PDA

View Full Version : Allison Carol to be replaced?

Tonyrobinson
07-02-09, 14:37
http://neighborsgoblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2009/02/are-you-the-next-lara-croft.html

Hmmm:confused:

Dennis's Mom
07-02-09, 14:48
Lara from Dallas? You know, in Plano she's gotta have what my mother used to call "the North Dallas Big Hair." :D

It's possible Allison has asked to move on. I doubt she ever considered this as anything more than a stepping stone to the next job.

daventry
07-02-09, 15:05
Whopeee, now we can get a more matured Lara Croft Model who looks like Lara and she wont have to do the same old boring moves constintly and maybe they will show more of TR9 then the Model. ;)

Squibbly
07-02-09, 15:10
I think the whole model thing is dumb, because a lot of money is spent for having one when that money could be put to better use for the game. Games just don't need them anymore.

But to be honest I don't care if they replace Alison because I didn't much like her anyway. Her looks were off and she had such a ditzy personality. :p

And only ages 18 - 24? Should be looking for someone in their 30's I think.

EmeraldFields
07-02-09, 15:11
Thank God!:D

Rivendell
07-02-09, 15:24
This has nothing to do with Alison, Lara or even TR.
Moving to Gen Chat.

NightWish
07-02-09, 15:25
Some of our awesome lookalikes should definitely audition! :D

Larapink
07-02-09, 15:29
Dallas? :confused::vlol:

When is the auditions for the UK? :whi:

Just kidding :vlol:

Quasimodo
07-02-09, 15:33
This has nothing to do with Alison, Lara or even TR.
Moving to Gen Chat.

Apparently not. (http://neighborsgo.com/event-detail/8864/1) The title of the article was a tad misleading :p
Open Casting Call: Female Video Game Character Are you the next Lara Croft or Cortana? A leading video game company is looking for a fresh face for our next major game franchise. The job will include voice recording, on camera work and travel. • 18-24 year old female • No modeling experience or headshots necessary • Outgoing and distinct personality • Comfortable in crowds • Available for travel within the U.S. and abroad • Good communications skills Please bring a valid driver’s license or other form of photo ID to the casting call. Go to www.castxyz.com for more information.
Sounds like they're trying to find a model to promote a totally new game.

tha_mattster
07-02-09, 15:34
It clearly states that this is for a new game franchise which has nothing to do with Tomb Raider.

EmeraldFields
07-02-09, 15:35
Apparently not. (http://neighborsgo.com/event-detail/8864/1) The title of the article was a tad misleading :p

Shucks.:(

God Horus
07-02-09, 15:37
This has nothing to do with Lara Croft. Yeah, the title is really misleading.

tha_mattster
07-02-09, 15:40
It's kind of assumed that people will read the content and not just the title :whi:

Someone should write an article with the title 'Lara Croft to become more pigeon friendly' and within a few days we'll have a thread here with 100 pages of 'omfg pigeons dont even play TR why do eidos wanna do dat11' - 'its already pigeon friendly enough' etc.

Quasimodo
07-02-09, 15:42
It's kind of assumed that people will read the content and not just the title :whi:

You should lower your expectations of other people then :p
lol we see the name 'Lara Croft' and everything else turns to babble!

hat
10-02-09, 00:02

So what happened?
I went to the site, and the picture is still just a silhouette.

Sir Croft
10-02-09, 00:14
I don't get it. :confused:
They say it's for a new franchise but at the same time it asks "Are you the next Lara Croft?".

God Horus
10-02-09, 00:21
I don't get it. :confused:
They say it's for a new franchise but at the same time it asks "Are you the next Lara Croft?".

It is for a new franchise, by saying "Are you the next Lara Croft", they aren't saying it's about Lara Croft (they don't mention Lara once in the article), they are just saying are you going to be the next Lara Croft (not literally).

Melonie Tomb Raider
10-02-09, 00:27
Well, being as I hope to see the game itself revamped, I'd like to see a new model as well.

TRhalloween
10-02-09, 00:40
It's metaphorical.

Well, being as I hope to see the game itself revamped, I'd like to see a new model as well.

Read the other posts

Sir Croft
10-02-09, 00:52
It is for a new franchise, by saying "Are you the next Lara Croft", they aren't saying it's about Lara Croft (they don't mention Lara once in the article), they are just saying are you going to be the next Lara Croft (not literally).

But if it has nothing to do with Eidos, isn't using "Lara Croft" to get attention inappropriate and unauthorized use of a trademark? :confused:

MattTR
10-02-09, 01:40
That was fast.. very fast. :p

She didnt' do very much, oh well.. good luck.. There are some beautiful Lara models here on the forums that would make magnificent models. :D

irjudd
10-02-09, 14:27
Clearly "Are you the next Lara Croft" means "Could your likeness (boobness) be used to inspire the next popular female video game character"

But I wonder where the thread starter got "Allison Carrol Replaced" out of that. :vlol:

CrypticDream
10-02-09, 14:55
Clearly "Are you the next Lara Croft" means "Could your likeness (boobness) be used to inspire the next popular female video game character"

Nice. :ton: haha.

viper456
10-02-09, 16:32
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y33/viper456/crazyshehasit.jpg?t=1234283665

I think she has been the most entertaining model of all time in my eyes. :vlol:

irjudd
10-02-09, 16:33
roflcoptorz :vlol:

Night Crawler
10-02-09, 16:51
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y33/viper456/crazyshehasit.jpg?t=1234283665

I think she has been the most entertaining model of all time in my eyes. :vlol:She's just doing her job advertising Underworld there, all glitchy with bad animations lol.

Nice of her to show us her all seeing eye too on her first shoot. :o

Benguitar
10-02-09, 17:38
Man!! I liked her as a Lara Croft Model, *more so than the last one* :pi:

Sir Croft
10-02-09, 17:48
She's just doing her job advertising Underworld there, all glitchy with bad animations lol.

Nice of her to show us her all seeing eye too on her first shoot. :o

Oh, poor girl, it was all Eidos fault for doing the first photoshoot with an outfit that wasn't her size.

Melonie Tomb Raider
10-02-09, 18:46
Oh, poor girl, it was all Eidos fault for doing the first photoshoot with an outfit that wasn't her size.

Well one would think she would notice it herself, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to put two and two together.

irjudd
10-02-09, 18:47
Well one would think she would notice it herself, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to put two and two together.
If by two and two you mean her legs.

Melonie Tomb Raider
10-02-09, 18:53
If by two and two you mean her legs.

LOL!!! :vlol:

Sir Croft
10-02-09, 19:58

Well, it's her job, she was there, she had to go on.