PDA

View Full Version : Jade Goody 'has months to live'

Neteru
15-02-09, 19:37
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/45475000/jpg/_45475836_untitled.jpg

Jade Goody has been told she has only months to live, her publicist Max Clifford has said.

Mr Clifford said doctors at the Royal Marsden Hospital in London broke the news to the former reality television star on Friday. The mother-of-two is now getting her affairs in order and making plans for her sons' future, he added.

Last week Goody underwent a successful operation to remove a cancerous tumour from her bowel. Mr Clifford said: "She was aware that the cancer had spread but they said unfortunately it was a question now of when rather than if and when she pressed them as to how long she'd got, they said 'months'."

The 27-year-old learned last week that cervical cancer diagnosed in 2008 had spread to her bowel, liver and groin. Mr Clifford said her family were trying to cope after finding out her cancer had become terminal.

He also said Goody's boyfriend Jack Tweed had proposed to her in hospital after receiving the news. "It's been very difficult for Jack, he proposed to her yesterday and they are going to be getting married as soon as possible," said Mr Clifford. "Both boys are going to be christened also, Jade is taking control of the situation. She's being incredibly brave and positive about all of this."

Full story bbc.co.uk (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7890002.stm).

Bless her.

viper456
15-02-09, 19:39
That is SO sad!! :( Honestly I wouldn't wish this on anyone. Shes only 27 what sort of age is that!? I feel for her kids and family too.

Larapink
This is upsetting because she is a strong women, with what she has been through.

jackles
You know what makes me sad is that she kept going back to the doctors because she was ill and yet nothing. She could have been saved. I feel deeply sorry for the woman who loves those kids and has had a crappy life.

I get upset everytime I see her in the papers...next to a story about Jordan fussing about botox going wrong. *rolls eyes*

Carbonek_0051
15-02-09, 19:42
You know what makes me sad is that she kept going back to the doctors because she was ill and yet nothing. She could have been saved. I feel deeply sorry for the woman who loves those kids and has had a crappy life. That has happened alot with my family members here.:(

That's horrible, I feel for and her family.:(

My blessings with them.

Lee croft
15-02-09, 19:43
i heard about this some people think she's lying and has just shaved her head i personaly belive jade!! you just dont lie about something like this!! and i dont belive she would i wouldnt wish this on my worst enemy!!

Joely-Moley
15-02-09, 19:47
Thatís tragic. I never liked her in the slightest but I wished her all the best.

Iíve heard people say this is karma for that racist scandal and that makes me sick! No one deserves this!

Cancer scares me so much, sheís so young as well. :(

Pan
15-02-09, 19:47
So, so sad, must be terrible to have to sort out your affairs like that preparing for something like that :(

toxicraider
15-02-09, 19:48
I also heard people joking, and said she deserved it. Yet nobody could possibly deserve anything as horrendous as what she is suffering, my deepest sympathies go to her and her family :(

Such a horrible thing :(

Lew
15-02-09, 19:49
this is actually so sad :(

Biddy
15-02-09, 19:49
Bless her. I truly admire her for her bravery.

Lavinder
15-02-09, 19:50
Makes me feel like crying - I feel like I know her after watching her on TV all the time and Big Brother. And even though she was a bit thick and upfront, I believe that she does not deserve any of this - neither does her children or fiancťe :(.

Feather Duster
15-02-09, 19:53
Bless her

Nobody deserves this at all :(

corey01
15-02-09, 19:53
bless her, thats awful news:(

Love2Raid
15-02-09, 19:54
A woman dying of cervical cancer in the western world in 2009, it's INSANE. :eek:

Sad, even though I don't like her (the only thing about her I know is that she called an Indian actress in the Big Brother House a 'dog', so I am extremely biased), nobody deserves this. And so young too.

*laralover*
15-02-09, 19:55
This is horrible....She doesnt deserve this :( Poor family too...

amiro1989
15-02-09, 19:55
I'm so sad for her.

I've been following her story for months now, and I hoped something like this wouldn't happen. :(

Lavinder
15-02-09, 19:57
Jade did not call her a dog :) - it was the other girl.

xMiSsCrOfTx
15-02-09, 19:58
No one deserves anything like this. That's really sad. I've never heard of her before this.

TRhalloween
15-02-09, 20:03
I'm devastated. She must be feeling the worst right now.

Agent 47
15-02-09, 20:03
i won't lie and become a hypocrite, i can't stand the woman. however..... i do feel sorry for the kids though who'll loose a mother at a relatively young age. it'll be hard for them.

Joely-Moley
15-02-09, 20:08
i won't lie and become a hypocrite, i can't stand the woman. however..... i do feel sorry for the kids though who'll loose a mother at a relatively young age. it'll be hard for them.

Defiantly, I lost my mom to cancer when I was 16, as hard as that was I understood what was going on.
They are just so young to realize whatís happening, itís horrible.

Dark Lugia 2
15-02-09, 20:17
I dont have a problem with the woman, I feel so bad for her :( It must be hell to go through - knowing you only have some time left alive, best wishes to her family and her

Nannonxyay
15-02-09, 20:18
I don't really give a flying **** about what she's done in her past. It's terrible for anyone to think a human being who hasn't inflicted any physical harm on anyone else deserves such a terrible illness. I really feel sorry for her sons, who won't grow old enough to see their mum get old, and vice-versa. It's just, horrible. My dad told me about how he lost his mum at the young age of 16, imagine these poor kids. They're about 7-9? It's horrible. :(

And it makes me even more upset that the hardest part of it for her, isn't the illness itself, but the fact that she has to leave her children and partner. It must be heart breaking. I'll probably cry when she passes away, it'll be a sad day. :( It's just, heartbreaking.

randomrhys
15-02-09, 20:23
it's so sad. i feel so sorry for her and her family. it's not like i'd call myself a fan of hers or anything but i can't believe she's dying-it seemed to come out of nowhere.

on a side note, i think she was a scapegoat with the shilpa shetty stuff-i thought she was out of order but she wasn't racist-she shouldn't have had all the blame, there were 2 others involved and the one who was the worst seemed to get off completely.

