PDA

View Full Version : Is there a TR game you've never replayed?

Squibbly
17-02-09, 23:47
Is there a Tomb Raider game that you have never played twice? I've never replayed Anniversary. Not because I don't like it - I've just never bothered to. All of the other TR games I've replayed around three times.

What about you guys and your reasons?

Neteru
17-02-09, 23:49
I could say AOD, but I'm not entirely sure, to be honest. What I am certain of is that I've never played it more than twice and don't own a copy anymore.

Tombreaper
Not me, I replayed ALL Tomb Raider games.

The first 3 games at least 10 times or more.

Gladous
Angel of Darkness! :hea:

That game is aggravating! :mad:

The game is slower than Rosie O' Donnel at a Tofu store! :(

Larapink
17-02-09, 23:50
Angel of Darkness, because at the time the controls were annoying me. But if I had some time then I might just play it again.

Rivendell
17-02-09, 23:51
Chronicles.

I played it through once, then I've only ever played the first 5 minutes a few times, and revisited the Ireland/VCI levels once or twice.

I found it so boring compared to the games either side of it!

Ada the Mental
17-02-09, 23:59
I've never replayed TR3 and TR4 because I don't own the copies ( I had rented them, around 2003 I think) but I definitely plan to (some day ), especially TLR, which I absolutely loved.

(And I've never even played TR1, TRA and TRU)

Squibbly
18-02-09, 00:03
I've never replayed TR3 and TR4 because I don't own the copies ( I had rented them, around 2003 I think) but I definitely plan to (some day ), especially TLR, which I absolutely loved.

(And I've never even played TR1, TRA and TRU)

:eek: Go forth and play TR1 right now!! And the others of course, but especially that one! lol

:)

spikejones
18-02-09, 00:04
I've never replayed any of them. They hold no appeal to me after the first run through. Well, I take that back. I may eventually replay AOD, but the others - nope.

Lara Croft!
18-02-09, 00:09
Only Underworld... it's too soon.

Tombcool
18-02-09, 00:21
Anniversary. :ton:

Didn't we chat about this coolest girl ever. ;)

Squibbly
18-02-09, 00:25
Anniversary. :ton:

Didn't we chat about this coolest girl ever. ;)

We spoke about this on the phone the other day, yep lol.

Are you calling ME the coolest girl ever or Lara? :p

Hope your strep throat isn't too nasty. :(

Ada the Mental
18-02-09, 00:29
:eek: Go forth and play TR1 right now!! And the others of course, but especially that one! lol

:)

You think I don't want to? Can't find it! :( :p

Squibbly
18-02-09, 00:31
You think I don't want to? Can't find it! :( :p

That is sad. I'd lend you mine, but you're sort of on the other side of the world so... :p

Gabi
18-02-09, 00:32
Legend, Anniversary and TRU.
I started to replay Legend (just to see whether I might like it a bit more the second time round), but gave up very soon. This game just is not for me (I never even bothered with the time trials).
Anniversary has not sparked any wishes to replay it (yet?).
And TRU is still too recent (at the moment I cant even bring myself to do the treasure hunt).
All the other games I have played more than once, some of them even 3 or 4 times, AOD being the exception with only 2 rounds (Oh these controls!).

Assassino
18-02-09, 00:32
Underworld...Anniversary & Legend.

I've played the odd level but not as a whole game replay from scratch. CBA with that.

Ada the Mental
18-02-09, 00:37
That is sad. I'd lend you mine, but you're sort of on the other side of the world so... :p

LOL. Well, thanks for offering, anyway! :vlol:
I just haven't looked hard enough, I guess. :p

M.A.
18-02-09, 00:46
TR3. Finished the first play with a walkthrough. Have desire to pick up again then I remember it's complexity and length, and I put the game box back. :D Maybe someday when i got more time...

The ones that I replayed over and over again are TR2 and Legend.

MattTR
18-02-09, 00:46
To this day, Underworld is the only Tomb Raider game I've never fully replayed, and I don't find myself doing it anytime soon.. for some reason.. but..

