PDA

View Full Version : Are you scared for your own safety?

touchthesky
18-02-09, 19:07
I was on the bus on the way home from college today and I got thinking about this whole Peter Sutcliffe thning (if you're unsure what on earth I'm on about click here (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/politics/lawandorder/4684906/Yorkshire-Ripper-Peter-Sutcliffe-fit-to-be-freed-from-Broadmoor.html)) It made me think...am I safe? Are people safe? When I think about it the obvious answer is no..then I thought I was being silly, and that of course I'm safe, I'm in Britain! But ha.ha.ha, how wrong of me, how absolutely foolish of me.

It's getting out of hand, tiny prison sentences are being given out to people, they are saying they may let out a dangerous man (they say hes cured, but it has to be total rubbish) or remove him from high security to lower security, yobs are terrorizing our streets for what? money? drugs? it doesn't even seem like there is a reason any more..how many times do you hear about people being stabbed for no other reason than a bit of a laugh?

Anyway, whilst this thread is a bit all over the palce I guess the question is;
Do you feel safe where you are from? And if you don't...why? Is it the yobs on our streets? Or is it the small sentences being handed out to dangerous men?

patriots88888
18-02-09, 19:09
I feel safe right where I'm at currently. Just not safe from dentists! Lol

jackles
18-02-09, 19:12
The older I get the less safe I feel. Though I am not sure if that is because the awareness of danger increases as you get older or the fact that you feel less able to get away or fight back if attacked. Statistically you are supposed to be the least safe if you are a teenage boy or a young man but I guess we all feel that way.

Goose
18-02-09, 19:17
I was on the bus on the way home from college today and I got thinking about this whole Peter Sutcliffe thning (if you're unsure what on earth I'm on about click here (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/politics/lawandorder/4684906/Yorkshire-Ripper-Peter-Sutcliffe-fit-to-be-freed-from-Broadmoor.html)) It made me think...am I safe?

Your safety is entirely up to you, where you decide to walk at night, and if your attacked whether your prepared to commit to it. If someone attacks you, all you have to try to do is get two or three fingers as deep into there eye socket as possible, and they will go into shock or begin to fit, as thats how the human body reacts, same as if you bite into someones flesh as deeply as your jaw will allow.

People arent prepared to go to those lengths to defend themselves, i know im not. To animalistic, these are the sorts of things commandos are shown to be taught, because there bone simple, none of that kung fu crap, just pure testicle ripping mutilation.

I guess if people knew there rights they would just let rip on thieves more often.

Mad Tony
18-02-09, 19:20
I do feel safe, but I think our justice system and police force* is a laughing stock. We need tougher prisons (so they're actually like prisons instead of hotels), longer sentences and less bureaucracy in the police force. I think bringing the death penalty back would be a good idea too.

* I don't think regular police officers are a laughing stock, but I think the amount of paperwork and lack of actual policing that they do is ridiculous. Again, the regular police officers aren't to blame here, the government are.

Angelus
18-02-09, 19:24
I do feel safe, but I think our justice system and police force* is a laughing stock. We need tougher prisons (so they're actually like prisons instead of hotels), longer sentences and less bureaucracy in the police force. I think bringing the death penalty back would be a good idea too.

* I don't think regular police officers are a laughing stock, but I think the amount of paperwork and lack of actual policing that they do is ridiculous. Again, the regular police officers aren't to blame here, the government are.

Yes, let's start killing people again.

How does killing a criminal make you any better than them?

Mad Tony
18-02-09, 19:26
Yes, let's start killing people again.

How does killing a criminal make you any better than them?Obviously the death penalty should only be carried for very serious crimes like mass-murder. I think the death penalty would act a good deterrent too.

Thorir
18-02-09, 19:30
I feel very safe.

People fear me. :p

Angelus
18-02-09, 19:31
Obviously the death penalty should only be carried for very serious crimes like mass-murder. I think the death penalty would act a good deterrent too.

