PDA

View Full Version : The scarriest thing(s) of the game?

ClassicCroft
04-02-09, 13:04
I was BRRR when the big gorrila,s coming 2 me :(
Or the T-Rex..

i wanna know the scarriest things of you.:jmp:

Greats: C.C

tranniversary119
04-02-09, 14:13
Scariest? Nothing was really scary..well that half man half horse atlantean scared the **** out of me.

dcw123
04-02-09, 15:24
The awful level design:ton:..

Nothing really scared me, since everything was shown via cameras and music cues....:o

Actually, there was 1 bit in Lost Valley, when the 1st bear charges at you from behind a rock.. LOL

tomblover
04-02-09, 15:33
The bear in The Lost Valley, and the creepy ambience in the Egypt corridor. (The mummy whispers.)

Hermina94
04-02-09, 17:04
just the bear in peru,but I dont recall anything scary

Tomb Raider Master
04-02-09, 17:09
Can't recall any TBH.

TombRaiderCool
04-02-09, 17:17
The bear in Vilcabamba scared me the first time I played the game, there aren't as many "jump out of your seat" moments in this game as there were in the original.

Your_Envy*
04-02-09, 17:31
Hmm I still haven't finished it yet.. :o
Maybe mutants at the first time.. Some unexpected wolfs or bears.. But the thing is, the music always starts when some enemy wants to eat you. :vlol: That's too bad in my opinion. Old TR's were more scary. :D

Atlantisfreak666
04-02-09, 17:39
Nothing really.
:o

Ashnod
04-02-09, 17:50
I always looked at the "jump out of your seat moments" as cheap. Easy to kill enemy, impossibly hidden from view until the last moment, jumps out to attack without warning.

Effective as the cat jumping out of the closet in a horror film, but only in annoying you that the director freaking had to stoop that low.

Kharakie
04-02-09, 17:59
I always pay a little bit more attention to music/sounds so I've found the Peru ambients preety creepy. You really could get disturbing feeling of isolation.

Ilie_Fusarau
04-02-09, 18:32
The rats :eek:

ajrich17901
04-02-09, 18:46
All the butchering done to my fav game.

Zebra
04-02-09, 18:50
Nothing. The game was as atmospheric and exciting as a storage room :rolleyes:. Nothing would've scared me in there.

Lost_Soul
04-02-09, 18:54
When something jumped out at me from behind a corner. That always gets me even if it's, say a puppy.
Well that and Lara's horrible facial expressions. Forget guns, she could kill someone with her embarrasingly over-exaggerated expressions alone.

Priscilla
04-02-09, 18:55
In Midas Palace,every time to i go back to Midas Palace and those damn gorillas come out of nowhere!

And mountain caves with the two wooden bridges, i jumped in there, i didnt know there were wolves, and all of the sudden the music starts and the wolves attack me, i almost had a heartattack!

Love2Raid
04-02-09, 21:29
The other day I was playing the Final Conflict-level, with sound off. (You should try that once :ton:)

I had just finished that part where you pull a switch that triggers two moving ledges and a Flying Mutant (somewhere in the beginning of the level). So I took care of the beast and moved on, when suddenly a freakin' CENTAUR came running around the corner!!! :yik:
(I had totally forgotten about that fellow...:D)

OMG that was amazing! :vlol:

Seriously, you should try that once, playing TRA with sound off.

Rai
04-02-09, 21:59
There weren't as many scare moments as in TR1, but I did jump with the bear in Peru. I also freaked in Sancturay of the Scion and during the Atlantis levels at times, the final conflict, I think. Also the whispers in Egypt were very spooky.

TombRaider72
04-02-09, 22:01
OMG!!! MIDAS PALACE!!! THOSE STUPID THINGS SCARE ME TOO!!!:yik:

In Midas Palace,every time to i go back to Midas Palace and those damn gorillas come out of nowhere!

And mountain caves with the two wooden bridges, i jumped in there, i didnt know there were wolves, and all of the sudden the music starts and the wolves attack me, i almost had a heartattack!

TombRaider72
04-02-09, 22:05
Oh ya those whispers. Funny story. I was playing that level at night and it was very quiet in my house and my brother knew that the whispers scared me and he hid while I was playing and he jumped out and about gave me a heart attack!! :mad: I punched him for it!!! :ton:

There weren't as many scare moments as in TR1, but I did jump with the bear in Peru. I also freaked in Sancturay of the Scion and during the Atlantis levels at times, the final conflict, I think. Also the whispers in Egypt were very spooky.

da tomb raider!
04-02-09, 22:09
Nothing, apart from the sheer laziness of the game.

Los Angeles
04-02-09, 22:14
How people like to pretend Anniversary being scary is just funny... :rolleyes:

Anniversary is so boring, play TR II to scare the :cen: out of you!

Twilight
04-02-09, 22:25
it once came close to scaring me. a cat mummy popped out of the side of a wall with no growl for an introduction, i jumped a bit.

truthfully, if i wanted a game to scare me i'd play a horror game.

Timbit
05-02-09, 06:23
The bear in Vilcabamba scared me the first time I played the game, there aren't as many "jump out of your seat" moments in this game as there were in the original.

You weren't expecting him? xD

Alex Fly
05-02-09, 10:26
Gorillas ! :yik:

kristi
05-02-09, 12:18
Nothing.

suli
05-02-09, 12:58
there wasnt any scary things to be honest , but I remeber that bear in the lost valley , and those panthers in the final puzzle in Temple of khamoon. :cln: , I was like "**** , fromwhere they appeared :yik:

Nerd For Life
05-02-09, 13:27
The gorillas were pretty fierce.

TRfan9294
05-02-09, 19:20
Scariest? Nothing was really scary..well that half man half horse atlantean scared the **** out of me.

Yeah he was pretty creepy:p.

NympHadorA
05-02-09, 20:56
I scare nothing for now -a little bit bears :)-. But now I am in St. Francis and I don't what's going to scare me next time...

Palace Midas
05-02-09, 21:10
I very scary moment is the part where the Gorilla lurks in a dark corridor in the Wii version. It's dark because you have a flashlight in this version. But some idiots from Crystal Dynamics placed a gorilla in the middle of a dark corridor. That was a 'jump out of your seat' moment.

GenyaArikado
05-02-09, 21:44
Winston appearing from no-where in the Manor

Nerd For Life
05-02-09, 22:24

This. A million times this.

hitnrun017
06-02-09, 01:12

Oh my god yes! The only thing in the game that made me jump. Croft Manor is so soft and serene, so when you round a corner and come face to face with some random dude standing there... sort of freaks the crap out of you. Stupid Winston.

There was also a very creepy part in the first part of Egypt, the cutscene of one of the cat mummy things standing with their back to Lara. Got the chills.

