PDA

View Full Version : Hellraiser - Remake

Jo269976
04-02-09, 12:13
Before we form a lynch mob, Clive Barker is writing the script :)

Clive Barker has announced on Revelations that The Weinstein Company is developing a Hellraiser remake and has asked him to write the script:

"They're going to remake Hellraiser One with a lot more money and they've invited me to write it – the invitation came from Bob Weinstein – which I am going to do, on the basis that if I don't do it, it will be done in some way that I probably won't like!

"It's only that one that I really, really, really care about in terms of its remake value - and it'll be kind of fun to have the extra money to do the effects and all that cool stuff.

"So it puts me in the situation of writing both the beginning and the end of Pinhead at the same time – 'In my end is my beginning…' I'm not in the middle, as it were, I'm leaving out his middle age, I'm just dealing with his beginning and his end.

"I'm excited about it - actually it'll be kinda cool to revisit it once and see if there are things we can do to it which will make it significantly better."

Barker adds that he won't direct, but that he'll be producing as well.

And the icing on the cake, here's a picture of the proposed new Pinhead:

WARNING: Some blood and gore.

http://www.fangoriaonline.com/images/stories/features/pinheadnewtunnicliffe3.jpg

Goose
04-02-09, 12:15
The only thing that needs to be changed in Hellraiser was that crappy monster in the Hospital Wall scene. Everything else was classic and should stay untouched.

Just going to be a bunch of computer bs like the new day/dawn of the dead films.

Carbonek_0051
04-02-09, 12:17
=/

I don't care who is writing it. Must classics really be remade? Can no one in the movie industry be original?

Oh well only movies I look foward to this year is Franklyn, & 9. The only 2 original ideas I have seen so far coming this year.

digitizedboy
04-02-09, 12:20
The only thing that needs to be changed in Hellraiser was that crappy monster in the Hospital Wall scene. Everything else was classic and should stay untouched.

Just going to be a bunch of computer bs like the new day/dawn of the dead films.

lol I totally agree, I hated that scene. The rest of the movie however is excellent. Why don't they remake some of Barker's other known movies that need a face lift instead. How about nightbreed?

Goose
04-02-09, 13:00
lol I totally agree, I hated that scene. The rest of the movie however is excellent. Why don't they remake some of Barker's other known movies that need a face lift instead. How about nightbreed?

Yea exactly, i dont understand it....

Instead of:

"That movies amazing, lets remake it!!!"

They should be saying:

"That movies ****, but had potential, lets remake it!"

Kiss-Bite
04-02-09, 13:10
I actually prefer the original Pinhead, the picture above is more like Nailhead!:D I'm not sure if Hellraiser needs to be remade personally?:confused: On the other hand Nightbreed could benefit a lot in a remake.:)

aileenwuornos
04-02-09, 13:28
It's not as cool as the great Doug Bradley, but that looks ****ing AWESOME!

Encore
04-02-09, 13:41
Luckily I just got the movie and will watch it for the first time ever, at least I'll know what the original's like in comparison... Yes I know, I'm so late. :p

IceColdLaraCroft
04-02-09, 13:57
What makes the original SO creepy were the bad graphics and the BAD lighting. That mattress scene in the attic LOOKS real because there isn't some super special hollywood lighting.

TombRaiderLover
04-02-09, 14:24
The first film had a great atmosphere, and I'd hope the remake wouldn't differ too much in that respect. Glad Clive Barker is returning, but I'm not sure what to think of the new Pinhead. The blood is bareable, but I don't like the eye lenses.

digitizedboy
04-02-09, 14:34
Yea exactly, i dont understand it....

Instead of:

"That movies amazing, lets remake it!!!"

They should be saying:

"That movies ****, but had potential, lets remake it!"

I think it should always be the case. I really don't mind it myself when movies are remade that didn't live up to their full potential at the time of making. But Hellraiser? It still looks great today. As already mentioned, the atmosphere is great in that movie.

What makes the original SO creepy were the bad graphics and the BAD lighting. That mattress scene in the attic LOOKS real because there isn't some super special hollywood lighting.

I think some of the effects still look good now. I loved the clever nifty effects that saw Frank reborn in that dark and dingy attic. Creepy stuff. :eek:

Tonyrobinson
04-02-09, 14:49
I'm sick of horror remakes. Think I'll give this one a miss.