PDA

View Full Version : "Veronika Decides to Die" Movie

LaraLuvrrr
04-02-09, 03:12
Omg I'm a huge fan of Paulo Coelho and this is one of my favorite books by him that's now gonna be a movie. Has anyone read "Veronika Decides to Die?" I recommend it like BIG TIME as it was such a touching book that made me think seriously about the meaning of my life and of living life to the fullest and being true to yourself. Anybody else a fan that's excited for this movie? Oh and the leading actress is gonna be Sarah Michelle Gellar. I haven't seen her in a movie in awhile.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=YtcZhIrhAaY
http://carine-olivia.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/veronika.jpg

NympHadorA
04-02-09, 07:13
Hey, that's one of my favs too and I am a Coelho fan. And I am a Sarah Michelle Gellar fan too so I think it's going to be one of the best movies for me to wait. :cln: Thanks for the thread :jmp:

Crisl
04-02-09, 08:35
Wow, itīs gonna be a movie? Hmm, I canīt decide whether itīs a good or bad idea :D
I absolutely loved the book, itīs just brilliant :jmp: Iīve read it within like two days :)
So I really do hope they wonīt spoil the story :mis: But I still think it canīt be better than the book. Never :D

Fdx Croft
04-02-09, 14:00
oh, ive heard about this book... my sister told me a little bit about it cause she read it... it looks interesting but sad :(

Thorir
04-02-09, 14:27
I liked the book. Sarah Michelle Gellar looks quite good in it. :)

LaraLuvrrr
04-02-09, 19:49
Wow, itīs gonna be a movie? Hmm, I canīt decide whether itīs a good or bad idea :D
I absolutely loved the book, itīs just brilliant :jmp: Iīve read it within like two days :)
So I really do hope they wonīt spoil the story :mis: But I still think it canīt be better than the book. Never :D

Yea I don't think it will be better then the book. I envisioned the story completely different then the movie. I think the movie was made for more mainstream audiences. Because I'm pretty sure I remember Veronika living in a village in Eastern Europe but in the movie she is working in a corporate setting and I think in the U.S. Maybe its to make the character more relatable to audiences. I swear if critics compare it to "Girl Interrupted" I'll be ****ed :mad: just cuz I can see some saying its a rip off of that movie even though its not.

Crisl
04-02-09, 19:58
I canīt see the trailer right now, so I canīt judge on how it looks...
The story takes place in Slovenia, Ljubljana...so I imagined it like this too (of course) :D So if they changed the place to America, it would be very difficult for me to accept it :)
Now we can just wait what ELSE they have changed... nooo :hea:

Lara Croft!
04-02-09, 20:36
I've read the book a long time ago. It was rather mediocre. It had some good ideas on insanity but that's just that.

Psychos'Я'Us
04-02-09, 20:58
Well I haven't read the book but it does sound very interesting! I'll definitely pick up the movie :D Btw does anyone know the release date?

Crisl
04-02-09, 21:12
Well I haven't read the book but it does sound very interesting! I'll definitely pick up the movie :D Btw does anyone know the release date?
Hey, weīre just saying theyīre gonna spoil the movie :smk: :D The book would be better :whi:
But yeah, people who havenīt read the book will probably like the movie :)

Psychos'Я'Us
04-02-09, 21:17
I'm too lazy to read the book xD I know it's not a good thing, it's actually a sad thing. :(

Crisl
04-02-09, 21:21
Well some people just donīt enjoy reading...I understand. And Iīm lazy to do many other things ;) So I hope youīll enjoy the movie :D

Psychos'Я'Us
04-02-09, 21:28
Well it's not that I don't enjoy reading. It's more like I don't have the patience xD And thanks :)

LaraLuvrrr
04-02-09, 21:56

I don't think it has a release date as of yet. But it should come out this year... Although I wish they'd give it a date already lol. I just love the song in the trailer... its sad but yet lovely. Sometimes things that are so melancholic can also be so beautiful lol