TR love
06-02-09, 11:42
Well...when i saw a close-up of a centuar i had to fight off the urge to run off screaming...urgh i hate them now!

also those flying mutants. there so annoying im to the point of bieng scared of them :hea:

Naz2000
06-02-09, 12:35
The part in Tomb of Qualopec where you run into what seems like an ordinary room until the floor breaks. Made me jump on the first AND decond playthrough lmao. Also when you come back from one of those rooms a raptor screams from around the corner.

Love2Raid
06-02-09, 17:26
^

I was expecting the collapsing floor...:D
But still it was kinda scary when it happened, with the wolves howling and all.. :tmb:

Joshorty
06-02-09, 18:31
Yeah to be honest nothing was as scary anymore. But the T-rex - in the first run - SCARED ME 'cause it was SOO bBIG. But not anymore. I mean ya it's still big but not scary anymore. As for TR1 - the T-rex STILL scares me..."I wonder why".....

And o I'll make an exception to Egypt - when you have to remove one of the push-a-blocks and a panther suddenly surprises you.

I think the problem is that we are always 'warned' that the animals would be coming. Like whenever you're about to go to an area, you'd hear a wolf howl before you actually encounter it face to face. THAT I don't like.

Love2Raid
06-02-09, 18:34
I think the problem is that we are always 'warned' that the animals would be coming. Like whenever you're about to go to an area, you'd hear a wolf howl before you actually encounter it face to face. THAT I don't like.

LOL, turn off the sound!!! :vlol:

You will be surprised/scared, I bet you will. :D

sweetest-sin
06-02-09, 18:45
the monkey that comes out by the big waterfall close to the beginning , i pee'd myself

gremlinta
06-02-09, 20:14
Nothing really scared me in Anni, but the first glimpse of the T-Rex was a HOLY :cen: moment. Thoroughly enjoyed the game except for the :cen::cen::cen: Centaurs. ;)

DeadlySilence
07-02-09, 01:12
not sure where but there was none of that dramatic music and when i turned around i saw a mummy.... scared the daylights out of me XD

ClassicCroft
07-02-09, 11:15
not sure where but there was none of that dramatic music and when i turned around i saw a mummy.... scared the daylights out of me XD

Yeah i have that same feeling, with an raptor,.. there was an dramatic and scarry sound and there comes the raptors i was: :(BRR..

daventry
07-02-09, 11:39
Everything was a Joke in this Game. http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/sick/sick0021.gif

My Hands, i just Killed Someone. http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/sad/sad0014.gif

The Creatures were too Cartoony. http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/character/character0029.gif

Natla were too Stupid to Flap those Wings when she fell into the Lava, FLAP THOSE PUPPIES. http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/evil/evilgrin0041.gif

If you want a Scary Truly Experienced TR Game, go play TR1. :tmb::tmb::tmb::tmb:

Julija
07-02-09, 12:59
small dinosaurs in the end of first level and those ugly kokons with muscules mnsters in it xD

Likay
07-02-09, 20:33
One of the black panters behind those movable blocks in one of the egypt levels. I just got my big true-3d rig and it scared the crap out of me and my friend when it jumped out of the screen for our throats! :yik:
No really scaring moments otherwise though.

Naz2000
08-02-09, 08:38
I yes and don't forget the cat mummy falling towards Lara in the cutscene with the "dead" Qualopec:)

Changeling
08-02-09, 09:16
I yes and don't forget the cat mummy falling towards Lara in the cutscene with the "dead" Qualopec:)

That was the only thing in Anni that made me jump out of my seat. Nothing else.

Dream_Raider
09-02-09, 08:59
Not scary...I just dont like it when gorillas come lumbering at you in those narrow corridors in Greece......Of course, that makes it easier to kill them. But who knows, I might find something scary, I haven't finished the game yet :)

Dream

PS- I agree with Naz2000, that cat mummy scared me, I what like WHOA!!!

Helegad
09-02-09, 10:49
Not much apart from cheap "jump out and go boo" scares.

TRLaraCroft
09-02-09, 11:02
actually there is nothing that ı scared of on Anniversary but when ı first played it but actualy when ı first played game ı was afraid of great pyramid traps and ledges which flying mutants comes out then ledges were timed limited and time is over ı was falling sometimes also too...:eek::)

and on final conflict on lava room ı was feeling so exciting... :eek::)

Chocola teapot
10-02-09, 15:57
The look of the doppelganger. Im terrified of skeletons and bare flesh so the shock of encountering one running around would probly make me... die.

x...justme...x
10-02-09, 19:27
I very scary moment is the part where the Gorilla lurks in a dark corridor in the Wii version. It's dark because you have a flashlight in this version. But some idiots from Crystal Dynamics placed a gorilla in the middle of a dark corridor. That was a 'jump out of your seat' moment.

same. i jumped so high i went through the ceiling!!! ;)

Tombraiderx08
10-02-09, 22:32
natla and her dead looking self :D

Timbit
11-02-09, 06:24
The biggest scare for me was when I was walking through the manor
and I turned the camera and...BAM! Winston scared the heck out of me! :hea:

He hadn't been standing there ever before!

ShadyCroft
13-02-09, 20:31
Nothing at all was scary about Anniversary. :)

tomblover
13-02-09, 21:08
don't forget the cat mummy falling towards Lara in the cutscene with the "dead" Qualopec:) Aww yes, I freaked out at that.

Munin Raven
14-02-09, 22:38
The awful level design:ton:..

Ditto. Although I wouldn't go as far as to say it was awful, just that the game engine (climbables) is far too restrictive and linear. :(

Pan
15-02-09, 00:54
When Qualopec chases (supposedly) you, the first playthrough I was totally scared!

Tony9595
18-02-09, 23:41
Classic Lara Outfit! :yik:

SweetMaleficia
19-02-09, 17:39
Anniversary? Scary? That doesn't work.

The original was much scarier, and the torso monster still scares me ****less. The new monster is just boring.

Although I did jump at the bear in Lost Valley - although I didn't jump as high as I did with the one in TR1's Vilcabamba ;D

Classic Lara Outfit! :yik:

That was bloody terrifying.

Assassino
19-02-09, 20:24
I jump at almost anything...but I always instantly pause the game if I get really freaked out.

Didn't do that with this game.

Tony9595
19-02-09, 21:13
I jump at almost anything...but I always instantly pause the game if I get really freaked out.

Didn't do that with this game.

Iīm doing that almost every 5 minutes with The Last Revelation, Thatīs how a Tomb Raider game is supposed to be :mad: !

[TombRaider]
19-02-09, 22:12
Those whispers in Egypt! Christ on a pogo-stick, those are creepy! The suggestive things like that tend to scare me more than the shock moments.