Even so, my question still stands.

laralover_07
18-02-09, 19:32
I don't think anyone is safe.

Mad Tony
18-02-09, 19:34
Even so, my question still stands.How does killing a criminal make you any better? Because they actually deserve it, unlike the person/people they killed.

Changeling
18-02-09, 19:35
Obviously the death penalty should only be carried for very serious crimes like mass-murder. I think the death penalty would act a good deterrent too.

Yes, but what about someone who was falsely accused? That would be an innocent person being put to death for something they didn't do. I know that being falsely accused for a major mass murder with witnesses and everything like that there sounds unlikely, but it is possible.

As for the topic at hand...

I feel pretty safe where I am now, but when it gets to sunset or night, that's when I start feeling unsafe. There's always a ton of chavs on the street who **** off passers-by for no reason, and you never really know what they're going to do next. I often try to avoid a street filled with people like that and pick another route. There's also a number of alcoholics who can roam freely about the streets too. I actually feel more safer in a larger city like Inverness rather than the small town that I live in.

Neteru
18-02-09, 19:38
Obviously the death penalty should only be carried for very serious crimes like mass-murder. I think the death penalty would act a good deterrent too.Because of course we have such a terrible problem in this country with mass murderers everywhere. And just look at America anyway. The death penalty is such a success at deterring anyone from committing murder.

:rolleyes:

Punaxe
18-02-09, 19:38
According to recent figures I live in the most criminal* city in the Netherlands, and even in one of the worst neighbourhoods of it. Still, I never had unpleasant experiences, and don't really expect to get them either. My martial arts training also helped in feeling more prepared for when it would happen. I expect to be able to stay focused and deal with it.

*) I don't know what type of criminality exactly these figures were based on.

Changeling
18-02-09, 19:40
Because of course we have such a terrible problem in this country with mass murderers everywhere. And just look at America anyway. The death penalty is such a success at deterring anyone from committing murder.

:rolleyes:

Precisely :tmb:

Mad Tony
18-02-09, 19:40
Because of course we have such a terrible problem in this country with mass murderers everywhere. And just look at America anyway. The death penalty is such a success at deterring anyone from committing murder.

:rolleyes:Doesn't matter if we have a problem with it or not. If you kill lots of people, then in my opinion you should be killed yourself.

Yes, but what about someone who was falsely accused? That would be an innocent person being put to death for something they didn't do. I know that being falsely accused for a major mass murder with witnesses and everything like that there sounds unlikely, but it is possible.That's why you make sure the person is 100% guilt before killing them.

Changeling
18-02-09, 19:42
That's why you make sure the person is 100% guilt before killing them.

It's not as simple as that. Think of all the people who have probably been falsely accused and are in jail right now.

Mad Tony
18-02-09, 19:47
It's not as simple as that. Think of all the people who have probably been falsely accused and are in jail right now.That's why I said that the person has gotta be 100% guilty.

sandygrimm
18-02-09, 19:48
Who isn't... It's my life of course I am...:)

Neteru
18-02-09, 19:50
Doesn't matter if we have a problem with it or not. If you kill lots of people, then in my opinion you should be killed yourself.It doesn't matter to you because as usual Ben, someone asks a simple question and you run off into your usual, extreme rhetoric. Rhetoric which typically defies logic.

Q. Do you feel safe?
A. Bring back the death penalty.

We're not speaking of mass murderers here. But I do realise that you'd like the death penalty, no matter what. Personally I think you should go live in Saudi Arabia. Then you could gloat all you like at the public beheadings with the extreme joy of witnessing what you desire so much.

Mad Tony
18-02-09, 19:55
It doesn't matter to you because as usual Ben, someone asks a simple question and you run off into your usual, extreme rhetoric. Rhetoric which typically defies logic.

