PDA

View Full Version : Things that you are better at than most people...

Lara Croft!
24-02-09, 13:51
Some of you may have no musical talent... some can't paint well and some don't know how to use Photoshop. But having a talent is not all about art... There are things, even small ones, that we are better at compared to the people around us...

- I can recognize a face (e.g in a movie) even if the face has changed/aged. One time I recognized an actor I had seen only twice from the back of his neck... My friends were shocked.

-My hearing is better that in most people. I can hear mobile phones ringing in bags when no one else can and other things.

- I can mimic voices of cartoons and other characters (Gollum, South Park characters) pretty well (as I am told)

So what are yours????

spikejones
24-02-09, 13:56
pointing out that anyone who posts in here is an ego maniac:p

I don't think I am better than anyone at anything.

violentblossom
24-02-09, 13:58
^i can mimic well, too! :jmp:

*i can sing.

*i'm a bottomless pit of information when it comes to movies and actors.

*i'm a good judge of character.

*i manage and spend money very well.

*i'm pretty good at telling people off.. which is not really a good thing i guess, lol.

(I don't think its bad to list off good qualiies, it's not the same as saying you're the BEST at something, so i dunno, its good to have confidence in one's self.)

CerebralAssassin
24-02-09, 14:16
I'm good at chess!!:D:D (not the best,but good)

-My hearing is better that in most people. I can hear mobile phones ringing in bags when no one else can and other things.

so I guess that would make you a....batwoman!!lol...j/k:ton:

irjudd
24-02-09, 14:43
Altering reality :cool:

mizuno_suisei
24-02-09, 14:44
Im counting these 'people' as people I know in day to day life, not over the Internet.

-Tomb Raider, No one i know can play it properly xD
-Japanese, I dont know many people at all who speak it, only ones online really.

Encore
24-02-09, 15:07
I'm good at abstract thinking, I say this because when I was in school most of my classmates had a problem with philosophy classes, mainly with following philosophy texts; and for me understanding them was always kinda intuitive.

I think that's about it.. :p

TR93
24-02-09, 15:48
Picking out things at random from something that seems innocent:p...
Playing Guitar by ear
Singing...although everyone else say I am good..I think I sound...bad!:p lol...
Drums and keyboard,

Real strength I suppose...standing up to Bullies and never backing down...and then standing up to my friends...which seems even more diffcult:)

Joely-Moley
24-02-09, 16:15
Iím good atÖmoaning.

And I am an encyclopedia of completely useless general knowledge.

jjbennett
24-02-09, 16:19
Im good at guitar and generally knowing when someones lying.

rickybazire
24-02-09, 16:24
I can play the piano better than majority.

My eyesight is pretty darn good, I can read writing that's really far away.

I can cycle far and for ages.

Biddy
24-02-09, 20:21
I'm the 'best' when it comes to drawing and writing in my class. I'd really like to post some of my sketch works here but I'll need a scanner. :o

Also, I can tell when people lie.

sandygrimm
24-02-09, 20:23
rubbing the mint - aka festering around :vlol:

Ikas90
24-02-09, 21:33
I have good geographical knowledge. Give me any European country, and I'll give you it's capital city instantly. I do know the world pretty well, but Europe is my best known continent.

irjudd
24-02-09, 21:34
I have good geographical knowledge. Give me any European country, and I'll give you it's capital city instantly. I do know the world pretty well, but Europe is my best known continent.
Having google at your fingertips helps :ton:

Ikas90
24-02-09, 21:41
Having google at your fingertips helps :ton:

Google searches take too long. :cln:

Immortalis08
24-02-09, 21:43
I can bend backwards, kick behind my head, and do vertical/horizontal splits (I'm a guy :whi:). Oh and twist my joints in awkward ways. And I can hear the quietest of sounds.

Endow
24-02-09, 21:44
Being awesome.

Sorry.

TRfan9294
24-02-09, 21:47
I'm good at singing:o. That's all I can think of.

Nerd For Life
24-02-09, 21:50
Being awesome.

Sorry.

Me too.

:p

angelfaithrox
24-02-09, 22:06
Iím really good at reading people, I know whatís wrong with someone and usually know exactly why.
If one of my friends is upset about something, I know even if they try and hide it, and I always know why as well. Thatís a weird thing to be good at.

patriots88888
25-02-09, 00:22
Everything! I rule all! :p

Lemmie
25-02-09, 00:25
I've got a pretty good memory.

And I'm a mean dancer! :D

Regulator
25-02-09, 00:52
Among my group of friends,I'm the musical, artsy person.
I play the violin,draw and love writing.

Thorir
25-02-09, 00:54
I can drink enormous amounts of alcohol.
Most people will end up in hospital with their stomachs pumped.
At the same amount, I'm just having a little drinkie and watching stuff on Youtube to cheer me up for the party. :D

Also, I'm fantastic. :)

Rachel Croft
25-02-09, 01:03
Drawing, photoshop, swimming, voices, building, piano, reading people (I'm pretty good at that), understanding people, and some other stuff. :)

Feather Duster
25-02-09, 01:09
Among my group of friends,I'm the musical, artsy person.
I play the violin,draw and love writing.

