PDA

View Full Version : alternate ending not an ending...

smr
01-03-09, 13:57
I just re-finished underworld. Lara in the end has another portal sword (A.K.A. Excalibur) in the famous now "alternate ending" she doesn't. I don't think CD would make such a stupid mistake.

My guess is that the scene is right Before Lara breaks the ice to get to the last level, somewhere in Jan Mayen. That would explain why Amanda appears out of nowhere down there. And Lara doesn't seem to be surprised by her presence but from her Behaviour (why did she help her)

I am 100% sure. Do we have anyone from Eidos to confirm this to us?

thanxxx

Rivendell
01-03-09, 13:58
It was an extended ending, which they scrapped during production for a few reasons.

larson n natla
01-03-09, 14:00
It was an extended ending, which they scrapped during production for a few reasons.

That reason being eidos :)

smr
01-03-09, 14:01

thats my point it was not an ending or an extended ending at all. Because it has snow in it it doesn't mean it is in Nepal! (remember Nepal from Legend? No big snow lands there) it is in Jan Mayen.

laralover_07
01-03-09, 14:04
thats my point it was not an ending or an extended ending at all. Because it has snow in it it doesn't mean it is in Nepal! (remember Nepal from Legend? No big snow lands there) it is in Jan Mayen.

I'm pretty sure Legend's Nepal had lots of snow. And besides the ending wasn't final. That's why she doesn't have Excalibur or Thor's accessories. :)

igonge
01-03-09, 14:05
I thought Eidos cut that ending because it made no sense...

It's in Nepal if it's at the end of the game.

AmericanAssassin
01-03-09, 14:08

It is the ending. It is Nepal. ;)

Rivendell
01-03-09, 14:09

It was an extended ending, which they cut.
It wasn't Jan Mayen, because Amanda could wouldn't have been able to walk in Helheim if it was.
Besides, by your reasoning that she doesn't have Excalibur so it can't be the end, also fits with it not being able to be before Helheim because she doesn't have Mjolnir.

smr
01-03-09, 14:20
It was an extended ending, which they cut.
It wasn't Jan Mayen, because Amanda could wouldn't have been able to walk in Helheim if it was.
Besides, by your reasoning that she doesn't have Excalibur so it can't be the end, also fits with it not being able to be before Helheim because she doesn't have Mjolnir.

okay you are right about that. But It just doesn fit to me as an extesnion of the ending. I didn't think of that. She should have had the hummer. But still. We have many people from Eidos and CD around the forums... Has anyone confirm that it is an alternate ending or a previous scene?

AmericanAssassin
01-03-09, 14:22
It's right after her and Amanda come through the portal in NEPAL. She's even wearing the drysuit! ;)

Watch here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuWhs7kVj_0&hmt=18 :mis:

gison
01-03-09, 20:17
Wow, i love the alternate ending.. i wish it was on the game.. and i admit i feel sorry for amanda when she got shot on the leg and stay alone in the cold place.

Chocola teapot
01-03-09, 20:26
^ I lol'd

Sharon_14
01-03-09, 20:31
Its 100% real, no fake or anything, it was found on the FMV files of the PS2 version.

gison
01-03-09, 23:31
It was found on the FMV files of the PS2 version? Hmm.. how come the alternate ending looks like on PS3/Xbox360?

Tony9595
01-03-09, 23:47
What Im fearing now is that Amanda appears on TR 9, if they used that ending on TRU that would mean that Amanda died on Nepal, but they removed it, so now she is still alive...

and maybe they want her to return... :(

:yah:SQUARE ENIX! SAVE US!:yah:

gison
01-03-09, 23:52
What Im fearing now is that Amanda appears on TR 9, if they used that ending on TRU that would mean that Amanda died on Nepal, but they removed it, so now she is still alive...

and maybe they want her to return... :(

:yah:SQUARE ENIX! SAVE US!:yah:

Yeah.. You're right. I just wondered they deleted this alternate ending to make Amanda survive for the next game.... puff..

aussie500
01-03-09, 23:57
It was found on the FMV files of the PS2 version? Hmm.. how come the alternate ending looks like on PS3/Xbox360?

For the same reason the PS2/Wii version of the Nepal cutscene is next gen and that the burning Manor cutscene is next gen, it looks better.

Either way Amanda would have survived, removing it just left them parting on slightly better terms, and Amanda came of appearing a bit more mature.

gison
01-03-09, 23:58
For the same reason the PS2/Wii version of the Nepal cutscene is next gen and that the burning Manor cutscene is next gen, it looks better.

Ok. I understand

Tombraiderx08
02-03-09, 02:25
I just re-finished underworld. Lara in the end has another portal sword (A.K.A. Excalibur) in the famous now "alternate ending" she doesn't. I don't think CD would make such a stupid mistake.

My guess is that the scene is right Before Lara breaks the ice to get to the last level, somewhere in Jan Mayen. That would explain why Amanda appears out of nowhere down there. And Lara doesn't seem to be surprised by her presence but from her Behaviour (why did she help her)

I am 100% sure. Do we have anyone from Eidos to confirm this to us?

thanxxx i agree with that, and believe it or not i noticed the whole abscence of excalibur too like just yesterday!

Dia2blo
02-03-09, 03:57
Didn't a lot of people also speculate that the rock Amanda uses is in fact from the broken Dais?

However, i did think at the time that the temple looked suspiciously like that of Jan Mayen, however, the lack of any crevass's and the fact that we never actually saw the makeshift exit in Nepal says otherwise.

Also, why on Earth would Amanda be randomly attacking Lara at Jan Mayen? Or limping? Or not using her wraith stone, if it still had "juice"?

thevman
02-03-09, 05:14
There is no ending, CD doesn't have the balls to kills any one off. They'll be back again, and again, and again, and.... :rolleyes:

Although it would explain the limp amanda has in the last level... :mis:

Tony9595
02-03-09, 05:27
There is no ending, CD doesn't have the balls to kills any one off. They'll be back again, and again, and again, and.... :rolleyes:

Although it would explain the limp amanda has in the last level... :mis:

(that means that Larson will return too! :yik: )

dont you think it could be something that they deleted, so that they can use it on Laras Shadow?

Timbit
02-03-09, 06:09
This was the original ending, but it was altered because of design choices.

Mainly because it was a STUPID ending!