Q. Do you feel safe?

We're not speaking of mass murderers here. But I do realise that you'd like the death penalty, no matter what. Personally I think you should go live in Saudi Arabia. Then you could gloat all you like at the public beheadings with the extreme joy of witnessing what you desire so much.Congratulations for not reading my posts properly.

Q. Do you feel safe?
A. Yes, but I think prisons need to be tougher, police need to do more policing and longer sentences needed to be handed out to those who commit more serious crimes. I also think the death penalty should be used in extreme circumstances.

^^

That's what I said. Not a one line answer of "the death penalty needs to be brought back".

About the death penalty, I specifically said in THIS (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showpost.php?p=3469568&postcount=7) post that I do not think it should be used for a lot of things (like they do in Saudi Arabia).

Neteru
18-02-09, 20:00
I know exactly what you said Ben. My point is (via sarcasm) that you made your comments and then ran into your rhetoric about the death penalty and mass murderers. Just extreme. What on earth has the death penalty and mass murderers got to do with feeling generally unsafe on the streets and police paperwork? Nothing.

Mad Tony
18-02-09, 20:03
I mentioned that I think we should bring the death penalty back as one of the things I think can be done to improve the justice system. That was all. It wasn't the main point of my post (hence why I put it on at the end). Unfortunately people are trying to make it the main point of my post when it obviously wasn't.

Agent 47
18-02-09, 20:11
I feel safe, if a prisoner has served their full MINIMUM sentence and are deemed not a danger to the general populous, then i say release them.

MT, i'd never back the death penalty.

amiro1989
18-02-09, 20:15
Death penalty is a HUGE (more like HUMONGOUS) no-no, for me.

Nobody deserves to be killed, even the biggest ******* in this world aka Saddam Hussein.

Putting him, in prison for life would have been better, I think.

lararoxs
18-02-09, 20:23
I would say I feel safe, but still everyone worries dont they!:)

I say no to the death penalty. It gives murderers an easy way out.

VonCroy360
18-02-09, 20:27
I live in a fairly small town in a fairly small country, so I can't say there's as much violence here as in the UK or the US, but the prison sentences are what worries me. The longest combined sentence over here is 40 years. Way too short if you ask me.

voltz
18-02-09, 20:44
Death penalty is a HUGE (more like HUMONGOUS) no-no, for me.

Nobody deserves to be killed, even the biggest ******* in this world aka Saddam Hussein.

You're right, we should have done this to him...

http://roadkillrefugee.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/clockwork-orange.png

McGloomy
18-02-09, 21:16
After being hit by a car last May I realized that my life could end every other day anyway. Everything got much more exciting since then now that I try to enjoy every single moment of it. :D

Paddy
18-02-09, 21:31
I feel safe but never drop my guard, can never be 100% safe anywhere.

amiro1989
18-02-09, 21:59
You're right, we should have done this to him...

http://roadkillrefugee.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/clockwork-orange.png

That's even worse, than killing someone.

Torture shouldn't be tolerated at all. Au revoir Guantamo's Bay. Good thing Obama decided to shut this prison.

Mad Tony
18-02-09, 22:00
Where did torture come into this?

voltz
18-02-09, 22:03
That's even worse, than killing someone.

:confused:

And exactly how many people died under Saddam's rule again?

Neteru
18-02-09, 22:05
Stick to topic.

lararoxs
If someone did a crime for example mass murder then I may see how you would fel the need for the death penalty etc.

Personnaly I think that they should be locked away with virtually no human contact, all they have then is their guilt and their own thoughts. Nothing worse than having guilty thoughts running through your head.

On topic:

I do feel safe but never 100%, It's Human Nature though.

TRfan23
Well I live in Trashford, and I hate it here. Used to like it, but the number of chavs has risen, they are so intimidating and I'd prefer to live in Canterbury.

So all in all, I'm scared and not scared for my own safety.

Paddy
18-02-09, 22:06
If someone did a crime for example mass murder then I may see how you would fel the need for the death penalty etc.