Also, that particular roar of the bears is great for a fright. For example, in the first level, hanging on the rope above the pit, then dropping down and hearing that savage, fierce roar without knowing where it's coming from at all is effective, even when you know the bear will be there.

Zelda master
20-02-09, 12:49
The classic Lara outfit:yik:
And the level design of the last part of... well basicly actually the whole game...

Axeman
20-02-09, 19:19
The part in Tomb of Qualopec where you run into what seems like an ordinary room until the floor breaks. Made me jump on the first AND decond playthrough lmao.

Hahaha! I vividly remember that part the first time I played Anni. I just knew that it looked like a room where the floor would come down, and I thought "jeez, isn't this predictable". But even as it actually happened, I still jumped! :hea:

Axeman
20-02-09, 19:24
If you want a Scary Truly Experienced TR Game, go play TR1. :tmb::tmb::tmb::tmb:

I wish I could, but those PC controls are impossible for me! Maybe I'll get a gamepad and give it a go...

Assassino
20-02-09, 20:11
Iīm doing that almost every 5 minutes with The Last Revelation, Thatīs how a Tomb Raider game is supposed to be :mad: !

Hear hear & it gives you time to brace yourself on what you're going to be up against! :D

Joey91
20-02-09, 20:25
LOL! I can't say that TRA's scary. but I've had these "Enemy popping up along with the "scary music being pumped up!" moments. But hey! Can't blame me for trying to be focused and having the volume on pretty high! :D:p

So Naa for me, TR1 is so much scarier, even though I know that something's around the corner, I still get these ecxaggerating heartbeats, thanks to the ambience sounds of heartbeats! :D:D:D :p

-Chromeo-
21-02-09, 02:58
Well nothing actually SCARES ME.
But if it did I'd say Cat Mummies...especially when Lara is first introduced to them in the cutscene.

tomb searcher
22-02-09, 20:23
I think the scarerist enemy is the centures

sandygrimm
23-02-09, 19:56
those freakin flying monkeys. :vlol: hatching from eggs

Hateshinai
01-03-09, 00:40
Lara's hands on the Croft Manor Sport outfit :yik:

AmericanAssassin
01-03-09, 00:44
Nothing about TRA scared me, which is unfortunate as there were hundreds of times that I jumped while playing the original. :(

Tony9595
01-03-09, 00:56
Lara's hands in the Croft Manor Sport outfit :yik:

whatīs wrong with her hands on that outfit? I donīt see anything odd on them :confused:

Hateshinai
01-03-09, 01:06
whatīs wrong with her hands on that outfit? I donīt see anything odd on them :confused:
Go and check them out again ;)

She isn't wearing any gloves and has bruises/scratches on her hands

larafan25
01-03-09, 02:19
my most scariest jump out of my seat moment was the gorillas suprising you in midas palace;)

and the most anxious I got was when I jumped into the water in the fire room of midas palace,where the crocodile randomly comes at you:)

Hateshinai
01-03-09, 17:41
:D The croco didn't scare me, I was seing his glowing eyes from miles away :p

tomb searcher
01-03-09, 17:41
the massive mutant on ''The Final Conflict.''

Tony9595
01-03-09, 22:44
:D The croco didn't scare me, I was seing his glowing eyes from miles away :p

:yik: I never noticed that before!

I wonder why it isnīt in the other outfits, that would give more sense to why lara looks at her hands every cutscene haha

and even why she smiles at the ending

gordonfreeman
03-03-09, 15:50
Nothing can compare to the sheer terror of repeating each checkpoint 248 times, with the same sequence of jumps, grabs, runs & throws, to finally make it to the next room, attempt a jump and die - then realizing there was no checkpoint *ding*, forcing you to try and succeed the same sequence all over again.

The most terrifying, panic-inducing thing in TR: Anniversary is the very frustration it causes.

Chocola teapot
03-03-09, 15:56
^ I have to agree! :D

Marianna12
03-03-09, 18:55
Oh, I remember these mummy whispers from Egypt...
That really scared me lol!:D

JonnyT
03-03-09, 19:30
In the Egypt level when you're climbing the column pillar things in the room with that humongous statue thing. First time I played through I had my speakers turned up and when you're going up one of the pillars you hear a sudden loud crash as though someones dropped something. That frit me half to death lolz.

Dream_Raider
06-03-09, 11:41
Lara's hands on the Croft Manor Sport outfit :yik:

also her feet.... When you replay the mountain caves level in that outfit, in the wolves cutscene when she jumps down and they zoom in on her feet as she lands, she has so weird black shoe-ish kinda thing on her foot...(she's barefoot in croft manor)

chriss99
06-03-09, 16:00
Anniversary wasn't very scary. I remember the original and those cat mumies and atlantean creatures... their scream was like :yik:... and they were jumping all over the place... I won't forget that.

violentblossom
06-03-09, 16:53
Egypt and its stupid puzzles. >.<

herothing
06-03-09, 17:16
The thing that scared me the most was the first time i jumped on the hand of midas, i had no idea i was going to turn into Gold and i hadnt saved :(

alisteravenger
06-03-09, 17:19
I haven't played anniversary (yet) but when I was looking at outfits for lara, the doppleganger was a bit creepy. I mean you can see her teeth trough her cheek...wierd. I like underworld's doppleganger better.

merder
08-03-09, 19:42
for me not much maybe the annoying wall jumps that is the ones where lara needs to change direction of her jump. more like a oh no not that **** again scary :ton: .

silver_wolf
08-03-09, 19:58
nothing in TRA scared me. :(

Tony9595
08-03-09, 22:37

:yik: not even the classic outfit?

silver_wolf
08-03-09, 22:56
well, ok that did sort of. :D

AmericanAssassin
08-03-09, 23:47
Egypt and its stupid puzzles. >.<

Are you crazy? :yik: That was one of the only good things about Egypt in TRA! No offense, but I hope CD ignores everything you say about TR. :p

Nenya awakens
09-03-09, 14:33
The Voices in the Early egypt levels spooked me out!! i kept expecting something to jump out at me!! specially in the room with the panthers and the timed moving statues!

tranniversary119
09-03-09, 16:18
When I first played it, actually, the gorillas made me jump. I'm still after what 2 years dissapointed in the lame T-Rex we got, the most epic thing of TR1.

Randall
09-03-09, 17:30
the wolves were a very tiny bit scary for me, but that's only because I've had a few bad experiences with dogs in the past XD

randomrhys
09-03-09, 17:32
to be honest, nothing scared me in TRA. TR1 on the other hand...

ladykillercroft
11-03-09, 14:58
the ambience in Egypt, oooo the whispering scared the life out me :|

alisteravenger
15-03-09, 11:57
:yik: not even the classic outfit?