The funnest games to replay for me are TR1, TR2, AOD, and Legend.. for some reason to this day I'm still playing them a lot. :tmb:

AOD specifically, for some reason everytime I play it I find yet another small detail I never noticed, same with a majority of the classics. :D

TRhalloween
18-02-09, 01:08
Well I haven't completed TR3,TR4,TR5 or TR6, so maybe them. I've replayed TRL to death, and I often go back to play selected levels in TR1. The only reason I don't replay TR2 much is because it took me so long to complete it. I'm still recovering lol

Lara's Backpack
18-02-09, 01:23
Underworld, I started replaying it. But... there's just no appeal...

Solice
18-02-09, 01:41
AOD. I didn’t even finish it. It was horrible.

Camera Obscura
18-02-09, 01:52
I own all Tomb Raider games with the exception of the gold levels and Underworld. Honestly, the game I haven't replayed would have to be The Last Revelation, not because it was bad, but it was just so long, and in my opinion, the good levels come after Karnak. I tried replaying it a few months ago but I just didn't feel motivated to finish the jeep levels.

voltz
18-02-09, 02:13
Chronicals, AOD and Underworld.

Never finished the others but I beat Legend and Anniversary.

Squibbly
18-02-09, 02:15
I own all Tomb Raider games with the exception of the gold levels and Underworld. Honestly, the game I haven't replayed would have to be The Last Revelation, not because it was bad, but it was just so long, and in my opinion, the good levels come after Karnak. I tried replaying it a few months ago but I just didn't feel motivated to finish the jeep levels.

I've been trying to replay it too but it's taking me so long to get through the levels... not because they're hard/long but because I only play for short amounts of time at once.

I've never played the Gold levels either. I didn't include them in my post because I forgot about them... and they're not the main game anyway.

dizzydoil
18-02-09, 02:29
No. Every Tomb Raider game is beauty to me - and I'll replay even if I don't want to :p.

EmeraldFields
18-02-09, 03:25
Underworld, I started replaying it. But... there's just no appeal...

Same here...:o

I always replayed Legend and Anniversary, but Underworld feels like it's done.

Immortalis08
18-02-09, 03:29
I've replayed every Tomb Raider sans the Gold versions seeing as how I am not a PC gamer. However, in my humble opinion, Underworld has little snippets I like to replay but if I do the whole thing I fall into a pit of despair.

Tyrannosaurus
18-02-09, 03:59
I have not played:

Angel of Darkness (though I have it, it won't run on my computer)

Tomb Raider: Legend (though I've seen plenty of it at youbtube and read about it)

Tomb Raider: Anniversary (seeing the gameplay and cutscenes convinced me I didn't need to buy a console system to play it any time soon)

Tomb Raider: Underworld

I haven't been able to play TR3, TR4, and TR5 in years, since none of those will run on my computer, even though they should be able (and have in the past). I've replayed TR1 and TR2 to death.

Tihocan9
18-02-09, 04:03
I haven't played TR4, TRC or TR:AOD all the way through once, I don't have TR4 or TRC but I have AOD but I just lost interest in it.

I have played TR1 multiple times, probably about 10
TR2 I have played maybe 3 or 4 times
TR3 only 2 times but its long
TRL many times but its short
TRA a few times maybe 4
TRU, I've played fully through 2 times but played other levels a bunch of times.

Spong
18-02-09, 04:05
Underworld. It's the first Tomb Raider game I've not gone back to.
I've no desire to replay the PC version, I couldn't even make it through the PS2 version once.

Immortalis08
18-02-09, 04:26
Underworld. It's the first Tomb Raider game I've not gone back to.
I've no desire to replay the PC version, I couldn't even make it through the PS2 version once.

That horrible huh? My curiosity about this version is killing me!

rowanlim
18-02-09, 04:27
I've never replayed TRA & TRC. Left the TRC at home & I don't bother trying it :p

TRenTIs
18-02-09, 04:28
The only Tomb Raider game that I have actually finished and replayed are Legend and Anniversary. I've played bits of the other ones, but never the full games. When I was younger, I would mainly just play around in the mansions, because some parts of the real games would scare me. I have not yet touched Underworld. I will rent it for the trophies.

