PDA

View Full Version : Gaelic???!?!?!!

sheepydee
26-02-09, 20:46
Hey Everyone ,

i got this CD off my Gaelic teacher and we were supposed to listen to it all and we are getting a test about the stuff on the cd its like audio tracks and that
I CANT UNDERSTAND IT AT ALL , almost 3 years of the language i dont get it

any help on how to understand this rubbish any better lol??:confused:

touchthesky
26-02-09, 20:52
It's your native language, it's hardly "rubbish" ;).

But no, I can't help...I do watch BBC2 in Gaelic sometimes, though. It's fun.

Jo269976
26-02-09, 20:54
Knock yourself out:

http://www.clanmacrae.org/documents/gaelic.htm

sheepydee
26-02-09, 20:55
It's your native language, it's hardly "rubbish" ;).

But no, I can't help...I do watch BBC2 in Gaelic sometimes, though. It's fun.

yeah well u know what i mean , i mean a 14 year old aint gunna be able to understand all the impossobilities im hearing on this cd right now =S

ShadyCroft
26-02-09, 20:59
Rubbish ???!!!! :yik:

Well, I dunno the language, but Gaelic music is amazing !

Rivendell
26-02-09, 21:01
I do watch BBC2 in Gaelic sometimes, though. It's fun.

Bah, I'm so jealous! I'd love to know Gaelic.

sheepydee
26-02-09, 21:02

Well, I dunno the language, but Gaelic music is amazing !

GOSH my teacher put on gaelic music once i couldnt stand it , its sooo hard to understand it at the rate it is on this CD its IMPOSSIBLE

badboy70
26-02-09, 21:03

Well, I dunno the language, but Gaelic music is amazing !Agreed, I really want to learn it :D

Jo269976
26-02-09, 21:03
GOSH my teacher put on gaelic music once i couldnt stand it , its sooo hard to understand it at the rate it is on this CD its IMPOSSIBLE

Your dog ate your homework then?

ShadyCroft
26-02-09, 21:05

I don't understand it at all, I just love the music. :)

sheepydee
26-02-09, 21:06
Your dog ate your homework then?

i'll just say "oh soz miss the CD got stuck in laptop and snapped " or something XD

Punaxe
26-02-09, 21:07
Do you know what songs exactly are on the CD? Surely there's something about 'em on the Internets.

sheepydee
26-02-09, 21:09
Do you know what songs exactly are on the CD? Surely there's something about 'em on the Internets.

no , its not songs its UNITS on a certain subject E.G the one im on right now is food and drink "Biadh Agus *what ever drink is*"

im really stuck D:

]{eith
26-02-09, 22:59
no , its not songs its UNITS on a certain subject E.G the one im on right now is food and drink "Biadh Agus *what ever drink is*"

im really stuck D:

I don't know if the Scottish gaelic is the same but drink is ól in Irish Gaelic. I use skool.ie for all my Gaeilge needs but if Scottish gaelic is very different then it might not be of any use to you.

freeze10108
26-02-09, 23:48
You should try slowing the tracks down. Try ripping them to your computer and open them with Audacity (http://audacity.sourceforge.net/). Once there, select all of the track and go to effects>change tempo. If you can't rip them, Audacity can record the tracks instead.

Pan
26-02-09, 23:52
There are so many signs in Scotland in Gaelic now, all I know is Rubba is rock and Dubh is dark or black and Ealiean is island and Dun is fort plus a few more obscure words!!