PDA

View Full Version : how far would you go for that special some one? (not like that!)

Lee croft
07-02-09, 23:59
well? i thought i might make this seeing as valentines day is next week!

CerebralAssassin
08-02-09, 00:04
will it make you happy if I say that I'd go as far as killing a person?:)...

I kid I kid..:pi:

TRhalloween
08-02-09, 00:06
I wouldn't do anything.

Such a dumbass "holiday".

Nerd For Life
08-02-09, 00:07
Depends if the special one is worth it or not.

I dislike Valentines Day, though.

Lee croft
08-02-09, 00:09
what if you had some one to share it with?

Angelus
08-02-09, 00:10
Find me a special someone and I'll let you know. :ton:

Wana b like Lara
08-02-09, 00:10
Depends ...

I'm going on a School -Over Night- Trip to Wales, it's called Outward Bound and we're going on the 13th, we'll be back on the 15 ... and the boy i like is coming with us (me and my friends) ... :whi:

MiCkiZ88
08-02-09, 00:13
Die protecting.

I've already moved to another country and changed my lifestyle because of that special someone..

Nerd For Life
08-02-09, 00:14
what if you had some one to share it with?

Valentines Day? I've had a boyfriend during VD some years ago and it was a normal day, I suppose. I think it's day for people to spend more money, that's what it is. ;p

Lee croft
08-02-09, 00:16
Die protecting.

I've already moved to another country and changed my lifestyle because of that special someone..

wow thats sweet !!! makes me want a girl friend

jjbennett
08-02-09, 00:16
I think valentines day is a nice idea but just that. You shouldn't have to have a named day in a calendar to go out on a limb to show someone how you feel.

Maybe im just an old romantic?

Angelus
08-02-09, 00:18
I think valentines day is a nice idea but just that. You shouldn't have to have a named day in a calendar to go out on a limb to show someone how you feel.

Maybe im just an old romantic?

Exactly how I feel about it. if you truly love someone, then why dedicate one day showing them how much you love them? You should be doing it every day.

MiCkiZ88
08-02-09, 00:21
wow thats sweet !!! makes me want a girl friend
Then try finding her. It's really not that hard in the end tbh. :)

I dont mind Valentines day, but in Finland it's called a friends day and there's nothing romantic about it really. I do plan to go out with my boyfriend, but just for the sake of having fun. I dont know how the hell I could possibly pay him any more attention than I do now! :p

LaraLuvrrr
Honestly I look forward to having someone special on Christmas not Valentines... Its such a cheesy holiday imo. But let's see how far would I go? If the persons life was in danger and I loved them unconditionally I'd do anything. Now if they asked me to do things I wouldnt necessarily do anything. I've heard of significant others killing exes for their mate. Not cool

Lee croft
Exactly how I feel about it. if you truly love someone, then why dedicate one day showing them how much you love them? You should be doing it every day.

agreed but valentines day is about doing that plus doing something super crazy!! (paying for 100 red rose's and getting them sent to your girlfriend's work or house for example)

Regulator
08-02-09, 00:22
It really gets to me how people spend a lot of money on Valentines Day.
Being there for the one you love and showing them that you love them is enough.

Lew
08-02-09, 00:23
Depends ...

I'm going on a School -Over Night- Trip to Wales, it's called Outward Bound and we're going on the 13th, we'll be back on the 15 ... and the boy i like is coming with us (me and my friends) ... :whi:

4 of my mates did that last year, lets just hope u dont smoke ! (they dont let u and you will hate it ) lol

LaraLuvrrr
08-02-09, 00:24

Yea I agree... But that mentality may change this year with the economy. Bloody hell I hate talking about the economy :hea:
But anyways I agree that showing money is not necessarily showing affection.

Punaxe
08-02-09, 00:27
This is one of those questions that to me can never have a general answer. It needs a context of the situation and a definition of the word "for" in that particular situation.

digitizedboy
08-02-09, 00:27
Frankly my dears I don't give a damn. :)

Encore
08-02-09, 00:30
Find me a special someone and I'll let you know. :ton:

hahah
Seconded :D

MiCkiZ88
08-02-09, 00:31
Spending money just on that silly day is just pathetic imo. How about remembering your loved one a bit more often than on the special days? Giving something self made is an better way of showing your affection (or remembering) than spending a lot of cash on your loved one.

Lee croft
08-02-09, 00:35
Then try finding her. It's really not that hard in the end tbh. :)
I dont mind Valentines day, but in Finland it's called a friends day and there's nothing romantic about it really. I do plan to go out with my boyfriend, but just for the sake of having fun. I dont know how the hell I could possibly pay him any more attention than I do now! :p

it's different for everyone... well any way if i had a girl friend i wouldnt mind if she didnt like valentines day or if she did but if it mean's alot to her then id do any thing for her too make sure that its more then perfect for her and if she didnt id wait till 12:00am the day after valentines day to give her rose's a presants and stuff that way she cant complain :D

Lavinder
08-02-09, 00:44
Jamie is going to be in New York on valentines day :(:(:( - I'm going going on the train all by myself up to his on Sunday, to wait for him to come back on Monday :p.