CerebralAssassin
15-02-09, 20:27
Defiantly, I lost my mom to cancer when I was 16, as hard as that was I understood what was going on.
They are just so young to realize whatís happening, itís horrible.

I lost my mom from this damn illness at age 13.I hate it...it's such a slow and painfull death...I wouldn't wish it to anybody

touchthesky
15-02-09, 20:37
SHe was never someone from Big Brother I particularly admired, but damn it, who cares? This is a human being we are talking about. A mother, a daughter, a fiancee. It is always terribly upsetting when somebody is diagnored with a terminal illness, no matter who they are.

To those who have said that Jade is only doing interviews to gain fame, what on earth? Everybody in that position, regardless of what "fame" they had, would do the same. She wants a secure future for the children she will not live to see grow up, what is wrong with that? I admire her courage, I really do. She came out and did an interview when she first lost her hair so that the first image that was seen was one she put out herself rather than a pap picture of her shopping in Tesco or whatever.

I hope her last days/months/weeks are comfortable and pain free.

Lavinder
15-02-09, 20:40
Exactly, she stated herself that she was doing the publicity for money for her children. :)

rickybazire
15-02-09, 20:40
No matter how much I actually hate her personality, I feel sorry for her. I just wish that the media would leave it and let her live the rest of her life in peace.

Voni
15-02-09, 20:44
I'm not going to lie, the woman did my head in. But it's a crying shame to see someone so young dying like that, and for those two young lads to lose their mother. I wish her all the best.

Reggie
15-02-09, 20:45
I know there hasn't been hate here thus far but I really am annoyed at how some people have reacted towards this. Some of friends have called it just deserts for her and I've had to really bite my tongue on several occasions. The Digital Spy forum has also been full of vitriol (nothing new).

What happened, happened and now my sympathies are with her.

touchthesky
15-02-09, 20:49
I know there hasn't been hate here thus far but I really am annoyed at how some people have reacted towards this. Some of friends have called it just deserts for her and I've had to really bite my tongue on several occasions. The Digital Spy forum has also been full of vitriol (nothing new).

What happened, happened and now my sympathies are with her.

I don't understand why people are so vile about it, either. If it was anybody else, people would be all up in arms.

A life is a life.

It sickens me that there are even websites where you can win things for guessing when she will die.

People shock me, they really do.

TombRaiderCool
15-02-09, 22:00
This is very sad news indeed, I feel very sorry for Jade, and her family. :(

Changeling
15-02-09, 22:45
This is extremely upsetting. :( I can still remember when I was about 8 or 9 watching her on Big Brother when she came on it the first time; she was my favourite, she was always able to make me laugh. And now... she's dying? It's just so hard to believe. Only a couple of years ago she was living life to the full and all happy and bubbly. And now she's on the brink of death. :(

It'll be a sad day when she passes. I wish her and her family all the best.

Thanks for the laughs, Jade. I appreciate it.

Tonyrobinson
15-02-09, 23:01
I feel so bad for hating her before. I bet when people discriminated against her wouldn't if they knew she would contract cancer in the future. What makes it worse is she contracted it in India where so many hated her :(

Neteru
15-02-09, 23:06
I feel so bad for hating her before. I bet when people discriminated against her wouldn't if they knew she would contract cancer in the future. What makes it worse is she contracted it in India where so many hated her :(You don't contract cancer. It's not something that can be caught. It's something which develops.

Candee Sparks
15-02-09, 23:07
There's nothing worse than having a countdown to your own death jogging through your mind. :(

Archetype
15-02-09, 23:11
Despite not liking her, I do feel very sorry for her.

Quite shocking as well.

Tonyrobinson
15-02-09, 23:11
You don't contract cancer. It's not something that can be caught. It's something which develops.

I meant develope:o

Larapink
15-02-09, 23:18
India where so many hated her :(
I'll admit Jade made those racist comments about us Indians, and I was hurt by what she said at the time on Celebrity Big Brother. But I have forgive her, we have all made mistakes, we are all human after all.

Cancer is a horrible disease, and she is campaigning for more awareness. She is a mother, and my thoughts go to her family.

digitizedboy
15-02-09, 23:31
Can't say I liked her, but that's a real shame. Depressing in fact, especially because of the fact that she has children and now she won't be able to see them grow up. And her children will be losing a mother too. It never should be that way...

dcw123
16-02-09, 02:11
Never really liked Jade, but still.... what a shame:(
Feel sorry for her kids.

rowanlim
16-02-09, 07:38
Terribly sad news :(

I wish her & her family the best.

Dazzy
16-02-09, 09:40
I'll be honest, I never liked Jade, but she doesn't deserve to die. Man I feel sorry for her, damn you cancer.

Atlantisfreak666
16-02-09, 10:20
This is so sad.
:(

I've never been a huge fan of Jade, but I feel for her.

scion05
16-02-09, 19:34
I'm very sorry to see this. I watched an episode of her show on LivingTV and
think she's a total inspiration. Much love to you Jade :hug: