PDA

View Full Version : Are you the WILD type ?

ShadyCroft
14-02-09, 20:27
So I thought this might be a fun thread to do, to share our WILD and crazy experiences from around the world.

I just watched an episode of the reality tv show, The Amazing Race. Basically, 12 or 11 teams of 2 race around the world for a 1000000 $.

In this episode, teams went to Auckland, New Zealand and they encountered 2 WILD tasks. One of them was water sledging which is going down a river course only on a sledge.

http://www.freshwatersurfing.net/riversledge.jpg/riversledge-full.jpg

And another one (I'd SOOOO do it ! Looked like fun), take a ride down a hill in a ZORB.
http://blogs.bootsnall.com/Leaott/files/2007/08/zorb.jpg

Have you ever done any thing like that ? Bungee jumping, etc ? Would you do it ? Do you know any other strange wild activities out there ?

Now, am aware there's a possibility that no one has done anything like this...

But I'd sooooooooooo do the ZORB thing..:jmp::jmp:

Jo269976
14-02-09, 20:28
Dear Santa.

I want a ZORB.

:cln:

ShadyCroft
14-02-09, 20:43
I KNOW ! :cln: I want a ZORB too.

spikejones
14-02-09, 20:43
Ever watch MXC? X-Games?
yes... I do some wild stuff. unfortunately not too many pics of me doing them as the family accompanies me not on most of those occasions. Anyhow, Picture of me surfing in crummy east coast conditions:

http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo279/stryderjones/surf.png

ShadyCroft
14-02-09, 20:47
Ever watch MXC? X-Games?
yes... I do some wild stuff. unfortunately not too many pics of me doing them as the family accompanies me not on most of those occasions. Anyhow, Picture of me surfing in crummy east coast conditions:

No, unfortunately, I haven't.

Surfing, huh ? That's cool ! But I bet its way scarier than the ZORB or the sledge. You just stand on 2 feet.

spikejones
14-02-09, 20:55
surfing is FUN!! harnessing the power of nature for a bodacious ride and some radical tubage - what could be more fun?

anyhow, just remembered I had an old facebook account I never check on and I had posted a few pics on there:
Here's some tubing behind the ski boat:
http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo279/stryderjones/n743235789_88751_601.jpg

http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo279/stryderjones/n743235789_88750_271.jpg

And here's some pics of me on a couple coasters at carowinds:
http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo279/stryderjones/coaster.jpg
^that one (I forget the name) has some water dumpers so you can soak the crowd on the ground when you press a button. Bombs away!! I actually soaked the camera man right after he took that pic ;)

The BORG Assimilator (aka Night Hawk)
http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo279/stryderjones/borg.jpg
You can just barely see me on the second "car" from the bottom. Awesome ride that was!!

ShadyCroft
14-02-09, 21:06
Still not sure about the surfing. :o I definitely don't safe with only my feet. lol!

But the coasters I'd take any time. :D

This one looks cool....
http://picdit.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/amazing-roller-coaster-picture.jpg
though I wonder if it's real.

spikejones
14-02-09, 21:12
it certainly looks photo shopped to me. I don't think those angles are realistic for the support beams.

The anaconda is real though:
LDrgbtv-_5Y
WARNING: Turn speakers way down. Annoying screaming!

Lavinder
14-02-09, 21:22
You could say I'm wild :mis:.

Punaxe
14-02-09, 21:30
Not really wild, no, but here's an old picture of my trying to put up an act of philosophizing in a rollercoaster.

http://files.noctifer.net/007.jpg

spikejones
14-02-09, 21:32
^ are you the pointer, the thinker, or the screaming mouth coverer?

Punaxe
14-02-09, 21:33
^ are you the pointer, the thinker, or the screaming mouth coverer?

The thinker :p The others are the rest of the group. There was nobody in the park that day, we could go again and again and again...

oocladableeblah
14-02-09, 21:36
I have, but I don't regularly though. I wanna try a zorb and I wanna go bungee jumping really badly.
I have swung on a random rope in a tree that makes you go swinging over this small canyon creek. Yes we tested it first :p I love going hiking and just going into caves if that counts. I've gone Kayaking, white water rafting, and I love roller coasters.

spikejones
14-02-09, 21:44
I've not done any bungee jumping or skydiving either, but I've done some hiking, rock climbing, rappelling, white water rafting, camping, etc.. outdoor sports PWN video games. :tmb:

raiderfun
14-02-09, 21:44
@spikejones : Haha, that looks so fun, in which city is it ? Orlando ? :)

spikejones
14-02-09, 21:59
in what city is what?

-Carowinds (where the BORG is located) is near the North/South Carolina border
-The Anaconda is at Kings Dominion (yet another one of Paramount's parks) and that is around to the Virginia/North Carolina border.