Yeah, I know, freaky, right?

Hipsy_Gypsy
15-03-09, 21:19
Or the T-Rex..

LMAO I full on screamed every time the gorillas came galloping at me through the corridors where Midas was :vlol:. In fact that was like yesterday or the day before even and when Lara ticked me off a lot after a while I would yell and cuss at the TV while on the headset with my friend Adam. He was laughing his head off at me! Then~ I brough my mum up to help me with puzzles if I got stuck because she's completed all or most of the original TR games and she laughed her head off at me :(.
Anyway lmao xD. I'm about to face it off against the centaurs (the reason why I'm in this section actually is to figure out how to open this damned door!) and they're probably going to terrify me :vlol:.

GenyaArikado
15-03-09, 21:36

or Winston appearing from nowhere

lara c. fan
27-08-09, 16:34
just the bear in peru,but I dont recall anything scary

That bear scared the hell out of me...
I went into the hut without noticing it and then it was there!:jmp:

TRGamer8
27-08-09, 18:42
Nothing was to mutch scary for me :D

Gherkin
27-08-09, 19:43
The raptor round the corner, after pulling one of the levers in the Tomb Of Qualopec. Nothing else

WCookie
27-08-09, 19:54
When something jumped out at me from behind a corner. That always gets me even if it's, say a puppy.
Well that and Lara's horrible facial expressions. Forget guns, she could kill someone with her embarrasingly over-exaggerated expressions alone.

:vlol:

Like many said, the only thing that really scared me was the bear, I was like OMG SHOOT HIM and didn't stop shooting until killing the T-Rex. ._.

xXhayleyroxXx
27-08-09, 20:25
the gorillas coming round the corner in midas's palce and the panthers in egypt :cln:

oh and not forgetting the cat mummies!

the ancient
28-08-09, 15:43
The 2 atlantean centauers in the sancuary of the scion(Egypt)
They attacked in a scared way

igonge
28-08-09, 16:40
The first bear and the creepy whispers in Egypt.

Likay
28-08-09, 20:06
One of the black panthers behind a movable block in egypt scared the crap out of me and a friend. It went for our throats!

xXhayleyroxXx
28-08-09, 20:19
The first bear and the creepy whispers in Egypt.

seconded!

Dream_Raider
29-08-09, 13:53
Or the T-Rex..

I HATEEEEE the friggin gorrillas!!! Ive gotten used to the t rex....i love fighting it!

EDIT: I totally forgot bout the first bear..........I'd read the walkthru n knew it was comin......so i delayed opening the door as much as possible................. (yes, im weird)

Paddy
01-09-09, 08:37
T-rex didnt scare me because you know its about to attack.
When the music kicks up quick and then an enemy attacks, it takes me by surprise lol

xXhayleyroxXx
01-09-09, 10:56
I HATEEEEE the friggin gorrillas!!! Ive gotten used to the t rex....i love fighting it!

EDIT: I totally forgot bout the first bear..........I'd read the walkthru n knew it was comin......so i delayed opening the door as much as possible................. (yes, im weird)

omg them gorillas! i hate it when they pincher attack in a dark narrow corridor, its like eeeek go away!

my dad always laughs at me when i scream haha

Paddy
01-09-09, 11:46
The gorillias individually arent a problem, its when two or 3 attack you at a time :mad:

Minty Mouth
01-09-09, 11:53
There was nothing scary, but there were a couple of unnerving moments in Egypt, with the sound effect reel playing those weird growling and shuffling noises.

xXhayleyroxXx
01-09-09, 11:59
There was nothing scary, but there were a couple of unnerving moments in Egypt, with the sound effect reel playing those weird glowling and shuffling noises.

i know that was horrible! i said earlier it reminded me of mummies awakening - and i have a phobia of mummies for it was really unnerving

Super Badnik
01-09-09, 12:19
Didn't find the game very scary. Although, the bear made me jump. :p

xXhayleyroxXx
01-09-09, 12:23
Didn't find the game very scary. Although, the bear made me jump. :p

hehe yeah! and i hated the one who ran out when you roll under that rock in the lost valley level

geesh :ton:

Paddy
01-09-09, 12:26
There was nothing scary, but there were a couple of unnerving moments in Egypt, with the sound effect reel playing those weird glowling and shuffling noises.

Lol unnervings the word I wanted.
Definitely those sound effects were unnerving, thats one thing I do like about the game though.

xXhayleyroxXx
01-09-09, 12:28
Lol unnervings the word I wanted.
Definitely those sound effects were unnerving, thats one thing I do like about the game though.

you still need to finish it hehe

i also hated that mummy that waits on top of the ladder at the end of temple of khamoon

i squeal like a piggie :o

Librarian
01-09-09, 12:56
I don't recall anything particularly scary in TRA.

...TR1 still frightens me :o

xXhayleyroxXx
01-09-09, 12:58
I don't recall anything particularly scary in TRA.

...TR1 still frightens me :o

omg the mummies in tr1 made me hide beneath the covers!

me and friend are both 17 and we dare each other to play haha

Librarian
01-09-09, 13:01
I'm 23; I win! Lol

I still have to pause it every few minutes and take a deep breath in the Atlantean and Egyptian levels. In fact, I'm getting a shiver just thinking about it.

I love that game.

xXhayleyroxXx
01-09-09, 13:19
I'm 23; I win! Lol

I still have to pause it every few minutes and take a deep breath in the Atlantean and Egyptian levels. In fact, I'm getting a shiver just thinking about it.

I love that game.

its an awesome game :ton:

scary and amazing

Tony9595
01-09-09, 14:42
I'm 23; I win! Lol

I love that game.

:hug:
Yes, I loved that feeling. Shame that CD has never reached it...

LCFan123
12-01-11, 17:17
Most scariest thing in the game was the atmosphere Theme of the egypt levels. I didn't really realize it before but some day I played it on PSP with headphones on and GOD! I really had to get the volume down because the creepy whispers in the background are really scary... But the only moment that "shocked" me was when the bridge collapsed in the first level and the wolves appear. But that was actually just because I had the sound on max. :P

Carbon
12-01-11, 17:22
Most scariest thing in the game was the atmosphere Theme of the egypt levels. I didn't really realize it before but some day I played it on PSP with headphones on and GOD! I really had to get the volume down because the creepy whispers in the background are really scary... But the only moment that "shocked" me was when the bridge collapsed in the first level and the wolves appear. But that was actually just because I had the sound on max. :P

Ehm, is 2009 recent to you? :P cause this topic is old!

almayah
15-01-11, 09:40
Noup, can't remember. I wonder why's that ? Oh yeah, there was nothing scary in anni :p
But the atmosphere was charming :p

Mikky
15-01-11, 12:12
Scary? In Anniversary? :confused:

:spm:

thailand
15-01-11, 13:37
Or the T-Rex..
[/I]
I agree
Actually the first time I saw, I screamed!!
because I didn't expect bears!!
but I think the mummies were scary too!!

trin_303
15-01-11, 16:18
nothing :/

A.JJ.G
15-01-11, 16:32
I can't remember any scary things. I suppose the Torso-Monster in Atlantis was a bit scary, but that's only because I'm quite squeamish, and I was only 11 when I got this game. :o Other than that, it was all quite tame, IMO.

