PDA

View Full Version : Torchwood - Children of Earth

laralover_07
13-02-09, 22:56
http://dailypop.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/torchwood-threeshot18.jpg

Torchwood - Children of Earth
& General Torchwood Discussion

Welcome to Torchwood. The award-winning, sci-fi drama from the makers of Doctor Who. After two series,
Children of Earth follows the team; Captain Jack Harkness, Gwen Cooper and Ianto
Jones in an epic 5-episode story arc set over one week.

After the climactic finale of series 2, the team are still coming to terms with the
loss of two colleagues and friends, Owen Harper and Toshiko Sato. But that doesn't
mean there isn't a job to be done.

This time they are faced with their fiercest threat to date - one which throws
the future of Torchwood and the entire human race spiralling into danger.
They battle against the odds but do they stand a chance of saving mankind?

Faithful Russell T. Davies fans will be happy (or sad) to know that Mickey
Smith and Martha Jones will not be joining the Torchwood team, as hinted
in the Doctor Who Series 4 finale.

It's set to be an action-packed week.
Will you be watching?

Rivendell
13-02-09, 23:04
I'm itching to see it.

I'm still totally annoyed that they're screwing up the format of the episodes, cramming a 5-episode series into a week is stupid, no matter how epic and fast paced it makes it.

No excuse. Bring back the 13 episode series spread over 3 months! :smk:

Apart from that, bring it on! :D :cool:

lararoxs
13-02-09, 23:09
O... M.... G!:jmp: I miss Torchwood!

I cant wait!:D I love it! What a way to end the last season eh?:D

^I agree about the poxy stupid episodes and how they are veiwed. It will be over too quickly.

laralover_07
13-02-09, 23:10
I had a feeling you'd be the first to reply, Riv! :D

I don't like the 5 episode format. I think it's a waste when they had time to make the full 13 episodes. Especially when Russell is basically done with Doctor Who, other than the specials.

I just noticed Gwen looks a bit like Lara when she jumps out the ambulance. Neat. :)

EDIT: I loved the ending of series two. So tragic. I almost cracked for the first time watching TV ever.

toxicraider
13-02-09, 23:12
When's it out?
Can't wait :jmp:

Night Crawler
13-02-09, 23:15
Can't wait. I heard they (BBC) are still trying a slot for the week of episodes and it appears to be getting later and later in the year -_-.

I'm not happy about them toning it down for American audiences though, I love swear words in the Welsh accent. :mad:

Rivendell
13-02-09, 23:16
I love swear words in the Welsh accent. :mad:

"Tha's enuff playen silly bugguh's now then."

Gwen rocks. :D

laralover_07
13-02-09, 23:17
When's it out?
Can't wait :jmp:

Last I heard they were trying to get May, but as Night Crawler says, it keeps getting pushed back. Hopefully summer at the very latest. :)

I also hate them toning it down too. I caught "Meat" at six one night. Gwen and Rhys were fighting. It was laughable.

Rai
13-02-09, 23:17
When is this on? I am sooo watching, you just try and stop me! :D

Edit: Laralover posted before me, thanks for the info ;)

lararoxs
13-02-09, 23:18
Can't wait. I heard they (BBC) are still trying a slot for the week of episodes and it appears to be getting later and later in the year -_-.

I'm not happy about them toning it down for American audiences though, I love swear words in the Welsh accent. :mad:

Seriously?! WTH? Thats the whole reason everyone loves Torchwood! Its outrageously good!:o

Night Crawler
13-02-09, 23:23
Seriously?! WTH? Thats the whole reason everyone loves Torchwood! Its outrageously good!:oYeah, it was a hit over there apparently and so they made this series more family friendly, they'll be less sex, no swearing etc, and it will be going out on the main BBC channel at a decent time, so it DOES have it's pros and cons. I just wonder what the future holds because this is Russell T Davis' baby and he ain't doing Doctor Who anymore, so where does the Spinoff stand in all this?

IceColdLaraCroft
13-02-09, 23:26
WOW!

YAY!

I'm so happy! Jack is hot!

lararoxs
13-02-09, 23:28
Yeah, it was a hit over there apparently and so they made this series more family friendly, they'll be less sex, no swearing etc, and it will be going out on the main BBC channel at a decent time, so it DOES have it's pros and cons. I just wonder what the future holds because this is Russell T Davis' baby and he ain't doing Doctor Who anymore, so where does the Spinoff stand in all this?

I guess we will have to wait and see. Can't they send the edited versions over there, I mean this is probably stupid, but there are versions that have everything considered rude taken out so it can be repeated during the day? Save the good stuff for people who want to watch it?