Ikas90
18-02-09, 04:52
I haven't replayed TR1 or TR5. I've only recently finished TR1 for the first time, and I finished TR5 a long time ago with the use of cheats. I plan to replay it properly. :)

mau3genius
18-02-09, 05:04
Is there a Tomb Raider game that you have never played twice?

I've played every TR more than once, except for Underworld, and Anniversary.
Usually I tend to come back to AoD, Legend (I don't see it as a real TR, but it has good replay value IMO) and The Last Revelation :)

drakl0r
18-02-09, 05:42
TR3... I hate Meteorite Caverns...:p

Lara Coft Baby
18-02-09, 06:36
I don't think so. I've replayed all the games at least a few times. :D

Drone
18-02-09, 06:55
didn't play dlc. ain't gonna either

tomkat
18-02-09, 07:12
1,2 & 3
All the rest are still loaded, and played through in turn when I feel like it ;)
Except 5. Ive replayed it like 1ce. It just wasnt interesting enough.

sandygrimm
18-02-09, 07:17
Chronicles. Never found the game, and the demos were giving me a hard time!

Squibbly
18-02-09, 10:43
TR3... I hate Meteorite Caverns...:p

Me too. :(

LaraCroftRox
18-02-09, 10:50
No. Every Tomb Raider game is beauty to me - and I'll replay even if I don't want to :p.

Agreed! :D

touchmyheart
18-02-09, 11:23
Underworld. I just have no desire to play it *shrug*

I have replayed all the others a couple of times :)

Angelus
18-02-09, 11:36
Probably The Last Revelation. I've never actually played The Lost Artifact, either.

TRfan23
18-02-09, 12:03
That TR game on GBA, called the lost prophecy or something.

Worst TR game ever!

Anne Boleyn
18-02-09, 12:03
Angel of Darkness - I've never had the opportunity to even play a demo. Strange, because I've completed and replayed every game which came before and after it.

^^Actually, that's an outrageous lie, I haven't touched Underworld yet either...

Night Crawler
18-02-09, 12:21
Angel of Darkness cos it was a load of balls. :D

mizuno_suisei
18-02-09, 12:21
I've replayed all the games, but the lowest has been TRU since i replayed it once. Just finished my japanese TR2 playthrough the other day, was very proud xD

*laralover*
18-02-09, 12:36
Hm well iv played TR1 about 6 times, TR2 about 4 times, TR3 3 times,TR4 iv played about 3 times up to Cairo and gave up. TRC twice, AOD about 4 times, Legend twice (fully) TRA 3 times and TRU twice now. Legend is the worst i start the game then get so bored and give up. I love replaying the classics the most :D

TR93
18-02-09, 12:40
Chronicles...
My ps1 memory card is shot so I cant play it anyways without loosing everything...
I have to play through all of TR1 again because the card that was saved on has gone missing...! DAMN!

I replay Legend and Anniversary quite alot...not Underworld because I still don't have it,
AOD I still need to finish but don't have the time...and something I don't have the patience either:p

Mister Croft
18-02-09, 14:15
I've had all of them trough the years, but I've never played the Gold ones :p

Squibbly
18-02-09, 22:42
That TR game on GBA, called the lost prophecy or something.

Worst TR game ever!

I forgot about the GBA games in my post too! I haven't played them.

patriots88888
18-02-09, 22:58
Anniversary! Never even played it the first time because I hate remakes and replaying a remake would be total garbage!

ThatNorskChick
18-02-09, 23:03
Anniversary for me as well. I've tried to replay it a few times but for some reason I get bored within the first 10 minutes of playing it.

MadCroy101
18-02-09, 23:10
TR4, when I actually get the time to complete this massive game I will lol:D

Cristina
18-02-09, 23:12
I never replayed TR 3 but it doensīt mean i donīt like it:)

Encore
18-02-09, 23:23
I never replayed Underworld... I started but never finished.

