PDA

View Full Version : playstation fight!

trtrailerman
20-02-09, 21:52
Oh my this brings a new definition to sore looser right?

A 16-year-old boy who murdered another boy of the same age in a row about a PlayStation has been locked up for life.
Shane Boyd stabbed Conor Black to death outside a house party in August last year.
Boyd, who had an anti-social behaviour order (Asbo) imposed on him when he was just 12 and had breached it three times, is also understood to have a conviction for assaulting a police officer.
Judge Clement Goldstone QC, sitting at Manchester Crown Court, sentenced Boyd to life, to serve a minimum of 11 years before he can be considered for parole.

more story here : http://news.aol.co.uk/boy-gets-life-for-playstation-murder/article/20090220084607537904614

lararoxs
20-02-09, 21:55
I heard about this earlier!

Seriously, what is this world coming to?

They said something sbout it being a playstation and then it was an xbox?:confused:

violentblossom
20-02-09, 21:57
O.O

i heard a story where a babysitter told a child they couldn't go outside or something, and so this itty bitty 4 year old took out his parent's gun and shot him.

trtrailerman
20-02-09, 21:57
They said something sbout it being a playstation and then it was an xbox?:confused:

thats journalism for you :p

Mad Tony
20-02-09, 21:58
A minimum of 11 years? That's pathetic. Our "justice" system is ridiculous.

Logie 12 =]
20-02-09, 21:58
thats just shocking what idiot would do that!

Changeling
20-02-09, 22:01
I seriously cannot believe the amount of articles like this that I read. First getting arrested over texting in class and now getting killed over an argument about a PLAYSTATION? WTF is the world coming to!? :(

MattTR
20-02-09, 22:06
Wow.. another WTF story.. :(

There's been a lot of strange things, but this is just.. wow, I'm not suprised though..

It's pretty safe to say that now days ANYTHING could happen to you.. :(

lararoxs
20-02-09, 22:09
thats journalism for you :p

How dare the bbc news!:p

It is perthetic though! I dont understand how one person can physically harm another human, let alone actually murdering them! I guess thats just me, I mean look at the amount of people that actually do harm others over useless things like this.

LaraCroftRox
20-02-09, 22:15
:mad:Jesus, the world's gone mad.

Rai
20-02-09, 22:16
This is just shocking.

Seriously how has this boy been raised if he even thinks for a minute that carrying a knife is a good idea, let alone stabbing someone over a playstation. I know 'blame the parents' is an easy option, but this boy had an ASBO slapped on him aged 12 for crying out-loud! There is something wrong right there. They obviously don't give a damn what he is up to.

It angers and scares me that this is what is happening with kids these days.

And he can be out of prison in 11 years? Is that what a life sentence means now?

Punaxe
20-02-09, 22:22
I've always wondered why life doesn't actually mean life in the judicial term. But in this case, he was 16, life (as in life) without probation seems too much to me.

Smog
20-02-09, 22:26
:mad:Jesus, the world's gone mad.

It's always been mad, it's just that nowadays we get more coverage of it.

Rai
20-02-09, 22:27
Maybe you're right, Punaxe. but 11 years (when he can get probation) isn't long enough either, imo.

EmeraldFields
20-02-09, 23:00
I've always wondered why life doesn't actually mean life in the judicial term. But in this case, he was 16, life (as in life) without probation seems too much to me.

:tmb: Sure, he knew better and there is no excuse for what he did, but giving a life sentence to a 16 year old is different than an adult.

rickybazire
20-02-09, 23:02
Oh dear...I'm just glad I won't be like this with only a racing game and Tomb Raider on my computer now...let's just hope I don't get done for dangerous driving or solving unusual puzzles...:D

Mad Tony
20-02-09, 23:05
How can you not give this guy a life sentence? He murdered somebody. 16 is old enough to know what consequences your actions might have.

irjudd
20-02-09, 23:09
It never stops irritating me when people ask what the world is coming to. :rolleyes:

Especially when (depending on who you ask I suppose) murder has been happening since the first pair of brothers on earth.

Mad Tony
20-02-09, 23:31
It never stops irritating me when people ask what the world is coming to. :rolleyes:

Especially when (depending on who you ask I suppose) murder has been happening since the first pair of brothers on earth.Yeah, that annoys me too. In many cases the things that are reported are actually decreasing in frequency. It's just that we hear about these things more often now because we as a world are more informed about what's going on.

Mr.Burns
20-02-09, 23:34
How can you not give this guy a life sentence? He murdered somebody. 16 is old enough to know what consequences your actions might have.

The current penal system is flawed as far as I am concerned. Given the kid's age, there's a possibility that he could still be a good contributor to society with the proper rehabilitation. A life sentence would just lock him up, no rehab and a drain on the system.

irjudd
20-02-09, 23:45
Maybe, until the next generation of consoles comes around, and more is at stake than ever! The same vices will get this fool again.

Joely-Moley
21-02-09, 00:26

I know right? The fact that he was given a life sentence and may have the chance of parole in 11 years is disgusting. Some life sentence eh?

-Chromeo-
21-02-09, 04:28
..Wow.
You have to be kidding...

Gladous
21-02-09, 04:34
4N3N1MlvVc4

That's ridiculous... :(

Jo269976
21-02-09, 05:30
How long till they blame violence in the media, whereas they don't take into account the person may just be evil alltogether.

ECB
21-02-09, 06:05
That's horrible, but hardly surprising.

Two kids got in a fight in my Science class over Xbox and PS3. It's a game console...

spikejones
21-02-09, 07:06
Seriously, what is this world coming to?
remind me to ask that next time someone acts incredulous that something bad or strange has happened yet again in a world where bad and strange things have been happening since the dawn of time.

it was an x-box
it was a car
it was a ring
it was money
it was
it was
it was

people get killed over stuff all the time, everyday. why are people so incredulous?
I know right? The fact that he was given a life sentence and may have the chance of parole in 11 years is disgusting. Some life sentence eh?
life is actually not a sentence until death. you should perhaps read up on your legal terms. a life sentence is a 25 year sentence. NATURAL life sentence on the other hand is what you are thinking of.

Dream_Raider
21-02-09, 09:13
It's just a playstation...I would KILL to get a playstation brought to literal sense *facepalm*

corey01
21-02-09, 09:29

tell me about it, the worst was that james bulger story, those boys should've been locked up for life, instead they were given new identities and released:mad:

DragonSlayer
21-02-09, 19:32
bbc teletext said it was an xbox they were fighting over that red ring of death sure is contagious.:vlol:

Joely-Moley
21-02-09, 19:37
life is actually not a sentence until death. you should perhaps read up on your legal terms. a life sentence is a 25 year sentence. NATURAL life sentence on the other hand is what you are thinking of.

I know that, I was just saying I think it is ridiculous.

In the UK a life sentence is rarely even close to 25 years.

spikejones
21-02-09, 20:18
ahh.. well I was referring to what it is in the US. I didn't realize it was different in the UK. Sometimes the really bad criminals that blow up buildings and such will get a life sentence for every death they caused - run back to back. so they may end up with 80 sentences of 25 years. Kinda hard to get out on parole for that. ;)