Night Crawler
13-02-09, 23:32
I guess we will have to wait and see. Can't they send the edited versions over there, I mean this is probably stupid, but there are versions that have everything considered rude taken out so it can be repeated during the day? Save the good stuff for people who want to watch it?I dunno, it's probably easier this way anyway. You have to admit though that all the ****ing and swearing in the first series seemed forced and gimicky, it came across more naturally in the second series but if you think about it, it really wasn't needed. I think it was the most extreme things they could think of to seperate themselves from Doctor Who lol, now though that hardly matters because Torchwood is a breed of its own. I would be bothered if Torchwood's episodes were made up of 50% Sex and 50% Swearing, but it's not is it? ;)

lararoxs
13-02-09, 23:39
I dunno, it's probably easier this way anyway. You have to admit though that all the ****ing and swearing in the first series seemed forced and gimicky, it came across more naturally in the second series but if you think about it, it really wasn't needed. I think it was the most extreme things they could think of to seperate themselves from Doctor Who lol, now though that hardly matters because Torchwood is a breed of its own. I would be bothered if Torchwood's episodes were made up of 50% Sex and 50% Swearing, but it's not is it? ;)

Haha! I guess when you put it that way... :p
Well, like i said, we will probably just have to wait untill we even get a rough air date.:)

TRfan23
26-06-09, 23:29
I thought I'd wake this thread from the dead due to 6th July

http://www.bbc.co.uk/torchwood/

It looks really good :)

Couldn't find any other thread related to this with the old trf search engine ;)

Nannonxyay
26-06-09, 23:37
:jmp: I can't wait for this. I will definitely be watching.

lararoxs
26-06-09, 23:39
6th of July! 6th of July!:D:jmp:

I honestly cannot wait!:D It's about time there was some good news around here too!:p

TRfan23
26-06-09, 23:48
Also I think it's from Monday to Friday, with 5 episodes per day? Just like they said they'd do before, but I actually wish they didn't. But oh well...

Jack/John looks fit in the first pic here (http://www.bbc.co.uk/torchwood/characters/) :D With his spiked up hair :)

pneboy
27-06-09, 00:21
the mods will not be happy with you reviving a 4 month old thread

TRfan23
27-06-09, 00:41
the mods will not be happy with you reviving a 4 month old thread

Well from what other members in the past have told me, is that you can revive a thread within reason. Yes it was done back in February, but I don't see the point in making a new one when there's already one layed out very well...

trtrailerman
27-06-09, 01:24
Sounds cool, i always liked tosh for some reason - poor girl. Anyway do we know of a date/time for when its on? sorry if it's already been asked/answered in the thread :p

daventry
27-06-09, 07:39
Never knew there was a Program called Torchwood, do they make allot of Doctor Who Comments

laralover_07
27-06-09, 07:54
Never knew there was a Program called Torchwood, do they make allot of Doctor Who Comments

They do actually, both are set in the same universe.

Jack often mentions that he needs to see the right kind of Doctor.
Jack has a Tardis growing on his desk.
The Doctor's 3D glasses can often be seen around the office.
At the end of the first series we hear the Tardis, and jack runs, this leads to the episode in series 3 of Doctor Who.
In one of the episodes in series 1, "Vote Saxon" posters can be seen on an abandoned building.

That's just a few, AND Torchwood is an Anagram of Doctor Who.

Rivendell
06-07-09, 15:57
Anyone else excited for tonight? :D

Can't believe this time next week we'll have seen all of S3. :pi:

Stupid.. Mutter..Grumble..

toxicraider
06-07-09, 17:07
I completely forgot :jmp:

lararoxs
06-07-09, 17:18
Thanks to whoever made a post in this thread recently and bumped it to the top! I have now just remembered the importance of today's date!:)

Rivendell
06-07-09, 17:48
I love the trailers they're showing at the moment. :D

3wlnDXzQSZw

Explorer
06-07-09, 18:41
I'm more of a fan of The Doctor, but I will be watching ;)

IceColdLaraCroft
06-07-09, 19:36
Torchwood needs to go back to 1982 and rescue D.I. Alex Drake :p

lararoxs
06-07-09, 20:59
Surprise, surprise the Government are behind it again!:rolleyes:

It was really good! I can't wait for tomorrow's episode!:D

Rivendell
06-07-09, 21:03
Spec-bloody-tacular, isn't it, see? :D

Damn, the fact we're being robbed of 8 extra episodes in this series is a crime, if all 5 are going to be that good. Excellent episode, what an ending!

lararoxs
06-07-09, 21:41
Spec-bloody-tacular, isn't it, see? :D

Damn, the fact we're being robbed of 8 extra episodes in this series is a crime, if all 5 are going to be that good. Excellent episode, what an ending!

What was the actual reason given for the week of 5 episodes series?

Rivendell
07-07-09, 07:48
I think every day there's going to be a preview gallery of the Next day, here:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/a163322/gallery-torchwood-children-of-earth-ep-2.html

:D

TRfan23
07-07-09, 10:20
I think it was a great episode, though I missed the first 15 mins of it, so I went onto bbc iPlayer to see the beginning. Did anyone notice at the end of the episode when it was showing parts for today's episode. There was someone screaming, a body with blood all over, I can assume it's Captain Jack.
Also this might be the time when he becomes 'The Face Of Boe' ;)

Nannonxyay
07-07-09, 10:42
I watched it last night, well this morning, at 12am. :eek: I almost woke every one up with my screaming of excitement at almost everything that happened. It was a bloody amazing episode. I was so shocked when that doctor shot Jack. :eek: I wasn't expecting that one. Hopefully the next episodes will be even more awesome. :D

I loved the little humour in it, with Ianto and his sister. That was bloody hilarious. :vlol:

Night Crawler
07-07-09, 18:17
Loved it. Looking forward to tonight's. Gwen's teeth were on top form as per usual. There was one split second shot where they were fully exposed, it was kind of a blink and you'll miss it moment. I wish I had blinked...;)

Lavinder
07-07-09, 20:07
What about her teeth?

jackles
07-07-09, 20:08
What about her teeth?

