PDA

View Full Version : The Right Brain vs Left Brain test - Spinning Dancer

raiderfun
12-02-09, 17:16
Has anyone taken this test before ? It's interesting :D

Do you see the dancer turning clockwise or anti-clockwise?

http://i41.************/rwjarp.gif

If clockwise, then you use more of the right side of the brain and vice versa.

Most of us would see the dancer turning anti-clockwise though you can try to focus and change the direction by concentrating on her legs mostly; see if you can do it.

LEFT BRAIN FUNCTIONS
uses logic
detail oriented
facts rule
words and language
present and past
math and science
can comprehend
knowing
acknowledges
order/pattern perception
knows object name
reality based
forms strategies
practical
safe

RIGHT BRAIN FUNCTIONS
uses feeling
"big picture" oriented
imagination rules
symbols and images
present and future
philosophy & religion
can "get it" (i.e. meaning)
believes
appreciates
spatial perception
knows object function
fantasy based
presents possibilities
impetuous
risk taking

I can see her spinning clockwise, although, at some point, I could not stop seeing her spinning in the opposite, it's so catchy ! :cln:

Lee croft
12-02-09, 17:18
i remeber seeing this already on thid forum i can make i turn anyway at my on will :)... its not hard

interstellardave
12-02-09, 17:25
I can switch her to counter-clockwise, but I can most easily--and most naturally--see her going clockwise.

Legend Killer
12-02-09, 17:32
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=136602&highlight=dancer (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=136602&highlight=dancer) :wve:

I can switch her to counter-clockwise, but I can most easily--and most naturally--see her going clockwise.

That's my perception as well. :)

Jacen
12-02-09, 17:34
I can see her spinning both ways, but for some reason I find it hard to switch :p

Clockwise seems easier for me as well...

Sir Croft
12-02-09, 17:41
I can see her spinning both clockwise and counter-clockwise, it's hard to switch between both though.

Nerd For Life
12-02-09, 17:41
I've done this before, I see the dancer going anti-clockwise.

raiderfun
12-02-09, 17:43
Wow, you all seem genuises :D

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=136602&highlight=dancer (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=136602&highlight=dancer) :wve:

Ah sorry, I have never seen this thread, it is 5 months old so I hope mods won't that mind :)

Reggie
12-02-09, 17:45
But she IS actually spinning clockwise right?
I can't see how she could be going in any other direction?

Nerd For Life
12-02-09, 17:48
I just re-opened this thread and now she's going clockwise. :eek: I didn't see THAT coming

Joely-Moley
12-02-09, 17:50
I can only see her going clockwise.
I sat for about 5 miniutes looking to see if i could get her to go the other way.

TRfan23
12-02-09, 17:51
I love things like this. You can sort of do an illusion with 3D cubes, and see it as if the front face is pointing upwards. Or see it's front face pointing downwards. Something like that?

I can switch which way she turns easier now, seeing as practicing works well :)

I can only see her going clockwise.
I sat for about 5 miniutes looking to see if i could get her to go the other way.

Blinking can help ;)

raiderfun
12-02-09, 17:51
But she IS actually spinning clockwise right?
I can't see how she could be going in any other direction?

It is because your right brain works, in fact, she is spinning in both directions :D

I just re-opened this thread and now she's going clockwise. :eek: I didn't see THAT coming

Yeah, it's so odd :ton:

Alex Fly
12-02-09, 17:59
I've already seen this posted here and like in the previous thread, I can see her spinning clockwise only.

interstellardave
12-02-09, 18:01
Pretty much the only way I can get her going counter-clockwise is to not look directly at her... then she will sometimes start moving that direction. If I then move to look directly at her she'll often appear to go clockwise again--but not always.

Assassino
12-02-09, 18:03
Yeah she switches from time to time...especially if you don't focus on her.

I first saw her going clockwise though.

