PDA

View Full Version : Need help with explosives

God Horus
07-02-09, 01:41
Hey everyone,

I have a plan for my level and I don't know where I should get started for doing this. Lara needs to blow a whole in the ground to enter a different area. I have built an area where Lara finds a tent with a whole bunch of mercenaries and stuff and she also finds a big detonator on the ground. When you hit the switch on the detonator there is an explosion and the floor gets blown away and you can enter the next area. Sort of like TR3.

But my question is, how can I do this? Like, I know that I can rip the detonator and animation out of TR3, but does anyone have on that already works in TRLE? And how would I set it up?

What I was thinking is to have a detonator in the switch slot and change the animation so Lara is actually using the detonator, and have the detonator trigger a rolling ball in a different room which causes the screen to shake (because of the explosion), and then the rolling ball rolls over a heavy trigger for a flipmap and in the flipped room there is a hole in the ground.

Would my way work? And is there anyone who already has the detonator object and the animation for it working?

Thanks so much everybody! :hug:

edit - To clarify, I am trying to do this exactly like in TR3.

matrix54
07-02-09, 01:50
its just a simple puzzle item and animation needed. trigger a flip map and your done. all the extras like triggering grenades to explode and such are just for show.

its amazing how the simplest things seem so hard to to :rolleyes:

God Horus
07-02-09, 01:55
Oh wow, so I guess the way I had it planned will work? Yay! :) =P

That actually does seem pretty easy... I was expecting it to be harder :p

Yasin
07-02-09, 07:46
The "Mine" object results into flashy explosion aswell. You can replace the mesh to make it smaller/transparant.

matrix54
07-02-09, 13:48
I forgot about the mine object. TRLE has a lot of explosives and such...more than anything

Hateshinai
07-02-09, 14:04
I forgot about the mine object. TRLE has a lot of explosives and such...more than anything
I only know about the mine and the grenades.
Are there more of them ?

matrix54
07-02-09, 14:24
Mine objects

Grenade

Flares can set off grenade/mines when touched

Lara can fire 3 types of explosive items (Explosive crossbow, grenade ammo, super ammo, 4 if you count flash grenades, there also coding for 2 other types of grenades in trep:Ultra and somthing else.)

AMBER_LIGHT object

Flame Emitters and Smoke emmiters

Blinking Light

Alarm Light

[insert color here] light

Fire rope

shatters

animatings

smash objects

Burning Floor

Torch

Anthing that can crumber and fall, like FALLING_CIELING, ROLLING_BALL, etc.

Fogbulbs, and flame emitter, smoke emitter, earthquake, spinkler, and most of the explosives above can be used to create some serious effects, like a house fire.

This is all you need to make some serious effects and explosions! :tmb: But some objects will need special triggering and ocbs and such o get desire effects and everything, but yeah-there ya go.

Yasin
07-02-09, 16:09
The above list makes you feel like a movie Director XD

LaraCablara
07-02-09, 16:59
Burning floor actually requires a precise set up and a torch to make it set on fire :o. So I don't think it can be used for that.

You can use a TREP for a "flash red" flipeffect as well :)

God Horus
07-02-09, 17:13
Thanks everyone, I got it working.

I had the detonator trigger a rolling ball in a separate room which caused the screen to shake and also for it to roll across a heavy trigger for an explosion.

And I just have one last question... Lara is going to jump into a hole that the explosion created, and it is a really long drop that normally kills Lara. How can I have the next level load when Lara falls about 3/4 of the way? I have 3 stacked rooms which make this fall up.

*PH*
07-02-09, 17:16
place a finish trigger
with PAD
make the squares higher and smooth them to the walls so theres no untextured part

matrix54
07-02-09, 17:24
you can make the lower room pitch black and leave the middle room a color between the upper room and lower room. But make sure the lower room has a toggle opacity so you place a pad, like in the post above, and your done. the dark lighting is so yu cant see the shadow. she wont die :wve: falling, no matter how far she fall. she can fall 100 click and she still wont die, she just go to the next level with full health.

Raymond
07-02-09, 17:46
Easily possible with the vertikal trigger in the TRNG!:)

Hateshinai
07-02-09, 17:52
Easily possible with the vertikal trigger in the TRNG!:)
Never heard of it :yik:

Raymond
07-02-09, 18:00
Look for the vertical triggers among the conditional triggers. There is also a tutorial project by Paolone on his site, what isnīt available currently!

LaraCablara
07-02-09, 18:16
you can make the lower room pitch black and leave the middle room a color between the upper room and lower room. But make sure the lower room has a toggle opacity so you place a pad, like in the post above, and your done. the dark lighting is so yu cant see the shadow. she wont die :wve: falling, no matter how far she fall. she can fall 100 click and she still wont die, she just go to the next level with full health.

...Unless you light a flare.

matrix54
07-02-09, 19:07
then you use a pitch black fog bulb. how you set that up is completely up to you.