Personnaly I think that they should be locked away with virtually no human contact, all they have then is their guilt and their own thoughts. Nothing worse than having guilty thoughts running through your head.

On topic:

I do feel safe but never 100%, It's Human Nature though.

Its the way to survive, never drop your guard.

AmericanAssassin
18-02-09, 22:09
I think bringing the death penalty back would be a good idea too.

How does killing a criminal make you any better than them?

This is actually something I agree with Mad Tony on (eek!). I would rather see a criminal who commits mass murder wiped off of this earth, than see them content in some random prison. :rolleyes:

lararoxs
18-02-09, 22:11
Its the way to survive, never drop your guard.

You can guarentee that if you did then your safety would be violated!

I completely agree with you though!:tmb:

Drone
18-02-09, 22:56
nobodys safe, because everyone is guilty

oocladableeblah
18-02-09, 23:15
I feel safe I live in one of the top 5 safest cities in the US according to some 2008 statistics on this one site idk the name, but I am still aware of the dangers that can happen.

Encore
18-02-09, 23:20
I was on the bus on the way home from college today and I got thinking about this whole Peter Sutcliffe thning (if you're unsure what on earth I'm on about click here (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/politics/lawandorder/4684906/Yorkshire-Ripper-Peter-Sutcliffe-fit-to-be-freed-from-Broadmoor.html)) It made me think...am I safe? Are people safe? When I think about it the obvious answer is no..then I thought I was being silly, and that of course I'm safe, I'm in Britain! But ha.ha.ha, how wrong of me, how absolutely foolish of me.

It's getting out of hand, tiny prison sentences are being given out to people, they are saying they may let out a dangerous man (they say hes cured, but it has to be total rubbish) or remove him from high security to lower security, yobs are terrorizing our streets for what? money? drugs? it doesn't even seem like there is a reason any more..how many times do you hear about people being stabbed for no other reason than a bit of a laugh?

Anyway, whilst this thread is a bit all over the palce I guess the question is;
Do you feel safe where you are from? And if you don't...why? Is it the yobs on our streets? Or is it the small sentences being handed out to dangerous men?

This feeling is common ever since "modern times" arrived. You can read XIXth century writers saying the same things in other words.
Personally I don't think our time is any more violent than previous eras. And I certainly don't wander around being scared all the time. Yeah sure, if I come home late at night and the streets are dark and empty I might be extra cautious but I don't lose my sleep over this subject. It's all a matter of perspective, and I believe mass media and the tabloids made that perspective worse.

xXhayleyroxXx
18-02-09, 23:23
I'm the most clumsy/disaster-prone person EVER!!!
so i'm a danger to myself, thereore i'm never safe :(

Joely-Moley
18-02-09, 23:25

Wait...So you are pro life but for the death penalty?
Intresting.

I feel safe enough, I know where I can and can’t walk, and which times of day places are safe, or areas to avoid I have my ‘Hawk up.

Twilight
18-02-09, 23:27
No one is safe, but i don't care. there's a quote that helped me, "Don't let Fear make you it's *****." if you go through life scared the whole time, what's the point of living? have faith in yourself, prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

Lew
18-02-09, 23:35
How does killing a criminal make you any better? Because they actually deserve it, unlike the person/people they killed.

Then you'd have to kill the guy who killed the murderer..... Only people are being murdered by him should have the right to kill him in order to protect themselves....

Pan
18-02-09, 23:39
Like that poor old woman who was mugged and killed by mindless thugs and in her bag there was a packet of tissues, her glasses case, an asortment of coppers and other useless clutter - she was killed for NOTHING.

amiro1989
18-02-09, 23:41
Wait...So you are pro life but for the death penalty?
Intresting.

I feel safe enough, I know where I can and canít walk, and which times of day places are safe, or areas to avoid I have my ĎHawk up.