Reggie
12-02-09, 18:03
It is because your right brain works, in fact, she is spinning in both directions :D

That must be the case and that description of 'right brain' thinkers describes me very accurately and it confirms why I should a career in art over a career in languages (which I was already struggling with terribly at college!).
Thanks for posting this again because I never saw it before. :)

Logie 12 =]
12-02-09, 18:05
She turns both wayss

violentblossom
12-02-09, 18:07
at first, she was going anti, now she's only going clockwise.. what does that mean??

Joely-Moley
12-02-09, 18:10
Blinking can help ;)

Just went back stared at it for another 5 minitues blinking away, I even tried turning my head the opposite way as it went round (getting some strange looks from gf i might add.) but I can still only see it going clockwise.

Surley I'm not the only one that can see it going one way?

Biddy
12-02-09, 18:11
Just went back stared at it for another 5 minitues blinking away, I even tried turning my head the opposite way as it went round (getting some strange looks from gf i might add.) but I can still only see it going clockwise.

Surley I'm not the only one that can see it going one way?

I'm with you there.

Crisl
12-02-09, 18:16
Haha, Iīve seen that before too. Itīs just so wierd :D
I can mostly see her spinning clockwise, but now I think I discovered a way to change her rotation! :eek: When I concentrate my eyes on the shadow of her foot (the one on the ground) she switches the way of her rotation after some moment! Itīs unbelievable :D

Punaxe
12-02-09, 18:19
This is actually not a "right brain vs. left brain" test. It has been said to be, but it's always been just a normal, funny/interesting image.

Here's a helper:

http://files.noctifer.net/spinningdancer.gif

Crisl
12-02-09, 18:23
OMG, that helper is awesome! :D
But I feel like my brain is gonna explode if Iīll be watching it any longer :vlol: Itīs so confusing :)

Phys
12-02-09, 18:23
Haha if you focus on her knees, she will go clockwise for 1 second then all of a sudden go backward anticlockwise, then immediately clockwise again XD so funny. Great thread!

dox online
12-02-09, 18:24
I can switch between the ways of her moving if I concentrate, without moving my gaze! I am a genius! Hah!
I can even make her sweep her leg in front of her!

marla_biggs
12-02-09, 18:24
she dances both ways for me:)

Endow
12-02-09, 18:47
Before Punaxe posted the helper I could only see her turning clockwise. Regardless, all tests I remember taking, pinned me down as right brain dominant.

Benguitar
12-02-09, 19:19
LEFT BRAIN FUNCTIONS
uses logic
detail oriented
facts rule
words and language
present and past
math and science
can comprehend
knowing
acknowledges
order/pattern perception
knows object name
reality based
forms strategies
practical
safe

That's me! :)

kristi
12-02-09, 20:00
So easy!It took me no more than 10 secs to switch her from a clockwishe to anti-clockwise!Am I telekinetic?:confused::p

All you must do IMO,is to focus on her not seeing her directly,but with your peripheral vision.And think with all your soul:"Turn away!".

Love2Raid
12-02-09, 20:08
I love things like this, 'optical illusions' and stuff! :tmb:

I could stare at this picture all day long...:o
It's mainly clockwise for me, but sometimes it goes counter-clockwise all of the sudden. I can't seem to control it myself, only after watching the images Punaxe posted.

Nice! :)

ShadyCroft
12-02-09, 20:10
I stared, and I stared, and I stared some more...and then stared more.

Cannot see her turn anti-clockwise for just one sec. Yeah, I guess am a right brain person.

