

Hairhelmet12
03-02-09, 01:12
i can nudge and use winks dont know about webcam i dont have one...

Lew
03-02-09, 01:13
Webcam, winks or nudges. Judging since that was what we were talking about ;). The only reason I like MSN or YIM is because of the larger display pictures and variety of smileys. :D But at least iChat doesn't kick me off like MSN every freaking hour. :mad:

Lol oh yeah, i think it just looks very ugly and not very macish.... or windows like either.

digitizedboy
03-02-09, 01:15
Sigh, couldn't care less about MSN anymore. I miss all those Bell sounds when someone came online however, cute. :D

rickybazire
03-02-09, 07:48
I tried it. It's alright, but I prefer the older version, so I use that version.

rowanlim
03-02-09, 08:12
(I think) I'm using the new MSN & me likey! :tmb:

Soo pretty too :p

jamieoliver22
03-02-09, 11:33
eh i'm on it right now ! lol and yeah like we cant even use webcam...... or winks.... or nudges......

To be honest, you probably don't want them - they are so bloody annoying, they are just a novelty. There is nothing worse then having someone send you nudge after nudge when you are busy doing something more important, or talking to someone else. And winks are just as bad, as you can't stop them from playing once they have started, and they are annoying.

Call me miserable if you like, but I keep them disabled.

viper456
03-02-09, 11:35
To be honest, you probably don't want them - they are so bloody annoying, they are just a novelty. There is nothing worse then having someone send you nudge after nudge when you are busy doing something more important, or talking to someone else. And winks are just as bad, as you can't stop them from playing once they have started, and they are annoying.

You press Esc. :D

Paddy
03-02-09, 12:34
I hate the new MSN, causes viruses no matter where I get it from and stuffs up my computer screen,.

viper456
03-02-09, 13:27
omggggggg you can record a little clip from your webcam and set it as your display pic! it makes it into a little gif for you! that.is.so.COOL! :O

*poses*

Angelx14
03-02-09, 16:41
Dude, that's not new :ton:

Laralissa
03-02-09, 16:43
I just downloaded it and Im already confused :p The display pictures are on the left... its just not right! Its like being in America! o_O xDD

Angelx14
03-02-09, 16:47

You press Esc. :D
Yeah Jamie.. you also have to read :ton:

jamieoliver22
03-02-09, 16:51
Yeah Jamie.. you also have to read :ton:

I did read it, thanks - but it doesn't annoy me any less. I'd rather have decent conversation with someone (who types properly, not like a 13 year old) that doesn't consist of my window being shaken about or stupid animations everywhere.

People who have emoticons/smileys for every damn word/letter annoys me too - what is the point? I just prefer a simple, adult conversation with someone.

</rant>

Laralissa
03-02-09, 16:54
I did read it, thanks - but it doesn't annoy me any less. I'd rather have decent conversation with someone (who types properly, not like a 13 year old) that doesn't consist of my window being shaken about or stupid animations everywhere.

People who have emoticons/smileys for every damn word/letter annoys me too - what is the point? I just prefer a simple, adult conversation with someone.

</rant>

Your text didnt work, you forgot to put <rant> at the beginning :p

God, I know what you mean about the personalised smileys for each word. The most annoying thing is when someone has too many, they dont even show up, so all you get is broken speech with a random animation every few gaps or so >_< Why cant they just type normally?

jamieoliver22
03-02-09, 16:57
Your text didnt work, you forgot to put <rant> at the beginning :p

Meh, doesn't matter - it was used as an expression, not for validity :p

irjudd
03-02-09, 17:00
Jamie, why don't you just stop talking to people who are prone to nudging and using winkies all the time?

Seems like that'd be easier than adjusting your software habits.

Lew
03-02-09, 18:26
Oh those animations annoy me ! thank god no one uses them anymore, unless your a chav with no intelligence whatsoever.

NympHadorA
03-02-09, 18:45
I didnt like it I think it sucks...

Ada the Mental
03-02-09, 19:28
I'm sticking to the older version, this new one looks ugly and messy.

</rant>
I agree. It's so annoying. Is it so hard for people to just keep the emoticons out of the conversation?

Draco
03-02-09, 19:29

MSN has a webcam option.

FourBalls
03-02-09, 20:23
I've been using it for about 1,5 months now. Took a few days to get used to but I like it a lot now :)

allie9x
03-02-09, 20:37
Yeah I got another lappytop and downloaded it yesterday.. its a bit crazy.. I like the way it looks, but its more complex. xD

jjbennett
03-02-09, 20:38
I downloaded it having only used messenger about 4 times before. Whats new, it seems the same style to me :|

Hyper_Crazy
03-02-09, 20:41
The pictures on the opposite sides annoy me, and they took away the in a call, be right back, and out to lunch status, I always used the in a call one, but nooo. I also don't like that they changed "online" to "available". I do like that the colour of the picture changes when your status is busy, or away etc. :)

jjbennett
03-02-09, 20:47
^ The available thing is a laugh, it makes my contacts list look like a phonebox of calling cards.

Hyper_Crazy
03-02-09, 21:51
Man, you can't even change the webcam settings. :/