I haven't taken the time, but that is quite an interesting thing to notice....

rowanlim
19-02-09, 02:34
It's gotten more dangerous in Malaysia, maybe because after so many years of poor administration (police force, transport department), we have kids who bribe their way through the driving tests; as a result we've irresponsible kids on the road, more people are dying from car accidents everyday. Irresponsible jaywalkers who are seemingly blind to the pedestrian bridge nearby. Higher cases of snatch thefts that seem to grow increasingly violent...It's not very safe here compared to before :( Sometimes I get terrified of going out alone to the store, thinking someone will gun me down or something.

Encore
19-02-09, 02:50
I think bringing the death penalty back would be a good idea too.

Even better, we should have gladiator battles back. Entertainment is sooo boring these days. And since prisoners aren't worth living, they might as well get them to kill each other for the sake of fun.

Or maybe crucifixion.. Yeah that'd be cool.

LaraCroftRox
19-02-09, 06:14
I feel safe. Taekwondo is useful.

Andromeda66
19-02-09, 06:38
Do you feel safe where you are from?
And if you don't...why?
Is it the yobs on our streets?
Or is it the small sentences being handed out to dangerous men?

No I don't feel safe where I live.

Why...because I live in a country where terrorism has become more rampant and where things happen every other day right at the doorstep or in places you frequent...unlikely places like restaurants, bars, hospitals etc.

I think things like robbers who'd stab you for money in little corner alleys is a little rare. In that sense, this city's safe. Mostly.

But here's the thing, and it may be a little off-topic here, but you can't stop living your life just because things are getting a little nasty out there. I don't know if you'd stop going to your favourite bar or restaurant just because some mishap happened there a decade or two ago. I certainly wouldn't.

And yes, Taekwondo does help in most cases. :D

Sir Croft
19-02-09, 06:54
I don't know, I don't feel safe when I'm on the street alone, specially at night. But when I have friends of family with me I feel safer, even though I know it wouldn't help much, but I tend to feel safer. Anyway, safety isn't guaranteed here in Brazil, only few places are safe and I feel like I can't go anywhere without having big risks of being attacked.

I feel safe. Taekwondo is useful.

Unless you're outnumbered and they got guns. :whi:

CerebralAssassin
19-02-09, 06:57
yes I feel safe where I am now and only slightly less safe in my hometown...:)

LaraCroftRox
19-02-09, 07:07
Unless you're outnumbered and they got guns. :whi:

Okay, you got me there. :vlol:

Melonie Tomb Raider
19-02-09, 07:16
Nah, I never get scared for my safety. I get scared that something might happen to my family, though, but only momentarily.

Life is life, and God is in control. Knowing that, I really have nothing to be afraid of. Something that may seem like the worst thing in the world will pass, and pretty soon, we'll all be dead. Everyone dies, and in all honesty, life is short. The only difference between the dead and the living is that their lives were shorter, but seriously, we're all gonna die soon, we can't live forever. And really, it's not such a bad thing.

It's plain and simple. This short life is nothing but preparation for the next life. You've got one shot to get your future secured and help others to do the same. That's really all that matters.

To some, the life we live is the only life they believe there will ever be. However, it's nothing more than a spec of sand on and endless beach, and I truly feel sorry for people who are blind to that. There's more to this life, much, much more, and when you finally realize it, it's absolutely amazing and thought provoking. We'll never figure it out until the time comes, so we might as well focus on the preparation phase instead of letting our ignorance screw up our true and eternal life that is to come.

When it's all said and done, we'll look back at how we lived our earthly lives and see how foolish we were to put so much attention to it, rather than see the big picture. It's silly, but we all fall into that trap at least to some degree. Although, what is sad is that there will be numerous people who will suffer for eternity when the real life starts, all because of silliness and arrogance taking the place of preparation. If we could magically have our eyes and minds open 100% to the truth, we'd feel like idiots, I can say that without a doubt.

That's my two cents.

Archetype
19-02-09, 10:01
Nah, I never get scared for my safety. I get scared that something might happen to my family, though, but only momentarily.