Yeah I wanted to know that too...all I am doing is staring at teeth now. Very distracting it is too.

Lavinder
07-07-09, 20:58
Yeah I wanted to know that too...all I am doing is staring at teeth now. Very distracting it is too.

Indeed!

TRfan23
07-07-09, 20:59
Yay Captain Jack was naked :D

Great episode, not what I expected. I thought he was gonna be 'The Face Of Boe' for a split sec.

Rivendell
07-07-09, 21:06
:D I did wonder how the heck they were going to get him out of that cement.

It's really bugging me too, what's the woman - the lead mercenary - been in before? :confused:

Lavinder
07-07-09, 21:12
:D I did wonder how the heck they were going to get him out of that cement.

It's really bugging me too, what's the woman - the lead mercenary - been in before? :confused:

I know yeah, I've seen her before...

I'm curious how they're going to run this for another 3 episodes, but it's amazing :D.

Rivendell
07-07-09, 21:13
Ooh, apparently she was in the Resident Evil, Alien vs Predator films, and C4's Dead Set. :D

toxicraider
07-07-09, 21:13
I just love that agent woman, such a cool character! :D

^^
What's her name?

Lavinder
07-07-09, 21:14
Yeah I was just about to say that, checked on IMDB.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0108510/

Rivendell
07-07-09, 21:18
It's Peep Show I recognise her from. I can't picture her in any of those other ones I mentioned!

toxicraider
07-07-09, 21:20
Aha, Casualty and the Bill, thought she looked familiar, thanks for posting :)

Croft, Lara
07-07-09, 21:39
She was in Bad Girls wasn't she?

OMFG!!! When you saw Jack in the cell through the CCTV....you could see his "doodle"!!!!! ZOMG!

Lavinder
07-07-09, 21:46
Indeed! I want to see it again - screenies anyone? Curiosity.

Rivendell
07-07-09, 21:49
She was in Bad Girls wasn't she?

OMFG!!! When you saw Jack in the cell through the CCTV....you could see his "doodle"!!!!! ZOMG!

:vlol:

I advise against the posting of anyone's "doodle". :whi:

Lavinder
07-07-09, 22:00
No, strictly PM's only! ;)

Explorer
07-07-09, 22:55
^ LOL

I was looking at the BBC's Torchwood site and saw there is a 3 part radio play which can be found here (http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/features/torchwood/download), if anyone's interested.

At the time of posting, the first part was still available to download.

TRfan23
08-07-09, 11:19

It's smaller then I thought it'd be :( Unless they purposely edited it?

Check it out on bbc iPlayer ;)

^ Interesting :)

Lavinder
08-07-09, 11:30
It's smaller then I thought it'd be :( Unless they purposely edited it?

Check it out on bbc iPlayer ;)

^ Interesting :)

Well it was not happy stuck naked in a cold set :p.

I'll go look later - I'm in my college library, and however tempted I feel now, i don't want my peers to see also :p.

toxicraider
08-07-09, 11:46
:vlol:

Just wait a few more hours, and it'll be all over the internet :whi:

So, Lois will either die, or join the team, but they still have no medic, or tech wiz. Did anyone else love Tosh? :o

Nannonxyay
08-07-09, 12:26
I love how when Gwen handed Jack the coat, he just slung it over his shoulder instead of wearing it. :D

bloodstormaoa
08-07-09, 13:08
OMG! I'm really liking this series :D Way more than the others....

Joe (Angelus) just pre-ordered this series...and got an e-mail saying it's been dispatched :eek:

It's not supposed to be out until the 27th :D

EDIT: The date's changed to the 13th

Rivendell
08-07-09, 13:21
The Bluray version is only £3 more than the standard DVD! :eek: :jmp:

TRfan23
08-07-09, 13:25
The Bluray version is only £3 more than the standard DVD! :eek: :jmp:

:eek: I might even ask my parents for that version in that case :D

laralover_07
08-07-09, 14:53
Whose are was that? Was it Jack's? Was it the Doctor's?

Is the newly regenerated Jack part time-lord?

Mikky
08-07-09, 16:35
Yeah, I'm really liking it. As anyone from Crystal Dynamics would say, ''It's Epic!'':D

Whose are was that? Was it Jack's? Was it the Doctor's?

Is the newly regenerated Jack part time-lord?

That's sounds very stupid.

laralover_07
08-07-09, 16:53
That's sounds very stupid.

...sorry?

Anyways, Can't wait for Day 3!

LaraCroftRox
08-07-09, 18:12
I watched Season 1 of this, forgot about it and missed Season 2 and now I'm hooked on it again. :D
I'm kinda confused about when this whole Jack/Ianto thing started though XD.
And did Owen and Tosh die?

N00b questions sorry. :p

TRfan23
08-07-09, 18:18
To spoil you for that, yes they died. But Owen's death was something interesting, he came back alive after he first died in series 2, then died again episodes later...

Croft, Lara
08-07-09, 18:20
Owen got shot by Bradford Meade from Ugly Betty. Then cameback to life and got stalked by death and became immortal.

Him and Tosh got together.

Tosh got shot by Jack's brother and died.

Owen got turned into dust by radiation.

Pretty much sums them two up!

Funny thing is....thats all true! Sounds mental!

laralover_07
08-07-09, 18:23
The Jack/Ianto thing was hinted at throughout series one, and was.. discovered? in series two.

LaraCroftRox
08-07-09, 18:24
Owen got shot by Bradford Meade from Ugly Betty. Then cameback to life and got stalked by death and became immortal.

Him and Tosh got together.

Tosh got shot by Jack's brother and died.

Owen got turned into dust by radiation.

Pretty much sums them two up!

Funny thing is....thats all true! Sounds mental!

:vlol::vlol: ^

Thanks. :tmb:

Croft, Lara
08-07-09, 21:02
Thought tonights episode was good but not as good as the other two.

Gutted!

That 456 looks like a big penguin!

jackles
08-07-09, 21:04
I forgot it was on. I am sulking now.

Rivendell
08-07-09, 21:05
Ooh chilling episode! :D

Was anyone else reminded of the Midnight Creature, too? :mis:

BP5JqYEvqJY

It's now done two things in common with this 'thing'. It's possessed voices of other beings, and also mimicked somebody.

Lavinder
08-07-09, 21:09
It's killing me now with suspense!

TRfan23
08-07-09, 21:11
I was expecting to see the monster itself, didn't see it clearly :(
I was hoping it was a monster we already know of, but we don't so...
It was a great episode overall :)

I forgot it was on. I am sulking now.

dw check out bbc iplayer tomorrow. It rocks :D

Oh no it's just about been uploaded :D (http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00lnmm1/Torchwood_Children_of_Earth_Day_Three/)

Rivendell
08-07-09, 21:12
Part of me doesn't want to see what it looks like!
I don't want to risk the ruination of (thus far) greatness by seeing something cheesy. Some of those splatting-squelching SFX have neared it when they sounded like farts, though. :pi:

Super Badnik
08-07-09, 21:13
I just saw this, i haven't been watching though, although i did watch Torchwood. Why does the alien want children?

tlr online
08-07-09, 21:13
I'm a fan of Doctor Who but I've never seen Torchwood. Are they similar?

toxicraider
08-07-09, 21:15
I was expecting to see the monster itself, didn't see it clearly :(

Are we still talking about JB's Doodle? :vlol:

This episode was really suspenseful, although I'm not entirely sure why the government is going along with the aliens at all. :confused:

^^
They are, although Torchwood is much more adult themed, and slightly less cliche.

TRfan23
08-07-09, 21:15

Yes but a more grown up version :)

Swearing, Slight sexual scenes, Mild horror you name it :D

Are we still talking about JB's Doodle? :vlol:

No I was actually on about the monster ;)

Croft, Lara
08-07-09, 21:16
@tronline: Torchwood is a spin off of Doctor Who.

It is essentially the "grown up" Doctor Who. Which just means more sex, violence and swearing! Very niice!

tlr online
08-07-09, 21:16
Torchwood is a time traveller?

jackles
08-07-09, 21:17
dw check out bbc iplayer tomorrow. It rocks :D

Oh no it's just about been uploaded :D (http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00lnmm1/Torchwood_Children_of_Earth_Day_Three/)

Good thinking batman!!!

:D

OOoh shall I watch it now or save it for my teatime viewing....decisions decisions.....

Croft, Lara
08-07-09, 21:17
Maybe not.

They are based in Cardiff!!! and just kinda solve problems there.

TRfan23
08-07-09, 21:18

Kind of, but not really. It mostly and nearly all the time takes place in the present, but they do in it have references to the past. They don't have a time machine of their own there, but there was on episode which I think was in Series one, where they found an Alien piece of technology and it was kind of a time traveler, except it made ghosts appear etc...

toxicraider
No I was actually on about the monster ;)

Yes, I know that! :tea:

Rivendell

Not really. Torchwood used to be more episodic like Who - in a way that each week was a new monster and a mystery. A bit like X Files. A bit silly, lots of language and sex.

Now it's a 5 part, one-week-only ( :( :mad: ) story with a bit more of a serious sci-fi, better-production-quality BBC1 Drama style feel to it.

pneboy
08-07-09, 21:22
ive been watching this on bbc HD, so i thought id start watching the first season on dvd, saw the quality and binned it
its horrible watching something in sd then watching it in HD

Atlantean-Squid
08-07-09, 21:22
Part of me doesn't want to see what it looks like!
I don't want to risk the ruination of (thus far) greatness by seeing something cheesy. Some of those splatting-squelching SFX have neared it when they sounded like farts, though. :pi:

You really think so? I'm personally very dissapointed by how the aliens have been portayed so far. The whole children-standing-still-and-chanting thing just reeks of a low budget. And "we are coming"? Is that really the most threatening thing the writers could think of ? And don't get me started on how they've managed to cover three hours with only one interesting plot point actually happening (Captain Jack and the Torchwood hub being blown up).

TRfan23
08-07-09, 21:25
ive been watching this on bbc HD, so i thought id start watching the first season on dvd, saw the quality and binned it
its horrible watching something in sd then watching it in HD

Couldn't you have got a refund? Instead of chucking it in the bin? Then you could have used that money, with some little more money for maybe the blue ray version if they do that for series 1? Providing you either have a PS3 or a blue ray player... ;)

Yes, I know that! :tea:

Congratulations :hug: :yah:

jackles
08-07-09, 21:26
Actually the 'we are coming' bit amused me greatly...wouldn't you just sneak in without getting a load of kids to announce it to people? Were they hoping they would get a welcoming party together? ;)

Lavinder
08-07-09, 21:26

Nope, a company that deals with Alieny sorts of stuff. The leader being Captain Jack Harkness.

It's really good, trust me. Watch all of the episodes from this little series so far on BBCi :).

Rivendell
08-07-09, 21:28
You really think so? I'm personally very dissapointed by how the aliens have been portayed so far. The whole children-standing-still-and-chanting thing just reeks of a low budget. And "we are coming"? Is that really the most threatening thing the writers could think of ?

They haven't been displayed so far. That's part of the mystery - it's a plot device. Would you rather see this (http://www.tvfodder.com/torchwood/archives/04_torchwood_08_april_2008_web.jpg) again? Or something OTT CGI-y?

And 'We are coming' isn't supposed to be threatening. It's a statement, not a threat.

Lavinder
08-07-09, 21:31
I'd rather no CGI unless they can afford really good CGI :).

tlr online
08-07-09, 21:32
Nope, a company that deals with Alieny sorts of stuff. The leader being Captain Jack Harkness.

It's really good, trust me. Watch all of the episodes from this little series so far on BBCi :).

An endorsement from Lavinder. :p OK. I'm going to watch it on iPlayer.

Lavinder
08-07-09, 21:37
Aha, sorry I sounded so short - watching BB at the same time. Pretty snore full. :p

I think you will enjoy it if you enjoy Doctor Who.

TRfan23
08-07-09, 21:38
I think you will enjoy it if you enjoy Doctor Who.

Yeh but then it causes you to prefer it to doctor who :D

As when I go back to Doctor who, I just think it's so childish after watching so much of torchwood :)
Especially that special Easter Episode.

Rivendell
08-07-09, 21:43
I'd rather no CGI unless they can afford really good CGI :).

Same here.

pneboy
08-07-09, 22:12
Couldn't you have got a refund? Instead of chucking it in the bin? Then you could have used that money, with some little more money for maybe the blue ray version if they do that for series 1? Providing you either have a PS3 or a blue ray player... ;)

Congratulations :hug: :yah:

i bought it when the it first came out on dvd

Atlantean-Squid
09-07-09, 14:28
They haven't been displayed so far. That's part of the mystery - it's a plot device. Would you rather see this (http://www.tvfodder.com/torchwood/archives/04_torchwood_08_april_2008_web.jpg) again? Or something OTT CGI-y?

You don't have to show something's physical form to portray it. The writers are obviously going to want to convey something about the aliens before we've seen them, and in my opinion, this is where they've fallen horribly short. So far, they've had children chanting, the structure in the MI5 building and the whole 1965 thing. None of these plot points are original and they haven't been presented in a particularly interesting way.

And 'We are coming' isn't supposed to be threatening. It's a statement, not a threat.
That's just it - it is supposed to be threatening. The sense of danger has always been the predominant feature of Doctor Who and Torchwood. Even if the aliens themselves aren't malevolent, it still needs to be there in order to excite the audience. In the last Doctor Who special, we see the Doctor being watched by those fly aliens. Even though they aren't doing anything threatening, the way it's shown still adds a feeling of unease.

I do think that the "side story" of the Torchwood team being hunted down has been done extremely well, though - the part where they open the body bag to see Captain Jack's slowly-regenerating carcass being my favourite. If they'd add more gruesome, unusual bits and remove a few of the clichéd parts, the show would be way better.

Rivendell
09-07-09, 21:00
:yik: No waayyy!!! :(

It's like the end of S2 all over again.. I can't believe it!

How the hell are they going to 'save the day' this time? It seems pretty much impossible.

TRfan23
09-07-09, 21:01
Exactly, and I'm dying to find out when the hell does Captain Jack become the bloody 'Face Of Boe'...

Though it was a sad ending I must admit, well especially Jack due to Ianto's death.

Lavinder
09-07-09, 21:01
Why are they killing everyone! :(:(:(

Croft, Lara
09-07-09, 21:02
I really liked tonights episode! Cried so much at "the ending". If ya catch my drift. Don't wanna ruin it for those that haven't seen it.

Rivendell
Exactly, and I'm dying to find out when the hell does Captain Jack become the bloody 'Face Of Boe'...

Probably never, or not for years and years. They're not going to sacrifice one of the main characters of Dw/Tw and turn him into a giant head- it'll probably just be something that is suggested happens to him a long time in the future.

toxicraider
How on earth will they get out of that!? :yik:

Maybe only Jack will survive, and have Weevils to work there instead :whi:

Somehow I get the feeling that their solution will be utterly ridiculous. :p

TRfan23
09-07-09, 21:05
Probably never, or not for years and years. They're not going to sacrifice one of the main characters of Dw/Tw and turn him into a giant head- it'll probably just be something that is suggested happens to him a long time in the future.

Probably, but I hope we get to see the process... It'll be interesting.

My instincts and feelings kept telling me that this was the last series, but I guess that was only because of how they laid out these episodes for this week?

Lavinder
09-07-09, 21:05
I want Ianto to miraculously come back alive! Just 2 members of Torchwood left? Lame :(.

Croft, Lara
09-07-09, 21:06
Is it safe to assume that Lois will take Ianto's job at Torchwood?

She is a secretary and PA after all!

Rivendell
09-07-09, 21:07
I want Ianto to miraculously come back alive! Just 2 members of Torchwood left? Lame :(.

It's not impossible. If there is an 'antivirus' then it might just be a plague that resembles death, but isn't actually death. In which case they could 'revive' from it.

jamieoliver22
09-07-09, 21:07
But Ianto is awesome :( We need both of them...

toxicraider
09-07-09, 21:09
Tosh was the best, I nearly cried my eyes out when she died. :o:(

Lavinder
09-07-09, 21:10
Is it safe to assume that Lois will take Ianto's job at Torchwood?

She is a secretary and PA after all!

She's a tad boring though...

lararoxs
09-07-09, 21:11
I haven't watched tonight's episode yet, I might catch it on i-Player.

Of course my Mum couldn't resist spilling all the gossip of the ending!:rolleyes::(

Ianto is like my favourite, well they all are, but it makes it worse without him!*sniff*

Do you think it was destined to happen? I mean Tosh and Owen got together and look at them!:p

touchthesky
09-07-09, 21:36
My boyfriend is meeting the lady who plays Gwen next week..hes excited.

Shes pregnant!

Lavinder
09-07-09, 21:38
Is she pregnant in real life ?

touchthesky
09-07-09, 21:39
Is she pregnant in real life ?

Yeah, apparently :).

TRfan23
09-07-09, 21:47
My boyfriend is meeting the lady who plays Gwen next week..hes excited.

Shes pregnant!

...With your boyfriends baby... dun dun dun :whi: :p

LaraCroftRox
10-07-09, 09:46
*Cries* Ianto. :(

Nannonxyay
10-07-09, 10:21
I've never cried so much in my life at a TV show. I can't believe they killed off Ianto. He was my favourite character and all. My mum was doing a sodoku across the room, and she looked at to see me bawling my eyes out and she looked at me like I was mad. It was like, the most heartbreaking scene in a TV show I've ever seen. :( I'm hoping they'll bring him back somehow, but that probably won't happen. :p I mean, didn't Owen die but was still alive? I can't remember.

Lavinder
10-07-09, 13:18
They can't kill every original member without it annoying people - I think that they will make a deal and somehow bring everyone back to life! I hope!

Is it 9 yet?

TRfan23
10-07-09, 14:16
They can't kill every original member without it annoying people - I think that they will make a deal and somehow bring everyone back to life! I hope!

Is it 9 yet?

No clocks go forward today, dono why, it's now 11PM considering I'm an hour late in replying ;) :p

You missed it, I saw it, but can't remember what happens. I'll probs remember when it's on again at 9 tonight ;) :p

CuteKittenlol
10-07-09, 14:17
NOT HAPPY.

They better bring Ianto back or i really will be marching down and having words with the BBC and Russel whats-his-face..Davis (his name doesnt deserve to be remembered or spelled correctly incase i spelled it wrong, lol)? >=[ :p

But seriously that was stupid and i don't see the point, it was bad enough killing Owen and Tosh at the same time, but then killing Ianto aswell..wtf.

Croft, Lara
10-07-09, 14:29
Anyone else notice that Jack and Ianto's eyelines didn't match when Ianto was dying?

REASON: John Barrowman was looking at [insert actor playing Ianto's name here]!!! Apparently a lot of stage actors do this when filming an emotional scene.

Lovely bit of trivia for ya right there!

TRfan23
10-07-09, 14:46
Anyone else notice that Jack and Ianto's eyelines didn't match when Ianto was dying?

REASON: John Barrowman was looking at [insert actor playing Ianto's name here]!!! Apparently a lot of stage actors do this when filming an emotional scene.