BlueJ97
15-01-11, 17:05
That Bear under the vines in Caves

Me: Oh i'm sure the bear isn't down here..
*moments later*

OMG BEAR RUUUN *bangbangbang*

but it wasn't that scary just startling :p

lance6439
15-01-11, 17:42
TR has not scared me since AOD ...

larafan25
15-01-11, 19:02
The mummies freak me out.

TheRCroft
15-01-11, 19:08
The mummies freak me out.

Yes, indeed! And they make strange noises D:

Apart from that, the things that scared me the most were the wolves that appear in the corner after we open the gate of Vilcabamba (the corner is just on the PSP version AFAIK) and the floor that brokes in the Tomb of Qualopec level :p

Tiigerliily
16-01-11, 14:31
I was only scared in the Egypt levels, you know, scary whispers, mummies, centaurs... But I loved the whole atmosphere and level design, and most of the puzzles were great!

I just don't understand why so many people were scared of the T-rex, it isn't even unexpected, there's a cutscene! :O

Shark_Blade
21-01-11, 14:55
None.

Well, only the classic outfit, especially when it went into the water and got wet.
Creepy...:p I think CD intentionally did it to get back at core

JACOBryanBURNS
21-01-11, 15:29
The scariest thing about the game?

Probably the packaging. :rolleyes:

TR-Freak
21-01-11, 16:13
There was no Fear Effect imo.
The Mummies were much scarier in the orignal
(especially in Obelisk of Khamoon!)

cezy rockeru
21-01-11, 16:55
The mummies indeed C_C
And the gorillas/bears in very tiny places -_-

moodydog
21-01-11, 18:59
TRA wasn't even remotely scary... (well, for me)

Summers
05-02-11, 03:33
nothingtoseehere

Shark_Blade
05-02-11, 06:11
How they chopped large portions of TR1 and many boss fights turns into lazy-ass cutscenes.

tr fan 4 ever
05-02-11, 06:49
The bear in The Lost Valley was scary but it wasn't "very"

Drone
05-02-11, 06:53
Nothing. You won't see blood, just lame ragdoll effects and blackouts. Lost some health? No problem, just kill yourself and checkpoints will save and heal you. Afraid of meaty walls and levers made of spinal bones? Don't worry ain't gonna see them. Worrying that you will miss the grab? Don't worry omnipotent white ledges and omniscient autograb will save you. Afraid to be unarmed when you face cowboy? No worries guys already made your life easier you won't see cowboy. Bothered that game will take days, weeks, (God forbid) months to complete? Ain't gonna happen either. Ok in a nutshell game is full of scariest moments ever ... not.

Laras Boyfr.
05-02-11, 08:02
There was no Fear Effect imo.
The Mummies were much scarier in the orignal
(especially in Obelisk of Khamoon!)

Agreed ^
They were bloody in TR1,in TRA they looked like wrapped in toilette paper :vlol:

When I saw the torso boss I laughed heavily out. He looked like a teddybear for me compared to the TR1 one

Tirah
05-02-11, 09:48
There's nothing even remotely creepy in TRA, and in next gen TRs in general. I hope for the upcoming one to change that.

As the graphics get better and better, the games become less and less atmospheric. The first TR games were really primitive compared with the current ones, and you had to use your imagination a lot. And damn, were they scary.

Now they serve everything on a silver platter for you, no thinking or imagination required. And all the creepiness is gone alright.

Zelda master
05-02-11, 12:40
The scariest thing is pulling of a walljump:D

!Lara Croft!
05-02-11, 13:31
Natla's nails...

Laras Boyfr.
05-02-11, 13:42
Natla's nails...

1:0 for you xD

!Lara Croft!
05-02-11, 13:47
Yay

Billy959
05-02-11, 21:40
Natla's nails...

hahahhsuahssbdascjbasdiau!11
I LOLed

that woman was scary as hell,with that long neck and that bird nose!
I think when she felt into that lava thingy pool,it made her look better:ton:

stunningraider
06-02-11, 21:10
the gorilla's in midas' palace...scare me EVERY time when you turn a corner and see them running at you XD

larafan25
06-02-11, 22:15
the gorilla's in midas' palace...scare me EVERY time when you turn a corner and see them running at you XD

HOW COULD I HAVE FORGOTTEN THEM!!!11!

They freak me out and also that one crocodile in the fire room!

Everyone in this thread who said some witty poo ass remark was soo scared of the Gorillas, I know it.:pi:

Tony9595
14-02-11, 05:44
^ I must admit they scared me the first time they appeared in the corridor leading to a balcony with a lever in Midas' Palace :p

And... ahem.
http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu358/tony9595/tra2009-08-2713-19-13-77.png

Liszt
14-02-11, 07:29
The gorillas and T-Rex was scary. And those Atlantean monsters in the Pyramid - hate them!

thailand
14-02-11, 11:58
The gorillas and T-Rex was scary. And those Atlantean monsters in the Pyramid - hate them!

I agree with you!!

TippingWater
14-02-11, 14:49
Scary things in Anniversary :vlol: , where ? :ton: . I am not saying that this game is not great , but in no way it is scary .

Mikky
14-02-11, 15:11
Anniversary, scary? I don't think so. GoL is scarier for God's sake.

Afonya
14-02-11, 15:21
Hmmm..... yeah, TRA isn't really scary. Only the bear in Lost Valley and gorillas in Midas's Palace are little unnerving but not scary.... I was really disappointed in T-Rex and Torso.

skylark1121
14-02-11, 15:28
probably the gorillas in midas palace
if i had to choose

Avalon SARL
16-02-11, 12:56
Well nothing was scary, but I liked the atmosphere in the Egypt Levels :)
It really made me agitated

lance6439
16-02-11, 18:20
none,.

mepsipax
16-02-11, 18:57
As much as I loved it, none of it was scary... Great atmosphere though, very tense and realistic, felt like actual tombs rather than just a videogame
. :)

!Lara Croft!
16-02-11, 23:26
^ I must admit they scared me the first time they appeared in the corridor leading to a balcony with a lever in Midas' Palace :p

And... ahem.
http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu358/tony9595/tra2009-08-2713-19-13-77.png

Funny thing is, that model looks nothing like TR1 lara. They have the TR1 lara meshes on the internet and in Eidos's files. They cant have used the actual TR1 model?

