PDA

View Full Version : Coming soon to a mall near you - the Microsoft Store

SamReeves
13-02-09, 16:56
It appears Windoze is going to take a page out of Apple's notebook. Microsoft is interested in opening their own retail store, styled after the Apple Store. I wonder what kind of PC's and software they will showcase at these places? Read the article below in the Wall Street Journal:

Microsoft to Open Stores, Hires Retail Hand (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123448293075579777.html)

viper456
13-02-09, 17:00
why the hell not ey :D I would have a look around if I went past.

They might just show off new casings etc and you could choose the components to make your own PC? Who knows.

Carbonek_0051
13-02-09, 17:04
YAY

I <3 MS

Now I have a store to nerd out at.:D

da tomb raider!
13-02-09, 17:11
Let's hope that the stores are more reliably-built than Vista and the XBox 360, eh?

Neteru
13-02-09, 17:17
And all stores will blackout at random times on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, the Windows will turn blue and any customers in the store won't be able to Escape.

irjudd
13-02-09, 17:18
Maybe this means we'll finally have a store with a decent Games for Windows aisle. :)

violentblossom
13-02-09, 17:28
And all stores will blackout at random times on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, the Windows will turn blue and any customers in the store won't be able to Escape.

:vlol:

Rai
13-02-09, 17:29

:vlol: :vlol:

Looks like a good idea to be able to get all your Microsoft stuff in one place, just as long as there aren't any delays for opening hours, eh?

Jack Croft
13-02-09, 17:46
I like Microsoft too people just hate on them cause there rich and can afford exclusive content like DLC.

Punaxe
13-02-09, 18:37
Maybe this means we'll finally have a store with a decent Games for Windows aisle. :)

That'd be great, they have been disappearing from most stores here in favour of console games.

It would also be awesome if they could demo some of the projects their Research division is working on. Microsoft is doing so much more than just making Windows and Office, and many things are very interesting but never make it to the market.

Benguitar
13-02-09, 18:58

ROFL!!! :vlol:

That is great!

Encore
13-02-09, 19:26
^ Cliches. They never get old...

I agree! It's so annoying to see PC games constantly put aside in little shelves in game stores. :mad:

irjudd
13-02-09, 19:27
^ Cliches. They never get old...

I agree! It's so annoying to see PC games constantly put aside in little shelves in game stores. :mad:
Add to the fact that 2/3 of that shelf is designated for The Sims 2 and World of Warcraft. :)

Titanium
13-02-09, 19:27
Shop assistant: Please visit our Vista department.
Customer: Oh sorry, I thought that was the toilets.

:whi:

rickybazire
13-02-09, 19:41
Thank goodness for that. At least some decent technology being available like this.

(I'm not say Apple are bad, I'm just saying I prefer Microsoft. No debates intended :p).

Ward Dragon
13-02-09, 19:44
Add to the fact that 2/3 of that shelf is designated for The Sims 2 and World of Warcraft. :)

Exactly! :hea: The last game store I was in literally had two small shelves on a stand for PC games and they were filled with crap instead of good games. I hate that PC games are getting pushed out of the game stores. I miss when there would be walls upon walls of PC games.

Drone
13-02-09, 19:46
what will they sell. 200 k copies of crappy vista and 400 k copies of gears of war?!

irjudd
13-02-09, 19:54
Exactly! :hea: The last game store I was in literally had two small shelves on a stand for PC games and they were filled with crap instead of good games. I hate that PC games are getting pushed out of the game stores. I miss when there would be walls upon walls of PC games.
Yes, it was a sad sad day for me when I realized that Wal-Mart could handle my gaming needs better than Gamestop could. :(

MattTR
13-02-09, 19:58
OMG! :eek: Awesome!

A place I can finally call home - The MICROSOFT STORE!

I'll be going there, for sure. :cool:

See ya there. ;)

Ward Dragon
13-02-09, 20:04
Yes, it was a sad sad day for me when I realized that Wal-Mart could handle my gaming needs better than Gamestop could. :(

Ugh, I still refuse to buy games at Walmart after an issue I had many years ago where a game didn't work and they gave me absolute hell over exchanging it. At least Gamestop is willing to let me return or exchange anything that doesn't work (assuming I can even find it there in the first place...).

voltz
13-02-09, 21:58
As much as I love using M$ products, they sure know how to charge a premium on everything.

SamReeves
13-02-09, 22:00

Nooes! No more Sims…if I want simulations, I'll find me Tera Patrick's PC simulator. :mis:

IceColdLaraCroft
13-02-09, 22:53

You'll walk out with an STD or some other virus just from being in the store.

I hope that they have 15 lines for customer service.

voltz
13-02-09, 22:56
That would be funny, multiple infected costumers and everyone carries a broken zune.

Larapink
13-02-09, 23:02
Yay!:D

I love MICROSOFT! :D
Move over Apple store!

irjudd
13-02-09, 23:43
Ok enough computer problem turned into real life event jokes, it stopped being funny before the first one :p

Benguitar
14-02-09, 00:25
I'm gonna walk in there with a "Apple Store" shirt on. Just to screw with the employees. :p

SamReeves
14-02-09, 00:42
I'm gonna walk in there with a "Apple Store" shirt on. Just to screw with the employees. :p

Take photos and post them when you do! :mis:

irjudd
14-02-09, 01:19
They make apple store shirts?

Mr.Burns
14-02-09, 01:22

And once the store has restored itself, you'll find random bits of spam in your clothes telling you to lose weight.