PDA

View Full Version : **** nerves

deamonguardian
05-02-09, 14:46
okay theres this girl that i like at my school she amazing. shes beautiful, funny and has an amazing personality. i recently "came out of the closet" and i want to ask her out but i don't have the balls to (figurativly speaking) she knows i like her and i heard a rumer that shed go out with me if i wasn't so stiff. but i just get so nervus around her. anyone know anyways to help me calm down and deal with my nerves
i really want to ask her to dance at the valentine day dance

Night Crawler
05-02-09, 14:51
Dutch courage?

http://www.arenaflowers.com/product_image/large/1253-smirnoff_premium_vodka.jpg

Nerd For Life
05-02-09, 14:51
Just think you have nothing to lose. If you came out of the closet, there's nothing you have to hide, even if stuff go wrong. :)

rowanlim
05-02-09, 14:52
Be yourself. If you try to put on a farce, that's not gonna help her appreciate you more. Try to be natural around her, perhaps a group outing would be more appropriate as a first date? Or double-dating?

deamonguardian
05-02-09, 14:54
Be yourself. If you try to put on a farce, that's not gonna help her appreciate you more. Try to be natural around her, perhaps a group outing would be more appropriate as a first date? Or double-dating?

yaeh only one problem her friends don't like my friends

digitizedboy
05-02-09, 14:56
Dutch courage?

nah, alcohol never works in my opinion.

As what's already said above, just be natural as if you are talking to somebody you've known for a long time. Always try to find something to talk about too so there's never any uncomfortable silences. Group outings are always a good idea too.

Priscilla
05-02-09, 14:56
Dutch courage?

Smirnoff is Russian, not Dutch, so it must be Russian courage she needs :p

deamonguardian
05-02-09, 14:57
Smirnoff is Russian, not Dutch, so it must be Russian courage she needs :p
im to young to drink anyway:D

Nefertiti_89
05-02-09, 14:59
Just go for it! Doll yourself up, make sure you look and feel absolutely fabulous and just go for it! What have you got to lose?

And who cares if her friends dont like your friends, I have 4 best friends and I cant even have them in the same room together or they will kill eachother, but they all still love me!

Good luck sugar, go get your girl! :)

deamonguardian
05-02-09, 15:00
Just go for it! Doll yourself up, make sure you look and feel absolutely fabulous and just go for it! What have you got to lose?

And who cares if her friends dont like your friends, I have 4 best friends and I cant even have them in the same room together or they will kill eachother, but they all still love me!

Good luck sugar, go get your girl! :)
aww thanx

rowanlim
05-02-09, 15:09
Well do you share a common interest with her? Maybe try to engage with her on that interest, it's easier to start on familiar ground :)

deamonguardian
05-02-09, 15:10
Well do you share a common interest with her? Maybe try to engage with her on that interest, it's easier to start on familiar ground :)
her and i both listen to the same kind of music that and we like hugging people XD

aileenwuornos
05-02-09, 15:11
Tried and true technique:
Talk to her!
Even if its something generic and lame like
"Hey babeh how YOU doin?"
haha.

deamonguardian
05-02-09, 15:13
Tried and true technique:
Talk to her!
Even if its something generic and lame like
"Hey babeh how YOU doin?"
haha.
not exactly my style but oh well i should try saying that just to see if shed react

Nerd For Life
05-02-09, 15:13
her and i both listen to the same kind of music that and we like hugging people XD

See, that's a good start!

I'm sure you'll do fine if you try talking to her.

Just be yourself!

deamonguardian
05-02-09, 15:14
See, that's a good start!

I'm sure you'll do fine if you try talking to her.

Just be yourself!
yeah im just afriad im going to end up embarissing my self

Shark_Blade
05-02-09, 15:18
yaeh only one problem her friends don't like my friendsPftt. This is not about your friends or her friends. This is about you and her. Go for it. :D

rowanlim
05-02-09, 15:25

That's great. Discuss music with her, get her to open up, find her opinions on other matters.