Lovely bit of trivia for ya right there!

Eh? But your saying that the reason why their eyelines didn't match, was because he was looking at him??? :confused:

Lavinder
10-07-09, 15:24
No clocks go forward today, dono why, it's now 11PM considering I'm an hour late in replying ;) :p

You missed it, I saw it, but can't remember what happens. I'll probs remember when it's on again at 9 tonight ;) :p

I was joking - it's a thing that fans do :p.

Eh? But your saying that the reason why their eyelines didn't match, was because he was looking at him??? :confused:

Yeah, I'm confused as to what you mean too?

TRfan23
10-07-09, 15:26

Yeh I know you were... Fans do? I don't, I just sit and wait since I have quite a lot of patience from time to time :)

woody543
10-07-09, 17:33

Yeah, I'm confused as to what you mean too?

I think he missed out a bit of text, he was probably looking at his forehead or something

TRfan23
10-07-09, 20:59
It was great. Is there gonna be another series?

I found the part when the children were doing opera quite amusing... ;)

LaraCroftRox
10-07-09, 21:01
Just saw the new episode. Ianto's still dead :(:(:( I was hoping they'd bring him back to life or something..it is sci-fi after all. :(:(
By the looks of the ending, I guess that's the last season?

Rivendell
10-07-09, 21:02
Wow, frickin' wow. Fantastic series, loved every moment.
That episode had me in tears for the first time, when they were raiding houses and stealing children from the parents, it was heartbreaking to watch. Plus, it actually made me hate Jack. His own grandson. Wow.

I wish it was 13 episodes!
Can't wait for S4. They have to do one - Jack vanished at the end of S1, so the end of S3 meant nothing as far as continuing the series.

laralover_07
10-07-09, 21:02
I guess that's it.

What the hell is Russell T. Davies doing then? Giving up Doctor Who and apparently ending Torchwood. If he puts his focus in The Sarah-Jane Adventures...

I sure hope so Riv. But Gwen's a mum now.

Rivendell
10-07-09, 21:03
As I said, Jack vanished at the end of S1 as well, so it means nothing as far as continuing the series is concerned. Plus this series has had fantastic viewing ratings - the BBC aren't going to let it go.

toxicraider
10-07-09, 21:04
Aw, why do good endings always have to be sad, the part with Steven/Stephen was heartbreaking. :(

laralover_07
True that.

Amazing series. Bravo.

Lavinder
They'lle probably try to re-invent it with a ****ty new set of actors. :(:(

laralover_07
10-07-09, 21:06

...Mickey...

What they should do is go back and film the books and audioplays. More of the current cast, plus Owen and Tosh. And Ianto.

I do hope Lois comes back. I liked her, especially in the whole takedown scene.

Rivendell
10-07-09, 21:06
I wish they kept Martha!
And whatsisface, Spike from Buffy.
So long as Gwen's in it, maybe it'll be like a later X-Files series. Scully looking for Mulder / Gwen looking for Jack.

They could easily take it into space.

woody543
10-07-09, 21:08
That was a fantastic end, but the episode was sooo haunting... right from the begining.

It was just fantasticly done aswell.

Super Badnik
10-07-09, 21:09
Ah, that poor kid. Although i actually laughed when he started opera singing:p

TRfan23
10-07-09, 21:10
I wish they kept Martha!
And whatsisface, Spike from Buffy.
So long as Gwen's in it, maybe it'll be like a later X-Files series. Scully looking for Mulder / Gwen looking for Jack.

They could easily take it into space.

Gwen steals the Doctors TARDIS in search for Captain Jack Harkness

Make a great 13 episode series XD

That's a good thing, Torchwood's base could be in space from now on?

FinalRequiem
I loved it, but the ending left me a bit dubious.
I'm hoping Russel T Davies isnt letting go of both Doctor Who AND Torchwood.

My only hope at the moment is that John Barrowman's upcoming appearance in Doctor Who. I'm hoping his inter-galactic running is put to an end by some inspirational speech on the Doctor's part :p

I'm so hoping for a Series 4. CoE Pulled about 5-6 million viewers, which is much higher than series 1 and 2. Surely Jack and Gwen can pull together another team - Lois seemed more than competent, and a future job was hinted at after all.

Lavinder
The story is brilliant, and shows a lot of home truths about how people will act to save themselves. But in this state of world, we need feel-good episodes :(.

LaraCroftRox
10-07-09, 21:24
Am I the only person who doesn't like Lois? :p

*Goes off to mourn the loss of Ianto again*

Lavinder
10-07-09, 21:28
Am I the only person who doesn't like Lois? :p

*Goes off to mourn the loss of Ianto again*

Lois is **** - she is the stereotypical black woman that is in all of BBC's dramas! Booooooooooring.

laralover_07
10-07-09, 21:32
Lois is **** - she is the stereotypical black woman that is in all of BBC's dramas! Booooooooooring.

But you have to love her when she stood up in thames house.

I feel torchwood shouldn't move into outer space. I love it because it's set on earth, so it's believeable to an extent. It's gritty, down to earth, and welsh. I hope it stays that way.