When you say Orlando, the first thing that pops into my mind is Disney World - which is actually (afaik) located in Kissime. (but this city is lesser known than Orlando, so every just says that Disney is in Orlando.)

as far as thrill rides go, Disney is for the loose. They concentrate too much on Epcot and kiddie rides. They are after all a company which caters to the kids. There's only just a few good rides for the thrill seekers at Disney.

Six Flags I've not been to any of their locations

Unviersal Studios Islands of Adventure is awesome with the Incredible Hulk and Dueling Dragons.

But by far, out of all the coasters I have ridden, I would have to say that Carowinds has the best.

lararoxs
14-02-09, 22:01
I would do all the thing you mentioned. bungee jumping, jumping out of a plane, ZORBing, etc.
I always go on the huge rollercoasters!:cln: I have also done quite alot of downhill/ racing type skiing!:D It was soo awsome!:D

So yeah, I would say I have a wild side!:p

raiderfun
14-02-09, 22:11
Sorry, forgot to mention "Anaconda" :p

The Carowinds look so sensational and breathtaking, I wish I could try them :D

I remember, it was 4 years ago, a dutsh entertainement company has brought many of great games here, but one had impressed me, I didn't try it, I was too scared and did also not have the minimal age. The two inside had their reactions recorded and diffused to all the audience outside. It looked like this :D

http://i44.************/10pbwur.jpg

lararoxs
14-02-09, 22:16
^ I wanted to go on one of those!:tmb: But the minimum age was 16:p

spikejones
14-02-09, 22:16
yes... the bungee swing!! I soooo wanted to do that at Adventure Landing (right here in Raleigh, North Carolina) but everyone I asked was too scared to go on it with me. :(

The have a system to record your faces while you are on it, and you can buy the tape afterwards if you so desire :tmb:

lararoxs
14-02-09, 22:18
yes... the bungee swing!! I soooo wanted to do that at Adventure Landing (right here in Raleigh, North Carolina) but everyone I asked was too scared to go on it with me. :(

The have a system to record your faces while you are on it, and you can buy the tape afterwards if you so desire :tmb:

Yeah, they also have camera men on the ground so they catch how far up you actually get! I really want to go on a rollercoaster or something like that now...:p

tomblover
14-02-09, 22:19
I went on a ****ing crazy rollercoaster ride once. I screamed my head off. :vlol:

lararoxs
14-02-09, 22:23
^:vlol:
Was it good fun though?;)

raiderfun
14-02-09, 22:23
^ I wanted to go on one of those!:tmb: But the minimum age was 16:p

Yeah, it was 16 here too, but I was barely 12 at that time :o

It looks very dangerous, when they brought those games in Morocco, I heard one guy had a heart attack right after the launch, I don't know if it's real though, but that doesn't surprise me.

lararoxs
14-02-09, 22:25
I was 13 so it must appeal to that age group!:o

:eek: A heart attack!? Woah! Hmm... I'm having second thoughts.:p

tomblover
14-02-09, 22:31
^:vlol:
Was it good fun though?;) Yeah, it was awesome! :D

lararoxs
14-02-09, 22:32
Yeah, it was awesome! :D

:D you always go on something, scare yourself sily and then want to go on it again! Ah... Adrenaline rush!:)

raiderfun
14-02-09, 22:34
I was 13 so it must appeal to that age group!:o

:eek: A heart attack!? Woah! Hmm... I'm having second thoughts.:p

They also advice against people have are weak, have problems with their heart, pregnant women, etc. And I think this ride deserves to be forbidden for those who are under the age of 16, it looks hazardous :o

tomblover
14-02-09, 22:34
:D you always go on something, scare yourself sily and then want to go on it again! Ah... Adrenaline rush!:) That was basically it. :p

I wanted to go again but I was still too frightened/in shock. :vlol:

I'm going there again sometime this year. Gonna ride it again. xD

lararoxs
14-02-09, 22:41
They also advice against people have are weak, have problems with their heart, pregnant women, etc. And I think this ride deserves to be forbidden for those who are under the age of 16, it looks hazardous :o

Yeah, I think thats for the best!:p I dont think anyone in their right mind who was pregnant would do that!:o Hazardous! It looks lethal!:o

That was basically it. :p

I wanted to go again but I was still too frightened/in shock. :vlol:

I'm going there again sometime this year. Gonna ride it again. xD

I used to be an absolute freak. I hated rollercoasters and rides. I love 'em now though, like you, I scared myself untill my system got used to it:p

I also went back and did all the rides I was to afraid to do before and they were a peice of cake!:D

oocladableeblah
14-02-09, 22:43
Oh they had this thing, I think it was at six flags and you would lay on your stomach on this tarp (it's not a tarp, but just to give you the picture idk what it is called). It was attached to this rope and they would raise you up and release you and you would just basically swing. It looked like they almost hit the roof of the building where they operate it, but it was really high up and I wanna try that, maybe I will next time I go and if it's not too crowded and if my friends are willing to do it.