Life is life, and God is in control. Knowing that, I really have nothing to be afraid of. Something that may seem like the worst thing in the world will pass, and pretty soon, we'll all be dead. Everyone dies, and in all honesty, life is short. The only difference between the dead and the living is that their lives were shorter, but seriously, we're all gonna die soon, we can't live forever. And really, it's not such a bad thing.

It's plain and simple. This short life is nothing but preparation for the next life. You've got one shot to get your future secured and help others to do the same. That's really all that matters.

To some, the life we live is the only life they believe there will ever be. However, it's nothing more than a spec of sand on and endless beach, and I truly feel sorry for people who are blind to that. There's more to this life, much, much more, and when you finally realize it, it's absolutely amazing and thought provoking. We'll never figure it out until the time comes, so we might as well focus on the preparation phase instead of letting our ignorance screw up our true and eternal life that is to come.

When it's all said and done, we'll look back at how we lived our earthly lives and see how foolish we were to put so much attention to it, rather than see the big picture. It's silly, but we all fall into that trap at least to some degree. Although, what is sad is that there will be numerous people who will suffer for eternity when the real life starts, all because of silliness and arrogance taking the place of preparation. If we could magically have our eyes and minds open 100% to the truth, we'd feel like idiots, I can say that without a doubt.

That's my two cents.

Thanks mel for writing my post for me :)

Mad Tony
19-02-09, 10:45
Even better, we should have gladiator battles back. Entertainment is sooo boring these days. And since prisoners aren't worth living, they might as well get them to kill each other for the sake of fun.

Or maybe crucifixion.. Yeah that'd be cool.Mocking people's political beliefs because they differ from your own is so mature isn't it? :)

I support the death penalty for only the most severe crimes like mass murder (Although some people are just completely ignoring the bit about it only being for things like mass murder), I gave my reasons for it. Get over it. I don't expect any of you guys to believe in it just because I do, and that's perfectly fine. I'm not pushing my opinion down anybody's throat. It'd be a boring world if we all had the same views on everything. It's not even like it was the main point of my post. Unfortunately people on here are trying to make it the main point of my post, when it obviously wasn't. the main point of my post was about tougher prisons, longer sentences and more policing, another thing which most people seem to have happily ignored.

Nannonxyay
19-02-09, 11:09
It doesn't matter to you because as usual Ben, someone asks a simple question and you run off into your usual, extreme rhetoric. Rhetoric which typically defies logic.

Q. Do you feel safe?

We're not speaking of mass murderers here. But I do realise that you'd like the death penalty, no matter what. Personally I think you should go live in Saudi Arabia. Then you could gloat all you like at the public beheadings with the extreme joy of witnessing what you desire so much.

Ok, that was awesome. :tmb: Marriage? :p

I think no one is really safe. Especially in London or somewhere where there's a lot of crime. Maybe I'm just over paranoid.

Ikas90
19-02-09, 11:38
I feel safe in my country. Australia ranks among the safest countries in the world, following closely behind Canada and Sweden. But that's no reason to put my guard down.

When I'm out and about in other countries, I might feel a little more threatened. Before I went to Latvia, I was a little scared because of all the things my dad said about it, saying how likely it would be to get kidnapped and have your kidneys removed and sold on the black market. But when I got there, I wasn't afraid of anything. I felt perfectly safe, like a local.

MiCkiZ88
19-02-09, 11:43
Nope, not really. I'm afraid of something bad happening to others though.

Joely-Moley
19-02-09, 16:35
I support the death penalty for only the most severe crimes like mass murder (Although some people are just completely ignoring the bit about it only being for things like mass murder), I gave my reasons for it. Get over it. I don't expect any of you guys to believe in it just because I do, and that's perfectly fine. I'm not pushing my opinion down anybody's throat. It'd be a boring world if we all had the same views on everything. It's not even like it was the main point of my post. Unfortunately people on here are trying to make it the main point of my post, when it obviously wasn't. the main point of my post was about tougher prisons, longer sentences and more policing, another thing which most people seem to have happily ignored.