Yup! When I tell people I have Wip, they go, "What?"

Arm vibrato! :D

the morningstar
25-02-09, 01:10
I am the best at being completely and utterly average.

digitizedboy
25-02-09, 01:12
I'm good at being a pain in the ass. Nobody does it better.

MiCkiZ88
25-02-09, 01:58
Not sure If I'm better at things than most people.. but I am multi talented. Musical, artistic and a real smart ass know-it-all *****. Great at cutting hair, organizing things/interior design and have an eye for fashion. I give great massages and I can make people laugh very easily.

And I'm even a tedious bore at times, some I'm even good at it!

Beat THAT! :tea:

And I can annoy and whine quite well as well..

Indiana Croft
25-02-09, 02:15
I apparently heal abnormally faster than most people. I had a wart on my knee and the nurse put on some kind of acid. I came back five days later completely healed from the acid and she said it takes most people three weeks for complete recovery. So my sister and i cut ourselves (not like that, just one little paper cut like scrape) on our arms and I healed the next day while she still had the cut.

I also have a really really high metabolism and I can eat literally anything and stay stick thin. When I over eat I actually lose weight. it's weird.

Guess I'm a mutant lol

freeze10108
25-02-09, 03:18
Compared to the people that I deal with in person everyday:

Spanish (Everyone around me asks me for help)
Computers (Hardly anyone at my school even knows what Linux is)
Photoshop (GIMP) Manipulations (I can't think of any of my friends who have even so much as touched PS or GIMP)http://i44.************/20ijeb9.jpg

I don't think I am better than anyone at anything.

Have you seen what you post on the tech support forum?http://i44.************/2s9b21f.jpg

the hooliganz
25-02-09, 03:29
I'm better than anyone else in losing arm wrestling

I dunno if I'm better than anyone else at anything

ECB
25-02-09, 03:45
-I usually ALWAYS know when someone is lying.
- Good judge of character
- I can randomly calm people down

spikejones
25-02-09, 03:50
Compared to the people that I deal with in person everyday:

Spanish (Everyone around me asks me for help)
Computers (Hardly anyone at my school even knows what Linux is)
Photoshop (GIMP) Manipulations (I can't think of any of my friends who have even so much as touched PS or GIMP)http://i44.************/20ijeb9.jpg

Have you seen what you post on the tech support forum?http://i44.************/2s9b21f.jpg
humility (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humility), something I try to embrace - for pride cometh before a fall.

TRenTIs
25-02-09, 05:15
I'm a funny person. People love me for it, and they miss me when I'm not around. It's nice to be nice. :tea:

EmeraldFields
25-02-09, 05:17
Being myself and finding odd Cher mash-ups.

Example:

qyylqbBKcss&feature

!Lara Croft!
25-02-09, 09:45
I can perform most of lara's moves. Im constantly getting told off for talking the fun way up a flight of stairs. Jump up, grab the edge of a step, swing up to the next one and all the way to the top. Then use only your arms to climb up the vertical banister supports and jump over the railing. I can do sprint-rolls, lara's running, swinging on horizontal poles, climb in up vertical poles etc.

Basicly most of lara's moves.

I can pull off hers and almost every character in tr's voice aswell. How many times have i re-enacted the TR3 london cutscene i dont know, somehow i just nail my animations, i even make lara's huah when i jump without knowing it now.

tomblover
25-02-09, 09:50
I can do weird sounds.

Have you ever heard me yodel and do all three piggy sounds (A la Drew Barrymore in Charlie's Angels. :D) at the same time? :mis:

Legend Killer
25-02-09, 10:38
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i291/shifty007/misc/kirk2.jpg

:cln:

I like to think I'm a pretty decent Goolger. :wve:

Lee croft
25-02-09, 12:15
mood swings :D

Lara Croft!
25-02-09, 12:15
It seems like most talents are about art and having a good judge of character...

MiCkiZ88
25-02-09, 13:22
mood swings :D
Just try and beat me.. or Mitchel

Chocola teapot
25-02-09, 16:12
Proving people wrong. (usually about space)
Correcting people (Cosmology, usually about space.)
Bottomless pit of space knowlage, I'm obsessed with space and have read more books about space than I've had dinners! (usually useless knowlage)
Empathy.
Geography.

*laralover*
26-02-09, 19:54
Using a PC everyone else i know moans about them :p

Helping people with relationship advice well all my friends always come to me and ask me saying i give good advice :o I also seem to be good at knowing what men are like mostly with my mother as all her previous bf's have been jerks and i somehow sensed it

Playing Tomb Raider and RPG's Well not the best but im always helping my best friend on her games :D

toxicraider
26-02-09, 20:17
I have pretty good short term memory, I can just read through a list of notes to memorise anything for an exam, whilst others find it harder.