Shark_Blade
21-02-11, 05:03
^I personally thought CD had a vendetta against Core, hence making her look **** ugly and scary. They just didn't care about the old games.

Plus the Aod outfit was named - Camouflage. Can't they name it Aod outfit or something? And that Sola outfit too. It's like they're trying their best to ignore the classics but they have to insert those additions due to TR "Anniversary" which they have no role at all in the past. What's to celebrate, right?

More evidence is how they butchered TR1 levels and how the villains were changed beyond recognition. Some boss fights were cut down and thrown in the garbage as well, like Larson, Pierre, Skater kid, cowboy's boss fights. Those are memorable in TR1 but was cut short in TRA. And the levels...well, they're chopped down and spit like **** with no love. E.g. Atlantis was pure crap and short compared to TR1.

They absolutely have no respect for the franchise. Glad most of them got fired now.

Tony9595
21-02-11, 05:15
^ Yet people still calls it a "remake". :vlol:

And yes, I totally see it as a mockery to the original Lara model.

Shark_Blade
21-02-11, 05:34
Yeah, glad someone else see it too.

Summers
21-02-11, 15:50
nothingtoseehere

Vickkyyy
22-02-11, 00:53
There was a point where I was coming out of a hallway or something, and I turned a corner and all of a sudden (with the volume turned way up) I hear these ape roars or whatever, and these black blobs with yellow eyes (my television's brightness is all wrong) are running at me.
I jumped about a foot, and might've squealed a tad... ;)

larafan25
22-02-11, 01:48
^I personally thought CD had a vendetta against Core, hence making her look **** ugly and scary. They just didn't care about the old games.

Plus the Aod outfit was named - Camouflage. Can't they name it Aod outfit or something? And that Sola outfit too. It's like they're trying their best to ignore the classics but they have to insert those additions due to TR "Anniversary" which they have no role at all in the past. What's to celebrate, right?

More evidence is how they butchered TR1 levels and how the villains were changed beyond recognition. Some boss fights were cut down and thrown in the garbage as well, like Larson, Pierre, Skater kid, cowboy's boss fights. Those are memorable in TR1 but was cut short in TRA. And the levels...well, they're chopped down and spit like **** with no love. E.g. Atlantis was pure crap and short compared to TR1.

They absolutely have no respect for the franchise. Glad most of them got fired now.

^ Yet people still calls it a "remake". :vlol:

And yes, I totally see it as a mockery to the original Lara model.

Yeah, glad someone else see it too.

Toby Designs Lara, or has a part in it? So surely he wouldn't want to make a mocker of his own creation.

Also, that evidence, well, it's just the way CD made the game I guess.

OR THERE IZ SOME OH EM GEEZE HATERZ IN CRYSTEL DYNAMIKZ HATIN ON COREZ DESIGNZ BECUZ DE JELLUS!!11!

Or we're overreacting and letting a video game wreck our emotions.

Shark_Blade
22-02-11, 04:46
Seems to me you're overreating because your beloved CD is under 'attack', based on your overreating post.

What do you know about him not making a mockery? He did stated that he didn't like how they 'sexualize' Lara during the Core era.

It's truly not just how 'the way they made the game',it's how they treated it and the evidence is all as what I have stated.

You can believe otherwise, as a dedicated CD lover yourself, it's all up to your opinion.

E.g that classic model - they can easily made a fmv looking Lara Croft model, but no, they created her ugly and far dreadful than what it looked like in tr1. Things doesn't happen without reason.

Again, I'm glad they were fired.

jajay119
22-02-11, 09:34
The only thing that was scary about TRA was how woefully underdone some parts of the game were.

MasterRaven
22-02-11, 11:41
I was wondering if I should of played TR1 before playing TRA -.-
But I said to myself, I'll only spoil myself. So I put TR1 away and popped in TRA.

Now there were many things that scared the hell out of me which made my face go from this :) to o_O to D:

In the first level I was walking and enjoying the game so far. Then I hear these wolfs cries and I ignore them then all of a sudden some random wolf leaps out of nowhere D:

There was also one where there were swords dangling from the ceiling I went in and none of them got me :) Thought it was some glitch or something. So once I got that key. I went out and I was running and all these swords were dropping everywhere D: I freaked out and jumped on the spike device and died.

larafan25
22-02-11, 14:41
Seems to me you're overreating because your beloved CD is under 'attack', based on your overreating post.

What do you know about him not making a mockery? He did stated that he didn't like how they 'sexualize' Lara during the Core era.

It's truly not just how 'the way they made the game',it's how they treated it and the evidence is all as what I have stated.

You can believe otherwise, as a dedicated CD lover yourself, it's all up to your opinion.

E.g that classic model - they can easily made a fmv looking Lara Croft model, but no, they created her ugly and far dreadful than what it looked like in tr1. Things doesn't happen without reason.

Again, I'm glad they were fired.

I'm just not surprised that you think all of that evidence is Crystal in spit of Core. Did you know that secret powerful gang from AOD was real, out to destroy the world!

*WOWOWHOOOWOW!*

O.O

Miharu
22-02-11, 15:10
The only moment in the game that made me jump was when you had to get the two ankhs in that Egyptian level. In each room there were an ankh and behind each room was an atlantean monster...

Ugh. It made me jump. :o

I bet the bear behind the rock in Peru would've being a great scare but unfortunately as I was running towards that area, I could hear the growls coming from around the rocks so I didn't get a fright.

Jove
23-02-11, 19:40
Scariest part of the game? Swimming through an underwater passage. I hate the thought of drowning. Being trapped underwater to slowly suffocate is worse yet.

So every underwater trip I'm hammering the speed-up button while taking the shortest possible path. Taking a wrong turn underwater is grounds for panic. It doesn't help that I tend to hold my breath in stressful situations (bated breath). So the feeling of suffocation is physical as well as mental.

That first underwater passage in Vilcabamba is cruel. Even if everything goes perfectly there's little room for error. Watching Lara's breathe continue to decrease as during the hatch opening cutscene is doubly cruel.

Rapidly surfacing towards that sweet, sweet air when running out is a great feeling. The best cheat to have is infinite air.

Shark_Blade
23-02-11, 23:13
I'm just not surprised that you think all of that evidence is Crystal in spit of Core. Did you know that secret powerful gang from AOD was real, out to destroy the world!

*WOWOWHOOOWOW!*

O.OYou've lost me there. Have you taken your pills tonight?

anniversarytr11
24-02-11, 11:39
T-Rex? Scary? Really? CD ruined T-Rex for me, they absalutely mutilated one of the most legendary boss battles in history.

