PDA

View Full Version : Alternative Ending of I Am Legend.

TR cheatfinder
12-02-09, 22:36
I've watched I am Legend on 1-Disc but what happens on the alternative ending?

violentblossom
12-02-09, 22:39
Origninally, Will Smith's character turns out to be the bad guy.

The way they set it up is that these creatures he's hunting turn out to be smart and civilized and he is their Boogeyman.. hunting and killing them for no reason. That was the true ending, but they changed it after they figured it wouldn't be too popular among viewers.

Siberian Tiger
12-02-09, 22:43
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sm7CxqJE2ZQ

Alternate ending. This is YouTube; a video site that has videos for many, many things.

:)

violentblossom
12-02-09, 22:47
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2U9IEDv0ho

Alternate ending. This is YouTube; a video site that has videos for many, many things.

:)

that's it? all that's changed is the music. :(

Siberian Tiger
12-02-09, 22:52
that's it? all that's changed is the music. :(

My bad... I thought that was the alternate ending. It's just alternate music like you pointed out. >.<

Edit: Ok I just updated the link in the previous post. It claims to be the alternate ending but I didn't watch the full thing. Kind of hard to find through all the stupid stuff like RickRoll.
>.<

violentblossom
12-02-09, 22:53
My bad... I thought that was the alternate ending. It's just alternate music like you pointed out. >.<

i was gonna say... those lazy fruitcakes... >.> :p

laralover_07
12-02-09, 22:59
http://www.firstshowing.net/2008/03/05/must-watch-i-am-legends-original-ending-this-is-amazing/

You can watch the alternate ending here. It's not a rick roll.

In this ending the creature draws a butterfly on the glass and then, well see for yourself.

In the theatrical cut, the creature smashes the glass into a butterfly shape, as seen in the previous video, then he takes a blood sample and blows himself up.

Joely-Moley
12-02-09, 23:06
Wow, I actaully like that ending better.

laralover_07
12-02-09, 23:07
Wow, I actaully like that ending better.

That was the true ending, the one from the original book.

violentblossom
12-02-09, 23:09

what am i thinking about then? i must be confused. :(

Joely-Moley
12-02-09, 23:10

Really? I've never read the book. I actually never knew there was a book.
They should have stuck with it!

I hated how the film ended.

laralover_07
12-02-09, 23:12
what am i thinking about then? i must be confused. :(

Theatrical Ending, seen in cinemas:

Originally Planned, closer to the book, only seen on disc two ending:

http://www.firstshowing.net/2008/03/05/must-watch-i-am-legends-original-ending-this-is-amazing/

Here's the wiki page for the 1954 book of the same name:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Am_Legend

It's already been a film too, three times.

violentblossom
12-02-09, 23:16
Theatrical Ending, seen in cinemas:

Originally Planned, closer to the book, only seen on disc two ending:

Here's the wiki page for the 1954 book of the same name:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Am_Legend

It's already been a film too, three times.

the last one is the one i was thinking of then. :) thank ya!

Larapink
12-02-09, 23:20
I still want to see this film is it good?

Ada the Mental
12-02-09, 23:23
I haven't read the book, but they definitely should have stuck to the original ending instead of chickening out. It's so much better than what they went with...

Neteru
12-02-09, 23:25
So this is basically the fourth film based on this book. Shame it's Will Smith or I'd watch it.

Larapink
12-02-09, 23:27
Shame it's Will Smith or I'd watch it.
Whats wrong with Will Smith?

He's a great actor.

violentblossom
12-02-09, 23:30
So this is basically the fourth film based on this book. Shame it's Will Smith or I'd watch it.

:smk: :yik:

i'm astounded. everybody loves Will Smith.

Joely-Moley
12-02-09, 23:44
Wait so this is the fourth version of this film?
What do I live under a rock or something, why don't I know this stuff?
haha

violentblossom
12-02-09, 23:45
Wait so this is the fourth version of this film?
What do I live under a rock or something, why don't I know this stuff?
haha

weren't they called The Omega Man before this?