Lew
08-02-09, 00:46
If I really wanted someone special then i'd find out if they were single or not. well actually that wouldn't stop me if i really did like them

Obscure
08-02-09, 00:47
I've never known but I bet it would be far.

Lee croft
08-02-09, 00:48
I've never known but I bet it would be far.

i feel that pain

IceColdLaraCroft
08-02-09, 00:51
Mummify their remains after they die and build a great temple dedicated to thier life

viper456
08-02-09, 00:54
I would protect them until my last breath. As long as they are safe, I am happy.

Ikas90
08-02-09, 00:54
Well put it this way: Just for someone I loved, I travelled to the other side of the world, ignored my parents, went without telling them (and lied to them on the phone, telling them I was somewhere else), took the risk of travelling alone in a country that I didn't know the language of and went through many great difficulties, including the arranging of visas for her to come home with me, which never happened anyway. And there is a lot more I went through, but it's best to keep that personal.

Valentine's day is nothing too special, imo. Just to say "Happy Valentine's Day" and get them a gift is good enough lol. I would most likely just buy them a bunch of flowers. To get them something expensive is for a different occasion. To me, Valentine's day is a day just like Mother's and Father's day.

laralover_07
08-02-09, 01:14
Valentine's Day is an excuse for Maryland Cookies. Admit it.

I don't get it. And besides at my age, I love everyone the same. I try not to have a girlfriend at school incase we fall out and spend the rest of six years together. I'd rather meet someone outside my school, doubt that will happen though... :whi:

digitizedboy
08-02-09, 02:01
Well put it this way: Just for someone I loved, I travelled to the other side of the world, ignored my parents, went without telling them (and lied to them on the phone, telling them I was somewhere else), took the risk of travelling alone in a country that I didn't know the language of and went through many great difficulties, including the arranging of visas for her to come home with me, which never happened anyway. And there is a lot more I went through, but it's best to keep that personal.

Valentine's day is nothing too special, imo. Just to say "Happy Valentine's Day" and get them a gift is good enough lol. I would most likely just buy them a bunch of flowers. To get them something expensive is for a different occasion. To me, Valentine's day is a day just like Mother's and Father's day.

wow I admire your balls, I wished I could do that. I mean I've had an invite to Brasil to meet a friend. But I have no courage to travel across the other side of the hemisphere alone. :|

LaraLuvrrr
08-02-09, 02:08

Did your relationship end up working out? I'd be heartbroken if I went through all that and then got dumped or sumthin. :eek:

ivannnnn
08-02-09, 04:09
Did your relationship end up working out? I'd be heartbroken if I went through all that and then got dumped or sumthin. :eek:

Of course and you have to be careful.

rowanlim
08-02-09, 05:41

That is something that needs a lot of courage & love to do. I applaud you on that :tmb:

Valentine's Day has become a commercial event. In the past, I never did anything special for VD, although I did receive gifts :p But in the end, it's being consistent with your love that counts, to show to your special someone about how you feel for him/her, rather than just blowing it out on a single day :)

Ikas90
08-02-09, 06:08

Nope, it didn't work out. But I'm not bothered about it now. I don't consider it a waste of time or money. At least I know I did it, and had many great experiences. It's the memories that are important, and they will stay with me forever.

takamotosan
08-02-09, 06:15
i wouldn't do one ****ing thing, seeing as i'm single.

and i'm gonna stay that way.

Nefertiti_89
08-02-09, 06:15
Jumped out of a plane last year......

Skydiving of course I'm not insane!

pEhouse
08-02-09, 11:54
Well put it this way: Just for someone I loved, I travelled to the other side of the world, ignored my parents, went without telling them (and lied to them on the phone, telling them I was somewhere else), took the risk of travelling alone in a country that I didn't know the language of and went through many great difficulties, ...

Ah ya, memories.. I was 18 and did the same thing. It didn't work out in the end, I traveled through another country and didn't even get to see the one I did it for, but I don't regret doin it anyway because I learned a lot. Me and the guy are still close friends tho.
So considering that, I guess if I really love someone I would be able to do anything for them. Of course, that was 4 years ago and I'm not that naive anymore..

Valentinesday.. I never had anyone to celebrate it with, so I never really cared and was mostly annoyed by my girls, being in a crazy lovey-dovey mood. This year it is the other way around for the first time, my girls all hate guys and I'm the only one who has a special someone to celebrate it with.. and I'm actually lookin forward to it :o

Phys
08-02-09, 11:57
Me no likey valentines day

Hermina94
08-02-09, 12:27
I hate Valentines Day!Such a holiday that I can't spend with anyone!!!

AODdigger
08-02-09, 12:37
I wouldn't do anything.

Such a dumbass "holiday".
:tmb: This is the worst holiday in all the year. I think it's because I see the true meaning of love and I see how STUPID it is.. how human. How... pervic and elemental it is. Seriously, love isn't for me. It's a need and humans need. I don't want to NEED someone I'd like to WANT them... purely egoistic, which is a lot more high as a virtue than any of your 'love' or 'emotional' feelings towards another individual.

I will, however, give valentine cards to a few I sympathize - as I'll bring joy and do an innocent manipulation which would please both sides.