But the gorillas kinda make you jump and stuff, but other than the game has no scare factor for me :o

anniversarytr11
24-02-11, 11:39
Woops sorry, did not mean to double post, my internet connection is gong wierd :S

Zolee
24-02-11, 15:23
There wasnt really scary anything.
I remember they said that the enemies will be bigger, stronger and scarrier in Anniversary than ever. HAHH!!:p

trfanX34
24-02-11, 18:10
Lara's deformed legs.

tomee
25-02-11, 16:09
Em. The brige breaking down in caves. I didn't expected it after TR1.
The breaking floor in tomb of qualopec. nothing else.

HappyShannon
25-02-11, 16:20
When I first played it a few years ago and the bridge broke in one of the first few levels so you were in a pit with the wolves I was panicking a lot... I didn't want to die. :p

JasonAW
28-03-11, 17:23
Probably the whole atmosphere of the Egypt levels. Plus just looking at Centaurs (before you fight them) is quite chilling... that had a great feel. I also love the score for that bit.

klona
01-04-11, 21:53
Nothing was really scary, because the enemy music starts and you know there is an enemy nearby. :pi:

larafan25
01-04-11, 22:18
The dinos in the Tomb of Quolopek.

mepsipax
01-04-11, 23:27
Nothing made me jump, like scary as in 'BOOOO!', but the atmosphere was very, very eerie and spine tingling, especially Egypt and Greece. :)

skylark1121
02-04-11, 04:27
If anything the gorillas in Midas palace...

TippingWater
02-04-11, 04:35
Nothing was really scary, because the enemy music starts and you know there is an enemy nearby. :pi:

I agree , the music kills the mood .

LNSNHGTDS
02-04-11, 06:07
The wolves at the entrance of Vilcabamba, the gorillas out of the Fire room in Mida's palace, the mummies all over Egypt and the centaur in the lost island.

BlueJ97
02-04-11, 08:09
I agree with Klona :)

Rai
02-04-11, 16:28
The Whisperings in Egypt had me spooked.

Edit: I've just realised I've already said this *facepalm myselff*. :p

kimonap
02-04-11, 16:53
lara

Tiddlyfish13
02-04-11, 23:19

I agree , the music kills the mood .

I agree with Klona :)

Well, the music would get me scared sometimes, because I was like," Oh crap, somethings coming D:"

ozzman
03-04-11, 05:38
the panthers in egypt popping out of no where and i hate them cat mummies, they make me jump sometimes. TR1 was very scary however, TRA is not as scary.

TRJTA
03-04-11, 08:11

Yeah it's a real pity that the REAL darkness and flashlight weren't in the other versions. It would've made the game soo much better and scarier. That way you really want to walk through the hallway instead of running, no?

Damn I wish Anniversary had that :(

NRO.
03-04-11, 08:13
The terribly scary gameplay and animations.

Survival
03-04-11, 08:15
The commentary. They **** all over the original and then rape itīs remains. Itīs painful to listen to.

Evangelina
03-04-11, 09:24
the gorillas out of the Fire room in Mida's palace, the mummies all over Egypt and the centaur in the lost island.
This.

Also the Doppelganger.

Tiigerliily
03-04-11, 11:19
This.

Also the Doppelganger.

Why the Doppelganger? Personally I don't think she looks that scary, and she doesn't jump from a dark corridor unexpected. :)

LNSNHGTDS
03-04-11, 11:35
Well, the music would get me scared sometimes, because I was like," Oh crap, somethings coming D:"

Me too, it's usually the sounds or the music that scare me in games or movies rather than how enemies or monsters look. And the "popping out of the dark" thing D: !!!

As for someone who said about the music, it didn't start before a fight, usually it started after you saw the enemy or sometimes even after you kill it. What they said happened too much in Underworld. For exampe, in Thailand there's a tiger at the entrance of the temple and the music starts before you even climb your way there T_T ...

Avalon SARL
04-04-11, 14:49
The ambiance of the Egyptian levels was a little scary, but nothing much.

Tiddlyfish13
04-04-11, 19:49
Me too, it's usually the sounds or the music that scare me in games or movies rather than how enemies or monsters look. And the "popping out of the dark" thing D: !!!

As for someone who said about the music, it didn't start before a fight, usually it started after you saw the enemy or sometimes even after you kill it. What they said happened too much in Underworld. For exampe, in Thailand there's a tiger at the entrance of the temple and the music starts before you even climb your way there T_T ...

Yeah, like when you (the player) actually see something, it already looks scary, and THEN the music plays, scaring you (the player) more.

Chocola teapot
04-04-11, 20:30
I thought the doppelganger was quite scary due to my paralyzing yet irrational fear of 'living skeletons'

I look back and laugh now, though.

The evil skeletons in TR4.... are another story.

nick styger
05-04-11, 08:29
The bears. I hate the bears. Never have any fun fighting them. It's just shoot and sh** myself mostly

larafan25
05-04-11, 14:12
The commentary. They **** all over the original and then rape itīs remains. Itīs painful to listen to.

The scariest part of that is everything they say is TRUE! D::eek:

LNSNHGTDS
05-04-11, 14:34
The ambiance of the Egyptian levels was a little scary, but nothing much.

Tell me about it! I kept turning on the radio so that I listened to something else instead of that :p . I was about 9 at that time and it was some months after I had seen the exorcist :p !!!

Yeah, like when you (the player) actually see something, it already looks scary, and THEN the music plays, scaring you (the player) more.

I jumped every time this happened, one time I even screamed xD .

TR47
06-04-11, 03:17
The panthas in egypt scared the crap out of me when they came out of no where! But other than that, the game was pretty scare-free. The original on the other hand, still scares the crap out of me sometimes hahaha

Evangelina
06-04-11, 10:03
Why the Doppelganger? Personally I don't think she looks that scary, and she doesn't jump from a dark corridor unexpected. :)

I don't think it looks scary either, I have no idea why but it just creeps me out :p

Tiigerliily
08-04-11, 16:58
I don't think it looks scary either, I have no idea why but it just creeps me out :p

Maybe it's the fact she mimics everything you do... The first time I saw her I was like: ''Hey an enemy I should shoot it'' and then she threw fire at me. :P

tomee
08-04-11, 17:31
TRA was my first TR so the doppelganger did scared me a bit. I never expected that she'll throw fire at me and she disgusted me a bit. :o

Cristina
08-04-11, 21:33
The only thing i can think for now is the the panthers in egypt and the crushing walls thing lol

MrCroftAndre
22-04-11, 23:36
Crocodiles. Yeah. :pi:

AssassinVenice
22-04-11, 23:42
Crocodiles. Yeah. :pi:

Crocos?
Are you serious?
When i played TRA for the first time when i was 9, every single enemy scared the **** outta me.
They could appear from the corner you know...:D

MrCroftAndre
22-04-11, 23:46
Crocos?
Are you serious?
When i played TRA for the first time when i was 9, every single enemy scared the **** outta me.
They could appear from the corner you know...:D

When I first played TR1 I didn't get scared at all, I was like 6.
I just have this phobia that kinda grew on me the last few years of anything related to water, like sharks, crocodiles and some others. :/

Zebra
22-04-11, 23:59
Those g-g-grey...c-c-c-corridors. That...ne-never-ending abyss of b-b-boredom I f-fell into every time I sta-sta-sta-started...the game. *shudder*

SorasDestiny
23-04-11, 07:47
I'll jump occasionally if an enemy hits Lara whilst she dodges and you don't expect it too but aside from that, I don't particularly find Anniversary scary.
The original certainly creeps me out though. After numerous playthroughs in the many years of having the game, going up against the T-Rex still makes me nervous.