Also, I never played Unfinished Business and The Golden Mask.

EgyptianSoul
18-02-09, 23:24
Legend and Anniversary bored me so much that I never replayed them. And now I've sold them off. :cool:

Quasimodo
18-02-09, 23:25
Out of the games I've completed, I've always gone back and replayed at least a level or two, but I rarely have the patience to do a true start-to-finish replay.

Nerd For Life
18-02-09, 23:39
Out of the games I've completed, I've always gone back and replayed at least a level or two, but I rarely have the patience to do a true start-to-finish replay.

Exactly this for me too.

Thorir
18-02-09, 23:42
Well... Underworld, really.
I don't really see any reason to.
I just want a patch to fix the horrible camera. It really RUINS the game. :(

I've played all the other games, including the Game Boy games countless times.
Even Legend and Anniversary. Underwold just doesn't give me any reason to play it again. :(

irjudd
19-02-09, 01:41
Never replayed AOD or Chronicles. Too much of a disappointment for me.

tombfan91
19-02-09, 02:29
as of right now, it is underworld. i played it through once. as great of a game in it's own right, it really lacked the appeal to play it through again especially since the build up at the end.... well wasn't anything truly amazing. I might give it another go one day, but as of right now, no.

erosan
19-02-09, 02:38
i haven't replayed Legend, Anniversary or TRU. They just arent that good....

Lemmie
19-02-09, 02:46
I have replayed every single Tomb Raider game I've owned. Guess I'm just such a fan! :D

My least played is probably AOD, but I've had various problems with my copy.

Shark_Blade
19-02-09, 09:21
All Gold levels except TRII Gold. And the Times level.

Nicky
19-02-09, 09:25
Just Underworld. I had to uninstall it as soon as I completed it once for technical reasons. But I'm going to replay it some time soon, hopefully.

Squibbly
20-02-09, 02:42
All Gold levels except TRII Gold. And the Times level.

I didn't even know the Times level existed until today. What kind of fan am I? :eek:

Downloaded it though and I am going to play tomorrow. Started it earlier, but like 50 enemies came at me at once and I just didn't have the patience for that tonight. :p

Tony9595
20-02-09, 03:08
TR1 my disc got scratched, after I first finished it

Jo269976
20-02-09, 03:42
The Gameboy one, it was horrid.

]{eith
20-02-09, 09:13
I've probably replayed them all but I've definitely played Legend the least. I might have done it once or twice but never again.

Orionvalentine
20-02-09, 09:19
I played Legend to death when it came out, but I probably play TRU less than most now. It's a number of things...one being that she can't even walk properly when I try to make her...:mad:

disneyprincess20
20-02-09, 09:43
I never even finished AOD, I hated it. I haven't replayed TR2 much, but that doesn't mean I don't like it. I played it when I managed to get it on the PC but haven't installed it on my new one yet. I'm currently trying to replay TRA on the PC (played it on the PS2 the first time) and frankly, I don't know how the PC players could stand it. It's wretched on the PC, absolutely awful.

I replay TRL and TRU a bit, but not in the way I reply the classics. I take replaying the classics to be like sitting down to watch an entire television series, or a movie series: it's something takes a lot of time and concentration, and shouldn't be taken lightly. Legend and TRU however, I'll replay certain levels when I've got 15 mins to spare, like whe I'm waiting for dinner to cook.

ajrich17901
20-02-09, 11:37
The one for Gameboy advance and the one for N-Gage OO also the TR Golds for pc

Hermina94
20-02-09, 11:46
I replayed all of them!Especially Legend and Anniversary

Larapink
20-02-09, 11:49
I would have said Underworld, but I have been playing it recently.

dcw123
20-02-09, 12:48
Underworld.... was SO boring and no replay value.
I only ever replayed Thailand, since that was the only decent level in the whole game:p
I re-completed all the other TR's multiple times, especiallt TR1 and 2.