The better you know your target, the better you can aim :mis:

TR93
05-02-09, 15:26
I'd say just be yourself and go for it!:)..
If you dont try, you may never know...;)
Dont be afraid whether she says yes or no, because at least if you asked her, and you've tried,:hug:

Bumio
05-02-09, 15:42
first time asking is always the scariest. just be urself and do it :)

Jo269976
05-02-09, 15:46
If you find it hard to go up to them right away, add her to AIM/MSN etc. if she has it then get talking. You'll not only be making a new friend but it's a great foundation to start off a relationship :)

Good luck :hug:

deamonguardian
05-02-09, 15:46
aww thanx everyone ill try i had her msn but she changed it so ive been trying to get her new one from my friend

rowanlim
05-02-09, 15:58
^Persistence will be your friend. Don't give up ;) :tmb:

Lew
05-02-09, 16:05
Dutch courage?

isn't smirnoff russain ? and yeah id seriously advise getting abit fresh lol, but doing it at school is not the way to go, if u just both get a little drunk then things might start that way ?

Punaxe
05-02-09, 16:36
Dutch courage (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_courage) is an expression, you guys :p

Lew
05-02-09, 16:40
oh i see, it was confusing when he wrote dutch under a Russian vodka lol

ShadyCroft
05-02-09, 16:41
Hello, :wve:
Well, you've come out of the close, haven't you ? That's a hard part for most and a lot of people can't do it at the mo, but you did it and that's a proof that you do have balls (figuratively speaking ;)). Go for it ! You can do it !

Edit: Oh, so that's what it means. But I don't think drinking would work here, unless you wanna wake up and find yourself you ended up in someone's bed. :p

violentblossom
05-02-09, 17:08
try to be casual about it, and don't pressure her in any way.

i have blown a few potential relationships by being eiether clingy or too present, so try to avoid being eiether of those things.

by not being seen too much, you allow yourself to be missed and have some sort of mystery around you.

let her call you, and when she does, be friendly but not overly so. a few thoughtful and kind gestures might help you to seal the deal.

ask her friends what she likes.

:) i hope this has helped some.

deamonguardian
05-02-09, 17:10
try to be casual about it, and don't pressure her in any way.

i have blown a few potential relationships by being eiether clingy or too present, so try to avoide being eiether of those things.

by not being seen to much, you allow yourself to be missed and have some sort of mystery around you.

let her call you, and when she does, be friendly but not overly so. a few thoughtful and kind gestures might help you to seal the deal.

ask her friends what she likes.

:) i hope this has helped some.

yeha thanx i tend to be a little to present im goin to have to work on that

Atlantisfreak666
05-02-09, 17:20
Go for it!
:tmb:

Lee croft
05-02-09, 17:24
talk to her you never know she might like you

deamonguardian
05-02-09, 17:26
talk to her you never know she might like you
i think she does as i said before there was a rumor going around that she said shed go out with me if i wasn't so stiff. the truth is im just afraid ill embarass myslef in front of her or screw up. then she thought i didn't like to hug her but its just that my friends said im a bad huger but im over that now

Larapink
05-02-09, 17:35
Dutch courage?

Never a good idea, it's just best to be yourself.

spikejones
05-02-09, 18:48
im to young to drink anyway:D
no... you have it all wrong!! It's not for YOU.. its for HER!! :vlol:

but seriously... I take it from your post that you are female and the object of your affection is a female correct? Then you pretty much have the upper hand IMO. Being a female then you pretty much know how women want to be treated, what is the best way to go about "getting the girl". At least I would assume so. Us guys are largely clueless to what makes the female brain tick. But if you figure it out... lemme know.
i think she does as i said before there was a rumor going around that she said shed go out with me if i wasn't so stiff. the truth is im just afraid ill embarass myslef in front of her or screw up. then she thought i didn't like to hug her but its just that my friends said im a bad huger but im over that now

how can you be a "bad hugger"? I've heard of a bad kisser, but there is nothing much to a hug. You just wrap your arms around the person. You're not hitting the people are you?