Larapink
12-02-09, 20:33
I see her spinning both Clockwise and Anti-clockwise, that has something to do with my Dyslexia. :(

Because I can't tell what direction she's spinning in. :(

Bumio
12-02-09, 20:37
i can see only clockwise

EmeraldFields
12-02-09, 20:46
She switches back and forth for me.:)

raiderfun
12-02-09, 21:20
@Punaxe : those were very helpful, I can easily switch now :eek:

That must be the case and that description of 'right brain' thinkers describes me very accurately and it confirms why I should a career in art over a career in languages (which I was already struggling with terribly at college!).
Thanks for posting this again because I never saw it before. :)

You're welcome. :)

laralover_07
12-02-09, 21:27
I can choose. Whatever way she wants to go, baby. :D

Your_Envy*
12-02-09, 21:27
i can see only clockwise

Me too! :eek: I was trying and trying to "turn it around" but.. Noo, she's spinning clockwise. :p

TR93
12-02-09, 21:30
Me too! :eek: I was trying and trying to "turn it around" but.. Noo, she's spinning clockwise. :p

I see Only Clockwise too...
They say it's a right brain then and I use my imagination...true enough:p lol...
*Goes to write fan fic:p*

Aurelien52
12-02-09, 21:30
I see the two at the same time ! :vlol:
Really Weird !

lararoxs
12-02-09, 21:53
I can see her going in both directions and I can make her change quite easily.:)

CerebralAssassin
12-02-09, 22:10
I can only see her clockwise!!:yik:

now my whole world has crumbled down :pi::pi:

Joely-Moley
12-02-09, 22:12
I can only see her clockwise!!:yik:

now my whole world has crumbled down :pi::pi:

Same here!
We just fail :)

CerebralAssassin
12-02-09, 22:13
Same here!
We just fail :)

I guess I should give up chess then...AND math :pi:

Hermina94
12-02-09, 22:14
I cant see it clockwise...I cant concentrate!

-DaNnEe..
12-02-09, 22:26
I can get her to go both ways! :D

Pan
12-02-09, 23:16
I can see her both ways but I have to look away and think hard to make her switch - it helps if you thing on which side her leg will appear i.e. it will spin from the right side to the left side if she's turning anti-clockwise and vicer versa.

Jake Croft
12-02-09, 23:25
If i concentrate, i can make her move from one to another lmao, its quite funny.

Melonie Tomb Raider
13-02-09, 00:03
Clockwise :)

God Horus
13-02-09, 00:09
I see her spinning clockwise... I have no idea how people can see her spinning counterclock wise.

hollister
13-02-09, 00:11
this is all bull ****! i was starring at it for like 2 minutes and the figure actually changes its self!! it not by which way side of the brain you use. cause it even stops then switches the way it goes!!! its just a trick!!!!

TRfan9294
13-02-09, 00:12
I can get her to go both ways! :D

Me too, this is really cool!:D

hollister
13-02-09, 00:15
Me too, this is really cool!:D

i found something.

look at the shadow of her feet, if you wait for the shadow of her feet to go anti clockwise then look at the figure it will be going that way, then look up when the shadow feet go clockwise. then the figure goes clockwise!!!!

TRfan9294
13-02-09, 00:28
i found something.

look at the shadow of her feet, if you wait for the shadow of her feet to go anti clockwise then look at the figure it will be going that way, then look up when the shadow feet go clockwise. then the figure goes clockwise!!!!

Oh yeah you're right, that's really interesting.:D

Joely-Moley
13-02-09, 00:30
i found something.

...and i still only see her going one way.
Intresting.

TRfan9294
13-02-09, 00:33
...and i still only see her going one way.
Intresting.

It's really difficult to get her to turn but eventually she did.:)

Joely-Moley
13-02-09, 00:50
It's really difficult to get her to turn but eventually she did.:)

I think I have to be one of the only people who can only see her turing one way! hahaa

Neteru
13-02-09, 01:01
this is all bull ****! i was starring at it for like 2 minutes and the figure actually changes its self!! it not by which way side of the brain you use. cause it even stops then switches the way it goes!!! its just a trick!!!!LOL Somebody else said similar the last time it was posted. It's not a trick. The animation does not change direction. There are 34 frames that play consecutively in a loop. The order that the frames in a gif play cannot be changed.

TRfan9294
13-02-09, 01:07
I think I have to be one of the only people who can only see her turing one way! hahaa

Hahaha:D.