Archetype
10-07-09, 21:36

That's the BBC's commitment to ethnic diversity.

I've been watching a few episodes, gonna watch the rest tomorrow. There's a few cheesy bits.. bad firearms training to, but other than that it's actually better than I thought it would be.

Rivendell
10-07-09, 21:42
I'm still reeling from that episode.
Frobisher (sp? You know the guy) - that was incredibly sad.

Then Jack .. Damn, I .. that's just .. his own grandchild..
His poor daughter.
:(

adventurerLara
10-07-09, 21:44
This series, especially the last episode, was very hard-hitting indeed.

scion89
10-07-09, 22:08
I thought this was the best series ever and I really hope a fourth series is made - once Jack sorts himself out.

I also know exactly where Frobisher's house is - I've driven past it soooooo many times and thought "That is a nice house" , it's in one of the branch streets of the "Most Expensive Street In Britain" - Cyncoed (pron. kin-coyd) Road on the Cyncoed side of Roath Park in Cardiff which, might I add, is a really posh and expensive area, it's full of mansions!!

The one thing I dont like about Doctor Who and Torchwood is when they use Cardiff as a substitute for London because for me as someone who lives just outside of Cardiff and as someone who goes to Cardiff every few weeks for a night out, its annoying to see a place so recognisable to me being called something else, e.g. the River Taff being called the Thames.

p.s. sorry for this mini-essay but I couldnt help myself.

woody543
10-07-09, 22:11
The one thing I dont like about Doctor Who and Torchwood is when they use Cardiff as a substitute for London because for me as someone who lives just outside of Cardiff and as someone who goes to Cardiff every few weeks for a night out, its annoying to see a place so recognisable to me being called something else, e.g. the River Taff being called the Thames.

p.s. sorry for this mini-essay but I couldnt help myself.

I know what you mean, although Torchwood is primarily set in cardif so it doesn't matter as much. Dr Who however i can see your issue.

Nannonxyay
11-07-09, 11:24
Woah. That was a really emotional episode. I felt so bad for Jack's daughter. But I guesse it was the only way. And bless at the six months later thing. I love Gwen and Reece. I think they're so cute together, bless them. :) I'm still devastated over Ianto, though. :(

Tombraider95
11-07-09, 19:00

Me and mum my were thinking if that Woman who wanted to kill them and helped them in the end would join the team, aswell as that woman who worked for the goverment who recorded everything! Also Mickey And martha would be good :D

toxicraider
11-07-09, 19:03
Me and mum my were thinking if that Woman who wanted to kill them and helped them in the end would join the team, aswell as that woman who worked for the goverment who recorded everything! Also Mickey And martha would be good :D

Is Mickey that crazy nerd guy, from the last Doctor Who episode?
Edit; No, Rose's ex? :o

I was also hoping the agent woman could join, but seeing as she never gave her name, it's unlikely they would develop a character out of her. I think her impersonality was what I liked about her, and might be ruined by developing her character. :).

TRfan23
11-07-09, 19:04

Not Micky he's a right twatty wimp :(
Actually wasn't he getting more aggressive and brave?

Lavinder
11-07-09, 19:05

Ewwww.

Tombraider95
11-07-09, 19:07
Captain Jack Harkness
Gwen Cooper
Mikey Smith
Marth Jones
Lois Habiba
Johnson <-- Woman Who wanted them dead!

Plus Yes Mickey Has Become More brave!

lararoxs
12-07-09, 13:33
In case anyone is interested, here is an article published before Children of Earth was aired, with Davies stating that:

Davies said he has the fourth season mapped out already, and likely could go another six years beyond that. While it would be typical parlance to say that depends on whether or not the remaining actors will stick around,

If and when BBC decides to order a fourth season of "Torchwood," executive producer Russell T. Davies says he'll be ready to go.

Read it here (http://www.airlockalpha.com/node/6436)

Rivendell
13-11-09, 10:38
I'm bringing this thread back because...

Torchwood Series 4 in the works! (http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/s8/torchwood/news/a186616/russell-t-davies-planning-torchwood-4.html)

:yah:

Chocola teapot
13-11-09, 10:43

Torchwood Series 4 in the works! (http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/s8/torchwood/news/a186616/russell-t-davies-planning-torchwood-4.html)

Aiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii, AIIIIIIIIIIIIIII AIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII AAAAAAAAAAAAAH! *Squeal*

Haleluja! :jmp::jmp::jmp:

Tomb-Dude
13-11-09, 12:56

OMG NO WAY!

But? Gwen... baby...??!?!?! Jack... Gone?!?! O_o

Oh well, I can't wait :jmp:

Rai
13-11-09, 14:06
I only just got around to watching the Children of Earth episodes a couple of week ago. I was extremely impressed as I always am with Torchwood. It never fails to deliver in suspense and excellent storytelling.

Now I can't wait for series 4! Great news it'll be back. Thanks Rivendell for sharing.

:jmp:

LaraCroftRox
13-11-09, 18:01

Oh yay it's the Gwen-and-Jack show. :\