PDA

View Full Version : Hey, Help me please!!!

Channy Tellie
14-02-09, 16:12
Right; I need to get into the mood for writing a piece of music but I've got nothing to theme the emotion of the composition on.

I want anybody to put Lara into any given situation (Made up or you give me a situation actually from the games) so that I can try create some music to go with the situation and set the theme of the music.

It doesn't matter whether it's sad, happy or whatever I just badly need some inspiration and I thought I'd put it on here to see what came up and I'm hoping for it to give me a bit of luck as well (:

Or if you have any other situations and theme suggestions I will really appreciate it!

MattTR
14-02-09, 16:18
That's sweet. :D

Well.. I used to play Tomb Raider a lot when I had a lot of stress and frustration a lot, as a long time fan of the franchise, ever since TR1, I used to play Tomb Raider for hours on end when I was going through some really tough times, it not only takes your mind off of things, but it helps you relieve stress and train your mind, especially the classics.

Hope I helped a little, but that's a little bit from me. :hug:

Now I'm still hooked, not as much, but I'll love Lara forever. :D

rickybazire
14-02-09, 17:01
Lol, someone else who wants to write compositions :D. I write loads, currently have 78 small songs in the bag.

What I like to do is just write down what comes from within. If you write that down and it doesn't work, then just alter it a bit, something you like will come.

As for emotions, just think about a situation that's either happy or sad recently or today, and just think of that when writing.

Channy Tellie
14-02-09, 17:35
^-^

I'm debating on playing every game till my eyes pop out to listen to the music and get inspiration.

But any ideas would be appreciated and I'll dedicate it to the forum when I perform it!! ^_^

laralover_07
14-02-09, 17:36
Here's an Idea for you:

Lara enters a tomb and finds the artefact she is looking for. Lifting the item sets off a trap and she has little time to escape, but does.

Clichéd, I know but you could get alot from it. Mystery, Drama, Tension...

:D

Channy Tellie
14-02-09, 21:08
Here's an Idea for you:

Lara enters a tomb and finds the artefact she is looking for. Lifting the item sets off a trap and she has little time to escape, but does.

Clichéd, I know but you could get alot from it. Mystery, Drama, Tension...

:D

I was just playing around with a few sounds and some of them suited it perfectly (That you get a honky tonk which serves no purpose!)

laralover_07
14-02-09, 21:24
I was just playing around with a few sounds and some of them suited it perfectly (That you get a honky tonk which serves no purpose!)

Honky Tonks are full of win. Please upload it when you're finished. I'd love to hear it.

Biddy
14-02-09, 21:31
I'm a bit stuck for thought but how about the dog chase scene in Angel of Darkness? Only more fast-paced and intense...I think you could write a great comp out of that. :D

spikejones
14-02-09, 21:39
teleportation to situation commencing in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1:

As Lara exits the archaelogical dig (aka "tomb") in a high altitude mountain range, her only means of transport back down the mountain is via the snowboard which her trusty crew was so kind as to drop her off with. There it is waiting for her at the cave exit, she straps it on. Just as she begins her descent - enemies begin attacking from the ledge above. Her instincts of "fight or flight" kick in, but as she is already strapped in to the board and descending the mountain she only has the chance to fire off a few rounds before being forced to high tail it down the rugged mountain face, dodging enemy fire from behind. She would risk death to fire back at the oncoming horde of evil minions, so she must focus only on what is in front of her. Various perils await her, one wrong move could prove to be fatal. At one point she triggers an avalanche which forces her onward movement to become faster and faster. Felled trees block the path which she must jump over lest she become buried under 20 feet of snow. Onwards she races till she reaches a chasm... as she nears it she hears an ungodly screech bellowing up from within. She has awakened the beast!! Her adrenaline kicks in and the sights narrow ... its now or never that she must take the shot... if her timing off in the least it spells certain doom. She hits the beast dead in the eye, causing it to drop back into the depths from which it came. And not a second too soon for now Lara is upon the edge of the chasm and must make the largest leap of faith she has made in her life...

But no... the gap is too far!! She wont make it!! She's going to come up too short!! But wait... what is that? Yes, thats it!! Hope is not lost after-all! With only a second to spare she pulls out the trusty grapple, makes the connection, and swings into an alcove on the side of the cliff. Slightly worse for the wear, but safe. For the moment anyways..........

---------

thoughts on that?
what would YOU like to see lara do that she has never done before??

Channy Tellie
15-02-09, 16:42
Oh wow, this is magnificent!
I have plenty to base it on.

And I will upload it (If I ever figure out how!) onto here. It should just take a few weeks however because I only have certain times I can do it at, and currently it's the half term break which means I can't work on it properly for a week (That sucks)

So in the mean time I thought I'd get as many ideas as possible to frame my mind on and focus.

All these ideas are better than my original idea to base it on ... a funeral.

laralover_07
15-02-09, 17:05
All these ideas are better than my original idea to base it on ... a funeral.

You were going to re-write the funeral march weren't you?

Channy Tellie
15-02-09, 17:34
You were going to re-write the funeral march weren't you?

Not exactly.

But I listened to Videotape by Radiohead and it just made me think of funerals all the time, especially the piano. So I sat down at my piano and everything I made sounded like it belonged at a funeral!

Oh dear haha.