Neteru
13-02-09, 01:10
I think I have to be one of the only people who can only see her turing one way! hahaaJoely, did you note this post:

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showpost.php?p=3455485&postcount=23

Joely-Moley
13-02-09, 01:17
Joely, did you note this post:

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showpost.php?p=3455485&postcount=23

I must of missed that. I can see it going the anti-clockwise there but only in the right hand image.

Ikas90
13-02-09, 02:36
It's a bit like looking at the TV serial on the roof of my house. In this pic for example:

http://www.technudgelive.com/uploaded_images/TV-antenna-large-4-23-07-775146.jpg

Sometimes I see the antenna behind the pole it sits on, and sometimes I see it infront of the pole it sits on. Same illusion.

I can make the gif spin both ways with ease. Though it's easier to spin her one way than the other, and I think that's spinning her from the correct way to the incorrect way.

raiderfun
13-02-09, 11:36
That's interesting Saki :tmb:

ShadyCroft
13-02-09, 12:38
Yeah, that's cool, Saki ! I can see it both ways.

raiderfun
13-02-09, 20:51
Wow, I just noticed, I can easily switch her direction, you only have to concentrate on her legs, they're the key ;)

IceColdLaraCroft
13-02-09, 22:58
;3455445']She turns both wayss

yea she switches if you watch long enough. When she faces towards you her right leg is down and when she faces toward you later her left leg is down...it isn't a trick of the brain it's a trick of the animated image.

pizzabob18
13-02-09, 23:04
for me, it was clockwise, but after a while, I can see the switch in motion. Very odd indeed!

Dia2blo
13-02-09, 23:14
I can make it switch easily, but mainly it goes anti-clockwise ( i have seen this before btw) i also noticed if you focus on something else, it looks like she is always facing forward just swinging her leg left and right :p

I have sussed it, look away but notice the shadow at the bottom, when the foot passes at the right, look and shell be going counter clockwise, and vice versa. (my crazy trick :p)

Joely-Moley
14-02-09, 00:06
I can make it switch easily, but mainly it goes anti-clockwise ( i have seen this before btw) i also noticed if you focus on something else, it looks like she is always facing forward just swinging her leg left and right :p

I have sussed it, look away but notice the shadow at the bottom, when the foot passes at the right, look and shell be going counter clockwise, and vice versa. (my crazy trick :p)

That wont work for me. I actually tried everything, i must just have a stupid brain or something. I was see it go the other way in that post earlier with the lines drawn on.

rowanlim
14-02-09, 05:36
I see it as anti clockwise :p

Squibbly
14-02-09, 06:04
Clockwise for me. Woohoo I'm right brained. :D

The_Real_Lara
14-02-09, 06:17
I'm clockwise...It took me atleast 5 minutes to see if spinning the other way. lol. That's pretty trippy. =D

Kapu
14-02-09, 06:49
I first saw her spinning clockwise, but then I concentrated only on her legs by scrolling down and hiding the top of her body and I was able to make her switch very easily.

Lara Croft!
14-02-09, 10:31
I had created a thread here about that some months ago... Cool.

Twiin
14-02-09, 13:28
Clockwise initially; and it took me absolutely ages to see it anti-clockwise. I thought I was incapable of doing so and couldn't understand how others did!
But I followed Kapu's method and now I can see the other way... strange.

MiCkiZ88
14-02-09, 15:53
Anti-Clockwise at first, and then few seconds later clockwise. I can switch the way she rotates as well. Anyone else noticed the same with other spinning objects in real life? There was some spinning add thingamajick at town and I swear I saw it spinning anti clockwise when it actually was spinning clockwise.

Lee croft
14-02-09, 16:50
This is actually not a "right brain vs. left brain" test. It has been said to be, but it's always been just a normal, funny/interesting image.

Here's a helper:

http://files.noctifer.net/spinningdancer.gif

its to do with the eyes