PDA

View Full Version : Snow, Snow, Snow

Flyin11
01-03-09, 21:56
I know there are some people here that live in the Southeast and Northeast as I have seen posts before when they had snow earlier but here in Central Virginia, we are about to get slammed on!! It's coming down big time right now and we are suppose to get 6-10" by morning :cool: Up in areas like NY tomorrow and Boston very soon, they are expected to get 12"+. What crazy weather as of late around here :rolleyes: It was 70 on Friday and now we are having snow and it's going to be 12 degrees tomorrow night :eek: I know a lot of kids like it but it's no fun to drive in and have to miss work for us adults. I'm not a cold weather person, I love the temperatures like on Friday around here and I'm ready for Spring ;) Oh well....Just kind of ranting on getting dumped on tonight....

Anybody else around here getting it?

spikejones
01-03-09, 22:00
not yet, but I hear we may get some here in North Carolina this evening - or in the morning tomorrow. It's been raining all day already, so I wouldn't doubt it happening if the temperature dropped low enough.

IceColdLaraCroft
01-03-09, 22:14
I'm in SE VA. We probably wont get any. We never do. A few weeks ago we had a "snow day" and it didnt snow :vlol:

_Awestruck_
01-03-09, 22:52
The last snow I had was 3 weeks ago. It's been quiet this year, sadly. :( I'm in Ohio and last year we got huge snows at least once a week this time of the year. I expected it to be worse this year but it hasn't been at all.

loser66
02-03-09, 00:08
I live in Northeastern NJ. Not snowing yet:(...

EDIT: Just checked Yahoo and said 90% chance of snow :D.

matrix54
02-03-09, 00:50
OMG! WE LIVE NEAR EACH OTHER!!

if you get snow, we get snow...isn't virginia kind of... hot...

Mr.LadyCroft
02-03-09, 01:03
I'm assuming we're getting snow over here, Pennsylvania. Because they already cancelled a bunch of schools, including mine, which i'm quite happy about.

LaraCablara
02-03-09, 01:04
Yeah its a snow storm here, but schools wont be closed, they are NEVER closed :(

Flyin11
02-03-09, 01:53
OMG! WE LIVE NEAR EACH OTHER!!

if you get snow, we get snow...isn't virginia kind of... hot...

Well, Virginia is usually weird weather all the time :p I think we already have about 4in on the ground now and it's only 10PM :rolleyes:

Hey spikejones...You guys should be getting some now as they were showing Charlotte on the radar and surrounding areas getting it :D They actually said you guys had thunder snow! :yik:

I hear ya LaraCablara...It's more than likely because you all are so use to it up there in NY ;)

Legend Killer
02-03-09, 02:00
New Hampshire checking in. :wve:

We are preparing to get slammed here as well. The forecast is for 12 to 15 inches, but the snow thrower is gassed and ready to go. :tmb:

spikejones
02-03-09, 02:04
Well, Virginia is usually weird weather all the time :p I think we already have about 4in on the ground now and it's only 10PM :rolleyes:

Hey spikejones...You guys should be getting some now as they were showing Charlotte on the radar and surrounding areas getting it :D They actually said you guys had thunder snow! :yik:

I hear ya LaraCablara...It's more than likely because you all are so use to it up there in NY ;)
nothing yet... just walked inside from a smoke and no snow yet. haven't checked the thermometer, but it still appears to be a slight drizzle. accuweather said 10 pm it would snow here. but I dunno.

EmeraldFields
02-03-09, 02:08
We got three and a half inches last night in Nebraska.:)

Fish.
02-03-09, 02:32
We got a light dusting of sleet and snow today, probably about -inch or so. It's not much, but it's a lot for Alabama. :D

spikejones
02-03-09, 13:49
it finally came last night/this morning - still going. and it looks like about 2-3 inches right now.

irjudd
02-03-09, 13:51
I'm about a 5 hour drive southwest of spikejones' location and there is just a bit of ice here and there. Maybe an inch in some locations. But nothing to be bothered with.

Chocola teapot
02-03-09, 17:42
No snow in the uk!!!! :(

LaraCablara
02-03-09, 17:56
Yeah its a snow storm here, but schools wont be closed, they are NEVER closed :(

But for the first time in 5 long years, they were closed :eek:.

nickless
02-03-09, 19:45
...is almost gone,gone,gone.
i so love and enjoy a fully white view,with the beautiful trees,almost none cars and people strugling to get out of the mini avalanche they got into *evil he-he-he* but if it stops,in a day the snow gets dirty and starts melting.one of the ugliest scenes of nature imo.
it reminds me that i had a hard core avi for winter...oh well,next year :D

MiCkiZ88
02-03-09, 19:48
No snow here this winter.. and it's already warming up nicely. Can't wait for summer!

Lara Croft!
02-03-09, 20:13
It hasn't snowed in the centre of Athens this year and I don't think it will... :( Better luck next year.

TombRaiderLover
02-03-09, 20:32
It's beginning to warm up, actually. Although it's always very windy as I'm walking home from school, so my fringe flies back over my head and it's EXTREMELY ANNOYING, AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

That is all. ;)

Larapink
02-03-09, 22:07
We need more snow here again :mis:

Just so I can have another Snow day! :D

IceColdLaraCroft
02-03-09, 23:30
We need more snow here again :mis:

Just so I can have another Snow day! :D

Go ask the "wish corruptor thread" :D

Flyin11
03-03-09, 01:05
Yeah...It's all said and done for here now. We got about 7" of snow overnight. I had to take off from work cause there was no way I could make it out of the parking lot. A few cars got stuck and just backed back up and stayed home here at my apartments as well. Now it's just cold...Going to get down to 11 degrees tonight, 35 tomorrow, and 14 tomorrow night. All after it was only 29 for a high today. Whatever melted or is slushy on the roads is defiantly going to be ice in the morning so I'm going to have a fun time getting into work in the morning. I was able to be off today but I have to get in tomorrow. Have to go to work to get paid and pay the bills. Good news is that it's suppose to be in the 60's, almost near 70 this weekend.