Squibbly
20-02-09, 21:31
I'm currently trying to replay TRA on the PC (played it on the PS2 the first time) and frankly, I don't know how the PC players could stand it. It's wretched on the PC, absolutely awful.

I don't know how anyone could play ANY game on the PC... but I guess that's because I suck so bad at it. :p It's so awkward.

da tomb raider!
20-02-09, 21:36
I haven't replayed Anniversary because it's so laughably terrible, and I haven't replayed TRU because it keeps on crashing on my PS3. I've replayed the others multiple times, though (I've finished AOD and Chronicles about 20 times now! :D ).

violentblossom
20-02-09, 21:37
The Gameboy ones, the last of AOD, and the last of The Last Revelation.

i bought what i THOUGHT was Last Revelation at Wal-mart, but like, 3 levels in, the damn thing informs me that its a friggin' demo!

What the hell?!

Nowhere on the case did it say "Demo".

Biddy
20-02-09, 21:38
Never replayed Underworld. Probably never will.

Reggie
20-02-09, 22:36
Tomb Raider Last Revelation - I've never completed it BUT I love replaying everything up to Cleopatra's palace and if you count that, then its my most replayed TR game! And yes, I have tried to muster up the enthusiasm to finish the later levels but I never quite can, those later levels are much worse (IMO) than the first half of the game.

Tomb Raider Legend - Didn't replay, what's the point? Only completed it because it was too short to allow me to become bored with it

Tomb Raider Anniversary - Couldn't be bothered to complete, simply an awful remake. Gave up at the Palace Midas spike room.

Tomb Raider Underworld - Tried to replay, but gave up halfway - felt stale. Great on first playthrough but nothing that beckons for a replay sadly.

Everything else - Played through countless times, especially TR2. I especially like replaying my favourite levels on their own when it takes my fancy.

Fallen.Angel
21-02-09, 01:05
TBH I haven't replayed the Last Revelation, but still enjoyed it. I also have never replayed the original Tomb Raider once completion.

Squibbly
21-02-09, 03:33
The Gameboy ones, the last of AOD, and the last of The Last Revelation.

i bought what i THOUGHT was Last Revelation at Wal-mart, but like, 3 levels in, the damn thing informs me that its a friggin' demo!

What the hell?!

Nowhere on the case did it say "Demo".

REALLY? I would've taken it back and kicked them in the head. Not really, but I would have taken it back. Really weird.

Nenya awakens
21-02-09, 11:02
Chronicles, because it was so dull.
I re-played anni up to oblisk of kahmoon and then lost interest
Underworld.. i re-played up to the kraken.. But got distracted by peter bringing booze home so i opted for that instead.

demonslayer
21-02-09, 11:06
TR1 Gold
TR2 Gold
TR3 Gold

and any TR on a different console (e.g dreamcast) (if that counts) :p

godmodder
21-02-09, 12:54
I've replayed most of the games a couple of times (2-3 times), but Chronicles has a special place in my heart: I've played it over 23 times. I don't know exactly why, but it sure is an entertaining game. I think I have read every single bit there is on that CD ;)

Lara's home
21-02-09, 12:55
TR4 and 5.
I hated 4, and lost 5.

Veralsy
21-02-09, 13:38
Underworld only...:rolleyes:
To tell ya the truth, I even didn't try to start it...I just downloaded the game save file :D

Changeling
21-02-09, 13:42
Every time I try to re-play Anni, I get up to Egypt and then stop. I can just never be bothered with it after that.

Play Underworld up to Mexico and then stop.

I've re-played Legend a couple of times, but only for fun.

Never re-played TLR.

Razzi
21-02-09, 13:49
Legend definetly. It is the shortest game I've ever played

nicola1986
21-02-09, 13:50
I've replayed most to death apart from AOD 'cos the controls are too annoying and my PC version is glitched to heck.

The first 3 I play over and over 'cos I love them to bits, nothing beats the atmosphere on them! :tmb:

Not done Underworld again yet, haven't had the urge for some reason.