Neteru
12-02-09, 23:45
Whats wrong with Will Smith?

He's a great actor.

Anthony Hopkins, yes. Richard Burton, yes. Gary Oldman, yes. Johnny Depp, yes. John Malkovich, yes. All true greats. Will Smith? Pfft. I don't think so.

i'm astounded. everybody loves Will Smith.Evidently not.

What he is, is a great act-up. He, akin to the likes of Robbie Williams, are such people who spend their time 'performing' for attention and render themselves a major irritation in the process. There is no true greatness with such people because their craft is not about the art, it is about their ego's.

violentblossom
12-02-09, 23:47
Anthony Hopkins, yes. Richard Burton, yes. Gary Oldman, yes. Johnny Depp, yes. John Malkovich, yes. All true greats. Will Smith? Pfft. I don't think so.

Evidently not.

What he is, is a great act-up. He, akin to the likes of Robbie Williams, are such people who spend their time 'performing' for attention and render themselves a major irritation in the process. There is no true greatness with such people because their craft is not about the art, it is about their ego's.

i personally am entertained by him, but i see what your saying.

like, i prefer actors like Marlon Brando, who completely became a new character, as opposed to someone like Jennifer Aniston who always seems to play, well, herself.

Carbonek_0051
12-02-09, 23:48

Evidently not.

I absolutely couldn't agree more.:tmb:

Neteru
12-02-09, 23:57
weren't they called The Omega Man before this?

In 1964 there was The Last Man On Earth, starring the Vincent Price. Then there was the Omega Man in 1971 with Charlton Heston. Then just before I Am Legend was I Am Omega.

TRfan9294
13-02-09, 02:27
Anthony Hopkins, yes. Richard Burton, yes. Gary Oldman, yes. Johnny Depp, yes. John Malkovich, yes. All true greats. Will Smith? Pfft. I don't think so.[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

I think he's a really good actor.:)

erosan
13-02-09, 04:13
wow..the original ending was amazing ^_^ !!!!

Sir Croft
13-02-09, 04:59
Will Smith is overrated, he's good, I like him, but he's overrated.

mau3genius
13-02-09, 05:18
Anthony Hopkins, yes. Richard Burton, yes. Gary Oldman, yes. Johnny Depp, no. John Malkovich, yes. All true greats. Will Smith? Pfft. I don't think so.

That way, I would agree wholeheartedly :D
He's not a good actor because he doesn't get good roles.
Shooting crappy blockbusters only raises your fame but does nothing for your talent (improving it/showing you actually have it)
Maybe he is talented, but there's not much examples of movies with deep scripts and a well developed story with his name on them, so I can't tell :p
Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to matter much these days...

laralover_07
13-02-09, 08:11
In 1964 there was The Last Man On Earth, starring the Vincent Price. Then there was the Omega Man in 1971 with Charlton Heston. Then just before I Am Legend was I Am Omega.

Indeed. Asylum is the company that the produced 2007's Omega Man. Their company regularly release straight-to-dvd movies that copy, and hope to be confused with, larger competitors. Their team are responsible for Snakes on a train, Sunday School Musical, The Day the Earth Stopped, Transmorphers and incoming sequel Transmorphers 2, Death Racers and this heap of mess that was set to be mixed up with I Am Legend...

...sigh...

interstellardave
13-02-09, 11:48

I never heard of the "I Am Omega" film!

BTW, I agree about Will Smith but I have to say that I Am Legend was still a good film.

I'd like to see the two older adaptations again to refresh my memory--It's been years since I've seen those.

Shark_Blade
13-02-09, 14:17
Wow I much prefer this alternate ending more. Will Smith is a great actor!:tmb:

digitizedboy
13-02-09, 14:23
I prefer the movie with Vincent Price, Damn I love that movie and Vincent Price is such a charming character with such an unique acting ability. Pity some people have never heard of it and would rather watch the modern day stories of this theme.