I'd also like to think I can work things out for myself.

ClassicCroft
26-02-09, 20:28
when i hear the first 5 seconds of a song. I already know the name of the song and the singer.

and i also feel on the ground and with my ears when there is someone or something verry close 2 me.

ShadyCroft
26-02-09, 20:39
I can memorize roads and places I've seen better than most people I know around me.

Saphyre
26-02-09, 20:40
I'm a good listener.(when people are telling me their problems for example) :D

ShadyCroft
26-02-09, 20:41
hey, am a good listener too. :D

Jo269976
26-02-09, 20:41
I can...

Flip my eyelids inside out :confused:

Lara Croft!
27-02-09, 02:09
I'm a good listener.(when people are telling me their problems for example) :D

hey, am a good listener too. :D

Ι'm sorry, what did you say????

:D:D:D

Drone
27-02-09, 21:33
I'm really really really good at losing my patience

Nerd For Life
27-02-09, 21:33
I'm really really really good at losing my patience

LOL me too! ;)

Biddy
27-02-09, 22:13
Being me.

kristi
27-02-09, 22:21
-I am more intelligent than the rest of the class.
-I can draw waaaaay better than the rest of the class.
-My pit of information is waaaaay more deep than the ones of the rest of the class.
-I can play the piano,a thing which nobody in my class...my school can!And eventually,my ear is very sensible to volume and notes.
-I have a better intuition than the rest of the class.
-I know the basics of Pascal,a thing which nobody in my class does.
-I can learn a lot faster than the rest of the class.

I can...

-I can do that too:D.My friends freak out when I do it.

Twilight
28-02-09, 00:02
oh look, i can brag on the internet:

i'm good at math
i get doozy off regular black tea
i'm good at poems
i can draw well
i can dance
and i can procrastinate really well, in fact i'm doing it now

Benguitar
28-02-09, 00:55
..........Guitar

Computers.... Photography, Writing and a few other things ;)

Encore
28-02-09, 00:56
I can...

Bloody hell!!!! When I was a kid I had a classmate who could do that, and he did it just to scare me because I was terrified of it. :pi:

da tomb raider!
28-02-09, 01:22
Moaning, and mentioning the Dreamcast at every chance I get.

TR love
28-02-09, 01:30
Im a faster reader than some people my age.

My friends also say im good at being crazy. I dont know where they got that idea :P

Tyrannosaurus
28-02-09, 04:17
being a Tyrannosaurus

amiro1989
28-02-09, 04:32
being a Tyrannosaurus

:vlol:

Tyrannosaurus
28-02-09, 04:45
It's true. I can exert 80kN in bite force alone. Can you?

http://bp1.blogger.com/_ClRNXSlyjSk/RipC0ErlQ0I/AAAAAAAAACA/KvDpvheKwLg/s1600-h/kd_pop_big1.jpg

Laurencarter
28-02-09, 16:41
Pretty much nothing

Squibbly
28-02-09, 16:48
I can...

I can do that too! :vlol:
I used to scare my little brother's friends doing that, when I was also younger.

Anyway... something I am better at... hmm. Well, I don't like talking about myself and I don't think I'm better than anyone else or anything, but I am good at drawing. I've been doing it for a long time and have been told some of my artwork is lifelike. *shrug*

toxicraider
28-02-09, 17:06
I worked out how to make my eyes look in different directions, which most people I know don't know, and I can also do a crazy thing with my eyelids, by pulling the top ones down more over my eyes, and nobody else I know can do that.

NympHadorA
28-02-09, 18:52
I am good at being an admin on my own site... :D

I am good at English between most of Turkish people around me... :)

I am good at screaming... :D

I am good at thinking something for a long time...

AmericanAssassin
28-02-09, 18:53
I'm quite good at calling out people's insecurities when I feel the need to take a jab at them. :mis:

Fallen.Angel
28-02-09, 18:56
Well, I can handle reptiles (anything from small snakes/large snakes, turtles, bearded dragons, leopard geckos, etc) unlike most of the people around me. They're too afraid.. bummer. And I'd say I'm pretty good at graphic designing.

>_<

Tombreaper
28-02-09, 20:12
Finding all secrets in TR I, II & III, Time Trials in Gran Turismo2 and Forza2, Quake2, drawing, sculpturing, talking with animals, that includes sheep.

KIKO
28-02-09, 20:25
I can destroy a personal work that took almost 1 year to be done, many nights staying up late just to make a bit more of it.
What ? I got tired of it :p

Bumio
28-02-09, 20:38
i have a power to forget a person's name after few minutes of meeting him/her :p :pi:

Drone
28-02-09, 21:40
Some people said that I'm good at interrogation ... *laughs* I don't know maybe they are right. Maybe because I can scream and shout too loud