:D

Amiyo
23-04-11, 08:12
Things I found scary:
- The cat mummies in Egypt
- Atlantean creatures (not the doppelganger)
- some traps in Egypt

Laras Backpack
23-04-11, 12:53
Nothing in the game scared me to be honest. I think this is partly because I know the first game so well, so I knew most of what was to come and because TRA tended to telegraph a lot of the surprises through ICs or musical cues.

SorasDestiny
23-04-11, 13:00
Nothing in the game scared me to be honest. I think this is partly because I know the first game so well, so I knew most of what was to come and because TRA tended to telegraph a lot of the surprises through ICs or musical cues.

The beauty of the original TR was that whilst encounter music did play here and there, you would mostly just hear the enemies which was far more tense as you could hear them but had no idea where they were. There is always a part in Colloseum where a Lion randomly jumps out at you. No music. Always jumps me up.

:D

samanthajane
23-04-11, 16:27
The rats! Hahaha just kidding. :ton:

Nothing really, the only bits that were scary was when you'd be walking all silently somewhere then BAM! Loud music and things jumping everywhere.

Fyler
24-04-11, 00:29
There's that pit in the Lost Valley, where you have to slide on ramps and jump onto ledges. When you fall, that "body-breaking" sound scares me. That was the only thing. Tomb Raider Legend scared me more with the whole "Fluffy" thing in Paraiso. O___O When that arm grabbed Kent, my blood went cold and I was like OHMYGAWD and of course didn't figure out I was supposed to jump over the rocks, and I got killed by it.

:p

Cali
28-04-11, 15:20
Nothing was really scary for me .But I did quite a lot of frights. The T-Rex was really horrible for me to play haha, and also, when getting one of the keys in St Francis Folly, in the swords room? When they fell down from the ceiling and killed her, geeeshh sent me flying :( Didnt like the cat mummies or centaurs when they all ganged up on you either..

legalassassin
02-05-11, 22:10
The music and sound effects.
I thought it was very well done, just not at frightening as the original.

Plus, I play the Wii version (definitly my favourite version, the added puzzles were a nice extra), and the fact that I actually had to aim properly and shake to reload made it more real for me...

Its_the_T_Rex
03-05-11, 07:07
The scariest thing thus far for me has been the appearance of the first Atlantean in Khamoon, although the entire soundtrack has really given me the chills.

Ora Dagger
25-05-11, 00:00
Like in every Tomb Raider game, the creepy noises. Always love the creepy noises

.Darii.
25-05-11, 07:24
I think I freaked out when the huge swords(in St. Francis Folly level I think) fell out of the ceiling. Especially that gigantic one when you pick up that key/object from the pedestal. xD Also the sounds scared me a bit, but not as much as the original TR1-6 sounds. Those were actually more than creepy xD

peeves
26-05-11, 23:25
The bears in Peru scare me along with the T-REX and the Gorillas in Greece also scare me as well.

Gugz
06-06-11, 22:19
Gorillas in Greece on the Wii version, that was truly scary.
Another "unusual" scary part is when you're in the corridor heading to meet the T-Rex. It's not scary, but it's the first time in the game that there's actually a light in the end of the tunnel. I wouldn't say it's scary, but it sure is unexpected.
I don't know if it's just me, but I HATE when everything is too quiet. There's almost no music in this game and you can just hear Lara moaning. That's all. It makes me kinda uncomfortable.

What really scares me is how people hate this game :confused:

ryan91
07-06-11, 09:18
unlockable nostalgic lara model.

Shirley_Manson
07-06-11, 14:07
Mostly boss fights. T-rex was so huge and monstrous, Centaurs were damn intimidating. Torso dude was so gross. And that unlockable "Classic" Lara model was scary too. It didn't look like Lara. More like some transvestite after 10 plastic surgeries.

Merx10
21-06-11, 01:13
Natla's nose was the scariest thing. First time when i saw that, i closed my eyes so i didn't have to watch her ugly nose.

Natla's nose reminded me someting important though.

Gracious Days
21-06-11, 01:58
That huge vertical space you must climb in The Great Pyramid. Those flying mutants always knock me off the platforms. :hea:

The eerie whispers in Egypt.

mepsipax
21-06-11, 19:53
Seriously?
Go turn on your washing machine, and watch it spin.
Thats about as scary as it gets...
I love it but its NOT scary, by any stretch. :o

VikingWasDead
22-06-11, 09:43
Nothing really scared me, since everything was shown via cameras and music cues....:o

Actually, there was 1 bit in Lost Valley, when the 1st bear charges at you from behind a rock.. LOL

Agreed, when I played first time, this bear thrilled me... and the rest of the game have nothing really scary...

scarab
23-06-11, 01:58
I always pay a little bit more attention to music/sounds so I've found the Peru ambients preety creepy. You really could get disturbing feeling of isolation.

To me, this is what gave TR it's edge and creepy factor. The isolation. Being alone in a long forgotten tomb or a dark jungle. *shivers* Love it!

Also why I'm not a big fan of the blue tooth in later games.

SoulReaver74
24-06-11, 10:26
Using the grapple line is the scariest thing in Anniversary by a country mile, sheer pants in it's execution, totally ruined parts of this very fine game.

marceepaniq
24-06-11, 11:32
When a f***ing mutant would come out of nowhere.:mad:

I had to pause my game, take a deep breath, than finish them off. :p

Sue Croft
25-06-11, 09:59
The way natla kills lara in the last level ! When her wing get through lara's body, oh my god ! This is cruel !

Lyle Croft
25-06-11, 15:10
everything in all tr games scare me i haven't played all but from expierience all scares me no matter what

Vanni
25-06-11, 16:00
The controls.

Vlekkie
25-06-11, 21:27
The mutants...

and the scary music (the whispers) in the Egypt levels