I didn’t ignore the rest of the post, I just had nothing else to add to it.

I just said that I found it interesting that you could feel so strongly about being pro life, yet to be a supporter of the death penalty. I never insulted you or anything so no need to get so defensive.

It’s just very rare that you find someone to be so against abortion for taking the life away and think it’s ok to take someone else’s life anyway as punishment for whatever horrible thing they may of done.

sorry if you took what I said the wrong way.

irjudd
19-02-09, 16:37
I'm not scared for my safety. Just cautious.

Mad Tony
19-02-09, 16:37
I didnít ignore the rest of the post, I just had nothing else to add to it.

I just said that I found it interesting that you could feel so strongly about being pro life, yet to be a supporter of the death penalty. I never insulted you or anything so no need to get so defensive.

Itís just very rare that you find someone to be so against abortion for taking the life away and think itís ok to take someone elseís life anyway as punishment for whatever horrible thing they may of done.

sorry if you took what I said the wrong way.Don't worry, my post wasn't really directed at you :)

Seb_01225
19-02-09, 16:43
my friends boyfriend got stabbed and died while trying to get help, the person who did it, did it for no reason at all, he hasn't been caught even though everyone knows who it was.

Fish.
19-02-09, 16:48
I don't feel safe, mainly because I live in a high-crime neighborhood. It can get a little offsetting when there was a breaking&entering along with armed robbery a mile away from your house. :(

Angel666
21-02-09, 04:17
In general I don't feel not safe. If that makes sense. I try to be as aware of my surroundings as I can and I have mace on my keychain. My uncle taught me how to fight and to give it my all. I feel I'm doing the best I can and the rest is up to fate.

aileenwuornos
21-02-09, 04:40
That's why I said that the person has gotta be 100% guilty.
Uh, there's no such thing as 100% guilty. Last time I checked it was "beyond reasonable doubt". Even so, new evidence can always come to light and bring back that reasonable doubt.

Or maybe crucifixion.. Yeah that'd be cool.

Wow, so you are aware you're talking about human life here right? That these people in prison do actually have friends, family and loved ones too? That's some pretty warped thinking. I hope for your sake you weren't being serious.

I usually feel pretty safe. I think it's because I have common sense. Hah hah hah. And cos I live in one of the most isolated capital cities in the world which (despite what biased monopolised papers here have to say) is a really safe place to be in.

Gladous
21-02-09, 04:43
I feel pretty safe. :)

I have protective influences around me, but the world its self isn't safe. =/

I am pretty secure about myself and who I make contact to, but you can't trust everybody you meet. :wve:

Catapharact
21-02-09, 05:44
I'm afraid of something bad happening to others though.

Good hearted being here folks.

Been taking self defense classes Micks?

MiCkiZ88
21-02-09, 10:05
Good hearted being here folks.

Been taking self defense classes Micks?Haven't felt the need to learn anything in that area really. Being gifted with fast reflexes and long legs can be quite useful. ;)

Nah, unfortunately my parents never put me in one of those martial arts or self defence classes no matter how much I begged, and until now I haven't really had the inspiration to do so. Once I get things arranged here properly I might just end up taking some classes. :)

I think you've taken some?

Angelus
21-02-09, 11:43

That's my two cents.

Life is short? Can you think of anything longer that you'll live through?

Punaxe
21-02-09, 12:34
Haven't felt the need to learn anything in that area really. Being gifted with fast reflexes and long legs can be quite useful. ;)

Nah, unfortunately my parents never put me in one of those martial arts or self defence classes no matter how much I begged, and until now I haven't really had the inspiration to do so. Once I get things arranged here properly I might just end up taking some classes. :)

I think you've taken some?

I recommend Jiu-Jitsu :p