Trigger_happy
05-02-09, 18:53

That would be difficult to explain the next day! :D

Anyway, start small. Talk to her and find things out. See what she likes. Then ask her out- do it anyway you want: you don't have to have a meal, a perfect day out etc., just how you feel is best, even if that's just blurting it out when your alone.

deamonguardian
05-02-09, 18:54

but seriously... I take it from your post that you are female and the object of your affection is a female correct? Then you pretty much have the upper hand IMO. Being a female then you pretty much know how women want to be treated, what is the best way to go about "getting the girl". At least I would assume so. Us guys are largely clueless to what makes the female brain tick. But if you figure it out... lemme know.

how can you be a "bad hugger"? I've heard of a bad kisser, but there is nothing much to a hug. You just wrap your arms around the person. You're not hitting the people are you?

lol my friends calls me a bad huger because everytime i try to hug him i end up hurting him (last time i ramed him into my shoulder) and um actually im about as cluless as a guy im not really that girly so i have no idea what she wants

CerebralAssassin
05-02-09, 19:02
lol my friends calls me a bad huger because everytime i try to hug him i end up hurting him (last time i ramed him into my shoulder) and um actually im about as cluless as a guy im not really that girly so i have no idea what she wants

well,if she's into you as you say she is,chances are she ain't that girly either...does that make sense?

Neteru
05-02-09, 19:03

:vlol: I know I shouldn't laugh really. But that was too funny not to.

spikejones
05-02-09, 19:08
:vlol: I know I shouldn't laugh really. But that was too funny not to.
I aim to bring joy into the lives of those around me ;)
well, in that case I can suggest that you are probably a little over excited about the whole hugging affair. btw... did you hit his head with your shoulder as you threw your arms around him? I've done that to my mom before - but she was very grateful for the hug nonetheless. try putting your arms under theirs.

deamonguardian
05-02-09, 19:10
I aim to bring joy into the lives of those around me ;)

well, in that case I can suggest that you are probably a little over excited about the whole hugging affair. btw... did you hit his head with your shoulder as you threw your arms around him? I've done that to my mom before - but she was very grateful for the hug nonetheless. try putting your arms under theirs.

i put my arm around his back and pulled him in but with a little to much force .so hid neck hit my pointy shoulder:D hes like a bro so i just laughed when he glared at me

Biddy
05-02-09, 19:49
Nerves are biting at me too, dear. Just go for it. Even if it feels like it will go all wrong. Let your inner you toss you around like a puppet. The Inner You is always correct.

Chocola teapot
05-02-09, 20:22
Just be yourself and good luck,:hug: If she likes you like they say it will be no problem go for it and be persistent if neccecary. :tmb:

trXD
05-02-09, 20:22
You dont have to be so bold straight away or anything. Just talk to her, mindless chit-chat and having fun like she was a close friend. Then eventually casually ask her to dance.

deamonguardian
05-02-09, 22:37
You dont have to be so bold straight away or anything. Just talk to her, mindless chit-chat and having fun like she was a close friend. Then eventually casually ask her to dance.

thanx ill try that

Lee croft
05-02-09, 22:52

bad huger.... thats a new one! how can some one be bad at hugging?

deamonguardian
05-02-09, 22:57
bad huger.... thats a new one! how can some one be bad at hugging? i am a little to strong. long story short i slammed my friedns neck into my pointy shoulder

God Horus
05-02-09, 23:00
Well, just think. If you don't give it a shot, you'll always wonder "what if". Maybe she likes you a lot too and wants you to make a first move? Just go to her, act super nice and friendly, and be yourself!!

Lee croft
05-02-09, 23:00
i am a little to strong. long story short i slammed my friedns neck into my pointy shoulder

ohh ouch

deamonguardian
05-02-09, 23:01
Well, just think. If you don't give it a shot, you'll always wonder "what if". Maybe she likes you a lot too and wants you to make a first move? Just go to her, act super nice and friendly, and be yourself!! she asked me out once but that was when i was still lying to myself about my sexuality. even now i wonder what would have happened if i had said yes

Nerd For Life
05-02-09, 23:26
she asked me out once but that was when i was still lying to myself about my sexuality. even now i wonder what would have happened if i had said yes

well one more reason for you to try now; like I said you got nothing to lose. :)