That bungee swing looked awesome, I'll go on it with you Spikey :p

tomblover
14-02-09, 23:00
I used to be an absolute freak. I hated rollercoasters and rides. I love 'em now though, like you, I scared myself untill my system got used to it:p

I also went back and did all the rides I was to afraid to do before and they were a peice of cake!:D I like rollercoasters. If I can muster up the mental strength to dare ride them. :p

spikejones
14-02-09, 23:12
well.. just think - everyone else walked away from it right?
how many times do you hear of a roller coaster jumping the track? can't say as I've ever heard of it. Those things get safety tested before they ever get put into commission for one, and as well they do a full inspection everyday before opening the ride.

lararoxs
14-02-09, 23:28
I like rollercoasters. If I can muster up the mental strength to dare ride them. :p

Definatly!:tmb: Mental strength is quite hard to come by really, when your put in that position. Worst case scenarios pop into your head!:p

well.. just think - everyone else walked away from it right?
how many times do you hear of a roller coaster jumping the track? can't say as I've ever heard of it. Those things get safety tested before they ever get put into commission for one, and as well they do a full inspection everyday before opening the ride.

Final Destination 3 dude. Final Destination 3.:cool:

I kid. I know exactly what you mean though.

tomblover
14-02-09, 23:31
Definatly!:tmb: Mental strength is quite hard to come by really, when your put in that position. Worst case scenarios pop into your head!:p
Oh, that's me in a nutshell! :vlol:

lararoxs
14-02-09, 23:35
Oh, that's me in a nutshell! :vlol:

:vlol:
I get that quite alot!

My sister said to me when we were on a plane
"Rebecca, What happens if there is a terrorist on our plane?"

I was like :yik: Be Quiet!

spikejones
14-02-09, 23:38
^you beat them up:D

tomblover
14-02-09, 23:48
I get that quite alot!

My sister said to me when we were on a plane
"Rebecca, What happens if there is a terrorist on our plane?"

I was like :yik: Be Quiet!

:vlol: ROFL! :vlol:

lararoxs
15-02-09, 00:02
^you beat them up:D

Could use some of those kickboxing moves I know!:p

ROFL! :vlol:

Sister's eh? She then told me off for reading my book before we took off incase it interfiered with the engines?!:confused:

The wild and crazy things I put up with...

-DaNnEe..
15-02-09, 00:10
^ OMFG! :vlol:

Nefertiti_89
15-02-09, 01:10
I've zorbed, skydived, kite surfed, and wakeboarded before theyre all awesome fun! :jmp::jmp:

The best thing about a zorb though is that you can have stuff added into it like water, or mud, or bubbles its soo cool I had mud in mine :D

spikejones
15-02-09, 01:51
that zorb reminds me of this movie:
NJ7a9lMSwL8

Ikas90
15-02-09, 02:14
I'd love to do many of those wild things. Haven't done many though. I've done giant swings and leaps of faith.

I'd absolutely love to do skydiving.

Nefertiti_89
15-02-09, 03:29
^ Oi Saki, come on up to Surfers and we'll zorb, skydive, and go to infinity (provided we survive the first two)! :D

spikejones
15-02-09, 03:37
to infinity and beyond!!

Ikas90
15-02-09, 03:38
Hahaha, well I'll definitely accept that invite. :D (provided you'll be responsible if I die :p)

I wonder what the zorb is like. Would make you damn dizzy lol.

Nefertiti_89
15-02-09, 03:39
Lol its the coolest place ever. Clicky (http://www.infinitygc.com.au/about-infinity.html) :D:D:D

spikejones
15-02-09, 03:58
looks like a mescaline trip :yik:

Nefertiti_89
15-02-09, 04:04
Its the coolest place ever! :D

Best room is the one with all the hands, its soooo creepy!

silver_wolf
15-02-09, 04:18
thread made me think of "the wild and crazy guys!" :D

lararoxs
15-02-09, 15:15
^ OMFG! :vlol:

Yeah, thats what I have to put up with:p:D

Forwen
15-02-09, 15:37
Am I wild? Nah, I'm so dull that if I was participating in a competition for the World's Dullest Individual I wouldn't mentally cope with excitement.

Lee croft
15-02-09, 15:40
some might take the title the wrong way!!!..... :pi:

nickless
15-02-09, 17:27
me wants ZORB :cln:

i don't have piccies but i too enjoy places like disneyland myself.and i scare the crap out of my mum when i go on a ride :D

digitizedboy
15-02-09, 17:30
Yep, I'll have to Zorb down a hill, bungee, or even go paragliding sometime. I mean what the heck, we only live once right?

Benguitar
15-02-09, 17:54
Hmm, wild not really. But I am not a coward.

I will do, "extreme things" but I always try to think them through before I actually do them.

AODdigger
15-02-09, 18:28
Ooooh! In that way... :p

Well, I used to be a free runner. Not anymore though, I fell on my head and had a little brain damage :p Most guys don't give up so easily, but I'm not them.